Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

4 hours ago, Mari95 said:

Lee Gyoum

Hi Mari, thanks for sharing more captures from his current drama. :lol:

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Saimdang: Light's Diary" Episode 24

photo840830.jpg

Try as I might it's surprisingly difficult to parse the motives of any of the antagonists in "Saimdang: Light's Diary". This is especially awkward since the drama is now at the climax and everyone's getting there comeuppance/unjust victory. Headmistress Choi is jealous. It's dumb but it makes sense. Everyone else? Chi-hyeon is evil for the sake of being evil. Won-soo hates his wife and apparently his children too. King Jungjong is...I don't know, suddenly not appreciative of art any more?

But then really, the answer to any given "why" is pretty simple. Because it's whatever outcome is specifically designed to make Saimdang the most perpetually miserable. I don't doubt that Saimdang's life had a lot of low points. Everyone does. What specifically makes "Saimdang: Light's Diary" so frustrating is that it goes beyond the plausible and simply makes up horrible melodramatic nonsense for the sole purpose of inspiring us to pity Saimdang and everyone unfortunate enough to be in close proximity to her.

What was the production team thinking here? Why does Saimdang's desire to paint Mount Kumgang have to come from horrific pathos and tragedy? Why couldn't Saimdang paint Mount Kumgang because she likes painting and Mount Kumgang is a very beautiful landscape? "Saimdang: Light's Diary" is all the bad parts of "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" with none of the good bits. At least in the latter drama we got to see Korea's most famous scientist do science every once in awhile in appropriate context.

More than its simple sheer badness, though, the repetiton in "Saimdang: Light's Diary" is what really gets to me. Chi-hyeon dies, and Headmistress Choi is finally brought to justice, not because what they're doing here is any worse or any different than anything they've done already, but because there's only four episodes left in the drama and the loose ends have to be tied up. I guess I should be thankful that they won't be interfering with the plot anymore.

I'm probably going to regret writing that, though, since now the only remaining conflict of any note is the tragedy of Saimdang having to live with her undeserving husband rather than Lee Gyum, the sensitive artist warrior beloved by the common people. I hate that I always have to write about that. First time I saw Lee Gyum, all I wanted to know was how the guy got to Italy, not how cool he was.

Review by William Schwartz

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" is directed by Yoon Sang-ho, written by Park Eun-ryeong and features Lee Young-ae, Song Seung-heon, Oh Yoon-ah, Park Hye-soo, Yoon Ye-joo, Yoon Da-hoon and Kim Hae-sook.

Episode 24

Watch on DramaFever

credit : Hancinema

• Like 2

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" Lee Young-ae leaves Song Seung-heon

photo840781.jpg

Lee Young-ae left Song Seung-heon.

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Saimdang: Light's Diary", Saimdang (Lee Young-ae) left Lee Gyeom (Song Seung-heon).

Joong-jong ordered for Eui Seong-gun to be captured and framed for treason. He also ordered for the paper printing which Saimdang and the nomads were running, to be closed. Saimdang found out Lee Gyeom was about to die for treason and saw her husband Lee Won-soo (Yoon Da-hoon) at home with his mistress Kwon (Kim Min-hee-II).

Saimdang cried in sorrow and her son told her to leave for Geumkang Mountain which she longed so much. She left and found peace by drawing. Lee Gyeom headed for the mountains later and met Saimdang and asked to be with her for four days.

They spent a nice time drawing together. However, Saimdang left a letter for Lee Gyeom and left him in the middle of the night. She said if she left with Lee Gyeom, her children would have to live in a scandal forever and that she wasn't sure she would be able to go on as a mother who abandoned her children. She said she wouldn't regret choosing the life of a mother.

She then promised to love him in the next life and said she 'loved' him. Lee Gyeom cried her name.

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

No Song Seung Heon in Episode 25. :bawling: 

I really don't like Saimdang. This is the worst SSH drama.

Sorry i always complaint. But this is really disappointed. I'm as a fan waiting for 4 years to watch his new drama. 

SSH acting in this drama is good. But the storyline only focus for Lee Young Ae. The story is also ridiculous, 

• Like 1

10 Wealthiest Korean Stars In Terms Of Real Estate Holdings

Wealth can be measured in various ways, and real estate is a prime example.

