[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

Guest yeohweping

http://www.mbc24tv.com/?document_srl=7012

[Queen Seondeok] Eom Tae-woong appears in EP 8, "Nervous but will show you confidence"

20090616162101.JPG

Eom Tae-woong's first appearance came alongside adult Deok-man Lee Yo-won's first appearance, and already the two are squabbling at every chance.

He's finally here. The adult version of Kim Yu-shin, Eom Tae-woong appeared on screen in episode 8 alongside fellow Hwa-rang members, the Yong-hwa-hyang-do.

Despite having gotten off on the wrong foot with Princess Cheon-myeong, their fateful meeting leads to him joining the Hwa-rang branch situated in Seorabol. Rallying around Deok-man, he faces the prestigious "10 Hwa-rang" of Seorabol and begins training.

The filming took place at the Kyeong-ju Millennium set. Though he didn't appear in the first 7 episodes, he made sure to watch each episode and understand the flow of the story.

Because so far the older and younger actors did such a great job, he admitted to "feeling the heat" yet "being able to take part in such a huge production of the historical period piece genre is such a dream come true and I hope to become a contributing member of the team."

"I will try to make this a drama that will stay with me and the viewers for a long time." While Eom will continue to squabble with Deok-man (Lee Yo-won), his character will develop into a person who will protect and take care of her, as specially commissioned by Princess Cheon-myeong.

Though Kim Yu-shin will have to endure prejudice from the "10 Hwarang" of Seorabol against the country bumpkin Hwarang branch, the Yong-hwa-hyang-do, future episodes will show him persevering and training obsessively in the martial arts.

Eom Tae-woong is determined to "build my character one step at a time since this is just the start."

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MisterBarca

Could everybody tell me who is Munno

i have skipped some episodes

so i can't image who Munno is????

He's the head of hwa-rang who saves baby Deok-man and her foster mother and then disappears. He's only appeared in the first two episodes, I believe. I am not sure he's coming back or not.

ah I just finished the episodes to 8. Once again, I find myself watching the drama because of Park Ye Jin.

but then I find it really interesting, when it comes to historical dramas. The myth about the twins, I find it really stupid xD

but then Mishil, I found it disgusting that they wanted her to serve three generations XD eeekkk...

She hid the part of that she abandon to the temple? and made PaekPoong(?) the king, so she could become queen.

also to murder Maya. I still find it disgusting, and the other of that she never gave up on becoming a queen.

I mean she can't continue forever right? she cant seem to produce a crown prince anymore....

ah it seems like Park Ye Jin is going to show up in episode 9. Just my guessing though.

Guest MisterBarca

ah I just finished the episodes to 8. Once again, I find myself watching the drama because of Park Ye Jin.

but then I find it really interesting, when it comes to historical dramas. The myth about the twins, I find it really stupid xD

but then Mishil, I found it disgusting that they wanted her to serve three generations XD eeekkk...

She hid the part of that she abandon to the temple? and made PaekPoong(?) the king, so she could become queen.

also to murder Maya. I still find it disgusting, and the other of that she never gave up on becoming a queen.

I mean she can't continue forever right? she cant seem to produce a crown prince anymore....

ah it seems like Park Ye Jin is going to show up in episode 9. Just my guessing though.

Yes, they will switch to adult actors in episode 9--or at least that's the plan.

eeep! i can't wait for grown up versions of the kiddies. from the preview, seems like Park Ye Jin looks sooo beautiful and graceful as the mature princess. Sigh.. is it wrong that part of me wishes that Cheon-myung and YooShin had a loveline going for a while? (not unrequited love, but an actual reciprocated loveline)... Considering the beginning of their relationship, I think it might've made for some good storytelling.

Oh well. I guess i'll have to give DeokMan and YooShin love a try. hahaha.

Guest hjkomo

All right, finally caught up. It's been a busy week. :sweatingbullets:

yup will miss the young cast esp. bojongee. hee..

I'm gonna miss the young cast, too.

