Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

*** According to the data from the Korean Film Council (KOFIC), "Smugglers" topped the weekend box office by drawing 1.17 million viewers from Friday to Sunday, which was released on Wednesday, July 26. It was the first of the four highly-anticipated big-budget Korean films to open for the summer box office. Next to open is "Ransomed" on Wednesday.   :heart2:

AEN20230731003700315_02_i_P4.jpg

*** Jo In Sung has always this extraordinary love for his fans. He has this habit of renting the whole cinema for them with his personal money every time his movie comes out. It's actually very impressive that he does this not once or twice or by chance, but every single time. He always wants to repay his gratitude to fans as much as he can, that's how much he loves his fans. According to his agency IOK Company, on July 31st Jo In Sung had rented an entire theater on the first weekend of the release of his movie 'Smugglers' and invited members of his official fan club. On top of that, he personally visited the theater with the other 'Smugglers' actors and conducted a surprise stage greeting. On the stage greeting, he shared his gratitude to his fans, saying, "I'm beyond thankful for you, the fans who love, support, and cherish me since my debut. I know

it's not easy to like one person without change like this."   :hypehype:

• Awesome 1

Jo In Sung displays extraordinary level of affection for his fans with a special event ahead of his movie premiere

Jo In Sung displayed an extraordinary level of affection for his fans, leaving them deeply moved and appreciative. 

According to his agency IOK Company, on July 31, Jo In Sung went above and beyond by renting out an entire theater during the first weekend of his latest movie 'Smugglers' release. 

The lucky attendees were none other than the members of his official fan club, known as 'InSungKunJa.' What made the occasion even more special was the surprise stage greeting by Jo In Sung and the rest of the cast, creating an unforgettable experience for the fans.

During the event, Jo In Sung humbly expressed his joy in reconnecting with his fans in such a heartwarming setting. He shared, "It's been a while since I've seen your faces in such a setting. 'Smugglers' is a movie that was filmed two years ago and it's a movie that I've been waiting to show. You will be able to see me restlessly in the second half of this year with the films 'Smugglers' and 'Moving,' and the show 'Unexpected Business.' I think it's the first time in 25 years that I've been this active."

The actor's genuine appreciation extended not only to his fans but also to his fellow actors and the film's staff. Initially intending to greet the fans alone, he was warmly persuaded by the senior and junior actors to join him, leading to a touching moment at the theater. He shared, "Originally, I was planning to come alone today and greet you but my senior and junior actors said they wanted to come with me to greet you all. I want to thank them as well."

This act of renting out a theater at his own expense and inviting fans has become a trademark of Jo In Sung whenever he releases a new movie. 

The film industry insiders have taken notice of this exceptional gesture, stating that it is rare for an actor to go to such lengths to show appreciation to their fans consistently. The fact that Jo In Sung takes the time to greet his fans personally further adds to the uniqueness of his relationship with them.

One film industry insider shared, "It's customary to only invite a few fans during film releases and invite certain fans through lottery events. But it is rare for an actor to rent a whole theater using his personal funds to invite many of his fans. He didn't do this just once or twice, he does this with every film release he has and it's amazing."

The insider added, "Indeed, Jo In-sung's love for his fans goes beyond mere words; it is evident in his actions and dedication to connecting with them. He has proven time and again that he values the unwavering support he has received since the beginning of his career until now, which has undoubtedly strengthened the bond between him and his loyal fan base."

On a related note, 'Smugglers' the maritime crime action drama released on July 26, centers around people making a living by retrieving daily necessities thrown into the sea, only to find themselves embroiled in a life-changing venture. The movie's captivating plot and Jo In Sung's exceptional performance have undoubtedly left audiences with an unforgettable cinematic experience.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/07/jo-in-sung-diplays-extraordinary-level-of-affection-for-his-fans-with-a-special-event-ahead-of-his-movie-premiere

• Like 1

'Smugglers' attracts 1.17 mln admissions over weekend

SEOUL, July 31 (Yonhap) -- Director Ryoo Seung-wan's new crime action thriller "Smugglers" has sold over 1 million tickets in its first weekend at local theaters, data showed Monday, signaling the emergence of a box-office smash for this summer.

