Japanese Companies

Guest Sam-chan

Guest Kimchi.Fried.Rice

Ok so i plan auditioning for korean and japanese companies.

and in korea if your not korean or anything that looks korean..if can't get in.

does japan do that? you have to look japanese or something close to that, to get in?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MyNameIs_Luka

^^ I'm totally confused as to how to audition there *flails* so we audition via the cafe and not the actual site?

Yes you have to audition through the Daum Cafe...Stardust does not have online auditions on their actual site so if you don't have a Daum or Naver account then you should register for one if you want to audition online.

Guest Mausoleum

Ah, mkay. *attempts to figure out how to sign up* I thought you couldn't sign up for Daum without a Korean number...?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Ah, mkay. *attempts to figure out how to sign up* I thought you couldn't sign up for Daum without a Korean number...?

You have to sign up under a foreigners account and registration...The only thing I find iffy about Daum is that you have to email them your picture ID and Number...And it takes them a few days for them to approve your account...I just don't feel safe emailing Daum my Driver's license over the net... -_-

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

look what I've found. Avex opened their door :D https://ssl-apd.avex.co.jp/audition/upload.aspx can someone translate this please?

From what I've translated on Babel Fish it looks like you need a residential Japanese number to register...Hopefully someone who is fluent in Japanese can translate this better than I can :D

Guest Mausoleum

@ AngelBaby: I managed to sign up for a Daum.net account already, but the Stardust cafe seems to want an SSN when I sign up...? *flails* Help? D: What's the point of them saying any nationality and language is accepted and having them debut in Japan if they clearly want Korean people... O_O

@ morgansunshine: Can do. ^_-

Ok so on the upload page (BTW https://ssl-apd.avex.co.jp/audition that's where you go, and click the 2nd button) under the mic (Which is for vocals BTW), it says :

2 Photos - Body, bust (above chest) clearly showing face, please upload one of each.

Sound - mp3, m4a, aiff, aif, wav, wma please upload if you can (but not required, it's OK to send pictures only)

Then under the treble clef (which is for a band), it's:

Photos - A group picture is OK. If it's an individual, please upload one each of a body and bust shot (heart up) clearly showing face.

((I'm not all that sure what the last thing says. My Japanese is rusty sorry!))

Sound - mp3, m4a, aiff, aif, wav, wma files must be uploaded, please

And under the body (which is for models), it's:

2 photos- Body, bust (above chest) clearly showing face, please upload one of each.

Now after that, the fields are as follows:

Upper body or group photo, jpg, jpeg files only (2MB or less)

Full-body photo, jpg, jpeg files only (2MB or less)

Music,

mp3, m4a, aiff, aif, wav, wma files only (10MB or less)

Music,

mp3, m4a, aiff, aif, wav, wma files only (10MB or less)

So yeah ._____. Hope I helped somewhat.

EDIT: Figured I should translate the first page with the little scrolly box, too. Please note though that I haven't lived in Japan for several years and my Japanese is really... no practice for a while.

Ok so the box says:

- We are working on the proper collection, management, and use of personal information in accordance with Avex Group's privacy policy.

- ((OK so this next one, I got confused. I think it means that if you audition then they can use your audition pictures and videos as a promotion for themselves... but I can't translate it exactly sorry. Basically the whole thing of that block is about their privacy policy, which you can view on their website, Http://www.avex.co.jp ))

Right, then it says:

Notes:

- If you have a domain email client set up, please always allow av.avex.co.jp ((I think that's to help it arrive so your spam doesn't filter it out.))

- If you submit your band or group of people, please be sure to fill out the member profile for every single entry sheet.

- WEB receive and upload music on entry or one set up to two songs per person.

- WEB receive and upload music on entry up to five minutes for each song.

((Um. I had to go fetch my dictionary for this. I don't get this at all... I think it means songs should be no longer than 5 mins each and one set should be 2 songs.))

- Demo tapes and entries will not be returned.

- Only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted.

- Questions regarding the screening process are not accepted.

- Transportation to and from the examination venue is at the qualifier's own expense. Thank you.

((I think that's about it...))

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

@ AngelBaby: I managed to sign up for a Daum.net account already, but the Stardust cafe seems to want an SSN when I sign up...? *flails* Help? D: What's the point of them saying any nationality and language is accepted and having them debut in Japan if they clearly want Korean people... O_O

Yeah I can't sign up either <_< Well if this doesn't work then I'm thinking the better way is to just mail them my audition demo instead...This is too much of a headache lol...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest supakawaii055

I have to let this pass...I need to prioritize other things aside from fulfilling my dreams here in japan...so temporarily...will have to work on other things...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Dirtycash23

i would like to send in a demo to avex trax. But I can't find their mail address. Can anyone help me?