Okay, yeah, Bojong was kinda hot...thick brows and all... :blush:

Oh, shoot...better not let shirley know...she'll make me Assistant Chief Babysitter. :lol:

also really miss moonoh now...

:blink: hehe...knew you would eventually :P

And yes, it's highly implausible that Deok-man can hide their gender while training 24/7 with other hwa-rang. Among other things, I am sure they bathed together.

Just another detail we're supposed to overlook, I guess. ;)

And how could NO ONE notice that Deok Man has a birthmark, especially with her hair up like that??? :rolleyes:

Guest JJiMBBANG_x3

Just started this drama and I'm enjoying it a great deal but I'm pretty confused about a couple of things... ._.;;

so, what exactly is Mishil's position in the palace?... :huh:

at first I thought she was a family member.. but after seeing her and the kings.. is she just a concubine thats been staying put for power hungry reasons??.. :sweatingbullets: hahaa

I'm pretty surprised that her husband doesn't really seem to care that she's had so many lovers... or that she still has that one general as one currently... -_-

anywho back to the drama as a whole...

I'm so excited now that they've grown up!

also pretty interested as to how everyone will find out that Deokman is really a girl as she's been in the hwarang group for sometime- seeing that they've grown up and all from being fifteen to who knows how old...

or her being cheon myung's twin sister nevertheless... XD

CANT WAIT! =D

Guest oobabi3jjang9oo

Wait, I have questions too. So no one knows that DM is a girl yet?! Even when she has such an obvious girl voice, the face?

And YS loves CM, right?

What is this myth about 2 twins?

Thanks!

Oh and can anyone tell me why YS is in the other "low" hwarang group? Cause his parents are pretty powerful and respected, no?

And who is the hwarang boy who wears green and doesn't appear to have as much fun making ppl's lives miserable?

Guest danick

Lol yeah it was quite funny when they had a nearby waterfall. I thought it was illogical too. But then there are some rivers and waterfalls that form only when it rains. It could be the waterfall was dry and the torrential rain generated runoff to form that waterfall. One example that comes to mind are the rivers and streams on the Yellow Mountain in China. It's probably not the case when they were shooting the drama, but at least that's one way of explaining that waterfall being there in the story :P.

That is one hell of a way to explain the waterfalls hahaha and I am buying it, hahahaha :lol: Yeah, come to think of it, it was raining pretty hard, hehehe.

cool map. but that is only the "seorabol 10" hwarangs --

their titles sound kinda religious to me. maybe paying respect to the entities.

yusin is part of the other hwarang group. i think they're called 용화향도 [龍華香徒].

i guess they are the more 'hick' group.. but maybe soon they become 1.

dunno what lee moonshik is supposed to be mixed w/ the various jingol boys.

he is so not 15. o.O it doesn't really make sense that they allowed him to stick around.

i mean at least deokman's 15 even though at this pt, they think she's a street boy.

all the other boys are royals or nobles. pretty much.

ya me too. i wanna see the dirt behind mishil's current powers...

also really miss moonoh now...

but i guess this is why the drama's named after lee yowon's character, not go hyeonjeong's.

they wanna focus on the next genration.

When I think and rationalize the characters supposed ages in this drama, it boggles my mind and so I stop thinking about it anymore. I hope somebody here will be patient enough to kinda summarize or point out the who's who in the drama specifically the sons and daughters.

Yeah you are right, this drama is afterall about Queen Seon Deok but I'm so sure a lot of people are so darn curious about Mi Shil's story on her rise to power. The character is so deep that I think they can build another series just for that.

And yeah, where is Munno?

I am quite surprised that everyone is growing up but Mi Shil still looks very young or is it just me.

Just finished watching episode 6, 7 and 8.

I can't believe I'm actually following a historical drama!!

Must be the feminist side of me! :P

Now to the boys. :wub:

The young Yooshin is so cute! I didnt really pay attention to him,

but when he and his hwarangs figured out that Cheon-myung is the missing princess...I was :lol:

Am I the only one who melted when he said, "But, in exchange, don't cry anymore." to Cheon-myung?

