Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Lee Byunghun, Actor

utterly committed, incredibly passionate

card05.jpg

The happiest moment is not to reach the peak but is to choose my own script.

I hope this can last 10 to 20 years from now.

Guest ellabel

We've already emailed BH Ent, CP and even Byunghun-ssi since last week but no reply from anyone. Which is not necessarily a bad thing no2.gif.. at least the messages doesn't bounce. *phew! wipes forehead*

I think we all realized by now that we're not to expect any response anymore but taking everything in good faith, if there's ever a reply.. that would be such a sweet BONUS indeed. If none.. it's no problem at all. :lol:

As WWF doesn't notify any "problems" with the delivery.. which the gifts were sent straight to Seoul, it's cool to say that the panda-gift has safely arrived to be with Byunghun on his birthday. :rolleyes: :blush:

Ella, mailene and everyone.. please no worries.. any monetary contributions have been waived but continuous sharing at the thread will be most encouraged.. an EverythingLBH privilege most importantly. :wub: All for Hunnie.. Hunnie for all!

Yes, I'm sure BH, CP and BH Entertainment receive tons and tons of emails, letters and gifts daily and particularly during BH's birthday. He is not a megastar for nothing. :rolleyes: But, I'm sure he will be most happy to receive such a unique and worthy gift, being a charitable man and lover of animal himself. I wish I still have that "certain" link to CP just to be assured. Oh well...... Who knows??? One day we will just see the cute panda toy displayed in one of his wall cabinets or rooms just like the snapshot of the phtotomosaic we sent him for his earlier birthday.

Again, thanks rubie hunnie and Felicia for the wonderful gift in behalf of the hunnie pandas at soompi.

Guest ellabel

^^I usually write a poem for BH on his birthday. It's not really because I'm a poet or good at it but he does give me inspiration so.... today actually tonite while soompi is doing its daily maintenance, i was able to do one with his name as usual. :D

HUNnie Love and Wishes

by: ellabel 071209

L ots of sweet moments and best wishes be with you today

E nvelope you in the most unique, special and warm way

E ach Hunnie panda loves and supports you come what may.

B ox office success for your first Hollywood movie, G.I. Joe

Y our personal happiness and top-rating Iris, we hope for you.

U nder the wide blue sky, the Hunnies will silently cheer

N ever will we lose our faith and trust in you, our dear

G reat things and magnificent milestones are very clear.

H old your dreams and wishes close to your big heart

U nfold them one by one as you travel your life’s path

N ext to Byung Hun we’ll stay and promise not to part.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LBH! smileyhappybday.gif

Guest summer0323

IRIS

60130292.png

34558908.jpg

-------------------------------

oh dear ...I almost forgotten today....

LBH.jpg

103011.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LEE BYUNG HUN SSI

110258.gif

Many Happy Returns Of The Day..... Happy Birthday Lee Byung-hun Oppaplease_1.gifSarang Hai Yo!!!!!!

lbh44.jpg

lbh4543.jpg

I really liked your idea of writing about Lee Byung-hun letter by letter... it is really nice :)

^^I usually write a poem for BH on his birthday. It's not really because I'm a poet or good at it but he does give me inspiration so.... today actually tonite while soompi is doing its daily maintenance, i was able to do one with his name as usual. :D

HUNnie Love and Wishes

by: ellabel 071209

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LBH! smileyhappybday.gif

WoW! The poem is very beautifully penned my dear Ella chingu.

Yup, I am hoping one day we’ll get to catch a glimpse of the certificate-of-adoption display on his desk, shelf or any other place where it is visible for the camera to capture during (probably) one of his interviews. Who knows, right! ;)

Guest elbie-h forever

L ets

B e

H appy

because its his birthday. To our beloved Panda Hunnie, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope and pray that you'll receive all the blessings you deserve - good health, happiness, successful carreer, peace, prosperity and lots of love from your family and special someone.

2009 Birthday Wishes to Lee Byunghun, Actor

~ utterly committed, incredibly passionate

card05.jpg

The happiest moment is not to reach the peak but is to choose my own script. I hope this can last 10 to 20 years from now.

8 Gifts that don't cost a cent ~ to give and receive!

wish_bh4.gif 

1. THE GIFT OF LISTENING
But, you must REALLY listen. No interrupting, no daydreaming,
no planning your response. Just listen.

2. THE GIFT OF AFFECTION
Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds. 
Let these small actions demonstrate the love
you have for family and friends.

3. THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER
Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, 
“I love to laugh with you.”

4. THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE
It can be a simple “Thanks for the help” note or a full sonnet. A brief, handwritten note 
may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life.

5. THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT
A simple and sincere, “You look great in red,” “You did a super job”, or “That was a wonderful meal” 
can make someone’s day.

6. THE GIFT OF A FAVOR
Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.

7. THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE
There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times 
and give the gift of solitude to others.

8. THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION
The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone, really it’s not that hard, 
to say, “Hello” or “Thank You.”

Spoiler

HAPPY 39th BIRTHDAY 
byunghun-ssi
WORK SUCCESSFULLY, STAY HEALTHY, LIVE HAPPILY

val5.gifval5.gifval5.gif
val5.gif
ylin (Singapore)

Happy Birthday, Byung-hun ssi 

bhbd2009.gif

mailene28 (USA)

Happy Birthday Byunghun ssi! cheers!

zashibear (USA)

Need to greet the HUNNIE PANDA man...Happy Birthday LBH! May you have the best birthday ever. And blessings abound on your special day.

Carmina (Philippines)

****** Happy birthday Byung Hun shi! I wish you good health, happiness & many more blessings in your personal life & career. :D ******

cynthia05 (Singapore)

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y B Y U N G H U N..............PLENTY OF WISHES FOR YOU..........MAY YOU FIND GOOD HEALTH............MAY ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION PAY OFF AT THE BOX OFFICE FOR GI JOE AND RATINGS FOR IRIS...........MAY YOU FIND THE SOMEONE SPECIAL THAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR............MAY U MAKE THE MOST OF THE LAST YEAR OF YOUR THIRTIES BEFORE YOU HIT THE BIG "4 0"...........AND THE MOST IMPORTANT.............MAY YOU ALWAYS FIND HAPPINESS IN WHATEVER YOU DO.............CAUSE ALL YOUR FANS AROUND THE WORLD LOVE YOU VERY VERY MUCH AND WANT THE BEST FOR WHATEVER YOU DO AND WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT IN WHATEVER DECISION YOU MAKE!

We've heard this many times before but it's always heartwarming to note Dir. Kim Jee Woon's trust in BH that he's the one & only choice for BSL.

bh39a.gif

LEE BYUNG HUN in A BITTERSWEET LIFE (2005)

"I think I've been in this field for too long to worry about whether this film is going to be successful or not. I'm quite beyond that now," says Lee. "Well, life goes on. What's meant to happen happens." Lee believes in destiny, in that sense.

"I didn't know I would be an actor for this long. When I made my first debut as an actor, I thought it would be just a short-term experience. "But once I got into this field, I changed my mind," he says. 

"I realized being an actor is not about just looking good, but something I can devote my life to."

chula (USA)

happy birthday byung hun-ssi!!!! 
wishing you more birthdays and kickass movies, good health and hopefully the woman of your dreams :wub:

kimchibabe (Philippines)

MORE SUCCESS......MORE HAPPINESS ....MAY YOUR STAR NEVER CEASE TO SHINE.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BYUNGHUN-SSI!!!!

luwali 196 (Hong Kong)]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BYUNG HUN-SSI

LOTS OF WISHES FOR YOU , HEALTH, HAPPINESS, SUCCESS, LOVE ......

MAY YOU MEET YOUR LOVE '' SHE''

summer0323 (Singapore)

103011.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LEE BYUNG HUN SSI

110258.gif

ellabel (Philippines)

I usually write a poem for BH on his birthday. It's not really because I'm a poet or good at it but he does give me inspiration so.... today actually tonite while soompi is doing its daily maintenance, i was able to do one with his name as usual. :D

HUNnie Love and Wishes
by: ellabel 071209 

L ots of sweet moments and best wishes be with you today
E nvelope you in the most unique, special and warm way
E ach Hunnie panda loves and supports you come what may.

B ox office success for your first Hollywood movie, G.I. Joe
Y our personal happiness and top-rating Iris, we hope for you.
U nder the wide blue sky, the Hunnies will silently cheer
N ever will we lose our faith and trust in you, our dear
G reat things and magnificent milestones are very clear.

H old your dreams and wishes close to your big heart
U nfold them one by one as you travel your life’s path
N ext to Byung Hun we’ll stay and promise not to part.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LBH! smileyhappybday.gif

Today is Lee Byung hun's day...... :wub:happyb-daybear.gif

Sunlight in the morning.....
A wishful starlit night........
And all the hours in between.....
Full of your heart's desires.

