[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramaok

shirley,

thx for the links. no he's not in luv's cap or he is but not clear [small],

but he's the last pic in cute_girl's cap.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1353/queen5han.jpg

he looks better in video than cap, except his wig is a bit funny. :D

Where are the wrinkles here? :)

http://blog.daum.net/sseub/8875562

oh pleeaassee AS IF. wrinkles are so easy to airbrush even i know how.

but let's just say she's a perfect goddess winklefree and all

and u can have her allll to urself.

i don't swing that way anyway so it's settled, k??? B)

-------------

chilsook and moonoh still missing. those short-timer ahjuhssis.. need nap or what.

i find it weird that chilsook just left like that o.0 and what happened to moonoh.

buy yay! looks like little kim yushin comes out. the little king sejong guy who was also the little lee philip in TWSSG,

and little harry in lobbyist.

Guest alicechen

Just finished watching Ep.5 and I'm loving this series so far!!

The pace is definitely what I enjoy the most right now. I hope it doesn't drag later on! :)

The young Deok Man is amazing. She could pass for a boy!!

I love her acting, and the scene when she is desperately trying to save her mom is so sad!!

The Katan ajusshi, I LOVE him!! He's so charming!! :P

Chilsuk, that guy...omg...so annoying!

He's like the evil comrade in Cain and Abel! Always coming back!

I'm with you there Shirley, I pity Princess Cheonmyeong!

At such an early age, she has to witness the death of her brothers, again and again.

Just to be told that it's all her fault. And now her brave husband dies too.

I can't wait to see the next episode where the twins reunite!! YAY!!

Also, a big thanks to WITH S2 for subbing this drama! I'm grateful!

PS. Munho makes my heart melts!

He's so manly and just oozes confidence whenever he appears onscreen. :wub:

Guest hjkomo

chilsook and moonoh still missing. those short-timer ahjuhssis.. need nap or what.

i find it weird that chilsook just left like that o.0 and what happened to moonoh.

buy yay! looks like little kim yushin comes out. the little king sejong guy who was also the little lee philip in TWSSG,

and little harry in lobbyist.

:lol:

Don't worry, they'll be back. :P

Cute little Lee Hyun Woo. :)

queenseonduke06kor09060.jpg

queenseonduke06kor09060.jpg

^Who's this supposed to be?

Young Bi Dan?

Isn't he supposed to be older than Cheon Myeong & Deok Man? :unsure:

Who's older, Bo Jong or Bi Dan?

Guest MisterBarca

Does "hjkomo" stand for "HJ 고모"?

If so, why? I can't imagine a woman wanting to call herself 고모. It's almost as bad as "아주머니"! :lol:

P.S. By the way, is 엄태웅 really 엄정화's little bro?

I would have never thunk it!

Guest MisterX

lol! i think they are also abit confused in terms of the subtitles .

Guangdong -> 廣東 -> 광동. That's the normal transliteration from Hanja to Korean, like Li Shimin would become 이세민. 광둥 is the pronounciation spelled in Korean. It's like 장예모 vs 장이모우. Both are technically right, although for Koreans the former is much easier to stomach.

북경어 IS Mandarin. 북경어->北方話->Beifanghua->Northern (Capital) Dialect. I guess if you wanted to get pedantic, they'd speak Zhongyuan in that area (Taklamakan), but it's not like 7th century Chinese in that area would sound anything like modern Mandarin.

Guest missimpressive

i wanted to learn some korean history and learn more about the character so i search it online. I found out that Kim Yushin mother is the daughter of King Jinheung (King Jinji father) so that make Kim Yushin the cousin of King Jinpyeong (the father of Seon Duk) which mean that Kim Yushin is the uncle of Queen Seonduk? correct me if i am wrong..

Guest MisterBarca

i wanted to learn some korean history and learn more about the character so i search it online. I found out that Kim Yushin mother is the daughter of King Jinheung (King Jinji father) so that make Kim Yushin the cousin of King Jinpyeong (the father of Seon Duk) which mean that Kim Yushin is the uncle of Queen Seonduk? correct me if i am wrong..

When in doubt, do not believe Wiki-garbage.

Guest tenshiii0ox

^Yup. I was looking at info on Shilla rulers because my ancestors were the rulers of the dynasty, and Wiki had some incorrect information, I believe.

P.S. By the way, is 엄태웅 really 엄정화's little bro?

Yes, you are correct.

BTW, what's with all the Hangul characters floating in this thread, makes it difficult for us non-koreans to read/understand :tears: . . .

Guest hjkomo

Does "hjkomo" stand for "HJ 고모"?

If so, why? I can't imagine a woman wanting to call herself 고모. It's almost as bad as "아주머니"! :lol:

Nope. (although I am one)

But never underestimate the might of 고모's or 아주머니's. :P

Hey, it beats a nautical moniker...which are supposed to be given female names...

hm...trying to assert your masculinity a little too emphatically? :phew: (hehe...I jest :lol:)

tiki_sg,

고모 (komo) = aunt (specifically, father's sister)

아주머니 = ajumoni

:)

I can't read hanja, so I always have to look up what the other three write. ;)

Guest MisterBarca

Yes, you are correct.

BTW, what's with all the Hangul characters floating in this thread, makes it difficult for us non-koreans to read/understand :tears: . . .

Sorry, but for Korean-speakers, reading Konglish is an eyesore, because Korean words do not transliterate well into English. I try to minimize using han-gul, but names really should be represented in Korean (esp. the ones that are difficult to transliterate into English).

Nope. (although I am one)

But never underestimate the might of 고모's or 아주머니's. :P

Hey, it beats a nautical moniker...which are supposed to be given female names...

hm...trying to assert your masculinity a little too emphatically? :phew: (hehe...I jest :lol:)

So what does it stand for then? Ok, let me take another guess. "Hjk" is your initials, and "omo" is a typical expression that Korean females resort to when they want to sound surprised and cute? :)

tiki_sg,

고모 (komo) = aunt (specifically, father's sister)

아주머니 = ajumoni

:)

I can't read hanja, so I always have to look up what the other three write. ;)

Hi HjKomo

Thanks for the explanation . . . I actually kinda knew that one . . . by guessing, hehehe

It is those written by the other 3 "elders" that get me dumb-founded, and being too lazy to copy and paste every phrase written over to BabelFish/GooglesTranslation. Lol . . .

Sorry, but for Korean-speakers, reading Konglish is an eyesore, because Korean words do not transliterate well into English. I try to minimize using han-gul, but names really should be represented in Korean (esp. the ones that are difficult to transliterate into English).

Not to worry excessively . . . just jesting . . ;) , cos this is like the first thread I've come across where conversations are carried out in Hangul.

At least the Hangul bits don't come in a whole paragraph.

Archived