Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

*** On May 29th, Song Seung Hun appeared as a guest on 'Radio Star'. When the MCs mentioned that his movie 'Obsessed', which also starred Lim Jiyeon, recently gaining popularity again after the huge success of 'The Glory', he raised on the topic of shooting a bed scene with her in the movie.He explained, "Since it's acting, there are no personal emotions involved. It's not a sweet atmosphere as one might imagine. While the audience might watch while holding their breath, during filming, the set is full of staff, so there's no room for personal feelings. It was Jiyeon's debut work. But as 'The Glory' became successful, its ranking has risen again. Song Hye Kyo, who starred in 'The Glory' with Lim Jiyeon, also starred with me in 'Autumn in My Heart.'"   :heart3:

20240530_044444_837_%20star.jpeg

source : Gstarlive

Song Seung Heon Opens Up About Filming Love Scenes With Lim Ji Yeon in Movie ‘Obsessed’

BF.36877772.1.jpg

Song Seung Heon talked about his steamy love scene with Lim Ji Yeon.

Appearing on MBC’s variety show Radio Star alongside Lee Si Eon, Oh Yeon Seo, and Jang Gyu Ri, Song Seung Heon opened up about filming intimate scenes in the movie Obsessed.

“Since it’s acting, there’s no room for personal feelings to be involved,” he explained. “The mood on set isn’t as romantic as you might think. The audience might have watched with bated breath, but there are so many staff members around when we’re filming that it’s hard to get swept away in the moment.”

Song Seung Heon also mentioned that Obsessed is experiencing a resurgence in popularity. “That was actually Lim Ji Yeon’s debut movie. It’s cool to see it climbing the charts again after the success of The Glory,” he said with pride. He then pointed out a connection, saying, “Her co-star in The Glory, Song Hye Kyo, also worked with me in Autumn in My Heart. Good things happen to my co-stars.”

Marriage came up, and Song Seung Heon admitted, “The thought of getting married has always been there. I definitely want to settle down. Seeing my friends and colleagues with their families makes me a little jealous.”

This confession triggered a matchmaking attempt from Lee Si Eon. “When I was on I Live Alone, I was looking for a used luxury watch for my wife because I had little money back then. One day, Han Hye Jin came to Narae’s place with a Chanel watch. She said she’d sell it to me, but then never mentioned the price. Months later, she just said to keep it. I guess she planned to give it to me all along. That’s why I always jump whenever she calls.”

Lee Si Eon, clearly wanting to repay this favor, continued, “Now, I don’t know how Hye Jin would feel about this, but her mom keeps asking me to set her daughter up. Honestly, there aren’t many options left—everyone’s married already. But then it hit me!” Lee Si Eon gestured dramatically toward Song Seung Heon.

“Just throwing it out there,” he said casually. “If you’re not interested, just say no and look at the camera.” Song Seung Heon, clearly flustered, stammered, “Wait, what? We’ve never even discussed this, and you’re bringing it up here, out of the blue? Without talking to Hye Jin first…?” He trailed off, unable to finish his thought.

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/312/0000664375?cid=1073787

*** Also, during episode of MBC's "Radio  Star  where Song Seung Hun joined as a guest, he brought up his parents' striking looks. During the show, fellow guest Lee Si Eon could not help but praise Song Seung Hun's appearance, revealing, "Even before Seungheon's debut, he would attract crowds whenever he was out in public. Dozens of people would gather outside the restaurant he was in, just to catch a glimpse of him. His reputation for good looks preceded his fame in the entertainment industry." Then, the hosts showcased photos of Song Seung Hun's parents, previously shared by him on Instagram. The internet was abuzz when these photos surfaced, especially with his father bearing a striking resemblance to Hyun Bin. Song Seung Hun remarked, "Those photos caused quite a stir when I first shared them. Especially my father's. But personally, I believe my mother is the true beauty among them. She's absolutely beautiful." The host Kim Gu-ra chimed in, "Your father is so handsome. He also doesn't seem Korean." To which Song Seung Hun replied, "Many people have made that observation about my dad. But he's as Korean as he gets." When Lee Si Eon questioned, "Is your older brother as good-looking?" Song Seung Hun confidently asserted, "I have an older sister and brother, but I'd say I'm the most handsome one out of all." Another host, Kim Guk-jin, nodded in agreement, stating, "Well, yeah. I mean, how can anyone surpass this level of attractiveness?"   :heart2:

201938965_700.webp

source : SBS Star

June 2024 K-drama schedule:  8 exciting shows to check out

Numerous K-dramas will be premiering in June 2024. From romance to comedy to thriller, series varying from multiple genres would be airing. Fans eagerly anticipate the release as the brilliant star cast comes together for intriguing plots by incredible directors and scriptwriters.

