[drama 2004] More Beautiful Than A Flower 꽃보다 아름다워

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest Janie Simply

Just looking at ep 5 and it seems that MS has already fallen for IC on that trip. By the return trip with him falling asleep with his head on her shoulder and her letting him stay there and smiling and even making sure her was covered with the blanket I think she is already gone far down that path. but then not haveing eng subs I don't know how she felt seeing IC inter with his wife and boyfriend at the restaurant. Wow what a coincidencce.

Hehe..., that was pretty obvious... MS was disgusted that IC ruined other people's date & dinner while he himself is trying to enjoy the meal, that is why she walked out on him;

IC chased after her & wondered what's going on & MS blurted out loudly that she couldn't figure out either why she is SO angry & that she will figure it out later etc-- perhaps she was jealous seeing the wife, perhaps she is mad that she fell for a married man... whatever it is, she has to figure it out at the sauna with her sis... ;)

Just looking at ep 5 and it seems that MS has already fallen for IC on that trip. By the return trip with him falling asleep with his head on her shoulder and her letting him stay there and smiling and even making sure her was covered with the blanket I think she is already gone far down that path.

That's a sweet moment, isn't it? The caption would read "My Love by My Side"

cap350.jpg

Anyway, they sure have a fun weekend & she has definitely brought sunshine into his life B)

cap302.jpg

05_0117_25.jpg

0117_35.jpg

cap294-1.jpg

cap288.jpg

cap293.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Janie Simply

Country get-away ...

In the house they were talking about previous relationship and he is excited to find out that she has first love before. She was madly in love for 4 years in NY but when she came back to Seoul her feeling for her ex changed. IC retorted that even though one knows that the feeling might change one day, why bother to love again...

cap160.jpg

MS: But isn't it foolish not to love?

You are a fool...

but I still love you.

cap170.jpg

~~~

IC felt a bit awkard by the love speech... said he needs to get some fresh air... guess the mam needs some quiet time to figure out love

cap180.jpg

~~~

A new dawn has come...

cap182.jpg

IC: I've been with a lot of women but i'm not good at loving.

MS: I know.

IC: You know?

MS nodded her head...

MS: Let's love now even if our feelings do change later... perhaps it'll be different this time.

cap191.jpgcap194.jpg

IC: This is the only way I know how to say thank you. I'll try even if it takes me a while, don't leave me.

cap197.jpgcap198.jpg

She is bold in love and he is afraid to love but he is willing to try..., sweet!

Guest Janie Simply

IC Mom came over to look for him as she couldn't find him at home nor in the office, when she saw MS was there, she was elated.

cap208.jpgcap205.jpg

Mom and son exchange grinning.

cap211.jpgcap222.jpg

Mom's monologue: What did I tell you? Nothing is impossible. I told you you'll find a way once you broke up with Hee-Young. Love all you want. Youth is but just a moment!

Earlier in the car with mom, their conversation went like this...

IC:I'm not kidding I really envy you... you can fall in love with anybody. Why can't I do that?

MOM:You can do it if you try

IC: How?

Mom: You just try hard.

IC:Wonderful then. You're really something else.

MOM:Met someone who loves you, chasing after someone who doesn't is juust a waste of time.

IC: I'm not sure. I really don't know anything.

Mom: You only live once. Just live it up. Stay with someone if she make you feel good ;)

Mom is happy because she has proved her point...tell a man he is brave, and you help him to become so!

cap219.jpg

Guest aaadramavr

Hehe..., that was pretty obvious... MS was disgusted that IC ruined other people's date & dinner while he himself is trying to enjoy the meal, that is why she walked out on him;

IC chased after her & wondered what's going on & MS blurted out loudly that she couldn't figure out either why she is SO angry & that she will figure it out later etc-- perhaps she was jealous seeing the wife, perhaps she is mad that she fell for a married man... whatever it is, she has to figure it out at the sauna with her sis... ;)

I agree that she probably hasn't realized her feelings yet but she sure acted mad that he left their table and went over to his wife's and broke that up. I actually don't know how he could have sat through hearing her laughing loudly as if wife knew he was there and was taunting him. What man or woman would have been able to stand that if still married to the person.