According to the data from the Korean Film Council (KOFIC), "Smugglers" topped the weekend box office by drawing 1.17 million viewers from Friday to Sunday.

The number accounts for 53.9 percent of the total box office sales during the period.

Released on Wednesday, the movie has attracted a cumulative 1.72 million admissions in just five days.

Set in the 1970s in a peaceful seaside village, "Smugglers" revolves around two female divers, played by Kim Hye-soo and Yum Jung-ah, who are unexpectedly tangled up in a high-stakes smuggling scheme.

It was the first of the four highly-anticipated big-budget Korean films to open for the summer box office.

The box office rankings may change when director Kim Yong-hwa's sci-fi film "The Moon" and director Kim Seong-hoon's buddy action comedy "Ransomed" open Wednesday.

Disney and Pixar's animated film "Elemental" ranked second at the box office over the weekend, following "Smugglers."

The film's cumulative audience has reached over 5.67 million, adding 360,000 more people over the weekend. It surpassed Japanese director Makoto Shinkai's latest animated film "Suzume" to become the most-viewed foreign film in South Korea this year.

Coming in third was "Mission: Impossible -- Dead Reckoning Part One" starring Tom Cruise, seen by 300,000 people during the period. The Hollywood action blockbuster fell two places from the previous week.

In fourth place was the animated film "Detective Conan The Movie: Black Iron Submarine" with 89,000 admissions, followed by "Barbie" starring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling with 81,000 viewers.

A promotional poster for the Korean crime action thriller "Smugglers," is seen in this image provided by its distributor NEW. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

A promotional poster for the Korean crime action thriller "Smugglers," is seen in this image provided by its distributor NEW. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

sshim@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20230731003700315?section=culture/movies

*** This summer, the competition among Korean films is more intense than ever. Four blockbuster movies and three mid-scale films are set to hit theaters in July and August, embarking on a fierce battle of promotions. The first to step into the arena was the movie "Smugglers," which premiered on July 26th. With a total production cost of 18 billion won ($14 million), the film will break even once it registers more than 4 million viewers. As of July 31st, it has recorded 1.9 million viewers, and it is expected to smoothly surpass 3 million viewers. However, the releases of The Moon and

Ransomed on August 2nd are expected to add a twist to the competition.   :hypehype:

30000864773_1280.jpg

source : https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010274651&plink=ORI&cooper=DAUM

Must-Watch Korean Dramas Releasing This August

Let's take a sneak peek at some of the highly anticipated dramas hitting your screens this month.

Get ready for an exciting month of Korean dramas releasing this August! From heartwarming romances to thrilling mysteries, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Let's take a sneak peek at some of the highly anticipated dramas hitting your screens this month.

First up, we have "Moving," a Disney+ original starring Ryu SeungRyong, Han HyoJoo, Zo InSung, Cha TaeHyun, Ryu SeungBum, Kim SungKyun, Lee JungHa, Go YounJung, and Kim DoHoon. Based on the eponymous webtoon by Kang Full, the series is a supernatural drama that deals with three teenager high school students and their parents who discover their super powers. 

With these captivating dramas set to grace our screens this August, there's no doubt that Korean entertainment continues to captivate audiences worldwide. So mark your calendars and get ready for an unforgettable month filled with romance, mystery, and heartfelt stories that will keep you hooked from start to finish!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/must-watch-korean-dramas-releasing-this-august/