SAENGIL CHUKHA HAMNIDA, BYUNG HUN ssi!!! 

Personal wishes: HeartburstgifLiz.gif
1. Box Office success and international recognition for G.I. Joe.
2. A directorial job in your dream movie.
3. Top tv rating and acting recognition for your drama, Iris.
4. Good health and more blessings for you and your family.
5. Last but not least, the love of your life, a lifetime partner, a woman who will complete you.

Birthdaycakewdcandle.gif *ellabel* 

jeeji

Many Happy Returns Of The Day..... Happy Birthday Lee Byung-hun OppaSarang Hai Yo!!!!!!

lbh44.jpg

lbh4543.jpg

willenette (Philippines)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LBH! I celebrate all the wonderful things you are to me! 

elbie-h forever (Philippines)

L ets
B e
H appy

because its his birthday. To our beloved Panda Hunnie, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope and pray that you'll receive all the blessings you deserve - good health, happiness, successful carreer, peace, prosperity and lots of love from your family and special someone.

melusine (Philippines)

As each year passes the more your talent awes and transports me.

I expect to be feeling this way for a very, very, very long time.

Happy birthday ByungHun ssi! :wub:

zacey (Singapore)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BYUNG HUN OPPA!!! 

MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE....

TY_KSW (Vietnam)

Happy Birthday 
to Lee Byung Hun Ssi

Health and Big Success !!

birthdaycake725086xt5.jpg

mailene28

birthday003.gif

b.gify.gifu.gifn.gifg.gifempty.gif

h.gifu.gifn.gifempty.gif

shinerelsie (Philippines)

5699.jpg

Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da! BYUNG HUN-SSI

FOR OUR BELOVED BYUNG HUN LEE IN HIS SPECIAL DAY!!!!

Birthday Blessings

Instead of counting candles,
Or tallying the years,
Contemplate your blessings now,
As your birthday nears.

Consider special people
Who love you, and who care,
And others who’ve enriched your life
Just by being there.

Think about the memories
Passing years can never mar,
Experiences great and small
That have made you who you are.

Another year is a happy gift,
So cut your cake, and say,
"Instead of counting birthdays,
I count blessings every day!"

By Joanna Fuchs

kaos-panda28.gif 

card02.gif

Hyc (Malaysia)

2009-1.jpg

utkim (Norway)

Happy Birthday to LBH, wish you more happiness & all the best too you, Oppa

profile1.jpg

Felicia Soh (Malaysia)

Lee_Byung_Hun.jpg

rose-banner.gif
Every year you received all the BEST wishes and in year 2008-2009 we’ve seen one of the very BEST of your career achievements and even so I’ll still be wishing you everything-the-BEST, Lee Byung Hun Ssi!

Saiengil Chukai Hamnida!

jocake5zhoy3.gif

rose-banner.gif

kikkii (Thailand)

Happy BirthDay Hunnie!!!

LEE BYUNG HUN'S NEW MOVIE STILLS

posterphoto91456.jpg

Top star Lee Byeong-Heon's Hollywood debut film, "G.I. Joe" revealed Lee's presence in the film finally!

The film site has revealed Lee's still pictures not wearing his mask. What a strong vibe!

This new film will be hitting the theaters in August 6th where Lee is Storm Shadow character of the Cobra secret agent team. Storm Shadow will be very skilled in martial arts and weaponry who had become the elite special agent from being a B-boy. He is costarring with Sienna Miller!

The world will see his stylish action and unique character poise hrough this film.

posterphoto91455.jpgposterphoto91454.jpg

Source : news.nate.com

Credit : Hancinema

^ Thanks for the cool Storm Shadow highlight, willenette.. appreciate it very much. ^^ Definitely an undeniable presence by Byunghun with a strong vibe indeed! :D

I really liked your idea of writing about Lee Byung-hun letter by letter... it is really nice :)

welcome1.gifjeeji to EverythingLBH! We're very glad to see you here, a really good day to drop by! :w00t:

Please keep on sharing with us. ^^

A truly wonderful and heartfelt sharing by Ella.. thumbup.gif.. we're very happy to share it at 'Byunghun of our Hearts' top posting for the whole month of special July. :blush:

Everyone, please continue to be inspired by Byunghun-ssi.. always sharing your thoughts and everything about him at the thread. :wub:

summer.. love the IRIS BTS caps of Byungun-ssi.. he's so intense! *panda faints!*

Looks like it was his left shoulder that got hurt in Hungary while filming the action scenes. Hope everything is ok with BH.. really missing some news of him.. like.. how and where did he celebrate his birthday yesterday? :rolleyes:

July 13, 2009

Local film industry weathers recession

It seems the film industry has emerged as one of the few recession-proof industries while the economy struggles to regain its footing. The stats are out, showing that Korean films recorded their best ever performance, with a 4.7 percent increase in revenue from ticket sales compared to a year earlier.

