Ivy (아이비) [Official Thread]

aznboy78

Guest adikkeluangman

Ivy files a lawsuit against her agency

After announcing that her agency was causing a delay in her comeback late last year, singer Ivy has filed an official lawsuit against them.

According to information revealed by the Seoul Central District Court on January 7th, Ivy filed a lawsuit against STOM E&F, and asked to terminate her contract.

Through her manager, Ivy revealed, “I signed an exclusive three-year contract with the company back in 2009, but since then, they have decided my entertainment activities without any discussions with me, and have been neglecting my career. They have yet to calculate the $20,000 USD I’ve earned in profit from my activities, and they’ve also failed to pay me the profits made from my third album, which was released October of 2009.”

She continued, “I’ve notified everyone that I terminated my account with the company as of June 21, 2010, but music industry representatives will not discuss any activities with me because my exclusive contract is still valid with STOM E&F. I have filed a lawsuit in order to prove that the contract is invalid.”

This isn’t the first time that STOM E&F celebrities have filed a lawsuit against the agency. Comedians MCs Yoo Jae Suk and Kim Yong Man, as well as singer Yoon Jong Shin have all notified the company of their contract termination due to their failure in adequately paying their stars.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/ivy-files-a-lawsuit-against-her-agency

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Ivy’s misfortunes continue to pile up

Seems like Ivy’s misfortunes keep piling up, one on top of other.

Not too long ago, Ivy and another top female singer had agreed to create a duet together. They had already started taking pictures for their album, and were preparing for promotions when unforeseen obstacles forced the project to be canceled.

One entertainment representative stated, “For this project, Ivy’s representatives contacted the broadcasting stations for her appearance on air. However, after the broadcasting stations refused to let Ivy perform, the project was just canceled.”

Apparently, the main reason was because Ivy’s previous agency had lobbyed the broadcasting station employees with stocks. The company employees were caught and sentenced, but the station’s representatives are still wary of letting Ivy back on stage.

But Ivy sought to overcome her hardships and made a comeback in 2009 with the song, “Touch Me”. Still, the problems of her previous company continued to haunt her, and Ivy wasn’t able to perform as often on air.

While Ivy is struggling with the aftermath of that situation, she’s also battling with her current company through a lawsuit that isn’t quite reaching its end.

Concerned over the weight of such issues, Ivy’s fans are hoping that she’ll be able to endure just a little bit longer, and make a successful comeback later on.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/ivys-misfortunes-continue-to-pile-up

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kipolyunochnik

That is some really sad news.It's a shame she's a great singer she has horrible luck. I hope this gets cleared up I would love more new music from her. 

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Netizens note Ivy’s slight weight gain

201103280842301001_1.jpg

Netizens are claiming that Ivy has gained a little weight, as seen by a series of different pictures from over the month.

On March 28th, Park Kyung Lim tweeted a picture of herself with the singer when they went to go watch the musical, ’Aida.’ The star is seen slinging her arm around Ivy, and while netizens smiled at the warm friendship shared between the two, they also noticed that Ivy had put on a little weight.

This state was also noticed on Kim Soo Ro’s recent Twitter post, which revealed a picture taken from the backstage of his play, “Yigidong Gymnasium“. Fans seem to approve of the slight increase in weight, as they commented, “She’s pretty even with a little more weight,” “Stay just the way you are now,” and “Hurry and come back.”

Hilariously, Ivy confessed through her blog that she’s actually on a diet. She wrote, “Is this food that a person eats?” and described her dinner menu of broccoli, mushrooms, chicken breasts, and tofu. She sadly commented that she wanted to eat other types of food. “I want to eat something oily. Nobody believes me but I gained 4kg.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/netizens-note-ivys-slight-weight-gain

• 1 year later...
Guest snowflakesj16

Ivy to Guest on ‘Strong Heart’, Discuss Past Hardships

Source: CJ E&M enewsWorld - Stewart Ho

6rsiL.jpg

Ivy is making a long-awaited return to the entertainment world and she’s now been confirmed to serve as a guest on an upcoming episode of SBS’ Strong Heart.

