[drama 2004] More Beautiful Than A Flower 꽃보다 아름다워

Guest kdramafanusa

i dun think there is any link for dl . even the kbs site no longer has the VOD i think .but i did see some chinese site upload some links recently aka bitorrent links . i see if i rem where it is .

*hug* happy new year .!

yes , i suspect the ending if it go beyond ,it will be a reunion for them . but still i think my heart was so torn at the end . .i can understand the decision make but it just hurt to see them be separated

this drama is amazing

i used to remember how much i hated the father at the beginning , he make my blood boiled everytime when he came demanding .! i really curse and swear at the man . the way he treated his wife .who was so loyal .i cant believe there is a person who will asked for so much so shamelessly !

.and slowly towards the end , i think his actions were still unforgivable but somehow .....it was a choice he make which cruelly hurt other people especially his wife and children . but seeing him with that young woman and son , something just give way . it was just too tiring to keep on hating him .

Shirley!!! its been forever! happy new year!

Actually the father, ahh, you know despite how despicable his actions were, i somehow justified his behavior and i couldnt help but syjmphatize with him as well. As we grow older, we tend to stick with the status quo but this man took a chance and went full throttle for his happiness and he found it with a younger woman.

I thought that this was always the beauty of the writer and the way she writes, you cant help but emphatize with the supposed baddie, he was so flawed yet redeemable.

As for Mi Soo and In Chul- in the end, her monologue, she said that if she couldnt bear it any longer she would go to him. At the end, i think he was forgiven by her family and she long ago forgived him. This is why i say that she would go to him in time.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shirley!!! its been forever! happy new year!

Actually the father, ahh, you know despite how despicable his actions were, i somehow justified his behavior and i couldnt help but syjmphatize with him as well. As we grow older, we tend to stick with the status quo but this man took a chance and went full throttle for his happiness and he found it with a younger woman.

I thought that this was always the beauty of the writer and the way she writes, you cant help but emphatize with the supposed baddie, he was so flawed yet redeemable.

As for Mi Soo and In Chul- in the end, her monologue, she said that if she couldnt bear it any longer she would go to him. At the end, i think he was forgiven by her family and she long ago forgived him. This is why i say that she would go to him in time.

yup! it been forever , lol what have you been watching .~

i watched it once again with my mother before and i asked her so will you be able to forgive this kind of husband . i meant like daring to come back and ask you if you are willing to donate your organ and isnt it more foolish of the wife to even consider it ! i think my mother acccept this as in life things like this can happen lol she seem more calm than me about what was happening .in the drama

emphatize with him because of his flaws indeed , i think the writer also bring across the thoughts that life is full of hurts as well , happiness at the expense of others but we overcome this with time .and came to terms with it somehow ..we cant go on always holding on to the pains and hurt , suffocating ourselves and our own life with it .

ya. the monolouge , is what give me hope ^ Mi Soo already forgiven him .and i think In chul also accept ed that he can be forgiven .it is just a matter of time for them to be together .

talking about this drama bring back alot of memories .! i remembered the scenes when yong ja will be sitting at the swing with old granny and my eyes wouldl teared up . and i missed Kim Mi-Ok (Bae Jong-Ok) , her fiery spirit ~ she was such a joy to watch ...and her with mr park !lol he such a sweetie ., always reliable and with a back always ready for her to lean on . the big teddy bear ^

i been thinking that they dun write these kind of drama anymore especially for family dramas , not a lot of great choices recently .

i prefer such dramas with heart ..rather then one with mega production scale but without soul !^

Writer Noh still has magic in her pen , i like the World Within ,epecially PD Son in it ~LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

i didnt know there was a thread ^ thanks

I think the old soompi did have one but it crashed together with it .^

:) I finally got the english subbed DVD set. The first set I got a long time ago was dubbed, I didn't know when I ordered it from Taiwan.

i got the OST when i was in seoul ...i thought it went out of print but immediately grab it when i saw a copy . i love the opening theme .it get me so emotional .whenever i watched it

actually i was trying to look online for that conversation between In chul and mi soo , about the things they want to do together ^ maybe i will end up getting it from the copy i have .

Oh Shirley, the OST is out of print as well; I can't find it anywhere.

We can post some dialogues when we watch it. :)

This is no longer available at yesasia.

The DVD set is out of print, some online stores might have limited sets left. I bought mine from KBFD store in Hawaii:

http://www.kbfd.com/eng/purchase_drama.html

It's also listed at KBS America store, HanBooks, and Sensasian.com (pricey); I'm not sure if they have them in stock though.