1. The Player 2: Master of Swindlers

• Genre: Action, comedy, crime
  • Cast: Song Seung Heon, Oh Yeon Seo, Tae Won Seok, Lee Si Eon, Jang Gyi Ri
  • Director: Go Jae Hyun, So Jae Hyun
  • Writer: Park Sang Moon 
  • Number of episodes: 12
  • Date of release: June 3, 2024
  • Network: tvN

The Player 2: Master of Swindlers revolves around people who are the best players in their fields. All of them have their specialties which are different from one another. They team up to fulfill their goal of getting money from the rich which they have gotten illegally. They are scammers, hackers, fighters, drivers, and more, and plan and execute cons and heists. 

The prequel, Player, aired from September 2018 to November 2018. The drama featured Song Seung Hoon, Krystal Jung, Kim Won Hae, Lee Si Eon, and Tae Won Seok. 

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/june-2024-k-drama-schedule-from-hierarchy-to-my-sweet-mobster-8-exciting-shows-to-check-out-1311263

3 Reasons To Anticipate The Premiere Of "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers"

20240602115839_20240507085838_the-player

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” has shared reasons to anticipate the drama ahead of its premiere!

The highly-anticipated sequel to OCN’s hit 2018 series “The Player,” “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is a heist drama about a squad of talented swindlers who target the wealthy and corrupt by stealing dirty money that has been obtained through illegal means.

Song Seung Heon will be reprising his role as the slick con artist Kang Ha Ri, who is the mastermind behind the squad’s elaborate schemes. Lee Si Eon will also reprise his role as the brilliant hacker Lim Byung Min, while Tae Won Suk will return as top-notch fighter Do Jin Woong.

Ahead of the premiere, “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” shared three reasons to anticipate the upcoming drama.

1. The ultimate teamwork

player-2-.jpeg

The drama raises anticipation for the synergy between talented actors Song Seung Heon, Oh Yeon Seo, Lee Si Eon, Tae Won Suk, and Jang Gyuri. From a genius con artist to a brilliant hacker, top-notch fighter, new driver, and a mysterious woman, the five unique characters raise anticipation for their teamwork, refreshing chemistry, and diverse stories to come.

2. More powerful villains'

the-player-2-2.jpeg

Charismatic con artist Kang Ha Ri, who dealt with villains in his own way, will receive a proposal from the enigmatic woman Jung Soo Min (Oh Yeon Seo) and tackle a new case, leading a new plan to deliver justice with the motley crew of Lim Byung Min, Do Jin Woong, and Cha Jae Yi (Jang Gyuri), who have gathered together for the common goal of money and revenge.

Although the villains threaten the crew with greater evil than before, the players will also move more meticulously and bolder than before.

3. Extravagant action scenes and special appearances

Spoiler

20240529074359_krystal-the-player-2.jpeg

Another point to anticipate in the upcoming drama will be the extravagant action scenes of the crew chasing and sweeping up the villains. The viewers can look forward to car chases, hand-to-hand combat, and fighting scenes using weapons.

Furthermore, in addition to scenes filmed in Thailand, special appearances from Kim Young Chul, Nana, Ryu Hwa Young, Lee Soo Hyuk, Jun Hyun Moo, Tae In Ho, and Heo Sung Tae further raise anticipation for the spectacular story to come.