*** In an interview published on July 31, D.O. discussed his upcoming film 'The Moon'. He also thanked his friend, Jo In Sung, for the positive influence he gave. They're friends for years. Their friendship started after D.O. joined the drama "It's Okay, That's Love.  Despite their 10-year age gap, they maintain their relationship, and remain close friends through the years. His movie is scheduled for release on August 2, barely a week after 'Smugglers' came out on July 26. During the interview, D.O. talked about what they thought about the situation. "Jo In Sung and I text each other all the time, and we encourage one another a lot through it. We did say stuff like, 'How come both of our movies are set to be released at around the same period?'. Our hope is for both of our films to do well. 'Let's just make it a success, the two of us.', is what we always tell each other. We promised to check out each other's movies and talk about them." Recently, Jo In Sung mentioned him on a YouTube show, remarking on how calm he seemed to be even when his work fails to be popular. However, D.O. says he became that way thanks to his friends, including Jo In Sung. "I didn't use to be this way before we met. I used to be the one who gets easily swayed and suffers from the influence of outside events. They told me things like, 'You don't have to think that way'. And I think their bits of advice are gradually toughening my delicate mind."  :dorakiss:

201814626_700.webp

201814625_700.webp

source : SBS Star

Ryu Seung Ryong, Han Hyo Joo, Jo In Sung, Go Yoon Jung, And More Preview Their Supernatural Powers In “Moving” Posters

Ryu Seung Ryong, Han Hyo Joo, Jo In Sung, Go Yoon Jung, And More Preview Their Supernatural Powers In “Moving” Posters

Upcoming Disney+ series “Moving” has released posters of the nine main characters!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Moving” is a new superhero action drama about teenagers with hidden superhuman powers and their parents who, unbeknownst to them, harbor a painful secret from their past. They eventually team up to battle powerful dark forces that threaten multiple generations across different eras.

The new character posters feature Ryu Seung Ryong, Han Hyo Joo, Jo In Sung, Cha Tae Hyun, Kim Sung Kyun, Kim Hee Won, Lee Jung Ha, Go Yoon Jung, and Kim Do Hoon.

Ryu Seung Ryong plays Jang Joo Won, who has regenerative powers that allow him to recover quickly from any injury. The phrase on Jang Joo Won’s poster that reads, “I wanted to do something that saves people,” makes viewers wonder what happens to Joo Won, who despite being labeled a “monster” due to his supernatural power, eventually decides to do something that would save others.

Spoiler

Ryu-Seung-Ryong-1.jpeg

Han Hyo Joo will star as Lee Mi Hyun, a hero with superhuman senses and a former secret agent at the Ministry of Security. Lee Mi Hyun’s poster states, “My life has always been a battle,” suggesting the ups and downs Lee Mi Hyun has experienced due to her power.

Spoiler

Han-Hyo-Joo-1.jpeg

Jo In Sung stars as Kim Doo Shik, a top-notch black agent with the supernatural ability to fly. Heralding his extraordinary ability and presence, his poster captioned, “I exist in my own way.”

Jo-In-Sung-1.jpeg

Cha Tae Hyun’s poster represents his friendly character Jeon Kye Do, who can create electricity at will and is a bus driver. The phrase on his poster reads, “I’m running excitedly today too.” As Jeon Kye Do is a newly created character for the drama, expectations are high to see how his role will play out in the drama.

Meanwhile, Kim Sung Kyun’s poster previews his touching story as Lee Jae Man, a pure-hearted family man who possesses superhuman speed and strength. His poster states, “Dad will make sure to go see you, son.”

On the contrary, Kim Hee Won, who has a somewhat cryptic look and smile, is starring as Choi Il Hwan, a physical education teacher at Jungwon High School and the homeroom teacher of Bong Seok (Lee Jung Ha), Hee Soo (Go Yoon Jung), and Kang Hoon (Kim Do Hoon) who is hiding a special superpower that no one knows about. Choi Il Hwan’s poster mysteriously states, “Selecting and fostering abilities, that’s my job.”

Spoiler

Cha-Tae-Hyun-1.jpeg

Kim-Sung-Kyun-1.jpeg

Kim-Hee-Won-1.jpeg

Lee Jung Ha who plays Kim Bong Seok, beams with innocence and states, “For you, I now want to be able to fly awesomely.” Similarly, Go Yoon Jung also boasts a cheerful smile as Jang Hee Soo. Her poster reads, “This is a secret between the two of us,” hinting at a secret shared between her and Kim Bong Seok. Lastly, unlike the former two, Kim Do Hoon exudes a serious and resolute atmosphere as Lee Kang Hoon, who has fast speed and power. In his poster, it curiously says, “I never lose to anyone.”

