Korean Scary Stories

Guest XX3CHUNSA

Guest Caramel.Frapp

There is a creepy way to call upon a ghost and have it go into a doll, this process originated from Japanese ghost hunters. It has been tried and there have been people that have replied with some positive results and by positive I mean it works, so try at your own risk. What you will need is a doll (obviously), some red string, some raw rice, a bucket, a knife, a piece of your finger nail, a strand of your hair and a drop of blood. You will also need to either have a glass of salt water or a glass of whiskey (whiskey preferred as it is more potent).

Firstly give your doll a name. Then cut open the stomach area of the doll and fill it with raw rice, this symbolizes feeding thus starting of new life. Then insert the piece of fingernail, the strand of hair and a drop of your blood. You will need to then stitch it back up using the red string. To finish off, you will need to tie the doll up in red string. Prepare a bucket of water and place it into the bathroom.

For this to work you will need to be at home alone.

You will need to wait till 3am as this is the hour when spirits are most active. At this time, go to your room and hold your prepared doll in front of you and repeat to it 3 times; “I am a seeker (followed by your name)”. Now go to the bathroom and place the doll into the bucket of water. This is done so that when it does become animate, the water will slow down its movements. Now go and turn off all the lights in your home and have only one TV turned on, leave your phone on but leave it on silent and make sure you do not have any other devices that could make any noise (this is to avoid getting caught…). Then go back to your room and count out loud 1 to 10. Once you have done this; take your knife and return to the doll in the bathroom and repeat 3 times “I have found you, (the name you have chosen for your doll)” and proceed to stab the doll in the chest three times. Place the doll back into the bucket of water and leave the knife in front of the doll. Now say to the doll “Now you are the seeker, come and find me.”. Return back to your room, lock the door and hide (preferably in a closet of some sort) and wait.

You will have your glass of salt water or whiskey with you in your hiding spot. If you have succeeded, you may hear the volume of your TV shift, the channel changing or soft footsteps. Make sure you do not make any noise, and the reason for your phone being on silent is because there are times where people will receive calls or messages from unknown numbers asking where they are hiding and also if you DO receive a legitimate call, it does not give away your hiding spot. This whole process must not exceed 2 hours or else this ritual cannot be finished, thus, the spirit will stay around. Once you have had enough, take a mouthful of your salt water or whiskey, find your doll and spit your mouthful of liquid onto the doll and repeat to the doll “I am the winner” 3 times. Once you have done this, you will need to burn the doll.

Some things to keep in mind:

You cannot leave the house throughout the duration of this ritual

Make sure all lights are turned off for this to work

Make sure you are alone

Must be finished off in 2 hours, if not, you will not be able to get rid of the spirit

When you go back to your room, make sure you lock your door, if you are a thrillseeker, you may choose to leave it unlocked.

When you a returning to your room to hide, do not turn around under any circumstances

Do not leave your computer or mp3 players on

Try and remain as silent as possible whilst hiding

Make sure the doll is completely burnt

This ritual is translated from a korean forum, many koreans have tried this and many have got results

This is very much like the Japanese movie 'Creepy Hide & Seek' which I am watching right now.

5 Minutes into this movie and it reminded me of this story, haha.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFGGGAHHH! THIS THREAD! I remember the old scary stories thread and dayum, it freaked me out. LOL, but I love going here (even though I'm a coward at heart). The one that's forever engraved in my memory is definitely the one about the red eye ghost. Gawwd, I was reading it at night too...by myself freaaaaakk!

• 1 month later...
Guest foreversacred

this one didn't happen to me , but w/e .

my step dad was telling me that when he was younger , he was sitting at the kitchen table talking to his mom ,

& he noticed she was staring at something other than him , so he asked her what she was doing , & his mom said , "Joe ,

who's your friend ?" he didn't know what she was talking about , cause he was alone , so he told her that nobody

was there except for him , & she said "No , there's someone sitting right next to you !"

in the same house , i think , he said he was sleeping on the couch , & suddenly he just couldn't move . he looked to the

side & he said he saw someone standing in the corner , with his head hanging down & just looking at him , not moving .

he asked , i think the person who lived next door , if they had seen anything & they told him that the person who had

lived there before him , had hung himself in the corner of the living room .

:S i dont know how he could stand living there , i'd move out right away . o_O

Guest blackjackVip

omg!!!

i knew i shouldn't have read stories here!!

gaaaaaaahh!!!

i'm already feeling cold as it is but these stories makes me feel more chilly!

