[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

The title "Emperor Pacheon" or "Pacheon-wang" is still a working title and not validated yet, refers to a Chinese proverb whose meaning is the breaking of chaos before the creation of the world and used when someone achieves something that nobody has before.
It is also said the drama will be premiered on the first half of 2014. It's too early to start a topic now since it hasn't had enough information, I'll do one when the casting comes out.
Here is the original plots the writers are working on: Depicts the friendship and battles of wits and wills between Jung Do Jeon and Lee Bang Won during the early building process of Chosun Dynasty. Jung Do Jeon was the most powerful Korean aristocrat and politician of his time while Lee Bang Won was the 5th son of King Taejo and eventually became King Taejong, the 3rd king of the Chosun Dynasty.
Credit: Asianwiki.
PS: If the drama is about the beginning of the Chosun dynasty, so "Tears of the Dragon" might be the best reference. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...
Guest dramafighting

I  finished Queen Seon Deok yesterday  TT_TT and now I'm having hard drama withdrawals ! That was sooooo good ! I don't know  , I've watched like more than 50  Kdrama but no drama made me addicted like this ! 
Now I don't know what to watch next .... 

Unfortunately, the aforementioned upcoming 2014 drama "Pacheonwang" by QSD's team has been postponed permanently. There are 2 obvious reasons to explain:1) KBS weekend historical "Jeong Do Jeon" which has the same storyline and the same time slot.2) The rise of Dae Jang Geum 2 - MBC's movements still don't give us enough clues to confirm whether MBC is going to make this drama or not, but there are high possiblities that they will do.
@dramafighting : you should check out "Empress Ki." 

Guest dramafighting

mannschaft said: Unfortunately, the aforementioned upcoming 2014 drama "Pacheonwang" by QSD's team has been postponed permanently. There are 2 obvious reasons to explain:1) KBS weekend historical "Jeong Do Jeon" which has the same storyline and the same time slot.2) The rise of Dae Jang Geum 2 - MBC's movements still don't give us enough clues to confirm whether MBC is going to make this drama or not, but there are high possiblities that they will do.
@dramafighting : you should check out "Empress Ki." 

@dramafighting: Dong Yi was interesting too, but sometimes the storyline was a bit dragging and not much action-thriller like QSD. It's okay to watch.
You can check out Damo (with Ha Ji Won (Empress Ki) as female leads), this drama had both action and emotional, but it was sad-ending. And a vote for Bridal Mask, you'll see a Korean hero wearing mask who stands against Japanese Empire during Japanese invasion in 1910 - 1945.

Guest dramafighting

mannschaft said: @dramafighting: Dong Yi was interesting too, but sometimes the storyline was a bit dragging and not much action-thriller like QSD. It's okay to watch.
You can check out Damo (with Ha Ji Won (Empress Ki) as female leads), this drama had both action and emotional, but it was sad-ending. And a vote for Bridal Mask, you'll see a Korean hero wearing mask who stands against Japanese Empire during Japanese invasion in 1910 - 1945.

Wow, you've watched almost everything.Let's see...
*Emperor of the Sea (KBS 2004)*Jumong (MBC 2006)*The Legend or Taewang Sashingi (MBC 2007)*Lee San (MBC 2007) - Being off to a good start but it's sometimes dragging too because of the love story (Dong Yi's writer)*Chuno (KBS 2011)
Well, if you also enjoy history, you can check out those true historical.
*Dae Jo Young (KBS 2007): 134 episodes (I wonder if anyone had enough patience to watch every episode.)*Great King Sejong (KBS 2008)*Soldier or God of War (MBC 2009)*King Geunchogo (MBC 2010)
(You can search for them here: http://doramax264.com/k-drama/)

• 4 months later...

I've just completed my weekend's mission several minutes be4, it's watched this drama "Queen Seon Deok" ^^I'm used to skip the child period, and so did this time. And I also have gud feeling for Kim Nam Gil so I started at the 21th ep - when he appeared!!!In historical drama, love is not described in detail n if there were some kisses, that would be too much, too perfect ^^. I'm so sorry that there were no kisses in this extremely long drama. At least the staff should let Bidam n Deokman have their kiss :((.All large Silla, there was only Bidam that can call the Queen with her real name, only him dare to do so. So that for me, he was the only one that deserved Deokman's love, belief and protection! what a pity they couldn'd be happy in the end. Deokman may love Yoo Shin but the Queen loved Bidam with all her aldult and queen's heart. I'm in such a dark that Bidam n the Queen couldn't be together in a small house as she wished. Why didn't them be happy as the couple in "Princess's man". Bidam maybe blind, or he may lost his arm, his leg, but I hate the fact that he was killed:(

• 4 months later...
Guest bluer0se

I suddenly missed QSD :(( I think I was rooting for Yushin before when I first watched the series but now I'm all for BIDAM!!! Why?! Why do I always root for couples that can never be huhu The other couple that I'm frustrated about is Mulan and Wentai from Mulan: Rise of a Warrior. Why do these girls love their country so much.. *sigh* 
I'm planning on re-watching QSD! And it's all because of BiDeok! and Yoo Seung Ho, of course. hehehe It's the first drama of YSH that I've watched :)

• 3 months later...
Guest kyung-jin

itemprop="name"​Throwback Thursday: The 5 best historical dramas of the 2000s

by whatadrama on Thu, Mar 26, 2015

Whatadrama_historical_dramas_dramafever_

Is your love for K-dramas genre-specific? Are you skeptical of dramas that are not romantic comedies? Fear no more! We’ve prepared a list of the best historical dramas produced in the past decade. They deal with Korea’s rich history from 37 BC to the 1600s chronologically. Check these out!

2. Queen Seon Duk (2009)

Known for its strong characters, speedy storyline, and contemporary style of conversations, Queen Seon Duk received the best drama of the year award. Actress Lee Yo Won plays Princess Duk Man, who later become Queen Seon Duk. A character named Mee Sil, portrayed by actress Go Hyun Jung, also plays a big part. Curious about their relationship?

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/throwback-thursday-the-5-best-historical-dramas-of-the-2000s/

Archived