Spoiler

Lee-Jung-Ha-1.jpeg

Go-Yoon-Jung-9.jpeg

Kim-Do-Hoon-1.jpeg

The first seven episodes of “Moving” will be released together on August 9, after which two new episodes will be released each week for a total of 20 episodes. Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604822wpp/ryu-seung-ryong-han-hyo-joo-jo-in-sung-go-yoon-jung-and-more-preview-their-supernatural-powers-in-moving-posters

*** "Moving" is coming to our screens next week, dropping the first seven episodes on August 9 and following episodes will release two a week thereafter. Arghh..... I will be quite busy in the coming days but, I guess I will wait to binge right before the second set of episodes drop. BTW, this will be on Hulu, too - it shows up as "coming soon" there. "Moving" is my must-see drama because of Jo In Sung. Well, the cast for this is beyond impressive. I have been waiting for this for Jo In Sung. I am not a fan of superhero stories but, I will watch this for him. Hope this drama delivers.  :Twerkdatbutt:

Popular webtoon series 'Moving' now a Disney+ TV series

Webtoon writer Kang Full’s popular webtoon series “Moving,” which achieved a total of 200 million views, has been transformed into Disney+ TV series to be released Aug. 9.

The series centers on the lives of seemingly ordinary people with hidden super powers.

The stories of “Moving” revolve around Lee Mi-hyeon (played by Han Hyo-ju) who has extraordinary physical abilities such as exceptional hearing, and falls in love with her colleague Kim Du-sik (played by actor Zo In-sung), who can fly.

When Kim and Lee have a son, Kim Bong-seok (played by Lee Jeong-ha), the couple decide to quit their jobs as intelligence agents and live as ordinary people.

The three try to hide their superpowers until Bong-seok finds it too difficult to do so after meeting schoolmate Jang Hee-su (played by Go Yun-jeong), who has a superpower as well.

Director Park In-je, who also directed the Netflix series “Kingdom: Season 2,” expressed his confidence about “Moving” at a press conference held Thursday.

“’Moving’ is a superhero TV show which also has humanism,” Park said during the press conference, adding, “’Moving’ is very meaningful to me because I had the opportunity to work on fresh stories in fresh genres unlike my previous works.”

“Moving” is Kang’s first work in which he participated as a screenwriter.

“’Moving’ originally had 12 episodes. However, I decided to go with eight more episodes because I thought a total of 20 episodes would be necessary for an in-depth depiction of each character’s personality and story,” Kang said.

Disney+'s “Moving” series features a new character that doesn’t exist in the original webtoon -- Jeon Kye-do (played by Cha Tae-hyeon).

Cha didn’t hide his appreciation of Kang as the webtoon writer helped him understand Kye-do's personality. “Someone may ask if it was difficult to play a character that doesn’t exist in the original piece. However, Kang provided me with a lot of depictions of Kye-do. This helped me very much in understanding Kye-do’s character,” said Cha at the press conference.

“Moving” is set to be released on Disney+ on Aug. 8. Two new episodes will follow on subsequent Tuesdays.

By Hwang Joo-young (flylikekite@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230803000631&np=1&mp=1

14+ New K-Dramas To Check Out In August

As summer gradually comes to a close, a major wave of new K-dramas hits the screens this month.

Here are some new dramas to check out in August:

“Moving”

moving-1.jpeg

Cast: Ryu Seung Ryong, Han Hyo Joo, Jo In Sung, Cha Tae Hyun, Ryu Seung Bum, Kim Sung Kyun, Kim Hee Won, Moon Sung Geun, Lee Jung Ha, Go Yoon Jung, Park Hee Soon, Kim Shin Rok, etc.