T____T

now i'm being more conscious of my surroundings...lol

ugh, i need to forget what i just read...

I don't want to bump the other thread since it's way back in September land. Hopefully people won't mind if I post a non-Korean story. 

California was claimed from Mexico in 1846, during the Bear Flag Revolt, and actually ceded to the US by the treaty of Guadeloupe Hildalgo in 1848, after the Mexican War. California became the 31st state in 1850. When the earliest settlers arrived in this area, they found an old abandon Spanish mission on this site, and even then, it was avoided by the locals. There were rumors that prisoners were kept in the missions catacombs, being used as jails during the war, and that the prisoners mysteriously disappeared or worse, were found literally, crazed, frightened into insanity. The superstitious locals thought evil lived there.

But the desirable Pasadena area didn't stop progress and eventually the mission was leveled and this building was constructed. It became the 1st National Bank of Pasadena in the late 1890s but they only stayed until 1904 where they moved a block away to Fair Oaks and Colorado. It was a costly move, but the bank president claimed “This move was necessary to continue a successful business and to properly serve the citizens of Pasadena”. But most residents knew the bank was trying get away from the stigma of mystery of the “Ghosts of the Bank Robbers”. Story has it, in 1901, 3 bank robbers successfully entered the bank, blew open 2 of the bank’s basement vault safes, but failed to get away. The building was surrounded by local sheriffs, and then ... they just disappeared. Legend has it that their dynamite explosions, not only open the vaults, but they opened the sealed off catacombs, which apparently, they tried to flee thru ... never to be heard of again ... even though every gold piece stolen was recovered! Soon after, the bank experienced strange things. Strange sounds, empty screams, and finally the disappearance of 2 bank employees and a bank customer that started rumors flying about the “Ghosts of the Bank Robbers” getting revenge on the living. This of course was later dismissed as a local myth.

June 13, 1919- Union Savings Bank is unable to keep customers coming into the bank and closes.

January, 1923 - First Trust and Savings Bank of Pasadena opens in the infamous building.

February 1929 -Pasadena is growing and Colorado Blvd. must endure a massive street widening project. All buidings are to lose approximately 15 feet and the new fronts of the buildings must be redecorated. During the excavation the basement and catacombs must be opened to allow construction workers access. Panic ensues when the remains of 12 Pasadena citizens are found in the catacombs. The bank immediately ceases operation and an investigation finds that the bodies of the deceased were hideously torn apart...

June, 1937- the First National Bank opens on the site. Customers and employees continuously report of a foul odor coming from the basment. The catacombs are not opened, however and the bank operates successfully until 1943. Then, in 1946, after the end of World War 2, when Pasadena started to expand, a new sewer system was needed to handle the growing population. But right at the intersection of Raymond and Colorado, the sewer workers broke into what was later determined to be the old Spanish catacombs, yes, the discovery of human remains of what appeared to be the missing bank robbers. The only thing not explained is that the body parts where found “scattered about, and found spread out over several different areas of the underground”. Then, after several mishaps, collapsing caverns, and even disappearing sewer workers, the city abandoned the sewer plans. They moved to another location, amongst whispers of ancient curses, and the catacombs were again sealed up.

May, 1955 -The United California Bank opens in the building and once again uses the vaults first used in 1898. Since then, various reports of hideous screams, and odors of decay were found reported since then, especially in the 60's. Then, investigations lead to finding an enormous amounts of dead animals; cats, dogs, rats, etc., found in various states of decay. No other information is found, but the basement was sealed shut, no trespassing signs posted, and only rumors remained. The upstairs office and street level spaces are rented out ... for a discount!!

August, 2005 - An old grate is discovered under a trash can on the sidewalk at 85 E. Colorado at the corner of 20 N. Raymond in front of a Subway restaurant. The grate is over the basement and catacomb area of this troubled bank building. Now that the trash can is removed, a hideous odor is coming from this grate. Stop by and have a smell. Sometimes reports of sounds and distant cries can be heard. Currently, police are trying to get a warrant to gain access to the underground section of the building for an investigation. In Pasadena warrants can take up to 90 days by the time the court grants the request.