I thought they looked cute together...too bad he is Deok Man's man with a twisted fate! :rolleyes:

The hwarang boy who shot Mishil's son with an arrow is quite an eye-candy as well. :D

Too bad, they will all disappear next week. YAY for the adult versions!

Thanks so much for subbing this drama, With S2!!

PS. MUNNO!! Where're you!!

The only male actor I look forward to..well until the others grow up. :P

The boys are so cute but unfortunately, we won't be seeing them soon. This is the problem with historical dramas, they changed the actors so fast. I am so going to miss them but I am so looking forward to their adult counterpart as well because that is where the real fun begins.

Thanks for the links, photos and updates.

Guest garnet07

Right now I'm totally hooked on this drama. I had complaints about it on the beginning since for the life of me ... I can't seem to understand or find a reason why Mishil is oh so powerful ... but ok, I'll just ignore those details and enjoy the story.

What I think grabs people the most is the young Deokman's acting. Her scenes with her sister are so interesting. Can't wait until they each figure out that they're sisters :D . I also love the gender bending part of the drama where Deokman has to pretend to be a boy and eventually become a queen (totally can't wait for that part). While I utterly hate Mishil's guts every time she comes on screen, the actress portrays her evilness so amazingly. The hwarangs especially Kim Yoo Shin is so cute. Haha when he was deducing who the princess is ... then compared her to Cheonmyeong, that was hilarious. I loved how Princess Cheonmyoung's "WHAT DO YOU THINK" facial expression.

Guest MisterBarca

eeep! i can't wait for grown up versions of the kiddies. from the preview, seems like Park Ye Jin looks sooo beautiful and graceful as the mature princess. Sigh.. is it wrong that part of me wishes that Cheon-myung and YooShin had a loveline going for a while? (not unrequited love, but an actual reciprocated loveline)... Considering the beginning of their relationship, I think it might've made for some good storytelling.

Oh well. I guess i'll have to give DeokMan and YooShin love a try. hahaha.

It looks like a love triangle, and Cheon-myung and General Kim does have something going. For instance, if you look at the preview carefully, she prays that he comes back alive.

Guest alicechen

It looks like a love triangle, and Cheon-myung and General Kim does have something going. For instance, if you look at the preview carefully, she prays that he comes back alive.

Really? A love triangle! YAY!! I'm already in love with the young Yooshin and Cheon-Myung!

Esp when he told her not to cry anymore!! :wub:

As for Deok Man, they basically grew up together,

so him having feelings for her when her gender is exposed is highly possible.

Guest sayroo

Now I know where Gukseon Munno went! :lol:

He's in upcoming Swallow The Sun.. haha! :lol:

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq208/o...aed0a46e0d4.jpg

(You can see him in that banner at the 2nd to the last in the right.) keke! :)

Am laughing so hard when I knew that Mishil's bro had a hundred sons! :lol:

And Mishil was asking about the 86th! haha! :)

And Mishil is trying to break the record of his brother? Maybe 200? :lol: That clan is one weird clan..

Guest valley girl

i wanna watch this drama but too bad,, it series i will be waiting until this drama finish hehehehe...

i don't like being curious..

seems all actors and actresses Plays Brightly

Guest luthien

^^ Thank you Cutiepie! Thank to WITHS2 for doing an amazing job subbing this drama!! :wub:

I can't wait for the next episode. But then I'm going to dearly miss Shin Se Kyung. It's interesting how they show Princess Chun Myung's weaknesses and flaws. The people she encounters have influenced her. At first I thought Mi-Shil scared her away from the palace, especially when Mi-shil gave her the last warning during the funeral. Then when she joined hands with Kim Yong Choon, she revealed that she is not scared but actually determined to stand up against Mi-Shil. As impressed as I was with her resolution, she was still flawed... she learned those flaws through her meetings with Deok Man and Yoo Shin. I think other than Go Hyun Jung, I'm also impressed by Shin Se Kyung's performance.

Archived