On April 16, a representative for Strong Heart confirmed the singer would appear on the show, marking a return to fans by the singer after two years and four months. The individual said, “She will begin recording on April 19 and plans to reveal all the difficulties and hardships she’s endured.”

Joining Ivy will be her best friend, actress Oh Yoon Ah, and the two will reveal their close friendship and personal stories.

Ivy’s episodes will begin on April 24 and will continue in the following week. Ivy’s new mini album, Interview will be released on April 27.

Photo credit: Polaris Entertainment

Strong Heart Guesting Promo Stills

t2TN1.jpg

VrtNL.jpg

v2hEW.jpg

gYYhQ.jpg

sg6my.jpg

L2rU6.jpg

Credit: SBS

Guest snowflakesj16

Ivy gears up for her comeback with a sexy pictorial for ‘Esquire’

by: VITALSIGN - allkpop

JBWSO.jpg

Ivy is definitely marking her return with a sexy new pictorial for ‘Esquire‘ magazine!

Released on April 23rd, the pictorial shows off Ivy’s voluminous body to the fullest in a deep pink dress, cut in all the right places. Ivy was known as a ‘sexy icon’ before her long hiatus, and that image certainly hasn’t gone anywhere during her time away from the industry.

Staff on set expressed, “We felt that she was a true professional from the way she confidently posed in front of the camera despite her long hiatus. She’s been working out consistently, which shows in her stunning and healthy body, which earned the praise of everyone on set.”

Ivy is currently gearing up for her first mini-album, ‘INTERVIEW‘, on April 27th.

Source + Photos: OSEN via Naver

Guest snowflakesj16

Ivy releases jacket photos for ‘Interview’!

marcodkim from allkpop

Innocent yet sexy.

vL5Uy.jpg

Ivy released two jacket photos for her comeback portraying polar sides of herself.

On April 25th, Ivy’s agency excited fans with teaser photos for Ivy’s first mini-album ‘Interview‘, in which Ivy portrays a comfortable yet mysterious feeling. In one photo, Ivy is showing off her beautiful and innocent smile, while in the other photo, the singer made a 180 degree transformation with smokey makeup. In the mysterious and sexy teaser photo, Ivy’s crown is reminiscent of the Statue of Liberty.

Ivy will be releasing her new ballad song “Torn Heart” on April 27th.

tknC7.jpg

Guest snowflakesj16

Ivy makes funny faces on ‘Strong Heart’

jo7F8.jpg

Ivy made some incredibly hilarious expressions on the April 24th broadcast of SBS‘s ‘Strong Heart‘, completely tearing down the image that people had of her.

The star debuted with a sexy image, but she confessed, “I was actually born in the countryside of Choongnam,” and shared that one of her hobbies was making funny faces. Comedian Jung Juri shocked the crowd when she said, “When I take a picture with Ivy, she looks worse than me.”

Ivy said, “The muscles in my face move very well. Even if I have to compete against comedians, I am confident that I will not lose.”

With this, the competition to make the funniest face on ‘Strong Heart’ began. All the guests were asked to make funny faces, but nobody could hold a candle to Ivy.

Ivy continued, “I have been practicing for 15 years. In junior high school I tried to make the person sitting in front of me laugh by making a monkey face and found out the muscles in my face move well,” and once again made a face that brought everyone to laughter.

T7ZKs.jpg

source: NEWSEN via NATE; translated by webe for allkpop.com

Guest suejinners

Thanks for the updates!

lol i can't wait to watch strong heart.. she's always been a dorky person.

36487378.jpg

81840427.jpg

26540808.jpg

34589771.jpg

27497750.jpg

24831928.jpg

Interview tracklist

1 찢긴 가슴 (Torn Heart)

2 Firefly

3 꽃 (Flower)

4 영화처럼 (Like A Movie)

5 Someday

Guest snowflakesj16

IVY's Comeback Single "Torn Heart" Reaches #1 on Music Websites!

by: jbarky for

Soompi News

MLcdY.jpg

Today on April 27, IVY released the mini album title song “Torn Heart.” The moment it was released, the song reached #1 on music websites. IVY’s official website “Ivynus” (www.ivynus.com) opened up at the same time that the title song was released. The server was frozen for an hour due to the sudden surge of visitors.