Premiere Date: August 9

Broadcast Details: Wednesdays on Disney+

Based on a webtoon, “Moving” is a new superhero action drama about teenagers with hidden superhuman powers and their parents who, unbeknownst to them, harbor a painful secret from their past. They eventually team up to battle powerful dark forces that threaten multiple generations across different eras. Watch a teaser here!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** On August 5, the Korean Film Council announced that“Smugglers” has soared past 3 million moviegoers in less than two weeks! The film was released on July 26, meaning that it took less than 11 days to reach the milestone. The movie is  the second Korean film released this year to hit the 3 million mark, following “The Roundup: No Way Out” (“The Outlaws 3”). In celebration of the achievement, the cast expressed their gratitude by posing for photos with handwritten messages thanking the audiences who had come to see their movie. Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Smugglers”!   :blush:

Jo-In-Sung.jpeg

0005545012_001_20230805133001027.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=018&aid=0005545012

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim Hye Soo, Jo In Sung, Yum Jung Ah, Go Min Si, And More Thank Audiences After “Smugglers” Surpasses 3 Million Moviegoers

20230805045506_Smugglers.jpg?s=900x600&e

“Smugglers” has soared past 3 million moviegoers in less than two weeks!

On August 5, the Korean Film Council announced that the star-studded new film had surpassed 3 million moviegoers at the Korean box office. The film was originally released on July 26, meaning that it took less than 11 days to reach the milestone.

“Smugglers” is only the second Korean film released in 2023 to hit the 3 million mark, following “The Roundup: No Way Out” (“The Outlaws 3”).

In celebration of the achievement, the cast of “Smugglers” expressed their gratitude by posing for photos with handwritten messages thanking the audiences who had come to see their movie.

Check out the photos of Kim Hye Soo, Yum Jung Ah, Jo In Sung, Park Jung Min, Go Min Si, Kim Jong Soo, Kim Jae Hwa, Park Joon Myun, Park Kyung Hye, Joo Bo Bi, Jung Do Won, Ahn Se Ho, Shin Min Jae, Kim Choong Gil, Lee Jung Soo, and Kwak Jin Seok below!

Spoiler

Kim-Hye-Soo.jpegYum-Jung-Ah.jpegJo-In-Sung.jpegPark-Jung-Min.jpegGo-Min-Si.jpegKim-Jong-Soo.jpegKim-Jae-Hwa.jpegPark-Joon-Myun.jpegPark-Kyung-Hye.jpegJoo-Bo-Bi.jpegJung-Do-Won.jpegAhn-Se-Ho.jpegShin-Min-Jae.jpegKim-Choong-Gil.jpegLee-Jung-Soo.jpegKwak-Jin-Seok.jpeg

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Smugglers”!

credit : soompi news

*** The Korean Film Promotion Commission reported today that Smugglers has maintained the number one spot at the box office for nine days in a row. The film rapidly gathered 2.5 million viewers within just nine days of its release on July 26th and has already reached around 4 million people, which is half the break-even point. With the weekend approaching, the movie is expected to surpass the 3 million mark. Taking the second spot at the box office is Ransomed. The film has held its ground for two consecutive days since its release on August 2nd. With its impressive rating, it's reported that the movie is on track to surpass Smugglers‘ success this weekend. However, hitting one million viewers by this weekend is vital for the film to break even. Things might change this weekend, as films’ performance on their opening weekends can make or break their success.   :emmm:

source : https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010274949&plink=ORI&cooper=NAVER

*** Last August 3, Disney+ held a press conference for their upcoming series called “Moving”, which was attended by Ryu Seungryong, Han Hyojoo, Jo Insung, Cha Taehyun, Kim Sungkyun, Kim Hiewon, Lee Jungha, Go Youngjung, Kim Dohoon, the writer and director. Jo Insung, who plays Kim Doosik, talks about how his character is the best black agent who handles a lot of highly confidential missions. “I would love to talk to you more about it, but it’s highly confidential,” he joked. The director said that it took one year of shooting the drama and around eight months or one year for post production. The writer stated that originally he thought Moving will only be around 12-16 episodes. However, he wanted a deep dive into each of the characters and their background stories, thus extending it to 20 episodes. “Moving” is set to release on August 9 on Disney+. Seven episodes will be available upon its release.   :happydance:

Zo-Insung-2.png?resize=768,511&ssl=1

Photo courtesy of Disney+

Korean series ‘Moving’ about superhuman powers to stream exclusively on Disney+ 

The action thriller Korean series “Moving” about the world of superhuman powers will stream exclusively on Disney+ on Aug. 9. 

