Japanese Companies

Guest Sam-chan

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if there were acting troops like d-boys for girls. I was thinking of trying out but I wasnt sure.

I would really like to try out for an entertainment agency but im not Japanese and my japanese is like on a first grade level/well more like pre-school :( .

Guest mr.pokie

can anyone explain how to auditon for

Japan Music Entertainment?

because the website is in all japanese

and i just have to be in the same company as Kamiji Yusuke :P

Guest xturntofade

can anyone explain how to auditon for

Japan Music Entertainment?

They accept singers, song writers, actors/actresses, comedians, etc...

1. send in photos (1 headshot 1 full body)

if you are a singer/song writer, send in a demo

address:

〒106-0044

東京都港区東麻布1-10-11 東麻布アベビル3F

株式会社ジャパン・ミュージックエンターテインメント

「新人開発」係

2. Depending on the season, they hold special auditions which they announce in 月刊デ・ビュー

so check that.

http://www.deview.co.jp/

Guest ai.melon

I don't know if this helps any,

but I got these:

Sony; the international auditions if you live in places other than Japan. There are also some other auditions for things such as songwriter, composer, ect.

Pony Canyon; I saw an audition page not too long ago, but I can't seem to find it now. If you live in Japan, you might want to call them and see if they can squeeze and audition in for you.

For Life Music Entertainment (FLME); They have this 30 days Girls only Audition and a 7 day Audition. If you live away from Japan, you may want to plan on travelling. Aside from sending your demo, you have to be present for an audition.

EMI; they have audition, but you need a Japanese adress.

Ki/oon; It's a part of Sony, but they have an audition.

Avex; they have that star search thing and the world auditions.

Toy's Factory; my friends sister is under them. I haven't checked the site recently, but they did have an audition.

Giza Studios; They too have an audition. They also have an international site.

That's all I can think of on the top of my head. I'll come back if I remember anything

can some on translate FLME 30 day audition and the seven day audition. PLEASE and could someone translate giza auditions as well? Too Much kanji for me!

Guest distorted-daytime

^Um, here's the guidelines for the GIZA audition, but I wasn't able to translate everything:

Auditions for composer, arranger, vocalist, guitar/bass/drum/keyboard player.

1. 2-3 songs; CD-R, MD or cassette format. Include the lyrics if it's your composition. (I'm not sure if it has to be an original composition.)

2. Entry form (can be downloaded from the site)

3. Three photos taken within a month(?)

Minors need to have parental consent. Audition materials will not be returned. And I think you can only audition once.

GIZA is located in Kansai so you'll be based there if you pass the auditions.

Guest ai.melon

can some on translate FLME 30 day audition and the seven day audition. PLEASE and could someone translate giza auditions as well? Too Much kanji for me!

<<GIZA>>

Eligibility:

Basically it says that you can't be under another label, but if you are, you need to specify. If you are a minor you need parental consent. And they don't return submissions.

How to apply:

Entry

Music (original song) 2-3 songs. CD-R, MD or cassette.

If there are lyrics, be sure to attach them.

Theres a PDF form available for download, please it fill out.

You will be notified if you have passed by phone or mail. Please give and e-mail address and telephone number to be reached.

Picture

Color photographs taken within the last 3 months. Or snapshots.

Notification of examination results

So they'll do the examination and then notify you by phone or email (if you passed). If you don't have it, then i guess they wont contact you.

Notes

You can only apply once. If you're a minor, you need parental consent and then a signature. They wont tell you about your audition, so don't ask.

<<FLME 30 day>>

If you're a minor, you need parental consent. you shouldn't belong to another label yada yada.

The audition period is one month from the date that it is due to the end of the month.

you need to send the following four items.

1. Demo (more than one song)

(CD / MD / cassette / DVD / VHS / miniDV)

specify the artist name and song title.

2. If it's an original song, please attach the lyrics.

(For karaoke, state that it is karaoke.)