During its April 18 broadcast, SBS’s “Night of Real Entertainment” took a look at the 10 Korean celebrities who currently hold the most amount of real estate, after recent news of Jun Ji Hyun’s recent purchase of a multi-million dollar building in the Gangnam district of Seoul.

The actress now holds 77 billion won (approximately $67.7 million) worth of real estate, making her the second wealthiest in terms of property holdings. In a previous assessment back in 2014, Jun Ji Hyun was notably the only female in the list of wealthy stars based on similar factors, and had placed seventh at the time.

SM Entertainment’s founder Lee Soo Man maintains his spot in first place, with 110 billion won (approximately $96.6 million) in real estate, while YG Entertainment’s founder Yang Hyun Suk also continues in third place, holding around 53.1 billion won (approximately $46.7 million) of property.

Singers Rain and Seo Taiji are in fourth and fifth place, with holdings worth 43.8 billion won (approximately $38.5 million) and 41 billion won (approximately $36 million) respectively.

Actors Jang Geun SukJo Jae HyunKwon Sang Woo, and Song Seung Hun follow in sixth, seventh, eighth, and ninth place, respectively. Jang Geun Suk owns 38 billion won (approximately $33.4 million) in real estate, Jo Jae Hyun owns 36 billion won (approximately $31.6 million), Kwon Sang Woo owns 35 billion won (approximately $30.8 million), while Song Seung Hun owns 33.4 billion won (approximately $29.3 milllion).

In 10th place is entertainer and retired athlete Seo Jang Hoon, whose property holdings worth 30.9 billion won (approximately $27.2 million) were recently revealed to the public.

Are you surprised by these results?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2017 at 11:40 AM, willenette said:

For me first time I watch saimdang fall in love with SSH  just follow korean drama lately ...watch few of his drama overnight become obsessed with him watch that movie also.

I find his eyes so sincere that is why he can stay long in this industry.

Maybe many people don't like saimdang but for me it's true and painful love between saimdang and yi gyeom really made me cry also when he cry.

On 24/03/2017 at 11:40 AM, willenette said:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Daisyrathbone said:

Hi Daisyrathbone, thanks for sharing the link.  Although the drama has weak results throughout its run in South Korea, I heard that it has managed to earn a net profit from its strong performance overseas. Thanks to the star power of Song Seung-heon. I read that the drama earned 17 billion won (US$15 million) via distribution in seven countries, including in China, Japan and Taiwan. The show is the most viewed program on Taiwan's GTV since its premiere. Same thing in HongKong, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia. Exports seem to have played a big role. The show was ultimately blocked in China. But they had already paid the Korean production company for the rights for Chinese distribution. :(

• Like 1

On 4/21/2017 at 8:01 AM, Mari95 said:

No Song Seung Heon in Episode 25. :bawling: 

I really don't like Saimdang. This is the worst SSH drama.

Sorry i always complaint. But this is really disappointed. I'm as a fan waiting for 4 years to watch his new drama. 

SSH acting in this drama is good. But the storyline only focus for Lee Young Ae. The story is also ridiculous, 

Hi Mari, ratings for this drama are so sad. It ended with only 28-EPs aired from the scheduled 30 filmed. The original 30EPs was broadcast internationally, though.  I really don’t dig historical genres because I have little understanding of K-historical figures. But, watching some EPs mainly for SSH. So sad that she couldn’t achieve success in her comeback drama while so bad for SSH to be in it. The posters for this drama were beautiful, though. :lol:

• Like 1

These Are Korea’s TOP 11 Sexiest Actors Over 30 Years Old

These 11 actors may have all left their 20s behind them, but that definitely doesn’t mean they’re not still total heartthrobs.

While most actors are considered most attractive during their 20s, these 11 men are proving that this isn’t always the case. They have taken being sexy to a completely new level—and they’re all over 30 years old.

Check out 11of the hottest Korean actors that are over 30 years old below:

5. Song Seung Heon 

It may seem impossible for Son Seung Heon to be 40 years old, but he is, and he looks incredibly good too.

SongSeungheon.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Song Seung Heon’s Agency Addresses Rumors About Breakup With Liu Yi Fei

Liu-Yi-Fei-Song-Seung-Heon.jpg

Song Seung Heon shut down rumors that he has broken up with actress Liu Yi Fei.

