Guest purpleZ

New Film ‘Dirty Carnival’ Premiered

N2006060713470483301.jpg

http://cyimg14.cyworld.nate.com/common/fil...284341%29%2Ejpg

http://cyimg14.cyworld.nate.com/common/fil...283988%29%2Ejpg

2006, June 7

In a press conference that followed his new film premiere in Seoul, actor Zo In-sung (L) poses with actress Lee Bo-young. In ‘Dirty Carnival,’ Zo played the role of a gangster of misfortune who falls in love with Lee. (GO World News)

joinsungsig9av.jpg

Guest purpleZ

조인성 “장동건 정우성 설경구, 그들의 26살 때와 비교해달라

200606121032361003_1.jpg

2006, 6 12

[뉴스엔 글 이희진 기자/사진 정유진 기자]

“장동건 정우성 설경구 선배들의 26살 때와 비교해 주세요.”

배우 조인성이 최근 뉴스엔과 가진 인터뷰에서 영화 ‘남남북녀’로 받았던 혹평으로 인해 힘들었던 속내를 털어놨다.

조인성은 2003년 영화 ‘남남북녀’에서 남한의 '작업남' 철수 역을 맡아 북한의 엘리트 여대생 영희(김사랑 분)와의 사랑을 그려냈다.

조인성은 당시 ‘최악의 배우’로 선정되는가 하면 ‘다시는 연기하지 말라’는 혹평까지 받았다고 털어놨다. 조인성은 “정말 아이러니한 건 ‘남남북녀’로 최악의 배우로 선정된 그 해 드라마 ‘발리에서 생긴일’로 최고의 연기자로 꼽혔다”고 밝혔다. 그는 “그런 과정들이 있었기에 ‘발리에서 생긴일’ ‘비열한 거리’를 할 수 있었을 터이다. 지금은 좋은 추억으로 남았다”면서 5년차 배우다운 의젓함을 드러냈다.

조인성은 “배우로서 평가는 나이가 아직 어리기에 '어드벤티지'를 주세요”라고 말하며 “신인이 아니기에 용서되지 않는 면도 있겠지만 가능성 있는 배우라고 생각해 주시고 너그러운 눈으로 지켜봐 주세요”라고 애교 섞인 멘트를 남겼다.

그는 자신에게 향하는 연기에 대한 평가가 가끔은 선배들과 비교되기도 한다면서 "그들의 26살 때와 비교해 주세요"라고 말했다.

조인성은 유하 감독의 영화 ‘비열한 거리’에서 삼류 조폭 병두역을 맡아 기존의 ‘꽃미남’ 이미지를 버리고 거친 남자의 모습을 선보인다.

영화 ‘비열한 거리’는 15일 개봉된다.

이희진 ehhhi@newsen.com/정유진 noir1979@newsen.com

손에 잡히는 뉴스, 눈에 보이는 뉴스(www.newsen.com)

기사제보 및 보도자료 star@newsen.com

copyrightⓒ 뉴스엔. 무단전재 & 재배포 금지

I thought I'd share this anyway. Can anyone translate this?

joinsungsig9av.jpg

Guest jenandhansun

CAnt wait to watch his movieeee~~~~~~~~~~~

hes so hottttttttt

by the way, if anyone didnt know, he was on NOL LUH WAH this week~

Guest samgirl

i am really waiting for this movie, ive seen all his works as in ALL!! and altough madeleine did not do very good in the box office, i thought that it was a really good film , heart warming and touching. love impossible is also fun to watch , so i wanna see him in a mature role , that is why I am really waiting for this movie.

Guest samgirl

^^ngocphuongaus he just looks like it but insung is the nicest celeb in Korea :)

25 Most Beautiful Face 2006

[아름다운 얼굴 25]김혜수 장동건 전지현 차승원 이영애

Last year around this time , Movieweek asked 70 photojournalists to select the 25 most beautiful face . Now one year later , in this speciial issue of movie week (Issue 231) , 86 photojournalists gathered to pick out from 130 artistie they had worked with .the 25 most beautiful face of 2006 .

Female :

1. Kim Hye Soo

2. Jeon Ji Hyun

3. Lee Young-ae

4. Jeon Do Yeon .

5. Lee Na-young .

6. Jang Jin-young

7. Kang Hye Jung .

8. Bae Doo-na

9. Eom Jung-hwa

10. Kim Tae Hee

11. Moon Geun-young .

12. So Ae

13. Im Soo Jung

Male :

1. Jang Dong-gun

2. Cha Seung-won.

3. Jo In Sung .

4. Hwang Jeong-min

5. Jung Woo Sung .

6. Ryoo Seung-beom.

7. Won Bin

8. Yoo Ji Tae .

9. Lee Byung Hun .

10 Kang Don Won .

11 Lee Jung Jae

12. Lee Jun Ki

thanks to quteacho for posting this at Jeon Ji Hyun thread.

source : http://www.movieweek.co.kr/magazine/200606...0300020301.html

Guest adikkeluangman

I just watch StarNews Asia on StarWorld. There's a news bout him on his latest movie. Wow!!! But then when he talks, they dubbed his voice into English. I want to hear his voice. :P

Guest Rosepetal

Does anyone know what's Jo InSung's next project will be in the Fall or whenever?