“The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” will premiere on June 3 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

credit : soompi news

***In the teaser for SBS' "My Little Old Boy,"  Song Seung Hun  gets honest and mentions his plans for settling down. Song Seung Hun opened up about his relationship status and mentioned his first love. For quite a long while now, I was often curious about his personal life, especially his relationship. He also revealed that he would get love advice from the comedian host, Shin Dong Yeop. The MC asked Song Seung Hun about his plans for marriage. According to him, he "always declared" that he would be settling down within 3 years but is currently single. He responded and said, "If I can't go within 3 years, this time, I have to come out," causing laughter. Here, he also revealed a shocking story about his first love that even his best friend Shin Dong Yeop has never heard of. "As soon as he saw her, her fireworks exploded," Song Seung Hun said, describing the feeling of his first big love. This episode of SBS' "My Little Old Boy," was aired on June 2nd (last night) at 9:05 PM KST. Song Seung Hun has been involved in various dating rumors, some even with his co-stars like Song Hye Kyo, and Son Ye Jin.   :Ohboy3:

*** TODAY is D-Day!  tvN’s upcoming drama The Player 2: Master of Swindlers has shared new still cut ahead of the premiere, which will be TONIGHT!   The first episode of “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” airs tonight at 8:50 p.m. KST.   :Fist1:

song-seung-heon-still.jpg

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/241/0003354868

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Song Seung Heon, Lee Si Eon, And Tae Won Suk Encounter Trouble In "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers"

20240603024342_the-player-2-new-still.jp

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” has shared new stills ahead of the premiere!

The sequel to OCN’s hit 2018 series “The Player,” “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is a heist drama about a squad of talented swindlers who target the wealthy and corrupt by stealing dirty money that has been obtained through illegal means.

In the drama, genius con artist Kang Ha Ri (Song Seung Heon) is known for outsmarting villains who use unfair methods to inflate their wealth. With his exceptional intellect, he devises schemes to outwit them. Teaming up with skilled individuals like hacker Lim Byung Min (Lee Si Eon) and fighter Do Jin Woong (Tae Won Suk), they work together to bring about justice in their own unique way.

Kang Ha Ri, notably known for taking down the mastermind behind his father’s death and the root of social corruption in Season 1, maintains his focus on apprehending only the most vile criminals targeting innocent victims in Season 2.

Gaining recognition as a vigilante, he pledges to engage viewers with his powerful deeds, offering relief from their frustrations and building anticipation.

The newly released stills depict the hustlers facing an unforeseen crisis. Lim Byung Min and Do Jin Woong, bound and distressed, display expressions of agony and despair, while Kang Ha Ri looks bewildered as he points a gun at his own head, hinting at a profound sense of apprehension.

lee-si-eon-still.jpg

Spoiler

tae-won-suk-still.jpg

song-seung-heon-still.jpg

The first episode of “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” airs tonight at 8:50 p.m. KST.

*** I've watched the part 1 of this drama and it’s always fun to see favorite characters return to the screen, and I like that this sequel didn’t ride on hype. With most of the original cast returning, there are some new ladies joining the cast as well.

I’m expecting a fun action show. Action with a side of comedy seems to the ‘in’ genre for this year.   :hypehype:

Premiere TONIGHT: Player 2 – Master of Swindlers

Time slot: Monday-Tuesday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Action, crime, caper
Episode count: 12
Global streamer: Viki

*** During Song Seung Hun's appearance on SBS's television show "My Little Old Boy,"  Song Seung Hun shared why he deeply regrets posting a photo of his father, revealing just how handsome he is. During the show, one of the hosts Seo Jang Hoon asked him about his relationship with his family, specifically with his father. He responded, "It's not like we're awkward with each other, but he's a very silent type. He doesn't really express his feelings much. I think I actually take that after him a bit." Seo Jang Hoon then mentioned how the world went wild over a photo of his father when it was first released a few years back. He said with a chuckle, "Yeah, I remember there were lots of comments about how handsome my father is. Some even said I don't look even 1 percent as good-looking as him. Seeing those comments, I regretted posting his photo on my Instagram." Seo Jang Hoon asked, "Has he ever commented on your appearance?" and he replied, "He's never said it out loud, but I can sense that he thinks I'm not as good-looking as him. He probably thinks, 'Your looks are nothing compared to mine when I was young.'" As he finished his sentence, the production team showed the hosts some childhood photos of him. Impressed, Seo Jang Hoon commented, "You must have been really popular in your neighborhood. Was there ever a time when you felt your popularity?" He laughed and said, "I'm not sure... I don't recall a particular time." When Seo Jang Hoon insisted he think about it, he shyly smiled and said, "Well, whenever I walked past the girls-only classroom, I would hear loud screams."   :cheers:

201940243_700.webp

201940242_700.webp

*** The ratings battle for Monday-Tuesday dramas is heating up! "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers" joins ratings race. According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere episode of tvN’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.2 percent.   :blush:

source : http://www.celuvmedia.com/article.php?aid=1717454913478113006

*** Comedian Shin Dong-yeob shared a funny story about the baby daughter of Lee Byung Hun and his wife, Lee Min-jung during RAIN guested on his YouTube show 'Zzanbro'. During the show, they talked about their close friends, Lee Byung Hun and Song Seung Hun, and how humorous they are in real life when they seem serious on TV. "I find Byung Hun and Seung Hun hilarious.", Shin Dong-yeob said, "Seung Hun revealed that side of him a little during his recent guest appearance here." RAIN said Lee Byung Hun is the funniest member of their friend group, including Shin Dong-yeob, Song Seung Hun,  and PSY. Then, Shin Dong-yeob talked about his recent visit to Lee Byung Hun's house, where he and Song Seung Hun met his adorable baby girl. "Byung Hun, Seung Hun, and I were drinking outside that day, and Byung Hun suggested continuing the fun at his place. When we got there, the baby was asleep. Lee Min-jung woke the baby to get her dressed in a pretty outfit, which made her cry.", the comedian said. "Lee Min-jung held the baby in her arms to soothe her, but she continued to cry. I tried baby talk to help the baby feel better, but it had no effect. 'Oh, she's just upset because I disturbed her sleep and changed her clothes.', Lee Min-jung told me." "Seung Hun then came to see the baby. 'Aww!', he exclaimed as he waved his hands at her. Then, instantly, the baby stopped crying.", Shin Dong-yeob said, and RAIN added, "Wow, even a baby can recognize good looks!" "She stopped crying and started playing shyly!", the comedian playfully exclaimed, mimicking the baby's reaction to Song Seung Hun. "Lee Min-jung was taken aback, like, 'Oh, my. Why is she doing that??'.", Shin Dong-yeob concluded, and the entire table erupted in applause and laughter.   :cutekitty:

201940791_700.webp

7+ New K-Dramas To Add To Your Watch List In June 2024

20240605013316_june-dramas-2.jpg?s=900x6

It’s time to welcome summer with a new batch of K-dramas to check out in June!

These are some new K-dramas of this month to check out:

The Player 2: Master of Swindlers

player-2.jpeg

Korean Title: “플레이어2: 꾼들의 전쟁”

Cast: Song Seung Heon, Oh Yeon Seo, Lee Si Eon, Tae Won Suk, Jang Gyuri

Premiere Date: June 3

Broadcast Details: Mondays and Tuesdays at 8:50 p.m. KST on tvN, available on Viki

The sequel to OCN’s hit 2018 series “The Player,” “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is a heist drama about a squad of talented swindlers who target the wealthy and corrupt by stealing dirty money that has been obtained through illegal means.