A representative of IVY’s agency stated, “IVY and the staff members cannot hide their happiness at hearing that the song is #1, we did not expect this result. IVY has prepared hard to infuse her “real emotions” in the album. I believe that the “truth” has reached the fans.”

He continued, “We will ride this tide, and try to show you our best for her comeback stage performances that will begin today.”

IVY will begin her comeback on stage through KBS2’s “Music Bank.”

Guest snowflakesj16

Here's the interview from which the above posted pictures came with.

Ivy Found Her Own Happiness Within Herself

CJ E&M enewsWorld Kim, JiYeon Translation Credit : Erika Kim

She went through too much for anyone to say she was just unlucky.

This is the story of Ivy, who pulled through and made a comeback after two years and six months. She appeared in the K-Pop scene in July 2005, and in a meeting with the press she said with an awkward smile, “It’s already been seven years since my debut, but I’ve only been active for less than two years.”

Her smile, however, probably meant more than it seemed to. It’s heartbreaking for a singer to have only been onstage for two years out of the seven she’s called herself a singer. Regardless of whether she was at fault or not, Ivy yearned to stand onstage a lot.

Fortunately, Ivy recently wrapped up the lawsuit with her former agency regarding her contract. After being freed, she joined a new agency, one that houses the singer Kim Bum Soo, and is now preparing for a new takeoff.

It’s been a long time. You must be feeling so emotional about your comeback.

“Honestly, the future of the singer Ivy looked really dim. I always thought I would never be able to release an album again. I kept thinking that I’m getting older, and got worried on whether I would be able to sing again, leading to my loss of confidence. Now, however, my album has been released and I’m here [for the interview]. I’m excited and it’s like a miracle that I can feel like I’m starting over again.”

You made a comeback in 2009, but you didn’t get to promote fully. How did you feel?

“At the time, I came back with a dance piece, but I only got to appear on a main channel once. It wasn’t because of anything done wrong on my part; KBS and MBC had blocked appearances [of all agencies] because of the producer incident. I felt that it was unfair. Because of what I went through back then, I realized how thankful it is that I can appear on music shows. Now, my current agency is taking care of the problems well, and I feel great because that means I can sing on more stages.”

Your album is full of ballads; what happened?

“I’ve been preparing it for a long time. I received thousands of songs, but I couldn’t find one that I liked, and then I met the single I’m promoting now. Please think of it as an announcement that I’m back. I will be coming out with a dance piece within the year. I’m planning a studio album for sometime near October.”

All of the songs, starting with your first single cut ‘Broken Heart’, feel more relaxed.

“At first when I asked composers to write songs for me, they kept writing me songs like Sonata of Temptation. So this time, I tried to show off how I could be more comfortable. I tried to pull back from anything too sad. I sang the song thinking people will be more moved by serene emotions.”

How did you get to sing so comfortably?

“I left behind a lot of my desires. When I promoted Touch Me in 2009, I wanted to be great because I was coming back after a two year hiatus, but because for this album it was a miracle that I would be coming back at all, I prepared for it with a light heart. The same went for when I sang for it. Setting aside my desires to be great lifted the pressure from me.”

You must have felt a lot during the course of your tumultuous career.

“My thoughts changed a lot. I actually debuted when I was 24 after training for four years, ever since I was 20. I lived like a child because I had no experience in society and I hadn’t enjoyed many different experiences with my friends.

"Then I learned about the world through many incidents, and after some other incidents I realized that I wasn’t fit to be loved as a star by the public. I feel sorry that I couldn’t take care of the incidents more wisely. I do think that I was able to mature even for just a little thanks to those incidents.”

How did you spend your unexpected hiatus?

