[drama 2005] Hardtack Teacher & Star Candy 건빵선생과 별&#49

Guest coreana

Guest coreana
[sBS] Gong Hyo Jin, Gong Yoo
sub_top30.jpg Hardtack Teacher & Star Candy stars Gong Hyo Jin who is an aspiring and wannabe teacher. Against all odds, she obtains a degree from some low ranking university. She hopes feverishly to teach at her old school of which she is kicked out, with a view to getting close to the arts teacher whom she has a big crush on. Gong Yoo plays the role of a rebellious and frivolous 19-year-old high schooler. Actually he is a breezy charmer who is particularly sentimental and blessed with a heart of gold. In order to tame GY and ensure that he causes no more troubles, his step mother hires GHJ as a temporary teacher on a one-year contract so as to keep an eye on GY. The triangular love relationship develops - GY is smitten with GHJ. GHJ is mesmerized by the arts teacher whose love to her is equal. Putting romance aside, there are subplots of how GHJ helps solve the problems envisaged by the students. Through the ups and downs, the bonds of affection between the students and GHJ as their teacher strengthen. The performance of Gong Hyo Jin is accurate and right on - convincing enough to be a teacher who has the perseverance to achieve and takes serious about the students. She has a rather mundane appearance, but oozes with some charm which I find irresistible. Gong Yoo makes an indelibly adorable impression with a minimum of effort. He expresses his internal pains and passion in an effective way. His romance and courtship is all mirth and hilarity but at the same time, heart rending enough to move one emotionally - All these conjure up the proper amounts of giggles and tears. The supporting cast members playing the students are admirable. The chemistry of GY and GHJ is immensely natural and they play off each other perfectly. What I understand from the past dramas and movies is that a love affair between a teacher and a student is half taboo in Korea. But, here in this drama, it is neither burdensome nor wearisome. To me, it's all the way light hearted. Some parts are even rib-tickling. Frankly, the story itself is averaged with flaws which are quite apparent. But, my personal view on this drama is that it is full of sweet innocence which I guess can charm and entertain anyone with a heart. Gong Hyo Jin playing Na Bo Ri gonghyojin_L.jpg Gong Yoo playing Park Tae In gongyu_L.jpg Kim Da Hyun playing Ji Hyun Woo kimdahyun_L2.jpg Choi Yeon Jin playing Noh Jemma choiyeojin_L.jpg

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love this.

i didn't watch a drama in so long -- i think this is the last one i saw.

GONGHYOJIN IS SO FUNNY

and gongyoo is even more lol

i enjoyed this drama even though the storyline is not outstanding.

i like all the parts with gong yoo and he looks great here! his chemistry with gong hyo jin is pretty good too. :)

this drama was pretty good... gong yoo's cute n GHJ is perfectly teacher-like..hehe..well maybe her sangdoo image is still in my mind. anywayz.. they both are very cute 2gether!

Guest llxaNnExo12ll

ahhhhh i love this drama!! GONG YOO is soo hot..gong hyo jins cute..they look so good together..the storyline was good..really cute drama^^

Guest thesarahchong

I really anticipated this drama, but I was disappointed when I saw that the first two episodes seemed to drag. It was almost predictable that every week, a new student would have a problem-- and wonderful Bori would save the day. I was so sad because I had such higher expectations.

And then as I continued to watch, I grew more and more into it, and I became wrapped around the stories of each student and their background... how through this one teacher, they could learn from their mistakes and start all over. It was getting better.

Gong Yoo and Gong Hyojin, I've noticed are very compatible... the way they respond and act with one another is surprisingly so... young romantic. I didn't like the other leads except for that of the main two (and Gong Yoo's friends <3)..

It was a good drama, and I loved it. The ending was particularly satisfying and Gong Yoo is hot. (:

Guest chubbyone

ahhhhh i love this drama!! GONG YOO is soo hot..gong hyo jins cute..they look so good together..the storyline was good..really cute drama^^

I'm currently enjoying this drama. Gong Yoo and GHJ look cute together. :rolleyes:

Guest I AM ON AWAY

the story was very very average, but the chemistry towards the end between the two lead characters make up for the lack of sense in the drama overall, i think. gong yoo is hot =)

Guest makemyday

haha dang maybe i should watch this.

i watched the first two episodes and even though i LOVE gongyoo AND gong hyo jin..

i could NOT get past the episodes. it dragged for me..

but maybe i'll watch it this time.

anyone have episodes on ysi?

• 1 month later...
Guest kevjc07

Were subtitles ever made for this series? I remember a lot of people requested for them and there were talks of a few members working on them, but then there was no news of them being completed.

• 2 weeks later...

i absolutely LOOOOVED this drama... however i DID find some of the storyline a little hard to believe and it dragged a little. still... gong yoo and gong hyo jin = an awesome couple ^^

gong yoo's pretty old, but he looks so young! (i think he's older than gong hyo jin in real life... maybe not)

Guest lavendersky

Were subtitles ever made for this series? I remember a lot of people requested for them and there were talks of a few members working on them, but then there was no news of them being completed.

you can find the subs for Ep 1-2 @ d-addicts.

Guest ttekor_3

May I ask if there is a subbing team for this drama? it looks like this forum is still going strong, a lot of people are still interested unless the subbers doesn't believe there is not enough interests....which i do understand....

Guest ..natz..

ohh i'm searchin for this drama..do u know which clubbox has it?the ones i had, their files are gone GONE GONE!!!..can anyone help me?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daneres

At last .... a forum where some people actually watched this drama! The good acting and chemistry between the leads compensates for the common story line. :):)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived