Guest makemyday

he has a thread?!

ever since i saw him on ban-ol-lim like.. five years ago(?), he makes my heart beat in strange ways.

good grief.

whens the exact release date of antique?

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Continueing with the Antique the Manga summary...

Finished with Book 1... turns out only few pages more after I had stopped yesterday... ^^

AM2.jpg

Picture of Ki Bum, YAI's character...

FYI, from what I have read, the director could not fit all the sub plots into the movie... so, the actual movie will have parts of the Manga missing... I do hope they don't chop it up too much! :wacko:

Book 2...

AM2-1.jpg

Ki Bum moves out of the boxing academy's dormitory and into an old girlfriend's house... apparently his dorm roomates could not stand Ki Bum smelling like a "walking cake"... one day 3 very attractive girls visit the bakery... turns out that all 3 of them were Ki Bum's former lover/girlfriends! Much to Jin Hyuk's surprise!

Apparently Ki Bum was in a gang... rescued each girls from getting beaten up or gang raped... each ended up being Ki Bum's girlfriend for a while...

Did I mention that Ki Bum was an orphan? Adopted by the boxing academy's owner? :unsure:

Anyhow... Ki Bum's adoptive father visited the shop to check on Ki Bum... recalled what a juvenile delinquent Ki Bum used to be... how he has changed... Ki Bum used to drink, fight, and steal money... even drugs...

Ki Bum tells his adoptive father that yes he has changed... but he is not yet confident... that he may return to his old life style again... he will return when he becomes a professional baker... when he feels that he will no longer be a burden to his father...

After overhearing the above conversation... Jin Hyuk (the softy) offers second floor of the bake shop to Ki Bum to stay... Ki Bum: "Really?" Jin Hyuk: "Yeah, but now you need to come in early and work even harder!"

Book 2 Page 29 stopped... to be continued...

Guest Rxgoodleaf

This cap must be when someone recognized Ki Bum as the former boxing champion...

040820m10.jpg

Watched the press conference clips...

Ah In was rather shy! ^^

Guest Epikurean

Started to read the summary of the manga,that's funny how Kim Bum was hired! lol :lol:

The new pics are cute ^^ ponky you forgot one :

dsc4044ju7.jpg

:D

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Edit: sooo, the pics above are from the cover photo shoot for Movieweek featuring Antique...

These did not make it into the Movieweek magazine... ie outakes...

"Estelle P" posted them in Movieweek Team Blog...

중앙일보 영화주간지 Movieweek 팀블로그

Went to the original site and found captions under each pics... decided to translate to share...

First one is my favorite... ^^

In the order as they appear at the original site...

DSC_4089.jpg

주지훈과 유아인의 궁합이 저렇게 귀엽게 나올 줄 몰랐거든요.

영화 속에서 주지훈 사장에게 반말을 찍찍 해대는 유아인 견습생.. 하지만 상황이 역전된 겁니다.

정말 형과 동생 같아 보여 사랑했던 완소컷.

The chemistry between Joo Ji Hoon and Yoo Ah In, didn't know it would come out this cute!

The apprentice Yoo Ah In, so disrespectful of JJH the owner in the movie... however, the situation here is complete opposite.

Since they appear so much like siblings, older and younger brothers, loved this perfect cut.

Perfect shot indeed!

dsc4044ju7.jpg

이 컷은 가장 마지막에 찍었습니다.

마지막이기도 하고, 슬슬 몸도 풀려서인지 정말 분위기가 좋았습니다.

그만큼 예쁜 컷들이 많이 나왔구요.

현장에 있던 모든 이들이 좋아했던 컷! 그러나 책에는 못들어갔습니다. ㅠ.ㅠ

대신 이날 현장에 있던 기자들은 아쉬운 마음에 모두 컴퓨터 바탕화면을 이 사진으로 깔았습니다.

This cut is the very last shot.

Maybe because it was the last shot, everyone was relaxed and having a good time.

So we had a lot of pretty cuts.

Everyone at the photo shoot loved this cut! But it did not make it into the magazine... :tears:

So the reporters at the photo shoot couldn't just let it go and decided to use it as (their) computer background wallpaper.

ECBBA4EBB2841.jpg

키 큰 세 명이 서고, 동생 유아인이 안기는 설정이었는데..

생각보다 굉장히 땀흘린 촬영이었습니다.

모두 활짝 웃고 있지만,

실은 배우들이 카메라 셔터가 움직이기 전까지는 모두 소리를 질렀더랬습니다.

The situation is three tall ones standing and holding the kid brother, Yoo Ah In...