On May 27, a source from his agency said, “The reports by Chinese reports that Song Seung Heon broke up with Liu Yi Fei are untrue. They are still happily dating.” They emphasized, “This isn’t the first time they were wrapped up in breakup rumors. In particular, the reports that the breakup was due to the Chinese ban on Korean cultural content is simply wrong.”

The statement was made after a Chinese media outlet reported on May 25 that the couple had broken up. They had reported that the two had become awkward with each other after the Korean cultural content ban and that Korean netizens were against him dating her. They had also said that Song Seung Heon ended the relationship to bring back the fans who left him.

Meanwhile, Song Seung Heon and Liu Yi Fei have been in a public relationship since 2015 after meeting on the set of the movie “Third Love.” They were swept up in breakup rumors multiple times in the past as well.

Song Seung Hun and Liu Yi Fei once again deny baseless breakup rumors, still going strong

song-seung-hun

Song Seung Hun and his label Better Ent. strongly denied another wave of baseless breakup rumors with Chinese actress Liu Yi Fei on May 27.

This past May 25, Chinese media outlets claimed that the couple broke up after suffering a rift in their relationship as a result of the THAAD issue, and that Song Seung Hun's Korean fans "were heavily against the actor continuing to date a Chinese actress." The news went even further, reporting, "Song Seung Hun recently sent Liu Yi Fei a one-sided breakup message... the reason for their breakup being that they cannot bring each other happiness." 

Song Seung Hun's side has stepped up to reveal, "The recent Chinese reports stating Song Seung Hun and Liu Yi Fei have broken up are completely false. They are still meeting well. This isn't the first time Chinese media outlets have reported false breakup news. The claims that they broke up because of THAAD is especially untrue." 

Song Seung Hun and Liu Yi Fei have been a public celebrity couple since 2015. 

12 Hottest male celebs to start their names with 'Seung'

misc

1. Google+

'Seungri' means win and these men definitely won the gene pool lottery when they were dubbed with names that started with 'Seung'!  Check out this eye candy name edition!

Cha Seung Won

misc_1463079463_e_chaseungwon.jpg

Jo Seung Woo

misc_1463079465_e_joseungwoo.jpg

Kang Seung Yoon

misc_1463079467_e_kangseungyoon.jpg

Lee Seung Gi

misc_1463079469_e_leeseunggi.jpg

Lee Seung Hoon

misc_1463079471_e_leeseunghoon.jpg

Seung Ho

misc_1463079473_e_seungho.jpg

Seunghyun

misc_1463079475_e_seunghyun.jpg

Seungri/Lee Seung Hyun

misc_1463079477_e_seungri.jpg

Song Seung Hun

misc_1463079477_e_songseunghun.jpg

Choi Seung Hyun (T.O.P)

misc_1463079478_e_Top.jpg

Yoo Seung Ho

misc_1463079478_e_yooseungho.jpg

Yoo Seung Woo

misc_1463079479_e_yooseungwoo.jpg

Who's your favorite 'Seung'?

Song Seung Heon And Go Ara Considering Lead Roles In OCN’s New Grim Reaper Drama

Song-Seung-Heon-Go-Ara.jpg

Song Seung Heon and Go Ara are in talks for an upcoming OCN drama called “Black.”

On June 8, both of their agencies stated that the two actors are currently looking over the roles.

“Black” is about a grim reaper who gets erased from the memories of the world for breaking the rules and falling in love with a woman after borrowing a human’s body. It is set to air after the upcoming drama “Save Me.”

Would you like to see Song Seung Heon and Go Ara in this drama?

11 hours ago, Mari95 said:

Song Seung Heon And Go Ara Considering Lead Roles In OCN’s New Grim Reaper Drama

Song Seung Heon and Go Ara are in talks for an upcoming OCN drama called “Black.”

On June 8, both of their agencies stated that the two actors are currently looking over the roles.

“Black” is about a grim reaper who gets erased from the memories of the world for breaking the rules and falling in love with a woman after borrowing a human’s body. It is set to air after the upcoming drama “Save Me.”

Would you like to see Song Seung Heon and Go Ara in this drama?