An estimated 72 million Koreans went to the movies in the first six months of this year raking in about 477 billion won ($370 million) in revenue. Although attendance fell short of 2006's record-setting figure of 77.4 million, profits during the first half of this year saw a conservative increase from 473 billion won that year.

This was due to theater chains heavily implementing discounts through deals with credit card companies and holding special promotions which shaved the prices off tickets. According to a recent report released by the Korean Film Council, the market share for Korean films saw a 7.5 point jump from last year's 37.2 percent.

Light, broad-minded fare like the Cha Tae-hyun comedy "Speed Scandal" and "Secret Couple" scored big with audiences, while films dealing with topical subject matters, such as the homosexuality in "A Frozen Flower," also met with success. But the talk of the town this year has not been about "Oldboy" director Park Chan-wook's vampire yarn "Thirst" nor Bong Joon-ho's critically heralded thriller "Mother."

It was the unprecedented success of "Old Partner," a low-budget documentary about an old man and his dying ox, that the film industry was talking about. Its emergence shook the domestic film industry, causing them to take notice of the highly lucrative potential of the long-neglected "indie" market.

The film was produced with a paltry budget of 100 million won but raked in more than 19 billion won, becoming the most profitable Korean film in history. The film opened in just 20 theaters and through word of mouth, the film attracted a total figure of more than 2.9 million.

However, some industry insiders feel the film's sensational box office run won't do much in changing production trends within the filmmaking community. "Old Partner was an exceptional case and I don't think the film's success will push production companies to rush out there to finance low-budget independent films, but it definitely raised some eye-brows and put the spotlight on a side of the film industry that a lot of folks have disregarded," said KOFIC's Han Seung-hee.

The two highly publicized and hyped domestic films by the auteur duos of Park Chang-wook and Bong Joon-ho also took home modest box office loot with "Thirst" attracting a little more than 2 million and "Mother" bringing in just fewer than 3 million. Although the two films didn't make the splash they set out for, overseas distribution looks to become another source of revenue stream where avant-garde cinema has a bigger draw than in the domestic market.

Currently, the black comedy "Running Turtle" starring Kim Yoon-seok is looking more like it might have sturdy enough legs to become another sleeper hit. The film opened June 11 and has thus far collected 2 million in ticket sales. With these domestic films posting good numbers, have Korean films taken back their command of the industry from the Hollywood? Hardly.

Since the government reduced the screen quota regulation in 2006, Hollywood films have maintained their foothold in the Korean film market.

Although market share of American films decreased from 54.4 percent last year to 45.1 percent this year, there is still another half of the year left and Hollywood has more to unleash onto domestic movie screens. This is only the beginning, as the current market share for North American films is the result of two Hollywood blockbusters, "Terminator: Salvation" and "Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen." The fourth Terminator film recorded a mammoth 57.2 percent box-office share, while the Transformers sequel posted a staggering 78.9 percent.

"Revenge of the Fallen" attracted 3.45 million in just seven days after its opening on June 24. It currently stands to become the year's biggest box office draw, just as the first film was in 2007.

The Michael Mann-helmed John Dillinger crime saga "Public Enemies," starring Johnny Depp as the notorious American crime-wave era robber and Christian Bale as the FBI agent hot on his heels, will open in August. That same month will bring another set of Hasbro toys -- and the cartoon series -- to life in the Stephen Sommers-directed G.I. Joe.

The big-budget actioner will see Hallyu-star Lee Byung-hun make his Hollywood debut as a ninja assassin. Speaking of which, Korean continental superstar Rain will make his official debut in North America headlining the Wachowski Brothers' "Ninja Assassin," directed by James McTiegue.

Finally, Quentin Tarantino's long-anticipated World War II film "Inglourious Basterds," starring a near unrecognizable Brad Pit will open later this year.

Korean films going up against these heavyweights can only hope domestic movie-goers show them some love too. To be fair, the domestic line-up isn't looking too shabby either. A slew of promising films are ready to roll out this summer and beyond.