Anyway, they sure have a fun weekend & she has definitely brought sunshine into his life B)

Yes they sure did have a fun time. Great pictures. I really like the one of them walking on the beach. I wonder whether IC was already having feelings for MS because he tried to put his arm around her at the pool. And besides that if he only wanted friendship and someone to talk to he was definitely sending mixed signals from the start. I as he said he has had a lot of women was he a playboy in the past. just wondering.

This one was touching as well when she teared up when he kissed her. It was an expression of deep feeling.

Guest Janie Simply

aaadramavr, watching the drama without the sub sure has its advantage, you can be more observant with their every move as in action speaks louder than words :)

I think in his head, she is only his chingu as he is desperate for a chingu. But then you observed that his action speaks otherwise :)

He sure likes Thailand 'cos that's the place where he proposed to his wife at the beautiful sunset; this picture is when he is reliving the memory of that romantic incident; poor chingu MS watching from behind :tears:

0107_22b.jpg

She looks so good in this outfit... this is when she tried to call him up but he said he is going to meet his wife...

cap297.jpg

~~~

Remember she kept saying that she doesn't want to be his chingu... this is what she told her sis in the sauna after she stormed out of the upsetting scenario at the restaurant...

MS: I met a new friend recently... but everything he is doing is bothering... I don't know how to say it

cap237.jpg

Sis: Be honest, is it a friend or a boyfriend?

MS: A chingu. Don't worry about him he's a married man who loves his wife very much.

Bossy sis was lecturing away about how disappointed she was over MS involving with a married etc...

Sis: ... Put your hand over your heart and answer me truthfully... (didn't know MS's heart is on the right side :sweatingbullets: )

cap245.jpg

Guest Janie Simply

Oh another sweet memory I savor is the snow scene...

cap078.jpg

She called him in the middle of the night to get up and watch the snow (since they haven't chatted for a while, this is after she conveyed her love for him at her house and he was retreating 'cos he was afraid to love) meanwhile he was having this nightmare of his friend's death so it's good she interrupted his sleep ;)

cap069.jpg

cap076-1.jpg

I think he appreciate the call and the snow very much and thanked her the next day :)

I like her boldness and initiation in this part. Aja aja fighting to their friendship!

cap087-2.jpg

cap091-2.jpg

Guest Janie Simply

Nothing beats outdoor... that is why this childhood invitation "Can you come out and play" still applies :) I think this funky ahjussi really has some pyschology training about this outdoor thingy...

cap315.jpg

cap316.jpg

This scene is very moving, after MS mom told ahjussi her pain, he brought her to the mountain-top so she could yell her lungs out...

cap307.jpg

cap309.jpg

Guest Janie Simply

Even though MS doesn't live with her family, her quality time with each of them is such a special treat.

Dad said if you don't want lunch come watch me eat

cap327.jpg

Enjoying a date with mom at the music store

cap321.jpg

Comforting her sis in time of sadness. here kicking pillows to cast men out of their lives

cap323.jpg

MS is brother's bank machine ;)

cap300.jpg

Of all the visits, I enjoy her visiting their home the best, they always have fun there.

Guest Janie Simply

Normally I couldn't stand the brother's type of character in a drama but so far I find him to be very entertaining and lovable. There is no much exaggeration or fakeness to it; so gald to read from the first page that he won the best new actor award in 2004 and mommy won the best actress award. cheer to mom and son :)

cap295.jpg

His friendship with the girls and club friends are admirable

cap339.jpg

cap340.jpg

Poor elder sis who is the sole breadwinner for the family and looks who're coming for dinner... hehee not only the half brother but the two friends as well

cap332.jpg

At first, I felt so sorry for this half brother...being bullied by his half-siblings; Poor boy, I think he even told daddy he is scared to go to their house :lol:

cap247.jpg

but when I saw this clip I pity him no more 'cos I know he will be loved and accepted by his cruel cool brother :sweatingbullets:

cap099.jpg

Guest Janie Simply

So far the most touching part for me of them two is at the country side where she waited along the highway watching him cruising up and down the highway from dawn to dusk. What a chingu indeed! This guy needs the space, the break, the thrill, the freedom... that makes him feel strong again and has control over life!

cap035.jpg

cap040-1.jpg

cap052-2.jpg

I think MS is perfect for IC; Looking forward to the further development in their relationship, hoping is not a roller coaster ride. Aish, Min Soo is such a sensitive and gentle person, whenever she cries, I cry with her.

Guest aaadramavr

@janie-hunnie thank you for your posts and pics. all are very good and adds to my understanding and enjoyment as I struggle along :D And, I agree that might be some advantage to watching with out having to read at the same time but...many of the scenes have intense dialogue and it is very hard to figure out the basics not to mention the nuances.

Liked that you described exactly what the sisters were talking about at the sauna. without knowing words like chingu and namja(man?) and saranghae i would be totally without a clue. :) I do recognize the word for divorce but cant spell it. It seems to be used quite a bit in this drama, understandably. Besides, luckily for me I had seen some of the episodes on TV when they were aired a few years ago with english subs. (And I continue to hope for subs becaues this continues to be one of my all time favorites with or without subs.)

The father of the family is just too much. How can he expect to have any say in who the mother sees? (that is if I understand this correctly) And, did't he ask MiSoo for money to pay for his new wife's stay at the hospital? And send his new kid over ther as if they were obligated to care for him,why not bring him to his own sister's place? This new man/older brother seems to be genuinely fond of MiSoo's mom.

I like that actress who plays the Janie ( the chingu that likes JaSoo not the one he likes). I have seen her in a couple of other shows like 18 vs 28 and always appreciated her performance.

Guest Janie Simply

On Mom being a woman...

At the music store where MS and mom were having a date, mom asked MS to buy her music to listen

Mom: I enjoy listening to music... sometimes I want to enjoy beautiful music and flowers in a candlelit room

MS: And it would be even better if it were snowing and raining right?

Mom: Yes

MS: You're a woman too!

Mom: Of course I am