Watch “The Player 2”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

*** On June 3, a new video was uploaded on "Jewel Box," entertainer Hong Seok-chun's YouTube channel. In this episode, Song Seungheon appeared as a guest, and who, openly homosexual Hong Seok-chun, referred to as his type.
Here, Song Seungheon revealed an intriguing story behind his debut. During their conversation, Hong Seok-chun reminisced about the time he first fell for Song Seungheon, saying, "I remember the advertisement you debuted with. I completely fell in love with you after seeing that! During their conversation, Hong Seok-chun reminisced about the time he first fell for Song Seungheon, saying, "I remember the advertisement you debuted with. I completely fell in love with you after seeing that!" This was before I came out. One day, I was heading to a gay bar in Jongno. I got off at Jongno 3-ga subway station and walked up the stairs. As I was going up, I noticed this handsome guy on a huge billboard. It was an advertisement for a clothing brand. I couldn't believe how good-looking he was. That was Song Seungheon." Song Seungheon responded, "Yeah, what you saw was my very first job in this industry. I wasn't a model before that. I used to work part-time at a café. Designers from a clothing brand came to the café one day for a company gathering, noticed me, and gave me their business card, saying they were looking for a new model. When I went to their headquarters for an audition, there were already two model candidates sitting there. They were Won Bin and So Jisub." Hong Seok-chun then asked, "But Won Bin wasn't in the advertisement. I remember seeing only you and Jisub." Song Seungheon explained, "Yes, Won Bin didn't pass the audition. Only Jisub and I got the parts."   Curious, Song Seungheon then asked, "Just out of curiosity, between me and Jisub, who is more your type?" Hong Seok-chun laughed and replied, "It would be you! I used to tell everyone that Lee Jung Jae was my type, but one day, he told me at a private gathering, 'Isn't it time you stopped saying that? Please stop.' From that day, I started saying it was you, because you were next in line!" With a laugh, Song Seungheon said, "I think it's about time you stop that as well. It's been like 10 years now. You need to find someone else." Hong Seok-chun responded immediately, "Alright, don't worry. I already have someone in mind. It's Cha Eun-woo. We filmed 'Law of the Jungle' together during his early debut days, and you know what? I couldn't sleep the whole time I was filming with him. I'll start saying that he's my type from now on," which made Song Seungheon satisfied.  :Megalol:   :emmm:

201941411_700.webp

201941410_700.webp

*** tvN’s “The Player 2: Master of Swindlershas shared new stills ahead of its upcoming episode, which is TONIGHT! The third episode of “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” airs tonight at 8:50 p.m. KST. :foryou:

song-seung-heon-the-player-2.jpg

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/311/0001735258

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Song Seung Heon, Tae Won Suk, And Lee Joon Hyuk Meticulously Devise A Strategy In "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers"

20240610020148_the-player-2-still.jpg?s=

tvN’s “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” has shared new stills ahead of its upcoming episode!

The highly-anticipated sequel to OCN’s hit 2018 series “The Player,” “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is a heist drama about a squad of talented swindlers who target the wealthy and corrupt by stealing dirty money that has been obtained through illegal means.

Song Seung Heon returns as the cunning con artist Kang Ha Ri, the brains behind the squad’s intricate schemes. Lee Si Eon reprises his role as the skilled hacker Lim Byung Min, and Tae Won Suk returns as fighter Do Jin Woong. Oh Yeon Seo joins as Jung Soo Min, a mysterious figure who lures Kang Ha Ri back into the game.

Spoilers

Previously, Kang Ha Ri teamed up with Jung Soo Min, agreeing to erase the players’ criminal records and wanted notices. They returned to Korea and took on a case assigned by Soo Min, working to bring justice, and they uncovered evidence of drug distribution linked to a club tied to a major entertainment agency. The crew raided the club, gathering evidence and witnesses. However, they face a crisis as CEO Kim Yoon Gi (Park Gun Hyung), with police ties, threatens to bury the truth deeper.

In the upcoming episode, the squad unveils a clever strategy to shake things up. In the newly released stills, Kang Ha Ri’s sharp gaze as he outlines the plan and Do Jin Woong’s firm resolve exude remarkable intensity, grabbing attention.

Additionally, glimpses of Director Hwang In Sik’s (Lee Joon Hyuk’s) determined expression, who welcomed the squad along with Jung Soo Min, raise anticipation for his performance.

As they gear up for decisive action, an unexpected figure is poised to emerge. The appearance of someone capable of stunning even Kang Ha Ri, renowned for his cunning tactics as a con artist who outwits villains, raises questions about the success of this operation.

Spoiler

song-seung-heon-the-player-2.jpg

tae-won-suk-the-player-2.jpg

lee-joon-hyuk-the-player-2.jpg

The third episode of “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” airs tonight at 8:50 p.m. KST.

*** Players 2 makes a decent premiere.  :ilike:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 3-9, 2024

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-3-9-2024/

Monday, June 3      
Crash 7 ENA 5.1%
Dare to Love Me 7 KBS 1.1%
Player 2 – Master of Swindlers 1 tvN 4.2%

Tuesday, June 4      
Crash 8 ENA 5.9%
Dare to Love Me 8 KBS 1.1%
Player 2 – Master of Swindlers 2 tvN 4.0%