I think his new movie, "Mean Streets" which premiered in Korea on June 15 will be a hit, I think it got some good(?) reviews...

It will be very violent, assuming since it's about gangsters, right?

But he is a good actor!! Since he's so tall and good looking who also has charisma and boyish charms, I hope he can be in a drama with CJW next...he's acted with older women 3 times in the past...hehe ^^

Guest purpleZ

Does anyone know what's Jo InSung's next project will be in the Fall or whenever?

I think his new movie, "Mean Streets" which premiered in Korea on June 15 will be a hit, I think it got some good(?) reviews...

But he is a good actor!! Since he's so tall and good looking who also has charisma and boyish charms, I hope he can be in a drama with CJW next...he's acted with older women 3 times in the past...hehe ^^

Hi, Rosepetal, I think he's been paired up with older women more than 3 times already. Kim Ha-Neul in Piano, Nonstop with the woman (not so attractive one, don't know her name), Jeon Do Yeon in Shoot for the Stars, Ha Ji-Won in What Happened in Bali, the woman from Spring Days (don't know her name too). About 5 times already. I would aggree if he'll act with Choi Ji Woo, but would be the best with Ha Ji Won again!

Can't wait to see Mean Street! I'm sure he'll be very good. Hope it will enter Cannes or something. His acting is very good.

June 16, 2006

Jo In-sung Is Back in 'Dirty Carnival'

200606160011_00.jpg

It is the dream of Byung-du aka "Number 3" (Jo In-sung), always ignored at the Rotary gang, to find a sponsor with plenty of cash and tidy up his failed life. When his higher-up in the organization declines the order of wealthy businessman Hwang to "take care of" a senior prosecutor, Byung-du snatches the opportunity. His right hand Jong-soo (Jin Gu) flits to the scenario like a moth to a porch light, while his elementary school buddy Min-ho (Namgung Min) is making a movie called "The Struggles of a Southern Sluggard" out of the entire process. This is where the mean streets erupt into a base and wicked carnival.

Chungmuro, home to the Korean film industry, could fill a truck with gangster movies that tell stories of lust and betrayal. But director Yoo Ha's "A Dirty Carnival" opening this Thursday breaks free from its predecessors in the genre. While the film on the face of it follows the conventions, the story is really about the consumerist mobsters' tattered lives. The director wanted to expand the film’s scope to include everything related to life in a capitalist society. The mobsters, the family that eats with them, and the elementary school classmate who once believed with all his heart that he could give everything, end up saying, "It's a dog-eat-dog world out there." The Jo In-sung we see in the film leaves quite an impression: this young star, rediscovered by Yoo Ha, proves that he still has a lot more to show us.

One recent survey showed that the type of man most popular with other men is a man of integrity and the "all-round cool guy." People associate this type of man with Jo In-sung. What this 187 cm-tall, 72 kg-slim man wears on TV becomes an instant fashion fad, but when he made his debut, he was told, he had a bad voice and a weird face.

But Jo wouldn't be who he is if he had let that discourage him. He found endurance and strength that are rare in one so young. And while the actor is famous for his younger-brother image, he is in fact the eldest son in his family. When he was a high school student, his family was hit hard by the Asian financial crisis, so he and his favorite younger brother had to go through hard times. After becoming famous as an actor, he said he was happy to pay for his brother's tuition. Jo's lifestyle is all about not wasting his energy but pouring it into the right thing. He seems reliable, quite unlike other young actors.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0606160011.html

Guest sunshine4ever

Dear Rubie, thank you so much for posting his news and also Mean Streets' news :)

Hi Rosepetal, you can find more pics, news, and media files of "Mean Streets" here:

http://www.sweetinsung.net/forums/index.php?showforum=41

Or you can go to "Mean Streets" thread here, but unfortunately I didn't have the time to post much in the thread:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=905

And I'm not sure what's his new project yet...but I hope it's a drama ^^ he'll still do CFs though.

Guest Rosepetal

Thanks...purpleZ, you're right, he's been paired up with older lead actresses 5 times.....sorry for miscounting!~ ^^

Thanks for the news about InSung's new film "Dirty Carnival", rubie!^^

and thanks sunshine4ever for all the links!~ ^0^

Ya, I look forward to seeing his new movie...

I've only watched JIS in "Piano Man" (or was it "Piano"?), "Spring Days" but didn't get to watch the full "Whatever Happened in Bali"....

Apparantly, that's the drama where JIS received Best Actor Award, right? I should watch it one of these days.... ^0^