Japanese Companies

Guest Sam-chan

Guest Sam-chan

Hhhm, that's actually a question some people might have. When you're mailing your stuff out do you write the company's address in English? Or do you have to write it say for Japan in Kanji or for Korea in Hangul? That would help a lot if someone would be able to answer that.

I think that you'd write it in English if that's the native written language of the country you're mailing it from.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ai.melon

Hhhm, that's actually a question some people might have. When you're mailing your stuff out do you write the company's address in English? Or do you have to write it say for Japan in Kanji or for Korea in Hangul? That would help a lot if someone would be able to answer that.

I think that you'd write it in English if that's the native written language of the country you're mailing it from.

I think if you're mailing out to a different country, you need to

write the adress in american characters. It has to get through

the mailing system first in one country.

Guest sokeepdreaming

Guys, just a quick question,

but what do you think an artist (what elements blah blah) do you think they need to succeed in the japanese industry?

Like be talented, obviously,

but in other words,

what do japanese people like?

well, it depends, but i'll just list important elements i notice many successful artists have:

UNIQUE/EXCELLENT VOICE

sings more mainstream

GOOD LOOKING

good skin

STYLISH

PASSION

THIN

SPEAKS THE LANGUAGE

PERSONALITY THAT STANDS OUT

oh, & good songs sell in japan. they'll buy cds if they like the artist, but if it's some newcomer with a GOOD SONG, they'll still buy it.

now if you're talking about how to get into a company...you don't need all the elements above.

pretty much just...

unique/excellent voice

good looking

XD with those two, you could easily get into a company, however, the voice matters more than the looks. for some companies, you need both. for some, you may get lucky & get in with just looks, but this is a lot more common in korea (my opinion!)

when it can be narrowed down to two things, it's still extremely hard. there are many people with above average looks & average voice or above average voice & average looks. personally, i don't think you can just be "above average." you need to be GOOD. aka. they train you, but they want something VERY GOOD to work with. "above average" usually doesn't cut it. most japanese singers already have an excellent voice before they go into training. think alan (good example for what would catch the judges' eyes for FOREIGNERS).

& yeah, i guess japanese like "cute" people, but usually artists who sell REALLY WELL are not cute (minus girl groups). they're more towards chic & BEAUTIFUL.

^

all the above is my OPINION & what i observe. feel free to disagree, but please don't bash.

the elements i listed are for singing in particular.

i apologize for the BIG VARIETY of adjectives i used. -.-

p.s. a lot of avex artists were running through my head when i was typing this.

Guest mihsayam

Thinking about it, rather than looks...Japan is particular about their idol's personality. Which is why most of the idols create personalities or images to interest the public.

Guest HappyToast

Well, The teen boppers over there eat up/love boybands, artists, and girls groups that are cute, or dubbed as "kawaii". So Ima just tell you elements I have:

A Cute/Fresh Look

Cute/Stylish Fashion

Bubbly Personality

Nice Vocals

Has Instrument Ability

^

You could apply these elements to you too

• 3 weeks later...

hi, can someone make a list of Japanese companies' addresses and their requirements. such as for Avex, Sony, etc.

my friend is interested in the Japanese industry but i'm a bit noob when it comes to Japan (i, myself, am for the Korean industry).

someone help the noob! xD please and thank you!

Guest Sam-chan

hi, can someone make a list of Japanese companies' addresses and their requirements. such as for Avex, Sony, etc.

my friend is interested in the Japanese industry but i'm a bit noob when it comes to Japan (i, myself, am for the Korean industry).

someone help the noob! xD please and thank you!

If you look at the first couple pages of this topic, the addresses should be there. Just look through it a bit.

• 3 months later...
Guest AyaDoll

do you know if once you get into the companie you would have a trainee days like korean companies?

Guest ohbliss

do you know if once you get into the companie you would have a trainee days like korean companies?

It depends which company. But majority will still train you.

There is also a difference between Japanese "idols" & Japanese singer/musicians.

It you're going for idol, you can definitely be trained.

If you're going for singer/musician, they will train you, but unlike the Korean entertainment industry, you already need to be REALLY TALENTED.

Guest AyaDoll

dos ny1 know anywesites like "allkpop.com" but 4 japanese news

It depends which company. But majority will still train you.

There is also a difference between Japanese "idols" & Japanese singer/musicians.

It you're going for idol, you can definitely be trained.

If you're going for singer/musician, they will train you, but unlike the Korean entertainment industry, you already need to be REALLY TALENTED.

Do the members of band live together like koren groups?

Guest Kira379

Is Amuse a good company too?

There are a few people from a musical (Prince of Tennis) that are from that company.

What exactly is a "tv talent"? Is that just an actor? Or a host?

Thank you~

Guest monaero

What exactly is a "tv talent"? Is that just an actor? Or a host?

Thank you~

A tv talent is basically someone who regularly appears on tv. Kind of like the girls on Misuda (if you've ever watched the show).

If you look up "tarento" on wikipedia, it will give you a lot more detailed information.

Guest Kira379

ooh okay thank you :D I've never watched that show, but I think I have a good idea

Here are some other companies:

ameblo

yaplog

watanabe pro

oricon

Hope this helps!

Guest Hello! Project

ooh okay thank you :D I've never watched that show, but I think I have a good idea

Here are some other companies:

ameblo

yaplog

watanabe pro

oricon

Hope this helps!

Ameblo (and yaplog) arent entertainment companies, they just host blogs. Ameblo is short for Ameba Blog... unless you were talking about blog companies

follow my ameba blog^^ ameblo.jp/nonkyannn <--my shameless plug of the day;;

Archived