I would be okay if I would have an email address or a link where i can contact them. So if there is someone who can speak and read japanese, can he or she look up for me?

I just sent demos to Avex, Sony so far..but I found the information on the 1st,2nd & 3rd pgs of this thread!...hope that helps and I use Google translate to read the info on the sites...plus most of the info is pretty self-explanatory and I dont even know much japanese..lol

QUESTION IS DAG MUSIC LEGIT!

• 11 months later...
Guest serena-cham

I was looking for this information! Arigatouuuu 

I'd like to contact you about your songs, I'm very interested in working together. 

A little bit about me:

18 year old female, about 200 000 facebook fans, actress and singer. 

Check my sig.

__edit. nvm, I'll just post it.  I was being lazy.  But yes, there was already a thread about this back in Jan.  Other people posted up good information so you should check it out.

Auditioning in Japan;;

1. Labels of Interest. Avex (largest independent entertainment agency in Asia), Sony Music Japan, Victor Entertainment, Pony Canyon, Epic Records, Rhythm zone (sub-label of Avex)

2. Agency of Interest. Stardust, Sky Corporation, Johnny's Jr, Oscar Promotion, Pro M, Ken On, HoriPro, Sweet Power

001. Sony Music Japan International Audition has already held the international audition once, and if you look up the group Amplified, you'll see that they were the winners for 2005 year. Since then, they did another audition, but no details have been released, there isn't even a deadline, because that page has been up since the beginning of last yr. You don't have to speak Japanese, Amplified's 2 albums were in English and the wonderful staff translates there blogs to Japanese to please the fans of Japan.

002. I just got back from Japan and I went to the Avex building *stupidly* and basically you can't get in without an appointment. So I would suggest anyone in Japan, make an appointment. Even if you have to lie about the reason just so they can give you one. Because waiting for the 08 auditions will drive you insane. You see me, right? But luckily I did get to meet a worker of Avex and we talked as we went back to Shibuya station and he gave me his e-mail (which I cannot give out, so do not ask)..

003. Is talent have as important as looks? Nope. But I'll take that statement back, some companies, especially smaller ones do care about the quality of the artist but mainstream as we know it in Japan is relying more on faces and no talent, especially foreign ones. If you could book one tv spot on a variety show, you could be well on you way to singing the theme song to the show and then releasing your first single 2 weeks later, with no Japanese skill require. Its actually pretty sad.

004. Should I already be famous? Yes and no. If you are famous for writing a comical celebrity bashing blog, then you already have fans, which in essence makes it easier for you to look famous when it comes time to release some real music. Leah was a race queen/gravure idol pre-overnight famousity (my own word, yes), Nesmith did all kinds of stuff before the big Exile Vocal Audition and me....well, I'm doing various stuff like singing my heart out and odd hours at the karaoke bar and keeping my witty sarcasm up, I already have legions of fans over 80 and tone deaf.

004. If you honestly want to audition for the companies, you really should send your own material! That means hop on that place you (or I ) hate so much--myspace, and go find some people with some good music, arrange a contract and head to the nearest studio or stay home and record it yourself. If you truly have the talent, your songwriting skills will come naturally. If you don't think you have what it takes to write a song, let alone in Japanese, I've got a ton of songs written, in English, Japanese and Spanish. We could make a contract because I'm all about networking.

005. Japanese skill. I wouldn't audition in America if I knew I sucked at English, so I wish people would understand not to audition in Japan if your Japanese is below par. That means not being able to understand a song in Japanese sung to you just once. And not being able to understand the morning news in Japan. It may be something you love, believe me, I love Bollywood just as much as the next person but I know I'm not going to try to rush to India and sing in Hindi only knowing 5 phrases. We all can't be Leah Dizon. Some of us just don't have that "good look" factor that can make up for our unskilled Japanese/English/Hindi. You can love the music, the language and country all you want, but no skill, or atleast no quick learning skill (BoA, DongBang did it. Leah is not doing it.) then I say you retire back to good ol' America and come back to Japan in 5 years.

006. Crush. Crush. Sadly but truly, dreams will get crushed, it is unfortunate. My dream got deflated when my mom didn't let me audition for the school of the arts, but it didn't stay deflated because if i went to that school, i wouldn't have moved to Atlanta, met my boyfriend, have him send me to Japan and be pregnant and have him still pushing me toward my dream of singing. So I hope everyone will go forward with their dream! Nice comment of the day.