“I personally wasn’t able to make a division between the life of the singer Ivy and the life of the person Park Eun Hye, but while living as a normal woman during my hiatus I learned about life. I also blogged a lot, and that was helpful. I learned that I could be happy as a woman outside of my life as a singer, and I think I found true happiness inside me. Happiness is what I think it to be, and how I make it to be. (Smile)”

What misunderstanding do you really want to clear up?

“The one I don’t like the most are the ones that say I can’t live without men or that I look like I’ll use men because I’ve been involved in a lot of scandals involving men. Of course, I have to take charge of that image also. It’s not like it can go away if I talk about it now. At first I felt it was unfair, but I started to act more modestly because of those misunderstandings.”

What was your biggest concern during your rest?

“I didn’t worry over much. In the past I would think about a lot, but I felt that it didn’t help in solving anything. People say that I’ve transcended everything now. I just work hard on what’s given me. It helped that I had set down a lot of my desires.”

You went on a long break, but the name Ivy still has a sexy image.

“Sexiness is essential for female singers. I don’t dislike it. I like it a lot. I think I won’t be called sexy anymore in a few years. (Laugh) It’s good to hear praise like that when you’re still young.”

You’ve been missing for a long time and idols are fairly active these days. What would you do if the younger ones asked ‘Who are you?’

“Lee Seung Chul sunbaenim (senior) once said that a fan approached him and said it was great that he was debuting when he’s so old, and that he’ll become popular across the country if he works a little harder. It’ll be more severe for me. That’s why I think I’ve gone back to my attitude as a rookie—since I’m starting over. I want to be loved for a long time after this. I also want to clear a spot for myself as a person who can sing.”

I thought you would’ve gotten sick of showbiz; what made you come back?

“My longing for the stage. Even now, everything other than standing onstage is stressful for me. The joy I feel onstage, however, helps me overcome all the difficult processes. They say you get addicted to the stage; it really has a drug-like power.”

Son Dambi and Lee Hyori will also be making comebacks soon. Do you want to help solo female singers draw attention again?

“Of course I do. I want to show off the power of women. I hope other female singers make comebacks also. I hope everyone can help each other.”

How happy do you feel these days?

“Out of 100, 85. I was having a hard time, but a lot of the roadblocks have gone away and I can sing again. I’m happy for the present in which I can feel thankful for the smallest things. Of course, when I see malicious comments the score goes down by a few points.”

Ivy was honest and cheery from beginning to end. She was prepared to escape from her original mystical image and show off the real Ivy. Everyone makes mistakes. Ivy made her own. Through that process, however, she learned a lot, and matured.

She is now preparing for her second flight with her first mini album Interview, which was released in April. She’s put down everything that was shackling her down, and she’s aiming toward a new start in a new place. Her real flight has just begun.

--

My two cents: Wow, she really is passionate about performing, one can really feel how she has missed being on stage after all this time. And no doubt, her years in hiatus has really helped her grow not just as a performer but as a person as well. Cheers to you Ivy! :)

Guest snowflakesj16

Ivy blasts back into public sphere

okmZs.jpg

Ivy has officially launched her comeback by performing new songs on popular local music shows.

Ivy, whose real name is Park Eun- hye, gave her first performance on KBS2's "Music Bank" on Friday before appearing on the same broadcaster's "Sketch Book" and MBC's "Music Core" as well as SBS's "Popular Song" over the weekend.

The 30-year-old diva made her first appearances on the shows since January 2010. Ivy released her first mini-album <Interview> last Friday with the title track "Torn Heart", which immediately topped the online music charts of Melon and Olleh Music upon release.

The ballad was composed by Super Changddai, who has previously worked with 2PM and 2AM.

Other songs like <Someday> and <Flower> also scraped inside the top 10 in terms of online hits.

Ivy also caused a stir by introducing her official home page IVYNUS on Friday, with heavy fan traffic crashing the server for an hour, her agency said.

"Ivy poured her heart into this album", said an employee at her agency.