“Moving” is the biggest Disney+ STAR original series yet, bringing the hit 200 million-view webtoon by author Kang Full to life with director Park Inje at the helm.

Moving1_9355551512.jpg

It stars Han Hyo-joo, Zo In-sung, Ryu Seung-ryong, Cha Tae-hyun, Ryoo Seung-bum, Lee Jung-ha, Kim Sung-kyun, Go Youn-jung and Kim Do-hoon.

“Moving” tells the story of ordinary students who possess superhuman abilities. They include Kim Bongseok (Lee Jungha, “Nevertheless”), who has the ability of flight; Jang Huisoo (Go Younjung), who can heal quickly; and Lee Ganghoon (Kim Dohoon), who has super strength.

Despite their superhuman powers, they choose to keep it a secret from everyone and learn to control them to live their lives as regular students.

However, government agencies seek to exploit them for their own means and also to eliminate them to rid the world of superhumans. 

Amid the threat of enemies, they must prepare themselves to protect their friends and family, and fight against all who want to harm them. As they use their powers for survival, they uncover secrets about themselves and the people they care about.

Ryu Seung-ryong (“Kingdom,” “Extreme Job,” “Miracle in Cell No. 7”) is Jang Joo-won. His character has “regenerative abilities but then he does feel the pain,” he said during the “Moving” press conference in Seoul on Aug. 3

This marks Zo In-sung’s return to drama after seven years. In “Moving,” he plays the role of Kim Doosik, a black agent who has the ability to fly. 

“He is the best black agent in NIS [National Intelligence Service]. And there are highly confidential missions that he takes on. He has very good capabilities,” Zon In-sung said. 

Han Hyo-joo plays the role of Lee Mi-hyeon, Doosik’s wife. 

“Lee Mi-hyeon has superhuman senses. She can see and hear things at a superhuman level. She was the youngest NIS agent in history. My secret mission was to keep Doosik under my watch,” said Han Hyo-joo whose last drama project was the 2021 thriller “Happiness.” 

Cha Tae-hyun (“Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds,” “My Sassy Girl”) is Jeon Gye-do, a character that is not in the original webtoon who has the ability to produce electricity. 

Director Park Inje said after completing the series, “I am a little overwhelmed. I have this sort of feeling of sadness almost. We worked so much with the staff and crew who are so talented. I feel like I wish I could have done more, I could have done better. Throughout the 20 episodes, I hope that you can truly feel and immerse yourselves in those high-tension and emotional journeys. I feel like we did a great job maintaining that level of excitement.” 

Kang Full also wrote the series and said he has “a mixture of feelings. I have been in this job and have been a cartoonist for a very long time. Usually when I work on a series like webtoons, I work by myself. But working on this show, I had people that I would lean on.”

“Moving” will debut with a seven-episode premiere on Aug. 9 on Disney+.

credit : https://mb.com.ph/2023/8/4/korean-series-moving-about-superhuman-powers-to-stream-exclusively-on-disney

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2023.08.04 ~ 2023.08.06

credit : https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

photo1697979.jpg

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Smugglers" (밀수) 2023/07/26 937 600 3 535 546
2 "Ransomed" (비공식작전 ) 2023/08/02 440 343 700 128
3 "Elemental"   291 814 6 313 796
4 "The Moon" (더 문) 2023/08/02 184 799 360 919
5 "Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One"   134 345 3 847 331
6 "Monster Family 2"   37 083 67 039
7 "Detective Conan The Movie: Black Iron Submarine (名探偵コナン 黒鉄の魚影)"   35 188 678 937
8 Barbie   33 414 518 172
9 "My Love" (你的婚礼)   12 597 393 436
10 "Insidious: The Red Door"   10 003 393 316