Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

15 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Disney+ Korea reported 48% growth of daily user after Moving. Eventhough it's still considered low among the competitors, it's noteworthy how they will achieve another success with new drama HanRiverPolice and TheWorstOfEvil coming up next.

@backstreetboysfan  but, they also announced an uptick in its membership fees. They're striking while the iron is hot because it is riding the popularity of "Moving". The streaming platform’s weekly app usage hit a record high of 185 million minutes for the fourth week of August, according to data research company WiseApp and Wise Retail.   :handsup:

*** The hype and love for "Moving" continues through 13-EPs+ (2) EPs last Wednesday with still MORE run with a 20-EP scheduled on Disney+. The drama keeps getting better and better. K-netizens love it but, even C-netizens feel the same way and that doesn't happen often. I heard about the strong feedback about the drama. Every main character have their own story so, we can understand more about them. It's well-deserved rating! The show is a success!   :kisslevel:

Top 10 Hottest Korean Actors And Must-Watch K-Dramas Dominating Discussions In August 5th Week from Good Data Corporation

1. "My Dearest"

2. "Moving"

3. "Mask Girl"

4. "The Uncanny Counter 2: Counter Punch"

5. "My Lovely Liar"

6. "Behind Your Touch"

7. "Destined With You"

8. "New Recruit 2"

9. "The First Responders 2"

10. "The Real Has Come"

good-data-drama-090823-1.jpg

1. NamKoong Min - "My Dearest"

2. Ahn EunJin - "My Dearest"

3. Zo InSung - "Moving"

4. Ryu SeungRyong - "Moving"

5. Han HyoJoo - "Moving"

6. Go YounJung - "Moving"

7. Hwang MinHyun - "My Lovely Liar"

8. Lee JeongJa - "Moving"

9. Kim SoHyun - "My Lovely Liar"

10. Jin SunKyu - "The Uncanny Counter 2: Counter Punch"

good-data-drama-090823-2.jpg

22 hours ago, willenette said:

@backstreetboysfan  but, they also announced an uptick in its membership fees. They're striking while the iron is hot because it is riding the popularity of "Moving". The streaming platform’s weekly app usage hit a record high of 185 million minutes for the fourth week of August, according to data research company WiseApp and Wise Retail.   

Oh okay, yeah, that is wow.

Jo In Sung on why he became a regular on 'Unexpected Business' and what it means to him

Actor Jo In Sung has revealed the reason why he became a regular on "Unexpected Business".

spacer.png

During the pandemic, Jo In-sung provided warmth and healing to viewers through tvN's entertainment program "Unexpected Business". The reality show follows Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung, two "city guys" who are forced to take over the management of a country store that sells everything from groceries to food. Jo In Sung has also been confirmed for season 3, and he and Cha Tae Hyun will be running a store in the western United States.

In a recent interview with HeraldPOP, Jo In Sung revealed that he actually learns from the show.

He said, "After meeting PD Yoo Ho Jin, the burden of entertainment disappeared. I did 'Unexpected Business' because of the pandemic era. "OTT platforms have been activated, and movies have been directly hit. There was no warning, and the change came suddenly."

He continued, "As the world is changing like this, I wondered if I, who is called a star, should set up a new concept. I was worried about how to communicate with the public in a changing world. It takes time to shoot a drama, so I thought I should visit the public quickly, and I was thinking about what I should do, and the conclusion was entertainment."

He continued, "I didn't know how to be active on social media, so I was worried about what I could do in terms of activities, and the answer was entertainment." He explained, "I thought about what kind of entertainment I would do, and the result was 'Unexpected Business'."

Jo In Sung also said, "I actually learn a lot. I'm healed by listening to the stories of many people." He added, "An old lady I didn't know grabbed (Lee) Kwangsoo's hand and said, 'Young people are having a hard time these days. When I see something like that, I can't help but cry. I learned that everyone has hard times and that it's nothing special," he said.

Meanwhile, Jo In Sung was loved for his movie 'Smugglers'. 'Smugglers' is a maritime crime drama in which people who make a living by picking up necessities thrown into the sea are caught up in the big game of a lifetime.

http://www.heraldpop.com/view.php?ud=202309081743334885694_1

• Like 1

*** Webtoon creator Kang Full has expressed his gratitude to fans of “Moving” in special cartoon illustration posters, which have been released on all Disney+ social media accounts. He presented two different illustrations representing the first 14 episodes of the “Moving” TV series. I read that after Disney+ launched the drama last month, the daily average sales of the webtoon saw an increase of 12 times and eight times on Kakao Page and Kakao Webtoon, respectively. The drama recently finished the stories of high school students endowed with supernatural powers and tales of their parents. The upcoming episodes will have all the characters return to the present and complete the unfinished stories.   :heart2beat:

20230908000572_0.jpg

credit : Korea Herald

*** Jo In Sung climbed to No. 3.  :Ohboy3:

Top Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings In Final Week Of Part 1 from Good Data Corporation

1. Namgoong Min (“My Dearest”)
  2. Ahn Eun Jin (“My Dearest”)
  3. Jo In Sung (“Moving”)
  4. Ryu Seung Ryong (“Moving”)
  5. Han Hyo Joo (“Moving”)
  6. Go Yoon Jung (“Moving”)
  7. Hwang Minhyun (“My Lovely Liar”)
  8. Lee Jung Ha (“Moving”)
  9. Kim So Hyun (“My Lovely Liar”)
  10. Jin Sun Kyu (“The Uncanny Counter 2: Counter Punch”)

credit : soompi news

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2023.09.08 ~ 2023.09.10

credit : https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Sleep" (잠) 2023/09/06 395 198 538 897
2 "Oppenheimer"   132 408 2 992 126
3 "Concrete Utopia" (콘크리트 유토피아) 2023/08/09 77 793 3 747 605
4 "HoneySweet" (달짝지근해: 7510) 2023/08/15 76 485 1 255 183
5 "Don't Buy the Seller" (타겟) 2023/08/30 54 895 379 800
6 "Elemental"   38 750 7 179 715
7 "Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince"   25 789 2 993 234
8 "Smugglers" (밀수) 2023/07/26 19 235 5 113 123
9 "The Wishmas Tree"   8 982 10 149
10 "Body Parts" (신체모음.zip) 2023/08/30 8 704 51 249

Disney+ hit series ‘Moving’ achieves popularity, demand in South Korea, PH  

Disney+’s hit Korean series “Moving” has surged in popularity and demand in South Korea, and has also garnered attention in other countries including the Philippines. 

“‘Moving’ achieved the #1 rank as the most in-demand series in South Korea shortly after launch (and now it still ranks in the top 5 over the last 7 days),” according to Parrot Analytics. 

Moving2.jpgMoving.jpg

The cast of the Disney+ Korean series "Moving" (Disney+)

The analytics firm said that “Moving” is 16.8 times more popular than the average TV show over the last 30 days from Aug. 4 to Sept. 2 in South Korea. 

Parrot Analytics added that “Moving” ranked No. 1 in daily demand, rising by 1,941 from June 5 to Sept. 2 in South Korea.  

In the drama genre in South Korea, “Moving” ranked with a 99th percentile in the last 30 days. Parrot Analytics explained that “this means ‘Moving’ has higher demand than 99% of all Drama titles in South Korea.”

“Moving” is preferred by Gen Z female viewers and is also popular in Indonesia, China, the Philippines and Thailand.

By average demand in the last 30 days, “Moving” achieved 6.88 times more demand than the average TV show in Indonesia, 6.36 times in China, 6.28 times in the Philippines and 5.99 times in Thailand. 

In addition, “Moving” resulted in the highest ever weekly usage of the Disney+ app in South Korea. 

According to a sample survey by Korea’s Wiseapp analytics firm on Korean smartphone users (android and iOS), in the fourth week of August, the average weekly usage time of the Disney+ app totaled 185 million minutes compared to 80 million minutes the first week of August before the release of “Moving.” 

Disney+ previously achieved success with the drama “Big Bet.” 

“Moving,” which is about about international espionage, super-powered spies and deadly assassins, earlier set a new record by becoming the most watched Korean original series on Disney+ globally and Hulu in the US based on hours streamed after seven days.

The Korean series stars Han Hyo-joo, Zo In-sung, Ryu Seung-ryong, Cha Tae-hyun, Ryoo Seung-bum, Lee Jung-ha, Kim Sung-kyun, Go Youn-jung and Kim Do-hoon.

credit : https://mb.com.ph/2023/9/10/disney-s-hit-series-moving-achieves-popularity-demand-in-south-korea-ph

*** The nominees for the 2023 Asia Contents Awards & Global OTT Awards in 10 competitive categories have been announced. This event is set to take place on October 8th at the Busan International Film Festival Theater in the Busan Cinema Center. This year, there were over 215 submissions from 18 countries, reflecting the growing influence of global streaming service platforms like Netflix and Disney Plus. The awards feature 10 competitive categories, including Best Creative, Best Lead Actor and Actress, and Best Reality and Variety, along with 7 non-competitive categories. "Moving" has been nominated under this Program Category and Acting Category :   :kicks:

Best Creative: The Glory, Little Women, Moving, Special Ops: Lioness, and The Long Season

Best Newcomer Actor: Lee Jung Ha (Moving), Park Ji Hoon (Weak Hero Class 1), Prudtichai Ruayfupant M (Nobody’s Happy If I’m Not), and Wen JunHui (Exclusive Fairy Tale)