August 5, 2005 - The basement and catacombs have been purchased by an unknown Kansas resident by the name of Ned Lamper. The new owner has strangely denied access for the police. The Star News reports that his plans are to allow the general public to explore the underground vaults and catacombs, with the high, fast rising real estate prices, with commercial space at a premium, a business tries to rent the basement space for office space, but upon opening of the basement, new areas were discovered, including no fewer than 36 bodily remains were found in various parts of the basement, and catacombs. - Source

Apparently it's now a "haunted house" attraction in Pasadena. I can't vouch for the legitimacy of the story but I like these underground secret location stories. 

• 3 months later...
Guest The-Entity

Here are some nursing/family-related ghost stories (some edited for easy reading):

1) This story is not nursing related but have to tell it. Years ago I dreamed that my mother's best friend called me because she said after numerous attempts [of calling] my mother, [she] would not answer the phone. [My mother's friend] said "Tell her I'm going away on a long trip but I love her and I'll see her in heaven." I was not frightened of this and agreed to tell my mom. I never got a chance. In the morning [my mom] called me and said that her friend's daughter just called---she had died in her sleep during the night.

2) This isn't really a ghost story, but it definitely gave me chills: I was working in a critical care unit and there was a minister that was a [patient]. I can't really remember what was wrong with him but I do remember him saying that we better get his family because he would be "going home soon". In the course of the next hour, he was made a DNR. I promise you, after that man died, he had a GLOW coming from his face and a smile that was so sweet.....I have never seen anything like it. Nurses from all over the unit came to see this man's face and everyone that saw it, cried. To this day, I get tears in my eyes thinking of it. I can not think of any other word to describe it but "heavenly".

3) I heard this one from colleagues... On our department we have three isolation rooms down a hallway kinda out of site of the nurses station. Apparently one night right after diaper changes, the patient in the first room started screaming bloody murder that the patient in the third room was dead, and why havent we done something about it? Well the nurses aides had just changed the mans diaper, and the screaming patient was known for dementia. She just insisted she had seen the man walk by her room. When they finally decided to listen to her and go check on him, they found he really had died...

4) Not "ghost" stories but some of our pediatrics patients during their palliative care/dying process have said people were in the room who were not.  One child said he saw angels, another girl said "god" was here for her. The only time I was kind of scared was when a girl was saying "don't let them take me" and she had not been talking for days. It was only her parents and me in the room. She was dying, end stages, so I assume she saw someone there to take her to heaven.

And wow I just scrolled through that website looking for more good stories to put here, and some photoshopped images popped up and scared the absolute mini cooper out of me.

• 8 months later...
Guest musiklover

weird or what last month I got a call that was 000-000-000 I didn't answer it since when im in class i usually put my phone on no sound I kind of believe in the paranormal because I have some things that are really awkward I'm not psychic but i have some awkward experiences I rather not say I dont want to be jinx

Heard this story somewhere but when I heard it, it gave me the chills lol~

I don't remember the exact details but here it goes:

A man drove in the woods looking for light. He was lost. The woods was pitch black, eerie and he felt like something might pop out. Fortunately, he was in his car, so he was protected. But the car wsa running out of gas and that was the last thing he needed. His car broke down in the middle of nowhere and started to call 911. He was terrified and his hands kept on shaking as he pressed the numbers. All of a sudden, a huge bang was heard from his windows. A man, who also seemed lost kept on banging his windows, yelling at him "Please let me in, please let me in. Take me with you!!" The man inside the car was so scared that he tried starting the engine multiple times. The stranger kept on banging and soon, he went to the front of the car and tried to break his windshield in order to get in. The car suddenly started up and the man pressed the accelerator so hard, the stranger disappeared into darkness. The man never looked back and a couple of minutes later, he found light. He went to a nearby, worn down gas station and told the service man to fill up his car since the car had hardly any gas. The man found fingerprint stains all over his side window and his windshield. So he told the service man to wipe away the stains. The service man started cleaning the glass and looked closely at the fingerprints and seemed confused. The service man suddenly went up to the driver and told him, "Sir...the fingerprints are from the inside of your car, not the outside."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not quite good in telling stories, and I don't celebrate Halloween. But I'm interested since this is about scary stories.

I live in boarding schools for quite long time and I heard too much scary stories (in Malaysia) about hostel, about haunted house or haunted roads etc.

I know it supposed to be Korean Scary Story, but 'that' things are everywhere, right? I just share mine, if you don't like, it's okay.