It was more difficult shot than you would imagine.

Everyone is smiling (in the picture),

But in reality, everyone was screaming until right before the camera shutter went off. :D

DSC_4069.jpg

커버 컷은 원래 이거였습니다. 넓게 보니 훨씬 이쁩니다. ^^

The original cover shot was this one. (When) you have it spread out, looks much prettier. ^^

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Antique Manga summary continued...

Finally, Soo Young enters the picture... Soo Young is a son of housekeeper who worked at Jin Hyuk's parent's house... grew up with Jin Hyuk... when Soo Young's Mom passed away, Jin Hyuk's parents put him through college... took him 3 tries to get into college... Jin Hyuk even wrote the thesis so Soo Young can graduate from college!

After college, Soo Young was hired at Jin Hyuk's family business... but he was sooo bad, ended up being a "house boy" at Jin Hyuk's parent's house... Soo Young came to "take care" of Jin Hyuk but according to Jin Hyuk, he will end up taking care of Soo Young instead!

Sooo, it was "love at first sight" for Sun Woo for Soo Young... Sun Woo tried to seduce Soo Young but Soo Young was such an innocent, he didn't get it!

Christmas Eve... the bake shop was busy... cakes sold out! Jin Hyuk was busy "playing Santa" delivering cakes...

One morning, Jin Hyuk shows up clean shaven... and the age of the casts revealed... Soo Young is 34... Jin Hyuk and Sun Woo are 32... and Ki Bum (the baby) is 21!

The funny part is that Ki Bum thought Jin Hyuk was 43! Hence Ki Bum's nickname for Jin Hyuk... "old man"...

Stopped Book 2 page 173...

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Eating leftover pizza for dinner... reading and listening to FT Island -> 2AM -> Bigbang -> Shinee...

I know, too much info! LOL

When I left off, Jin Hyuk came in clean-shaven...

Well, it turns out that Jin Hyuk's grandmother and aunt were coming to Antique... to check out the place... the aunt was a great source of info... you find out that Jin Hyuk is all around sportsman, excellent piano player, speaks 5 languages, and wins all the time at Go-Stop, Ma Jong, and poker... grandmother and aunt think Jin Hyuk is a nice and somewhat naive boy... much to Sun Woo and Ki Bum's surprise!

When Jin Hyuk was accused of being pretentious by Sun Woo and Ki Bum... Jin Hyuk said, "I am putting on an act because I do not want them worrying about me."... a softy... told ya...

In walks in the (previous mentioned) policeman... the policeman recognized Jin Hyuk as the kidnap victim from 22 years ago...

Flashback: young Jin Hyuk: "Really, I don't remember anything. I don't remember anything from the time I was kidnapped to coming to the hospital."

Because of the kidnap episode, all of Jin Hyuk's family started to treat him like a fragile child... they became very overprotective... worrying about him being alone eventhough he is over 30...

After hearing the whole story... Ki Bum appologized for jumping to conclusion...

Jin Hyuk "The only thing I remember about the kidnapper is that he loved cake. I used to eat cake everyday."

Stopped Book 2 Page 192...

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Epikurean!

Found Heuk San theme!

It's track 9 of Choi Kang Chil Woo OST!

As you can tell, it's been bugging me! ^^

BTW, just found out... Come To Play with JJH and YAI will be aired 11/10/08...

Phew~ Gives me time to sub Rain in YSMM before I have to tackle CTP!

Guest Epikurean

Hehe i see ^^; You even changed your avatar to Heuk San :lol: dlding the OST right now,i should've done it a while ago but totally forgot about it >.<

finished! Listening to Heuk San theme...makes me wanna watch the drama again xD

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Up too early... without the alarm! :crazy:

Coffee is dripping... *yawn*

Book 3...

AM3.jpg

The Antique Bakery is featured on local TV news... more info regarding Jin Hyuk's kidnapping incidence revealed... Jin Hyuk was 9 years old... was kidnapped for 1 month but returned safely... at least physically...

Little more of Ki Bum's past revealed... Ki Bum does not remember his parents... at the second ophanage, Ki Bum was severly beaten, even stabbed with a scissor... except for murder, he has committed many crimes... he thought he had seen it all... the seamier side of society... he is amazed at how Jin Hyuk has overcome his past...

So, the Antique Bakery is competing in a department store bake off...

Did I mention that Sun Woo was fired from several different places before coming to Antique? He was fired because the other guys were falling all over for Sun Woo... physically fighting over him!

Sip of coffee... Ahh, heaven! iPod FT Island songs on!