KBS America: http://www.kbs-america.com/minihome/index.php?dvd_code=42

Hanbooks: http://www.hanbooks.com/mobethflr11d.html

Sensasian: http://sensasian.com/product.php/en/V9027K-D

- also sell the VCD set from Media May (i'm not familiar with this distributor)

http://sensasian.com/product.php/en/V9027/...ul_Than_Flower/

MU links (raws):

Thanks Hjkomo. :)

Yes, it has 30 episodes.

i been thinking that they dun write these kind of drama anymore especially for family dramas , not a lot of great choices recently .

i prefer such dramas with heart ..rather then one with mega production scale but without soul !^

Writer Noh still has magic in her pen , i like the World Within ,epecially PD Son in it ~LOL

Agree with you. :)

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for another drama from her.

Guest kdramafanusa

Actress Go Doo-Shim will be in the awesome Jang Jin's new movie 'Good Morning, President' (Jang Dong-Gun's 1st Korean movie in 4 years). :)

Source: http://soompi.com/jang_dong_gun_leads_movi...98%ED%8A%B8quot

Jang Dong Gun leads the movie “Good Morning, President (굿모닝 프레지던트)”

by: CindyW88

on: February 22, 2009 5:33pm

2/22/09-- Jang Dong Gun is confirmed to lead the movie “Good Morning, President (굿모닝 프레지던트)”.

2009022308464011261.jpg

Movie actor Jang Dong Gun, who hasn’t had domestic activity since his last movie “Typhoon” of 2005, attracts people’s attentions by his decision on his next-term project.

JDG will transform to a charismatic President in his next-term new movie “Good Morning, President (굿모닝 프레지던트)” directed by Jang Jin (장진). He plays the role Cha Ji Wook (차지욱) who is handsome, warm, and sensitive.

His domestic fans welcome this news of JDG’s comeback to big screen since his previous movie project “Typhoon” debuted 4 years ago. During this period of time, he filmed Hollywood movie “Laundry Warrior (런드리 워리어)”.

In addition to the young and capable President Cha Ji Wook, there are 2 other Presidents. One of them is played by senior actor Lee Soon Jae (이순재) who becomes President again after his first term of President was over. The other one is the first female President, played by senior actress Go Doo Shim (고두심), in the history Korea.

Actress Han Chae Young (한채영) plays the lover of Cha Ji Wook. The filming is scheduled to start in April.

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...902230846401126

http://news.joins.com/article/3503655.html?ctg=15

Source: http://kpculture.wordpress.com/2009/02/23/...-star-ensemble/

Good Morning, President - Jang Dong Gun & Other Big Names

2009 February 23

by KP

An all-star cast has been announced for upcoming movie Good Morning, President (굿모닝 프레지던트).

goodmorningpresidentcas.jpg

Good Morning, President - expected cast

Jang Dong Gun made headlines yesterday when Good Morning, President was confirmed as his first movie since Typhoon (2005). However, expectations are now raised further with news that Lee Soon Jae (Beethoven Virus, Mom’s Dead Upset), Ko Doo Sim (commonly spelled Go Doo Shim; Chunja’s Happy Events), and Han Chae Young (Boys Over Flowers) will join the cast. (Contracts have yet to be signed with Lee, Ko, and Han; however, they are almost done with negotiations.)

The omnibus film will be about three (fictional) South Korean presidents. Lee Soon Jae will be featured first as an elderly president who wins the lottery near the end of his presidential term. Due to his position, he struggles to decide whether or not he should claim the prize. Jang will play the following president, Cha Ji Wook, who is young, handsome, and ambitious. His charisma can be compared to newly-elected U.S. President Barack Obama’s. Han Chae Young’s character is the outgoing president’s daughter, who is dating Cha Ji Wook. Ko Doo Sim will be the third president in the film - the first female president of Korea.

Jang Dong Gun agreed to the part after reading director-writer Jang Jin’s script. (Jang is a multi-talented writer, director, and producer. Jang Jin wrote the script for Public Enemy Returns, and was the producer and writer for Going by the Book.) This project must have been in the works for a while, as Jang Dong Gun had been considering this role since late 2007. Filming for Good Morning, President is scheduled to begin in April.

• 1 month later...
Guest Janie Simply

Thanks KD for starting this thread... I was hunting for it since last year :blush:

Great sharings by the rest..., got misty eyes just reading the comments, thanks!

I really like the last sentence that X wrote...

"Because even when people might seem as hateful as possible, there might be a flower ready to blossom inside them."