Okay, this used to happened when I was in high school, my friends experienced this once. In our hostel, our study room is combined with the TV room, and it make it a bigger room for quite number of students. However, there are lots of windows which are broken and behind our study room, you can see the basketball field, and it's too dark, since my boarding school is at rural area, so you know, forests, jungle and all creepy sounds you can hear at night. And btw, next to my school, just beside the boy hostel is a cemetery for Christians. Church is far away, but there is a mosque nearby. Forgot to tell you, this is Islamic School. (Yes, I'm a muslim). It's normal especially when it closes to final exams, students will stay up late at night, and according to hostel rules, we need to turn off the lights around 11PM, thus the only place which the lights are on, is the study rooms, toilets, and sideway/corridors lamps.

So, there is a story passed by seniors, about a girl who stayed up at night to study. But, I don't know which senior experienced this, but my friends experienced the same story as well. Our seniors used to advice us to not stay up too late at night, because it's not too 'safe', either our hostel is haunted or not, that was another story, but from what I heard, yes, it's haunted. There was a senior who planning to study till morning, so she decided to use the study room alone, since we can't used our dorm (because of the rules I said earlier), at that time, she was so sure she was the only one who planning to study, so she never expect any company to study with her.

Then, that senior went to study room and study. After awhile, she slowly getting tired and sleepy, without her notices, there is actually someone enter the study room. She sat just a few desks away from this senior. She never noticed that girl in this hostel, so she thought that maybe she's one of the juniors. (Okay, I'm start imagining the situation rn~ T_T) She try to talk to her, that girl replied, and they chatted while they're studying. Since she thinks that talking will avoid her from sleeping, thus she keep talking to the girl. That girl didn't much reply, maybe a quiet one, she thought. Suddenly, one of her pen slipped from her hands, and felt under the desk, she try to take the pen under the table, at the same she accidentally looked at the place where the girl sat. How shocked she was, when she saw, there's nothing under the table, even at the chair, I mean if that girl is sitting crossing her legs on chair, you can still see her legs from under desk.

Thinking that she already talked to 'that' girl, this senior try not to get panicked, thus she just slowly take her pen, and sat as usual. For few seconds, she never ever turn her head toward 'that' girl. With all her strength left inside her, she slowly packed her things, planning to run as fast as she can. However, while she packing, 'that' girl who still her eyes focused on her books, asked that girl, "Where are you going, sis?", "Upstairs, I think I'm done" said that senior. Suddenly, 'that' girl giggled (in scary way I think), and asked her, "You know who I am, don't you?", and suddenly her laughs getting louder and slowly turns to high pitches laughs exactly like a ghost. This senior who was so afraid, quickly ran to her dorm and locked herself inside her dorm.

-------

that doesn't sound scary, right? sorry, i'm suck on telling stories. i'll tell you few more stories later.

even the University Hostel that I'm staying rn, also has it's own 'creepy tales'.

i am sooo freaken scared right now! instead of paying attention in class im stuck here reading and reading scary stories!

GOSH now i really need to use the bathroom but im too scared....>____<

i have a short creepy story...this happened to my cousin at a party that my brother was at too! and my cousin he isn't a person who would lie so i beleive him!

my cousin will be call "X"

and friend would be called "F"

So one night they were partying...drinking typical college night....

my cousin wasn't drinking but he would outside for a smoke with his friend who was kind of drunk...

they were smoking outside the the font of the house...it was really dark out and the only light was from their house

suddenly F ask my cousin X if he heard someone talking? X says no...but he stops to listen...

he heard two people talking quietly or mumbling..he couldn't make out what they were saying but two people were diffidently talking.

it sound like the talking was getting closer and closer to them it was getting louder and louder but not any clearly. X was starting to freak out a bit but he also thought it was maybe people inside the party...suddenly the talking stopped and he looked down to his feet and saw two black cats walking pass him and then disappearing into the dark streets again...they both ran inside the house scared.

here is a story that happened to me...they happened maybe over a year ago

I was at my Aunt's house we were very close with my cousins...

they live in a two story house but it was those house split in the middle? where the basement wasn't a basement but another living room n such..do yall know what i mean? anyways we were practicing dancing downstairs to wondergirl's so hot me and my cousin while my little brother and my other cousin were playing game downstairs in his room. no one was upstairs..my mom has a really strong sense with ghost n stuff

and she always say she doesn't like their house n would never really wanna go there unless she has too..so it scares us too of course

after dancing for 45 min or so i was really thirsty n told my brother to go with up to get a drink he did...we grabbed a water bottled n

he started running down the stairs i got scared and ran too but right before i hit the stairs I SWEAR TO GOD! i saw two white almost transparent pair of legs hanging from the ceiling! i didn't think much n kept running..after we went home i told my brother about it and a week later

i told my cousin and she(sees a lot of ghost..gifted? hah i dunno) but she says she also see those pair of legs but she sees it in their kitchen

their kitchen has those screen light on the ceiling in the center and she say she sees it there all the time!