3. your resume and profile

4. three photos taken within a month

Next months cycle pertains to the seven winners in the past 30DAYS at the audition site (where ever that was)

If there was a holiday, than they will announce on the next monday or next day.

5 notes:

1. haha. They assume that if you read the privacy thing, than you accept it.

2. Application materials will not be returned.

3. Minors need parental consent

4. They acutually let you know about your audition. So you are allowed to contact them.

5. They charge the cost of training. yada yada.

Guest HappyToast

@ H!P

most likely if your a guy and not asian or close to the japanese ethinc, EX: Thai, Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, etc.

then they're not gonna pick you for Johnny's jr.

also i printed out the Ki/oon, Giza, and Pony Canyon PDF's but i need help translating them, help? and also I'm thinking of signing up for the HoriPro Academy. Can someone help me translate that PDF too?

Guest Hello! Project

@ H!P

most likely if your a guy and not asian or close to the japanese ethinc, EX: Thai, Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, etc.

then they're not gonna pick you for Johnny's jr.

also i printed out the Ki/oon, Giza, and Pony Canyon PDF's but i need help translating them, help? and also I'm thinking of signing up for the HoriPro Academy. Can someone help me translate that PDF too?

Post the links

ーH!P

Guest ai.melon

Download the entry form for the pony canyon auditions (its below (:), you can use any type of paper (writing paper, stationery, etc.) to fill in "Name" "furigana", "D.O.B." "Age" "Phone" "Address" "Email Address" "Occupation" "profile" "self-appeal". You need to submit two songs that can be sent on (CD, MD, and cassette tapes. adn if it's on a website, put the URL), two photos of body and upper body (no purikura, kthnx). adress

(like the title) to the following: ポニーキャニオンオーディション2009事務局 WEB係

NO DEADLINE. all info and audition stuff with not be returned

only for those with not contract with a record company

after the paper audition is over, those whoo passed will be notified. It will usually be on a saturday or sunday

I dont think they cover the expenses to travel to the audition (haha, the kanji killed me and stepped on my heart)

- if you apply as a singer, the quality of the recording (good or bad) will not be related to the audition

- it can be acapella or karaoke

- if you wrote the song and cannot record, put a guide melody.

- for a band, if can be a live perf. or a studio recording

and they just had the adress after that.

if you wanna contact them:

Pony Canyon Music

03-3507 -5551 Monday-Friday 11:00 to 18:00

mail to: audition@pcmusic.jp

EDIT: (to HappyToast)

pony canyons PDF

artist name:

furigana:

member profile (part/age/gender): part: ( ) year male - female

representative:

furigana:

adress 〒( - )

phone number:

application song (lyricist/composer/track maker)

name of application song (1)

lyricist: composer: tracker maker:

name of application song (2)

lyricist: composer: tracker maker:

other (profile/your appeal/live info)

Guest chibakim

wow you are great in translating!!! *salutes*

One more question, can the address for Pony Canyon audition be translated into romaji?

My country need to write the address in romaji in a receipt because I'm sending it through express mail LOL

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

Guest stupidfactory

Regarding the Sony Japan Auditions, it said that there's no deadline specified. So it means that we can send in our application anytime and they might browse through it or...?

Guest ai.melon

Regarding the Sony Japan Auditions, it said that there's no deadline specified. So it means that we can send in our application anytime and they might browse through it or...?

I guess it's something the world may never know. They say that ALL entries will

be screened and those that pass are notified. :/ I don't think they have the time to

fully focus on an individuals audition. Thats why they say to choose your best song and

put it first. I don't think they're going to listen to the whole thing unless you blow them

away and they're too speechless to do anything.

In other words. I'm pretty sure you'll be screened.

One more question, can the address for Pony Canyon audition be translated into romaji?

My country need to write the address in romaji in a receipt because I'm sending it through express mail LOL

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

sure! (although I'm not sure what to substitute the "〒" with in your country. :/)

These are other areas

So it's titled as:

Music company Pony Canyon Inc

2-5-10 Toranomon, Minato-ku 105-0001

Archived