Ivy (아이비) [Official Thread]

aznboy78

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest .:LaUrEn.:

http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/music.../v20203719.html

http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/broad.../v20207846.html

so i found these articles on daum. i just skimmed through them and i don't have the best korean, but it seems like the gist is that they're saying that ivy's image regarding her personal life tarnished the images of the products/brands she endorsed, which in this case is missha, i believe. and the company wants some sort of compensation for their losses or something? and they're bringing up that incident about how ivy and park tae hwan were thought to be cousins, and they're basically calling her a liar. why are they placing all the blame on ivy and saying that she blatantly lied about it?! from what i remember, there were MANY people involved and misunderstandings on all ends. why is ivy getting all the blame?! anyways, i thought we were finally getting past all the drama and the scandal. i hate that it's being dragged back out in the media again. UGHHH this makes me MAD... anyways, if i misunderstood something or if someone can translate it better, please do!!!

-edit-

and this is kinda random, but i was watching a kinda old 8vs.1 episode, and one of the categories they were discussing was plastic surgeons and what body parts of celebrities were in high demand by the public. out of the 50 plastic surgeons, 2 of them answered ivy's nose :D which isn't surprising; ivy does have a great nose lol. and just on a side note, the most in demand body part was han ga in's nose with 9 votes.

Guest suejinners

^ pretty much what you said is the case. The contract was worth around 5 uk/ 500,000 Us dollars and they want that money back... because well what you stated.

whats really bothering me is couldn't they keep this on the down low? theres already 203948203842 articleson this and its soo annoying. I really hate how fantom handles things. Well, if Missha brought out in the open then thats pretty -___- too but its pretty damn amazing how crazy the media is over her STILL. They prob do like all this negative news since its their job to write stuff about it.. -__-. Even some netizens stated that they didn't buy the product just because of her it was because of the product.

But if you think about it none of the other companies did this to her...she was with basic house for years~~ so I think they just terminated her contract or didn't renew it since YEH is one of their models now. Reebok has HYS.. but they did pretty well with Ivy. same with gmarket. those were her three somewhat bigger advertised ones...

I hope shes doing alright

--

whoa they liked her nose! lol thats cool! =) thanks for that tidbit! but wow hangain won only by 9 votes! haha

Guest adikkeluangman

IVY facing a lawsuit

March 4, 2008

200145097385504162_rs.jpg

IVY’s troubles are still not over.

Months after her ex-boyfriend came out with the news that he and IVY has a sex video, MISSHA, a cosmetics product of Able C&C, which selected IVY as its commercial model, filed a lawsuit claiming 500 million won for the shock her issues have brought on its product image.

Flashback, IVY signed an exclusive 500 million won contract with Able C&C in April 2007. Then in November 2007, her boyfriend named as Mr. Yoo came out in the open and threatened IVY with their sex video. When this came about, IVY stopped all her activities.

“The product and corporate images crashed because of her private life scandal and lies,” Able C&C commented.

Source: Newsen + krnloop

• 3 weeks later...
Guest .:LaUrEn.:

this is such great news. thanks for sharing! :) i really hope this album just blows everybody away, including all of her haters, and that she can move past all that crap that happened at the end of 2007. and i'd love to see an ivy/hyori special stage haha ^_^

Guest suejinners

^ that would be crazy if hyori and ivy had a special stage together

BUT!!!!

ARGH there are soo many articles contridicting each other..

a new article came out saying a comeback in the summer might be hard. There isn't enough time for her to release an album in June because they haven't started recording yet

They will know for sure about the album release date in early April.

But still... we have some news! haha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest suejinners

^thats so crazy that you asked because news just came out on it!

In June she will comeback as an actress rather than a singer first.

(netizens already bashing her.. because they didn't read carefullly... she did this drama almost a YEAR ago. but they think she did it recently -__-;; aiggooooooo)

'Tokyo, Fox' ,which is 4 episodes, will air after SBS's I love you

I don't think shes the MAIN MAIN charactor though. but still! ive been waiting for this!!!!

^thats so crazy that you asked because news just came out on it!

In June she will comeback as an actress rather than a singer first.

(netizens already bashing her.. because they didn't read carefullly... she did this drama almost a YEAR ago. but they think she did it recently -__-;; aiggooooooo)

'Tokyo, Fox' ,which is 4 episodes, will air after SBS's I love you

I don't think shes the MAIN MAIN charactor though. but still! ive been waiting for this!!!!

oh nice. so the drama is korean? only 4 episodes.. mini drama.. ?

• 1 month later...

I remember reading from somewhere that her album is going to be delayed cause of her acting??

forgot where. but i found this and wanted to see if anyone know for sure shes really coming back??

dont get my hopes up =[

It is going to be a battle of the sexy female singers in June for Lee Hyo Ri and IVY are planned to make their comebacks in that month. In February last year, the two also met the same field when Lee Hyo Ri released her digital single called “Toc Toc Toc” while IVY came out with her 2nd album entitled “A Sweet Moment.”

“Preparations for the 3rd album have already started for the targeted June release. We’re already recording and collecting songs and busily working on the most trendy music,” Mnet Media revealed.

“Discussion on IVY’s new album has started and it’s planned to be released in June. There are lot to consider but we’re working hard to come out with the album, if possible, within the first half of the year,” IVY’s label announced.

According to a music industry official, this comeback may bring back the spark in the music scene.

“This year, we’ll continue to witness the absence of tops singers but with the return of these two female singers, it’s possible that the music industry can regain its vitality.”

Source: hankooki

got it from someone in the Hyolee thread.

Guest suejinners

The discusions about her acting came up because remember she did that 4 episode drama tokyo, fox? They just held a press conference (of course ivy didn't show up) so all this attention was on her again saying that shes coming back as an actress rather than a singer... when really its not true. she did that drama last year and stupid enough people are believing she did it recently. But her co said shes coming back as a singer not an actress.

There are many rumors saying she coming out in june against hyori and um jung hwa but I highly doubt it.

I think if shes doing a comeback, it will be more so in july august- the later half of this year....... because remember the co said that they barely even started.

(wait i think i found some news on it)

-edit

she recorded some songs but hasn't decided on the title song yet. The release of her new album has not been discussed so they don't know when it will be released.

Ooh I found some pics of her from Jan! ill try to post in the ivy forums soon

Archived