The Exorcist

Guest MisaPWNs

Guest MisaPWNs

My friend said she'll never watch it. Now it's making me want to watch it lol... Why is it so scary?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NotFromThisPlanet

Personally, I dont think that movie was scary at all. I think that if you compare it to movies nowadays its about as creepy as an episode of the X-Files. It was probably scary back when it was released.

Guest OBSCURE Sin

It isnt scary at all. Of course, back in the 70s when it was released, it was rather unique and it terrified people. But by today's standards its rather silly.

I found it a little too drawn out.

Guest ANJEE<3

i didn't find it "scary" at all.. and it's really nothing compared to today's standards... but it was a little daunting.. like freaky.. that's about it

Guest Hazy

I'm still freaked out from watching that movie a few years ago - it's just REALLY supernatural and lifelike. Well, IMO anyway.

Guest stellabella

The old one is actually quite silly...I laughed a lot. It's not so much that it's scary, but more that some of the things they show are shocking.

The scary part is THINKING that exorcism can actually happen. I don't know if it really can, but thinking about everything after the movie, especially when you're sleeping, terrified the living hell out of me.

Guest ~LovelyGirl~

I was quiet young when I watched the movie..about 10 so yah I was scared. That's what I remembered.

I haven't watched it afterwards so I don't know if it's still that scary though.

Actually it's not the scary type of movie that you'll cover your eyes through out the movie cause I wasnt doing that but it's the thought that it can and may happen to you in real life. It's creepy, I guess that's the best word to describe the movie.

Guest sweet_treats1812

my relatives said it was scary for people when it first aired back in those days, but when my sister and i watched it, we were just :huh:

like, duh? was that it? :unsure: so no~ it doesnt even qualify as scary for me..

Guest Solly

as a matter of fact, i find the older one better than the newer one. the newer one sucked like no other. the older one scared me because like the above person said, it seemed more real. the recent one made the scary parts too much which makes it seem fake. watch the older one. it really is not that bad, the plot is far better than the recent one. i'm a horror lover, so the american horror movies don't scare me as much as the asian horror movies. xDDDDD

-S0LLY ^3^

Guest HeffyEnd

Old movies can absolutely be scary. Infact, old horror films scare me more. Because they're not ruined by CGI and recycled plots. The 1922 version of Nosferatu was way creepier than almost anything I've seen that's been released in the last 15 years. But I guess some people are just more scared when derranged men are sawing off peoples legs or when "scary" asian kids are popping up out of nowhere every ten minutes.

ANYWAY, The Exorcist didn't scare me, probably because hardly any horror films do. Except that one scene where she ran down the stairs backwards lol. But yeah, I'd say it's about 20x scarier than most "horror" films nowadays though.

Archived