~~~

On another occasion IC had a bit of conflict with his mom as the latter said she would like to break-up with her recent hubby and IC is so mad etc

Later he called up MS to come and comfort him etc

In his apartment, precisely in his blue tone bed room. IC was sharing about mom's family history and the struggles she had to endure etc and he was upset that mom falls for men so easily

IC: But I don't understand why mom wants to seek answers in men. why?

MS: I think it's because you think of her only as a mom...A mom is a woman too, a human :)

She then shared that she learned in middle school how a baby is made and she couldn't picture her mom and dad "did" it etc. When she asked her sis then, this is what sis said... "You're finally being a woman... We'll know we've really grown up when we can accept our mom as a woman."

MS to IC: We also want to hold someone when we get lonely... I'm sure it's the same for your mom.

IC:Thank you for saying that

MS: You're feeling better, aren't you?

IC: No

MS: Not yet?

IC:If I say I feel better, you're going to leave... You want to sleep over

MS:I would if my sis weren't home. But I can't.

IC: Do you trust me enough to sleepwith me if I asked?

MS: Yes...

... and then they kissed :sweatingbullets:

He then sent her home and in the car outside her apartment...

MS:... Will you tell me you love me?

IC hesitated & responded: I want to save it... Let's stay together for a long time...

MS: Of course, we should

IC: Thank you

~~~

This new man/older brother seems to be genuinely fond of MiSoo's mom.

Yes, ahjussi is very fond of MS's mom & vice versa; but mom could only treat him as big brother and closed friend at this moment. Apparently long time ago, ahjussi showed interest in mom but hubby then as bf kicked him out of the town sth like that. Haha, daddy is really aggressive ;) Ahjussi is now a widower and mom urged him to remarry so that his wife in heaven does not have to worry about him. But he told MS's mom that he is still waiting for her (MS's mom that is); He sure knows how to tease and treat her romantically, unlike the father who is so verbally and emotionally abusive towards mom :angry: Hmm... ever wonder what causes that... :rolleyes: Shh... here's what I gathered from the grapevine...

Woo... Being a woman, Mom has secrets too :sweatingbullets: Apparently mom is very fond of ahjussi for a long time already. During the showing respect to the elderly ceremony, dad brought his lover and son to the house and he saw a letter from ahjussi and he was fuming. Later, in the room he confronted mom and said "Am I the only one who has extramarital affairs just because I am "physical" with other woman? You thought I didn't know you've already given your heart to him? Go and asked people on the street if this is not an affair also? You are like a log and you didn't treat me nice in and out of bed that is why I went for other woman. If you treat me nice, I won't have done that etc etc...

Even grandma knew that mom has "committed adultery" to ahjussi in her heart all along :ph34r:;She teased & called her a wicked sth and said that at least the husband is more honest than her... :phew:

0109_14A.jpg0209_19a.jpg

I think this mother is so sneaky :tongue2: even the son called her a LIAR :fury:

Son refused for mom to go out with ahjussi 'cos he remembered when he was young ahjussi came over to the house and asked mom to run away with him... mom told son that it's not true etc and that is why he called her a liar. At home, mom told elder sis what brother said and sis said it's true 'cos all 4 siblings had witnessed the incident; all didn't want mom to leave except the elder sis 'cos she saw mom was so unhappy with the marriage etc Aigoo, mom said it never happen & is in total denial :sweatingbullets:

Dad still feels he is being unjustified 'cos he said he is being honest and it makes him looks bad whereas mom pretending to be innocent and received so much sympathy. Mom retorted he is hanging around younger woman why couldn't she hanging out with an old chingu just for coffee? She still insist dad is the bad guy; He even threatened to divorce mom if she doesn't get her act together something like that :sweatingbullets:

Guest Janie Simply

Oh, here's another sweet conversation of him and her as they started to feel comfortable with each other... that's after the great dinner when they first bump into his mom at the restaurant... then later while browsing at the bookstore separately, he picked up a book for her and let it at the counter etc..., one evening he rang her up...

He:Hi Chingu

She:Where are you?

He: Just got off a meeting...

She:Have you eaten dinner yet?

Long pause...

She: Why aren't you saying anything? Jang In Chul, have you eaten yet?

touched and choked...

He:I'm touched now... would you believe that no one EVER asked me that?

She: If it's so touching, I'll ask you EVERY DAY... (Wow. how sweet)

another long pause...

He: Mi Soo, you have any plan tomoroow... then can you come out now....

hehee..., guess where they'll be heading to after the conversation :rolleyes:

~~~

Not sure it's just me, KMM with his golden highlighted hair somehow makes him looks like Ryu Jin from Oh Pil-seung. Him playing the squash and agonising there also reminds me of Ryu Jin playing ice-hockey in the arena dealing with issue. If I am not wrong, I think in real life, they are super good friends.

Guest piano_lady

janie...so you've been busy with MBTAF!

Ah, I hve to finish downloading this so that I could watch this even without the subs....

Thanks for the inputs! :)

Guest aaadramavr

thank you thank you janie-hunnie! I had just watched that episode and was going to ask for translation of the conversation (No translation of the kiss necessary :) :blush: :) ) and here it is. I thought that scene in the car when he took her had was so sweet and thought that MiSoo wanted to flower for him at that moment and he looked so shy and a little bashful and hopeful at that that, with that little smile of his. I liked the kissing scene because it was gentle and loving yet passionate at the same time. This reminded me of two songs by Sade "This is No Ordinary Love" and "The Sweetest Taboo"

It kind of caught me by surprise as this was one of the ep I missed when I first saw this drama and also it was a kind of unusual type of scene for many Korean dramas I have seen--a young man and woman not married in that setting and conversation.

I wonder why he was so formal when the said thank you to MS after she said yes to him about staying together for a long time?

And yes, to your question about what happened previously, of course that is when he took to that vacation place where they first met. but thanks for the translation because i did wonder what led to that because I could see him make that decision when he asked MiSooah?....

by the way is does "chaa" or some word that sounds like that mean "sleep"?

again thanks so much for the translations. Please continue when you can.

Guest Janie Simply

janie...so you've been busy with MBTAF!

Ah, I hve to finish downloading this so that I could watch this even without the subs....

:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Anyohaseyo chingu, it's worth watching this drama without sub esp on the electrifying interaction between him & her :D

Here's one for you... with sub :)

She was disappointed that he didn't show up for the investor meeting which he promised he would (poor guy 'cos at that time he was beaten up to pieces by his friend at the restaurant)

During the evening as she got off work, he vroomed his shinny & sporty bike beside her car outside the office building...