By Joo Kyung-don for koreajoongangdaily

Guest snowflakesj16

Ivy Says Her Family Had it More Rough During Her Past Video Scandal

CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, JinHo Translation Credit : Stewart Ho

Ivy shared candidly on her thoughts on her past scandal. In 2007, her former boyfriend said he had, in his possession, a scandalous video of him and Ivy and had threatened to publicly post the video.

sJkuY.jpg

On the May 1 broadcast of SBS′ Strong Heart, Ivy shared, "Even opening up about the video incident has been difficult. At that time, my family had it rough more than I did. Though I′m able to speak on it now, I feel I let down a lot of people and for that I′m truly sorry."

The broadcast will be aired at 11:15 pm on May 1.

Photo credit: SBS

Guest snowflakesj16

Ivy to discuss her sex tape rumors for the first time on ‘Strong Heart’

pkdance for Allkpop

On the upcoming episode of SBS‘ ‘Strong Heart‘, singer Ivy opened up for the first time about the false sex tape rumors that led to her hiatus.

Ivy carefully began her story, stating, “Talking about the scandal is hard for me to do.” She went on to reveal that the pain endured by her family because of the false allegations was far more of a burden to her than the rumor itself.

She also apologized, “Although I’ve overcome a lot of it now, I apologize for raising public discussion, and causing disappointment for so many people.” Though Ivy was a victim in this case as her ex-boyfriend used the supposedly existing tape to blackmail the star, it seems she still felt some responsibility to her fans about the matter.

The singer made her debut in 2005, and quickly became recognized for her great vocals and dancing ability. However, in 2007, she was faced with a sex tape scandal that led her to take a long hiatus from the entertainment industry.

In 2010, she made a comeback with her 3rd album, which didn’t fare so well, but she was able to make a successful debut as a musical actress. Although Ivy wrote a post about her feelings concerning the sex tape rumors on her personal homepage at the time of her comeback, this is the first time she has discussed it directly on television.

Catch Ivy’s full story on the May 1st episode of ‘Strong Heart’.

Guest snowflakesj16

Ivy Used to Write Song Lyrics for Girls' Generation and SHINee

Soompi News

Ivy's secret songwriting days were revealed on a recent episode of "Strong Heart."

On the episode of "Strong Heart" that aired on May 1, this was revealed through Girls Generation's Tiffany. Tiffany said, "There's a song called 'Dear Mom' in one of our albums. The lyrics were written by Ivy herself. The name was different but since I was always Ivy's fan, I knew as soon as I saw the lyrics."

Ivy used a stage name called, "The Lighthouse" when writing lyrics. Not only did she write lyrics for Girls Generation, but she also wrote the lyrics for SHINee's "Last Gift."

Tiffany continued to say, "At that time, our agency thought it'd be best to keep this quiet but now I want everyone to know that those songs were written by Ivy."

Ivy responded, "I wanted to hide it. I chose the name "The Lighthouse" because I wanted to shine a light on the world when people started to like me again."

She continued, "I decided to donate 100% of the proceeds from those songs. But since Girls Generation and SHINee are big Hallyu stars, the profits are quite nice," as she laughed. Then MC Shin Dong Yup added, "You probably didn't know the songs would do so well before you made that decision, right?" Then Ivy said "Well, since I wasn't active as a singer, I was having a hard time financially. Sometimes, a little greed formed in my heart but I couldn't just break my own promise," which drew an applause from everyone.

Ivy has come back with her new title track, "Torn Heart" and is enjoying success so far.

Guest cutiepad

where did all her fans go? this forum is a little bit quiet....

i had known about ivy all along, bu wasn't really much of a fan girl.

Her latest song "Torn" is really really really awesome, you can feel all the emotions in it.

Then i watched Strong Heart ep 127, OMG she is so funny and such a variety queen.

i found that i really like her personality.

she doesn't even look 30!

Guest snowflakesj16

^^ that is exactly my question too.. I was like, this thread has quite a lot of pages but what happened? News of her keep pouring in but this thread isn't alive at all. I won't consider myself a fan girl too, but I'm a fan of her talent. :) Yes, I agree with you in that Torn was so heartfelt, but i was kinda uneasy watching the music video, it fits the song though. :D

Archived