Best Newcomer Actress: Go Youn Jung (Moving), Li GengXi (The Long Season), Phantira Pipityakorn (Get Rich), and Rikako Yagi (First Love)

51177_1694436771.jpeg

2nd_poster_01-tile-1383x2048.jpg

Source: Busan International Film Festival

*** On September 12, Park In-je's ("Moving" director) press interview took place at one coffee shop in Jongno-gu, Seoul, where he discussed his newest project Disney+'s 'Moving". He focused on speaking about Jo In Sung in this interview; he specifically mentioned his out-of-this-world handsomeness, and how that challenged him during filming.
He revealed that he made Jo In Sung look ugly on purpose, as he was way too good-looking for his role in the series. He started off by stating, "In Sung is incredibly good-looking. I'm pretty sure nobody will disagree with me on that. Even if he picked his nose or something, he probably would still look good. In the very first scene that In Sung's character appears in the series, he's a fugitive living a poor life in the countryside, hiding from a National Intelligence Service agent named 'Min'. He is seen working in the orchard. As we were filming this scene, we faced an unexpected obstacle because of his looks. Basically... In Sung was too handsome for a poor guy, doing rough work in the sun. It just didn't make sense that someone like that would be there. So, we made his clothes dirtier and hair really messy. We did do our best to make him look 'ugly', but there it seemed to be a limit to how 'ugly' we could make him look.", then laughed. Afterward, Park In-je shared another fun behind-the-scenes story involving Jo In Sung, "In Sung's character can fly. That's his superpower. But filming In Sung's flying scenes was hilarious. Whenever we filmed his flying scenes, everybody laughed hard. Even In Sung was like, 'Are you sure that this will not completely end my acting career?'" He explained why shooting those scenes was so funny, "It was because we were seeing him without any special effects. There were no graphics ready on set. Since we worried about the outcome though, we held in our laughter as much as we could. The first couple of times, we all laughed a lot, but after that, we were dead serious each time."  :heart3:

201833006_700.webp

201832999_700.webp

201832996_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** “Moving” became the most-watched Korean original series on the US streaming platform Hulu and is also gaining explosive popularity on Disney Plus in Korea and the Asia-Pacific region. In particular, it received favorable reviews from Variety, Forbes, COLLIDER, and other media outlets.   :heart4:

*** Jo In Sung has become wrapped up in rather groundless "marriage" rumors overnight. According to rumors spreading on SNS, he was allegedly planning to marry former SBS announcer Park Sun Young soon. But, on September 15 KST, a representative from his side stepped up and told various media outlets, "We have confirmed with the actor himself that the rumors are completely untrue. Jo In Sung has no plans to marry announcer Park Sun Young, nor has he ever dated this person."   :Ohboy3:

Jo In Sung’s Agency Denies Marriage Rumors With Park Sun Young

20230915032710_Jo-In-Sung-Park-Sun-Young

Jo In Sung’s agency has shut down marriage rumors linking him to former SBS anchor Park Sun Young.

On September 15, the actor’s agency firmly denied rumors that Jo In Sung and Park Sun Young were getting married—or that they were even romantically involved.

“We checked [with Jo In Sung], and it’s absolutely not true,” stated the agency. “The marriage rumors are completely groundless.”

“It’s not even true that they’re dating,” continued Jo In Sung’s agency. “The rumors are absurd.”

After leaving SBS, Park Sun Young signed with SM C&C and has since been active as a DJ and television personality. Meanwhile, Jo In Sung is currently starring in the hit series “Moving.”

credit : soompi news

*** On September 14, webtoon author Kang Full, who is behind the original story of “Moving,” appeared as a guest on “MMTG.” During the interview, he shared that Jo In Sung was the first person to be cast for the drama. He remarked, “Kim Doo Shik’s (Jo In Sung’s) casting was discussed with the production team, and within just one week, we got a call to meet up. He said that he read the original webtoon in two days. He said on the spot that he would [take the role].” He also expressed his concern during the casting process, revealing that he was worried Han Hyo Joo would reject the role of playing a middle-aged mom. He did his best to persuade her by even mentioning that her character’s husband will be played by Jo In Sung. Regarding the upcoming finale of the drama, he shared, “Three stories will be told at once. All three are straightforward stories. They are partially different endings from the original, and I think they will be endings that viewers want.” The final three episodes of the drama will air on September 20. On the possibility of the drama getting multiple seasons, he replied, “The webtoon already has stories before and after [the drama takes place]. I think there is a possibility. It is not certain.” Ohhh..... is “Moving” may be getting another season?  :handsup:

source : https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=312&aid=0000628572