Music Knock out

Guest Oops!

Guest Oops!

Greetings fellow artists,

I came with this idea during a Karaoke gathering with some friends. So what is Music Knock Out? Basicly, its a never ending singing contest where every participant must sing a specified song each week. And now here are the details:

Who picks the songs?

The winner of the previous round will pick the song that every contestant needs to sing in the following round. Sorry, but you can't just pick your own.

How is the competition judged and how do I win?

Four judges will be choosen from Soompi (send your applications to me if you wish to be a judge) to judge the contest along with me. Each judge will give a score from 1-10 for each song and the the person who's song has the highest combined score will be champion of the round. Contestants will be judged on voice, control and overall presentation.

How long is each round?

Each round will be a week long. Contestants will be given a frame of 7 days after the conclusion of the previous round to send in their entries. In short, the period between one round and another shall be 2 weeks.

Are there any restrictions to the song choices?

Nope and I think thats the beautiful of it. The song choice can be of any genre and of any language so keep on winning and choose the song that will give you the most edge!

Can I enter the competition whenever I want to?

Yes, you may enter at the beginning of any round but because each contestant will be awarded points each week upon performance, it is wise to enter early!

What are the points for and how do I earn them?

A league table will be setup for the contest and it will be reset every three months. The person will the highest cumulative points within the period will be awarded a $100 www.yesasia.com gift card. Each participant will be given 2 points for competiting in each round, 4 for third place, 7 for second and 10 for first.

Can you judge and compete at the same time?

Yes you may. Contestants shouldn't worry about biase because all of the votes will be disclosed to the public and any unsporting behaviour will be pretty obvious to spot out.

Ok thats about it. And oh, if interest is lacking, I may have to cancel this so send in your application for round 1 now!

Entry Form: (complete it and post it below please)

Name:

Sex:

Nationality:

Languages Spoken:

Singing experience (how long):

Good luck and since there is no winner yet, I will pick the song for round 1 tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone and feel free to ask me if you have any question regarding this fun event.

Guest jenniful92

OoO that sounds fun :D

i'm a horrible singer >< so i dont' think i'll compete :P

but good luck to everyone :D can't wait to hear all those songs ^^

Guest hulie-oh

I actually like it... how come you didn't get many replies?

Come on soompi performers! Let's have a little more fun in this forum instead of just posting up clips! We can "livin'" it up a bit!

Name: Julie

Sex: Female

Languages spoken: English, Korean, Spanish

Singing Experience: 8 years

Guest trashstar

sounds fun =) i hope more people reply soon :x

Name: Margaret

Sex: female

Nationality: chinese

Languages Spoken: english, chinese

Singing experience (how long): since i was 4? o.O

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

Name: Cindy

Sex: Female

Nationality: Chinese

Languages Spoken: English, Cantonese

Singing experience (how long): few years

ok...so everyone is singing the same song? :huh:

Guest kr1st1na15

Hey this sound FUN.. i want to be one of the Judge!.. maybe i can be like Simon.. the BITTER one? ^_^ soooo can i?? or maybe i can just be nice... so what do you say? yeah?

Archived