"The Five Sense of Eros," an omnibus film with an all-star cast directed by five of Korea's most promising directors, along with the comedy "National Team" starring Ha Jeong-woo about a rag-tag group of would-be ski-jumpers are the most notable as of now.

But the big budget disaster film "Haeundae," starring an ensemble cast including Seol Gyung-gu, Ha Ji-won, Park Joong-hoon and Eom Jeong-wha is the one to watch. Budgeted at a 1.6 billion won, it is the priciest domestically financed Korean film of all time.

For more serious fare, a film based on the true accounts of the No Gun Ri massacre during the Korean War is set to open later this year. Korean films outlining the country's tumultuous past have often translated into box office bounty in recent years.

With so many films from both sides grappling for the wallets of Korean movie-goers, it will surely be interesting to see who comes out the winner by the end of the year.

But for movie-goers, this year will truly be a good year at the movies.

By Song Woong-ki (kws@heraldm.com) via koreaherald.co.kr

Guest shinerelsie

Rubie ive recently searched the name of Byung Hun at the facebook, is it truly his? i've really wonder if that actaully his account..can i have some assurance?

Rubie ive recently searched the name of Byung Hun at the facebook, is it truly his? i've really wonder if that actaully his account..can i have some assurance?

Byunghun on Facebook? :huh: Honestly, I'm not sure.. this is the first time I'm hearing it.. and personally I'm not familiar with facebooks. :sweatingbullets: rubie is already too swamped to try facebook despite invitation from several friends.

Anyway.. I don't know whether it's true.. or it could be fans setting it up. He had a personal blog once in 2005 but it was stopped after a year. I might be wrong but I don't think it's Byunghun's.. because he's especially a private person and so far, career-wise and his activities are handled through his own agency and his official fan club.

Maybe someone can clarify the situation regarding the Facebook. Anyone?

Nice body but not the scar :rolleyes:

gijoe2009.jpg

source: naver

p.s - personally, i strongly believe the facebook account is not created by BH. This man does not even have time to have proper rest, you think he has time to play around facebook? I have just did a search at facebook and there are at least 6 accounts that has the name Lee Byung Hun, Byung Hun Lee ..... so?

Lee Byung-heon stills from GI Joe
July 14th, 2009 // by javabeans

I still think the GI Joe movie looks spectacularly cheesy, but you can’t deny that Lee Byung-heon is A Movie Star. 

Lee shows off his ripped (in more ways than one) body as the character Storm Shadow in this new still; the rest of the shots, alas, feature him fully clothed. Interest is gaining momentum as the release date nears and fans wonder if Lee can pull off what it seems Jeon Ji-hyun / Gianna Jun hasn’t quite managed with her Blood movie. Unlike Jeon, he’s not the lead character, but the GI Joe franchise just may have more sway with the mainstream public. (Who else grew up watching GI Joe cartoons and playing with GI Joe dolls action figures?)

th_gijoe_lbh01.jpg th_gijoe_lbh3.jpg th_gijoe_lbh5.jpg th_gijoe_lbh7.jpg 

th_gijoe_lbh12.jpg th_gijoe_lbh11.jpg th_gijoe_lbh13.jpg th_gijoe_lbh10.jpg

th_gijoe_lbh2.jpg th_gijoe_lbh4.jpg th_gijoe_lbh6.jpg th_gijoe_lbh9.jpg 

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra releases on August 6. A press conference will be held on July 29 at Seoul’s Shilla Hotel.

And look, Lee Byung-heon’s even got a Storm Shadow action figure!

So now you know. (And knowing is half the battle!)

Via IS Plus, credits to dramabeans.com

Guest shinerelsie

Byunghun on Facebook? :huh: Honestly, I'm not sure.. this is the first time I'm hearing it.. and personally I'm not familiar with facebooks. :sweatingbullets: rubie is already too swamped to try facebook despite invitation from several friends.

Anyway.. I don't know whether it's true.. or it could be fans setting it up. He had a personal blog once in 2005 but it was stopped after a year. I might be wrong but I don't think it's Byunghun's.. because he's especially a private person and so far, career-wise and his activities are handled through his own agency and his official fan club.

Maybe someone can clarify the situation regarding the Facebook. Anyone?

Thanks for that, i honestly not believe in it coz he is claiming to have a girl...duh..

It seems that a lot unmasked storm shadow poster coming in...am really excited to see this movie and of course the most awaited IRIS..wow..am sure Byung-hun ssi is really busy nowadays...

How the celebration goes...i hope i can see some pics in the days some...