Guest aaadramavr

Isn't it wonderful that even though this drama aired in 2005 or 06 that so many people remember it so vividly as if it just finished yesterday. I agree with what every one said. This was the second KDrama I watched with eng subs and it was the one that hooked me. Wow so many scenes come to mind even though I did not have the pleasure of watching from the beginning. The scene where InChul is with his mother and he is waiting for MiSoo to come over. This is after she found out about her brother and even though she said she would come he knew she would not but he kept waiting for her any way. He told his mother that he must really love Misoo because he could not stop waiting and expecting her to come. Then his mother told him that if it was too hard it was alright to keep on waiting as long as he wanted to. So touching. And before that at the summer house when they were walking back from the store and MiSoo stopped to look at some flowers but did not pick them because they were living and the way InChul looked at her with so much love and sadness and how he just wanted to take her and run away so that he would not have to give her up even though he knew she would not just go away with him.

I too was very intrigued by KMM in this drama. Very memorable face and smile and voice that I could recognize him under the beard in IYSS without knowing his name. Ah, what a performance in both of these.

I know it is too much to ask but if ever any one knows of any english subs for MBTAF please please post.

Guest Janie Simply

Oh my G! I love Han GoEun to death!
:D

I am drawn by her simplicity and beauty; she looks so clean and genuine and so pleasant to look at :)

0106_27A.jpg

I love her chemistry with KMM in this drama... since I am currently watching the drama, here's some memorable quotes I like to share...

From epi 7 to 9

Mi Soo:Can't you give her a divorce? It's what she wants.

Jang in-chul: I'm grateful for your concern but I'll take care of my affairs.

MS: Jang In-chul, don't play a fool. You know I like you. If you didn't know, you do now. I like you.

Can't I love you instead of Hee Young?

IC: Kim Mi-soo, I'm not as cool as you. I can't see you anymore if you do this to me. I told you I am sick of women.

MS: Can you be more exact? You don't like women or don't like me?

~~~

Voice-over of IC mom...

A man and a woman can't be friends. For what I saw, you like her too. Think about it. Is she just a friend to you?~~~

~~~

Text message of MS to IC later (after she revealed her big crush on him)...

Are you confused now? Fine... I can wait about a month for you.

cap067.jpg

~~~

MS at the entrance of IC apartment...

MS: I thought I was a real patient person. I thought I could wait a month but I couldn't wait any longer...

Do you want me to leave?

IC with teary eyes: Min Soo-ah, will you hold me? (very vulnerable and sweet moment there :sweatingbullets:)

cap093-2.jpg

cap096.jpg

~~~

At IC apartment...

IC: I think I have to give her a divorce. I guess I have to since it's what she wants...

Min Soo-ah, let's go to the country this weekend. I want to ride my motorcycle, but there's no place to ride in Seoul. You'll come with me, won't you?

MS: You know I like you. I can't say no to you.

Love the country outing total package..., will share more later :)

Guest aaadramavr

@hjkomo thanks a lot for the raw MU links. I am enjoying the MiSoo and InChul scenes even without eng subs. but I remain hopeful of getting them some how. Loved the scene where he pulled hor into the pool. Was a little shocked about his behavior though because it was unexpected. I totally did not expect him to kiss her underwater but of course did not understand what they were talking about in the boat or at the pool side. MiSoo was shocked too! :blush:

Guest Janie Simply

aaadramavr, let me share roughly what the conversation at the pool/boat was about... but first here's a pic for you B)

0129_08b.jpg

In the boat...

MS asked if IC always travels alone & he said he has no one or friend to travel with...

Then he wondered why she showed up in front of him again..., wasn't she storming out of the room last night as if never to return...

She said oh her work is more important than her feelings. IC replied to him... feeling is more important than work!

Wasn't too impressed with his response MS commented... "You sound like a spoiled brat; a man who grew up in a rich family doesn't know how hard it is to make a living"

(The reason she responded that way is because earlier her boss threatened her on the phone that if she couldn't get the business deal with IC then she might get fired 'cos there were many new capable people out there who could easily take over her position in the company sth like that) ;)

I really like IC response here, even though I watched the epi a few days ago, the conversation still linger strongly on my mind... that is when one can really feel his pain & loneliness...

IC looked straight at MS & retaliated : You're kicking me where it hurts!

My parents told me that countless times when I was growing up... you're good-for-nothing bum... what have you ever accomplished?

That's right. I don't know anything. Are you happy now?

Geeze... everyone thinks only they know everything.

What a joke!