I was just like WTF! i was so scared to go back to their place but you know we had to dance n stuff haha so i went back same thing happen i got thirsty but this time her parents was upstairs in their room....i ran to the kitchen grabbed water and ran back but between the kitchen and stiars

they had a hallway leading ot the bathroom, my cousin's room, parent's and youngest son' room. i saw a little boy standing by the brother's room holding onto the doorknob! i ran like crazy down stairs! i was sooooooo scared!

but cousin tells me all the stuff she sees in the house and its super scary that i dont wanna go there no more! haha

Guest Shinobi_baka_chan

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->this thread is awesome! i wish there books on these

btw where do you guys here these stories?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->also i know some but they're not korean so is that ok?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Hmong story about "looking under your armpit" trick apparently it is supposed to be best way to spot a ghost because you catch them unexpectedly

There was this rather rich Hmong guy back in Laos - he was rich enough to own his own horse. I don't remember why exactly, but he went down the mountains and into the city to celebrate and have a good time. After the sun had set and it started getting dark, he thought it would be wise to get back home to his village.

So he mounted his horse and began trotting back home. But about halfway there, it was really dark - almost midnight - and he realized he should stop and rest soon. However, the bad thing is, there weren't that many houses out in the middle of nowhere between the city and village, so he was pretty much screwed.

He kept traveling forwards for a little more ways, until he saw this tiny little house he hadn't seen before. He tied up his horse and walked inside (those old Hmong houses don't have doors) and he was like, "Hey, is anybody in here?" Then this extremely beautiful Hmong girl came out to greet him, and he was like -eek -love He asked her if he could stay the night, and seeing as how hospital (spelling?) Hmong people are, she said yes.

Now, being the total pimp that this guy was (and we all know how horny Hmong guys are), he seduced the girl and got her to sleep with him. I don't really know the details, but the two of them had some hot wild fobbish sex -thumbup

And then afterwards, as he was laying in bed with the sleeping beautiful girl, he began to get this funny feeling inside of his stomach. Remembering that old OG trick of "looking under your armpit", the guy raised up his arm and looked behind him through his armpit at the sleeping girl, and what he saw made his skin pop up with goosebumps - the woman wasn't a woman anymore.. instead she was a rotting corpse, with worms and maggots crawling through her eye sockets.

This startled the guy and he jolted up in bed, which woke up the woman, and she was like, "What's wrong?" The guy knew he had to escape, and he had to think of a plan fast, so he said to her, "Uh.. I have to go... take a pee" The woman was smart though and immediately sensed something was wrong, so she said to him, "Alright, you can go pee.. but give me the end of your belt tied to your pants, so I know you're not going far"

The guy was really scared by now, but he quickly got an idea. The woman didn't have any eyes, so he was guessing she couldn't see. He slipped off his belt, tied one end of it around his water cantine that he had with him, and leaned it on the ground so water was slowly trickling out the tip. He gave the other end of the belt to the woman, who grabbed onto it tightly. Then, very very quietly, he slowly sneaked out of the house as the water trickled out of the cantine, making it sound like he was peeing.

When the guy got outside, he hurriedly untied his horse and jumped on - just in time to hear the woman give a blood curling shriek as she found out he wasn't there. She bursted through the house entrance, her true form revealed - a greenish red rotting corpse demon - right as the guy yelled "YAH!" and his horse galloped away.

He never looked behind him once as he galloped away as fast as he could, back into the city. He found the nearest shaman temple that he could, ran inside, got down onto his knees, and prayed and prayed and prayed.

credits: <a href="http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52094" target="_blank">DangerBoy @ AsianFinest Forum</a>

Lol he slept with a corpse.... I only saw different versions of the movie and never heard the story but I think the movies were based off of the story

Archived