He:I brought the signed contract... Follow me and I'll give you the contract

0129_01b.jpg

(She follows him and they reached in front of a building -- I think her heart was stirred by him a bit since their first encounter in Thailand; Now in the car driving while following his motorbike, voice over of MS wondering... Mom, what kind of man is this Jang In Chul exactly...)

Outside his apartment...

She: Where are we?

He: My place

She felt disgusted... & walked towards her car

He: Where are you going?

She: Do you always conduct business this way?

He: Are you scare I might do sth to you?

She: Why do you treat me this way? You wanted to work, why did you bring me to your place? I came here to work, not to borrow money from you.

He: I never said you were here to borrow money from me.

She: Why did you want to bring me to your house to give me the contract?

He: Would you want to go to a coffee shop with a black eye? Further, the contract is at home. I forgot it there.

She: Then bring it out!

He: You need me more than I need you :sweatingbullets: Do whatever you want if you want to lose this contract. Come in if you want to or go if you want. I won't stop you.

(She left and after pondering in the car for a while decided to go knock on his door... )

He: Come in

She: Give me the contract.

He: Come in... I was going to invest in another co. if you didn't come in.

She: Give me the contract...We have an investors' meeting at 3'oclock tomorrow. Be there!

He: Let's be friend... I have had my share of women... I need a friend.

She: Why? Don't you have any friend?

He: All my freinds in Seoul all want to beat me up... that's why I'm bored... I need a friend.

She: But I'm sorry. I don't want to be your friend. The way you behave... no wonder you have no friends.

(She left)

He: She's tough... It hurts!

Next day, he left a message in her voice mail..."Hey chingu, that was a good shot last night! It was fun arguing with you... I'll see you at the meeting today"

by the way is does "chaa" or some word that sounds like that mean "sleep"?

My chingu said "chaa" may mean 'sleep' or 'car' or 'tea' .....

I guess you heard the word from the bedroom so it must be sleep then ;)

Guest Zombie

MS: Let's love now even if our feelings do change later... perhaps it'll be different this time.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/jc_rain/cap191.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/jc_rain/cap194.jpg

IC: This is the only way I know how to say thank you. I'll try even if it takes me a while, don't leave me.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/jc_rain/cap197.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/jc_rain/cap198.jpg

She is bold in love and he is afraid to love but he is willing to try..., sweet!

Yes, MS is indeed very bold with love .

This is one of my fav scene in this drama, MS so lovingly hugging IC in a convincing manner, don't look fake acting to me.

I actually find HGE acting better than KMM in this drama, as I feel her falling in love deeply but not so with KMM acting.

He seem to be holding back with those many emotional love scenes. :lol:

I empathised with the Mom for not marrying the man who loved her, and as for the Dad... it is hard not to

empathise him too, for he found true love in the younger mistress and not his wife.

The love he showered to the mistress and son too show the human caring gentle side of him.

I certainly find the elder sister and brother very annoying with their abusive attitude towards the young step brother who is the most innocent victim caught in between family brawl and dire situation.

Jannie honey, you are doing a marvelous job in providing the spot translation. Clap Clap

Guest Janie Simply

I actually find HGE acting better than KMM in this drama, as I feel her falling in love deeply but not so with KMM acting.

He seem to be holding back with those many emotional love scenes. :lol:

Aish... if only they have given our couple more air time, they would make it 5 best couples in the KBS 2004 award night :rolleyes:

It's funny to see so many couples going up receiving the best awards, couldn't they decide who's the Besttest among the best :wacko:

I wonder why this drama was not mentioned in his recent documentary... I thought he did well here :sweatingbullets:

~~~

aaadramavr, where're you? Pose your wondering questions so we can interact; I lost track of which episode I last watched ;)

Guest Zombie

Aish... if only they have given our couple more air time, they would make it 5 best couples in the KBS 2004 award night :rolleyes:

It's funny to see so many couples going up receiving the best awards, couldn't they decide who's the Besttest among the best :wacko:

I wonder why this drama was not mentioned in his recent documentary... I thought he did well here :sweatingbullets:

Nay, I doubt KMM & HGE stands a chance, as the 4 best couples are all leads of their love story dramas.

I still feel KMM do hold back in love scenes alot, not just this drama, maybe because he is already a married man.

Archived