[MANHWA] Princess

Guest yuki-chan

Guest yuki-chan

Korean Manhwa by Seung Won HanThis is a Korean Manhwa by Seung Won Han
Summary/ Info by JanimeS.com :

001p_vol27_Princess_byJanimeS1.jpg
Princess
Princess by Han, Seong Won

Princess is a very straight forward and extremely sad series. This series is full of romance and politics. The background is an unknown medieval era where there are three countries. Among the three countries, there is an island country called "Ramira". The empire, Ramira, is where most of stories will unfold.
There are a vast amount of characters. If I am to list all of their names and go with their stories, this review will be pages long. Therefore, I will not mention their names and go by overall story.

In this series, love, getting married and pregnancy are pretty straight forward. It is very obvious that who will fall in love with whom. What drives this series forward is not love, but political situation. Ramira is a rather small country, but powerful when it comes to economy. Ramira has been in peace for a long time with the other two countries. But peace was about to fall apart. Death of Ramira's emperor lit light on strings of fate.
Ramira is surrounded by two powerful empires, Skador and Anatoria. Anatoria has had their eyes on Ramira for a long time. Death of Ramira's emperor and new young king...: They saw their chance. Despite of all odds, Anatoria successfully conquers Ramira in the end.
I've summed it up with few sentences, but the conquest goes on for 17 volumes. There are many stories during the conquest and , on surface, it may look like Anatoria is the bad ones, but no one is really bad in this manhwa. Each character has their own ambitions and love connections. There are approximately 10 active main characters and about 20 characters that only exist in past. Some of their love were answered and properly handled. And some love were never acknowledged by people.
Ambition, love, politics, and weird way of how fate works are what makes this manhwa.

Like Operation liberate men, this manhwa is also an omni-directional series. There isn't a main character, but characters. And the plot goes back and forth in time. However, the plot tries to stay within a certain distance from two main characters : Ramira's new young king and his empress.
In the beginning, most of main characters are early in teen. As the plot progresses, they become older and get married.

More information can be found at JanimeS.com the group that is currently scanlating the series. As of current there are 18 volumes and is still ongoing. This is a very excellent manga that i really enjoy reading. It is very different from what i usually read, but it is still really good.

Volumes: 31 (Hiatus) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=745

001p_princesshan_v30.jpg

001p_vol10_Princess_byJanimeS.jpg

11768.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Eddokun

^ I read up to volume 24 and this manga does not seem to be ending anytime soon ^^;; the covers are very pretty although i do prefer more anime style manga with comedy I think this manga is really nice read =p i think its doing pretty well in Korea rite now as well

Guest yuki-chan

^ I read up to volume 24 and this manga does not seem to be ending anytime soon ^^;; the covers are very pretty although i do prefer more anime style manga with comedy I think this manga is really nice read =p i think its doing pretty well in Korea rite now as well

wow, i didn't even noe there is more than 24 volumes right now ... LOLz i'm just following what JanimeS is translation ... Lolz~

Guest yuki-chan

i have it on my comp ...

like in zip files, but thats because i saved it down from the site ...

do u need it from the beginning? if so i'll see if i can post them up on megaupload or something ... but other that that, if u use mIRC, i'm sometimes on #shoujomagic , #mangaproject , #soul-society ... with username kyoko-chan or on shoujomagic = yuki-chan .. find me if u use mIRC

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest losborrachos

yeah, i'm up to vol. 24 too... and i don't think it's gonna end anytime soon... it's gonna continue at least until freya and hiro are grown up right?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yuki-chan

Janimes has stopped translating it .. so anything beyond 25 i dun have ... and at the end vol vol 25, Pry and Hiro still isn't grown up yet ... so yeah~

Guest xx0_gigi

i reslly don't like to cry when i'm reading or watching anime and it's about a war? i'm not really interesed thanks any way

• 2 months later...
Guest Dazzle and Destroy

one of my all time favorites..

extremely interesting deep plot.

i recommend!

plus, it's not your typical manhwa...

the artwork is one of the best i've seen from a manhwa..

deep plot..

i cried a lot too..

you'll fall in love with the characters..

• 3 weeks later...

I've been reading this series too, but I find it a bit boring since I'm not so much into politics and wars or anything like that. I still keep on reading though, because I wanted to know what will happen to Sibel. I'm really liking the relationship between Lala and Skadei. They were in love with each other, but both just didn't admit it. I personally find such relationship intriguing, and perhaps that's also one of the reason why I'm still reading the series.

• 5 months later...
Guest liquidcandy

Sei is definitely my favorite character! I liked this manhwa, but it was sadder than I expected.. still I like that it makes it more realistic.

1 comment. It is good but too long

I can agree with that, because it felt like they spent time trying to develop certain characters but not for any practical reason that I could see... some characters there was no justification for the amount of page-space they were given.

• 1 month later...
Guest yuki-chan

Sei is definitely my favorite character! I liked this manhwa, but it was sadder than I expected.. still I like that it makes it more realistic.

I can agree with that, because it felt like they spent time trying to develop certain characters but not for any practical reason that I could see... some characters there was no justification for the amount of page-space they were given.

I can agree with this~

but i still love the series~ especially the relationship between lala and skadei ...

right now the series is up to volume 27 ... and the artist/ author still has not began the next volume ... so it would probably be a long wait before volume 28 comes out .... ><;;

Archived