007. Where to start? Japan would be best (plus theres this great magazine in Japan called Audition, I have the Jan issue which if I could get the damn scanner back, I would so scan for everyone) but for those who just can't get there and are stuck in the middle of nowhere you can use my lj to find the address of almost all record label and talent agencies in Japan. It has the celebrity address, but all you have to do is replace it with the agency name and you're good to go. You need to send demo tape, 2 photos, full body and head shot and audition form.

008. Later.

Gotta go out now, shop shop shop for baby stuff.

--H!P

008. No where on audition does it say this audition is just for Japanese people, if that was the case, there wouldn't be artist like Younha, Leah Dizon, Stephanie (half Armenian-American, half Japanese), SunMin, Nesmith (half-Japanese, half African), Yuna Ito (half Korean, half Japanese), Crystal Kay, JERO, Becca....so technically they are not asking you to be Japanese but either reside in Japan (hence the reason why they ask for your nearest station) or have Japanese skill. But that doesn't mean you can't just put an American address where they ask for what is supposed to be a Japanese residence.

009. The magazine Audition is basically to 1. Aid in finding companies and auditions and 2. Help you build a nice audition packet. Audition even has a little audition form sheet where you can see what will most likely be on an audition form like name (plus furigana which is the reading if your name can be written in Chinese characters. You do not have to have a kun reading to put your name down, if you are Korean and can write your name in Hanja, do that BUT you have to use the Japanese reading. If your name is in English or anything like that use the Roman characters and in the furigana section but your name in katakana so Japanese can read/pronounce it). Next to it is your sex, bloodtype, they want your e-mail, sign, birthdate, birthplace (which they already prepare you to write a place in Japan hence the ____-fun and ___-ken), they want phone numbers, height, weight, 3 sizes (bwh), shoe size, desired genre (singer, actor, comedian, artist, model, talent, other), schools you've attended, band members if it's a band, permit, history like if you did any cms, tv work, etc. You also have to provide your audition desires, favorite school course, respected person (Angelina Jolie, Ayu and my mom^^), favorite sport, hobbies, favorite talent (Becky!), special skills (Multi-lingual is a plus), favorite tv show/movie, favorite book, favorite book/music(ian), self intro, siblings and their info and parental consent.

010. If you are ify about trying to past all your foreign information in, then you always have option B which actually is the smarter alternative. Have an agency already. How do you think Leah Dizon and Stephanie, natives in America got famous in Japan? They had someone representing them and paying for their travel expenses. It's a lot harder to represent yourself to record labels, most of them wont even give you the time of day,s o if you really have talent, acquiring a talent agent wouldn' be much trouble. But where to start? Well I looked that up to, Sky Corporation that has Leah Dizon as well as other foreign-born, Half, and just plain out Foreign talents may be a good option. Also Stephanies talent management which the name has eluded at this moment is definitely another good option. Even agencies totally geared to Gaikokujin talent would be so good but they usually want you to already be in Japan, but atleast they speak English for you, and they'll do all your bookings (one Arashi pv and your on way to being a Johnny's Jr! =O)

I'll get to scanning as soon as a certain obnoxious roommate decides he wants to give it back! >_<

And I'll continue wantsonce I get some food.

--H!P

008 was in response to someone.  I guess I'll add more later.  As usual, gotta get some food.  I guess I'll come back with less sarcastic and more helpful info, I guess.

• 2 years later...
Guest popteen_love

Hello!!I know this post is super old>< but i hope to revive it !!
I am an aspiring model in Japanand I am currently participating in the Tokyo Girls Collection Audition with AvexI passed the 2nd round and now I need to write a blog on Ameba and get votesI am the only non Japanese in the competition, although I am half asian.
Please support me!!I need more votes to stay in the competition!
To vote you need to have a Ameba account but Its free and really easy to make!one vote per day until the 28th of august!!Its all in Japanese but I can help translate!
here is the link:  http://tgaudition.ameba.jp/profile/model/23/
I'm number 23 ドール ローレン Daull Laurene
Thanks a lot!btw i don't know how to make a new topic><

• 3 months later...
Guest Sam-chan

Oh man it's been years since I've been on here!

@popteen_love I'm actually having trouble starting new threads too! Here's the help link but it didn't work for me:
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2002719/soompi-forum-how-tos#latest

Sorry this thread's been inactive for so long. I've been very busy! So here's a new questions for everyone: can we find out the management company info for the popular model Rola? She's half Japanese half Bangladeshi and is on the tan side.

Archived