Hi Mari, thanks for sharing this here.  Ye, I want to see SSH in a drama again. I hope he takes this. I like OCN as much as I like tvN.  Grim Reaper? It's the trend now.  I'm feeling this goblin's vibe. Well, each drama has their own ways of portraying the overall theme, anyway.  The plot is actually quite new for Kdramas....I'm gonna give this drama a go in case SSH will accept this. I adore SSH. I guess they would be pretty to look at especially SSH.  Although, Go Ara is still quite young. Let's cross our fingers then.....:lol:

5 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Mari, thanks for sharing this here.  Ye, I want to see SSH in a drama again. I hope he takes this. I like OCN as much as I like tvN.  Grim Reaper? It's the trend now.  I'm feeling this goblin's vibe. Well, each drama has their own ways of portraying the overall theme, anyway.  The plot is actually quite new for Kdramas....I'm gonna give this drama a go in case SSH will accept this. I adore SSH. I guess they would be pretty to look at especially SSH.  Although, Go Ara is still quite young. Let's cross our fingers then.....:lol:

In this drama, SSH is the main lead. It's different with Saimdang that more focus with Lee Young Ae. I'm sure in this drama i can watch more SSH scene. Go Ara is young beautiful popular actress. She can attract younger viewer. The plot is interesting. Director and writer are known for their success project before. I hope they'll accept it.

Song Seung-heon and Go Ara for reaper-human romance in OCN thriller Black

by tineybeanie

blackityblack.jpg

For potentially his first cable drama ever, Song Seung-heon (Saimdang, Light’s Diary) is eyeing the upcoming fall OCN thriller Black as his next project, while Go Ara (Hwarang) is also in talks to become the female lead.Black is be about a a grim reaper who borrows the body of a man and ends up falling in love with a human woman. Because this goes against the rules of heaven, he’s punished by having any record of his existence erased such that there’s no trace of him left in the world’s memory.

If he confirms, Song Seung-heon will play the lead character, Han Moo-kang, who has two nicknames: “Grim Reaper of Criminals” and “Man in Black.” Moo-kang was originally a bright, cheerful man with a flamboyant fashion sense, until a secret caused a complete reversal in his life. Now he’s a stoic, blank-faced individual who wears black from head to toe. He’s known for not flinching at the most gruesome of crime scenes and for staying expressionless when faced with gory brutalized corpses.

On the other hand, details on Go Ara’s character have not been released, but I’m assuming she’ll play the human woman that the grim reaper fell in love with. From reading the synopsis, it seems like a mish-mash of 49 Days and the secondary love story in The Lonely Shining Goblin, both of which I enjoyed for the heart-wrenching dilemmas presented in loving a technically immortal/dead spiritual entity. (There’s also a a pinch of Hollywood movieMeet Joe Black in there.)

Just one more reason to watch if you’re into dark mysterious dramas: Blackis a collaboration between God’s Gift–14 Days writer Choi Ran and Voice PD Kim Hong-sun, and this pair definitely knows how to play up those excellent thrilling elements.

OCN’s new supernatural crime-thriller Black will premiere this October.

Via DongA Sports

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mari95 said:

In this drama, SSH is the main lead. It's different with Saimdang that more focus with Lee Young Ae. I'm sure in this drama i can watch more SSH scene. Go Ara is young beautiful popular actress. She can attract younger viewer. The plot is interesting. Director and writer are known for their success project before. I hope they'll accept it.

Song Seung-heon and Go Ara for reaper-human romance in OCN thriller Black

by tineybeanie

For potentially his first cable drama ever, Song Seung-heon (Saimdang, Light’s Diary) is eyeing the upcoming fall OCN thriller Black as his next project, while Go Ara (Hwarang) is also in talks to become the female lead.Black is be about a a grim reaper who borrows the body of a man and ends up falling in love with a human woman. Because this goes against the rules of heaven, he’s punished by having any record of his existence erased such that there’s no trace of him left in the world’s memory.

If he confirms, Song Seung-heon will play the lead character, Han Moo-kang, who has two nicknames: “Grim Reaper of Criminals” and “Man in Black.” Moo-kang was originally a bright, cheerful man with a flamboyant fashion sense, until a secret caused a complete reversal in his life. Now he’s a stoic, blank-faced individual who wears black from head to toe. He’s known for not flinching at the most gruesome of crime scenes and for staying expressionless when faced with gory brutalized corpses.

On the other hand, details on Go Ara’s character have not been released, but I’m assuming she’ll play the human woman that the grim reaper fell in love with. From reading the synopsis, it seems like a mish-mash of 49 Days and the secondary love story in The Lonely Shining Goblin, both of which I enjoyed for the heart-wrenching dilemmas presented in loving a technically immortal/dead spiritual entity. (There’s also a a pinch of Hollywood movieMeet Joe Black in there.)