0107_10b.jpg

I think MS was really taken aback by his reaction there & maybe that's how she might draw closed to him later...0107_11b.jpg

~~~

By the pool...

0106_36A.jpg

MS sure is happy that IC approved of the business proposal; she teased & asked that if the condition would be "Do I have to sleep with you" since he is well known for that.

But then IC responded don't be a fool as work is work for him.

MS said she didn't know what the term would be but is sure happy with the paperwork at hand.

He responded sth like you're a complex creature & then he dived into the water..., then she murmured she has to leave for the airport in a couple of hour... I gasped... when his naughty hand grabbed her legs into the pool.. :sweatingbullets:

Guest aaadramavr

@janie-hunnie ooooh thanks a lot for the pics and sharing the conversation. Now I know kind of how he came to pull her into the pool and why MiSoo looked kind of dazed rather than angry. And now I have an idea of what had happened in the hotel room the first time they met. I will probably watch it again for better effect now that I know what they were saying. I certainly appreciate your summaries and translation. Good Pics too!

Guest Janie Simply

aaadramavr, you welcome :)

~~~

Memorable conversations...

Mom to IC: I know you are hurting inside.

~~

IC to mom: You never regreted anything living the way you did? (mom has been changing partners one after another ;))

cap103.jpg

Mom: Except for hurting you, I never regreted anything...

Aww... how sweet of mom to say that, IC must be touched at mom's honest confession... he glanced at her and clasped her hand.

cap108.jpg

~~

The farewell conversation of IC & his wife, wife is in a rush as has to catch a plane and they are talking about divorce paper etc...

Wife:You should meet someone; it's hard being alone.

cap118.jpg

IC: I will. There is someone who says she likes me. she is pretty and kind. She is a great person. She's too good for me.

cap117.jpg

~~~

IC: Hee Young, don't break up with the man you're seeing, stay with him for a long time, a very long time.

Others may think seeing a lot of people is glamorous, but WE KNOW BETTER, we know how meaningless it is.

Wife: Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind.

And forget your dead friend. You can't bring him back to life by living in guilt.

IC: I can't help it.

Wife: That's what I hated the most about you. You beat yourself up. You still can't sleep these days, can you?

Forget all the harsh words I said to you.

Stay healthy.

IC: You too.

Voice over of IC as he watched heartbrokenly his wife leaving him... "You taught me that I couldn't control everything in life..."

cap147.jpg

Guest Zombie

Oh, janie-hunnie, you are really our honey here. :lol:

Really appreciate yr spot translation to the key conversation... my elementary chinese knowledge did left out some meaning in their conversation.

More to come, right? :P

I actually only watch the part where KMM , HGE & GDS appeared and fast forward whenever BJO on screen.

Guest Janie Simply

I actually only watch the part where KMM , HGE & GDS appeared and fast forward whenever BJO on screen.

Zombie-barbie, since you know chinese, here's for you B)

65281_l.jpg65301_l.jpg

65302_l.jpg65303_l.jpg

65304_l.jpg... woo, the man is intrigued by this kind of woman... not the hangover type

appleswl@baidu

~~~

BJO is awesome; She commands my attention in Goodbye Solo :)

yes... more to come ;)

Guest aaadramavr

I wonder what MS and IC were talking about in the car after the meeting in restaurant (It was funny IC seemed so glad to see that MS came so he could get out talking with his mother or so it seemed.) I think it was in ep 3.

Guest Janie Simply

In the car...

IC was complaining about the pain on his face and MS wondered what causes it & said if he is not comfortable sharing it he doesn't have to.

IC: I committed a grave sin once, so I paid it off by allowing myself to get beaten up.

MS:What kind of debt can you pay off with your body?

IC changed the subject and commented...

"It's nice to dine with a friend for a change instead of eating alone.

I don't have any friend or sibling and as you can see I don't get along with my mom.

I'm dying to talk to someone. I really want to talk to someone.

Let's be chingu... I beg you.

MS said he could talk to his wife but he said his wife is too busy for him as she is having fun with her bf somewhere else etc

IC: I love her to death but she hates me to death. Interesting, isn't it?

(Earlier at the restaurant when he introduced MS to her mom as chingu, mom responded sarcastically "A jerk like you have a friend in Seoul? ;) "

Overall, I thought that's a heartfelt conversation 'cos IC was able to disclose more of his true self which eventually might gain a great friendship from this tough lady.

Guest aaadramavr

Just looking at ep 5 and it seems that MS has already fallen for IC on that trip. By the return trip with him falling asleep with his head on her shoulder and her letting him stay there and smiling and even making sure her was covered with the blanket I think she is already gone far down that path. but then not haveing eng subs I don't know how she felt seeing IC inter with his wife and boyfriend at the restaurant. Wow what a coincidencce.

Archived