Just one more reason to watch if you’re into dark mysterious dramas: Blackis a collaboration between God’s Gift–14 Days writer Choi Ran and Voice PD Kim Hong-sun, and this pair definitely knows how to play up those excellent thrilling elements.

OCN’s new supernatural crime-thriller Black will premiere this October.

Via DongA Sports

Mari, thanks for sharing more news about this. Ye, the premise sounds interesting. Goblin is influencing a lot of fantasy dramas these days, huh? I can't wait especially if it is starring Song Seung Heon. I don't know about their chemistry. Wait & see........... Hopefully, it will be good.:lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Liu Yifei fosters 30 cats in her backyard

The animal-lover often takes in stray cats that she sees on the streets

Posted: 09 Jun 2017 12:07 Updated: 09 Jun 2017 12:10
Share this:

liuyifei.jpg

Chinese actress Liu Yifei definitely wakes up to one of the more unique backyard views in China.

The actress recently uploaded a picture of her spacious backyard, with netizens expressing surprise at the unusual sight that greeted them.

In the picture, close to 30 cats of varying sizes and colour are gathered around the pathways, gobbling up their kibble.

According to reports, Yifei and her mother has always taken in stray cats to raise in their backyard whenever possible. Additionally mother-daughter duo also makes sure to bring the cats for regular check-ups at the vet, as well as neuter them, ensuring their health and safety.

A couple of die-hard fans also revealed that at one point in time, Yifei and her mother actually had up to 60 cats in their backyard.

“After nursing the cats back to health, they will take the cat in to raise as their own,” the fans revealed, adding that they will pass on some of the cats to their friends or fans who have the capability to rear cats.

After seeing the picture of all the different cats, a number of netizens praised Yifei for her kind heart, adding, “The cats all look very plump, they’re definitely leading a good life.”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*** I finally...........done watching "Saimdang" since I wasn't able to watch this continuously during its airing because of lack of time. I’m so surprised that this show failed to meet those sky-high expectations because for me the drama is good. At first, I was also surprised that Song Seung-heon took this drama since he is largely absent from the storyline. Well, I can say that “Gyeom” was one of the better characters in this show. I loved his warm yet bickering relationship with his great-aunt, who desperately wanted him to forget Saimdang, get married, and be happy more than anyone else in the world. I also love the drama because it was entirely pre-produced. When I saw that the rating wasn’t that good I adjusted my expectations and accepted it for what it was. To be perfectly honest, I didn’t have many articulate criticisms on the series while I was watching it, mainly because I had a low investment. But, I love it when they expressed their love for each other through their art and poetry and that was lovely. Looking back, I can’t say I regret watching “Saimdang, Light’s Diary”, because it had some interesting ideas and some aspects that I really liked a lot, anyway. :tongue:

• Like 1

Song Seung Heon And Go Ara Confirmed As Leads In Upcoming Grim Reaper Drama

song-seung-heon-go-ara1.jpg

Earlier this month, it was reported that actor Song Seung Heon and actress Go Ara were in talks for the upcoming fantasy drama called “Black.”

On June 29, it was confirmed that the two will be starring in the OCN drama, which is about a grim reaper who is erased from the memories of the world after breaking the rules of the heavens by falling in love with a human woman after borrowing another human’s body.

Song Seung Heon will be taking on the role of the grim reaper while information about Go Ara’s role has yet to be released. “Black” is scheduled to begin airing in the second half of this year.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1

News bites: July 1, 2017

SongSeungHun_GoAra1.jpg

Song Seung-heon, Go Ara

Song Seung-heon (Saimdang, Light’s Diary) and Go Ara (Hwarang) are confirmed for Black, which will air before the end of the year on OCN. Song will play a cold reaper in the dark thriller, while (it’s assumed) Go will play the human woman he falls for. They make a handsome pair, but I wonder how they’ll hold up to the inevitable comparisons to the Reaper-Sunny couple in The Lonely Shining Goblin. Writing for Black is Choi Ran of God’s Gift–14 Days and directing is Kim Hong-sun of Liar Game and Voice. [FN News]

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/news-bites-july-1-2017/

• Like 1