At the bake off, Sun Woo is baking and Soo Young is serving... because Jin Hyuk developed an eye infection and can't serve... so, Sun Woo who is terrified of women and clutzy Soo Young are at the bake off and the archenemies Jin Hyuk and Ki Bum are at Antique...

But, Sun Woo steps up and literally transforms himself into a charmer, teaching Soo Young along the way... in the meantime at Antique, Ki Bum couldn't even do simple mixing!

Ki Bum, "Did you open the bake shop in hopes of catching your kidnapper?"

Jin Hyyk, "Well... it's difficult to put in words..."

Ki Bum, "You at lose for words? I see..."

The bake off was a success and Jin Hyuk and Ki Bum spent some quality time... :D

Stopped Book 3 Page 55...

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Hehe i see ^^; You even changed your avatar to Heuk San :lol: dlding the OST right now,i should've done it a while ago but totally forgot about it >.<

finished! Listening to Heuk San theme...makes me wanna watch the drama again xD

Ahh, yes... noticed my avatar?!

I rarely set my avatar as TV/Movie star... Heuk San is one of only two stars who ever had that privilege (?)... LOL

Antique Manga... Andy Gillette's character... gotta find out his character's name in Antique, the movie... is coming up next!

Guest Epikurean

His name is Jean-Baptiste in the movie,found 2 clips in which scenes of the movie are shown and you can hear KJW calling him : http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=496590067

Watching these videos and reading your summary of the manga...it looks very different,maybe its just the scenes they've choose to show, but the movie looks hilarious while the manga seems more serious ^^;;

brust out laughing again, when KJW and JJH are speaking french :lol: I can't help it! XD

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Antique Summary continues...

Thanks for the info Epikurean!

Up early again... thank God for time change... fall back! (<- for those of us who live in US) ^^

Cloudy morning... Coffee in one hand and news is on...

Jean-Baptiste Evan (his full name): Andy Gillette (Sun Woo's former mentor and lover)

Jean-Baptiste shows up with a hugh bunch of red roses to Antique... looking for Sun Woo... of course, Jin Hyuk and Jean-Baptiste are at odds with each other immediately... Jean-Baptiste thinks Jin Hyuk is Sun Woo's current lover... the whole conversation is in French much to Epikurean's amusement!

Flashback to when Jean-Baptiste and Sun Woo met... Sun Woo went to France to follow his college lover... worked for Jean-Baptiste as a kitchen helper at first... when Jean-Baptiste tested Sun Woo's first attempt at croissaint, he decided to take him in as his apprentice... at the same time they become lovers...

One day they have a hugh fight... Jean-Baptiste is afraid of losing Sun Woo to a competitor... demands that Sun Woo stops sleeping with other men... a lover's quarrel... Sun Woo left Jean-Baptiste and France...

Back to present... Jean-Baptiste begs Sun Woo to come back to France... tempts him with more money and shop of his own... they become lovers again...

Flashback: when Sun Woo was his second year in Junior high school... he saw his mother having an affair with one of his teacher...

Next morning, Sun Woo tells everyone that he has been invited back to France with a hugh salary and a shop in Paris Ritz Hotel... everyone is in shock and begs Sun Woo to stay... except for Jin Hyuk, "It will be up to Sun Woo..."

But secretly Jin Hyuk is in panic... calling his mother for money... getting Ki Bum to test competor's cakes to see if they measure up to Sun Woo's cakes...

As final measure, Jin Hyuk offers to sleep with Sun Woo... gasp!

Sun Woo tells Jin Hyuk that he already decided to stay... but, didn't know how to turn Jean-Baptiste down... also, he was not interested in Jin Hyuk anymore... Jin Hyuk is like phew! LOL

Flashback: The reason Sun Woo was so devastated when he found his Mom and his teacher sleeping together... was because the teacher was his first love... he was mad and disappointed with his Mom not just for betraying his father but because he was jealous...

Sun Woo is late for work and he is never late... Jin Hyuk and Soo Young went to Jean-Baptiste's hotel... found Jean-Baptiste beating him up... Sun Woo had turned Jean-Baptiste down...

The main reason Sun Woo turned Jean-Baptiste down? He wanted to teach Ki Bum... Sun Woo has never enjoyed being a baker... for him, it was his only choice because he was gay... Sun Woo found Ki Bum's eagerness and ethusiasm irresistable... he wanted to pass on all he knows to Ki Bum...

Well... perhaps because of the whole incident, Jin Hyuk decided to give everyone a bonus... surprisingly Ki Bum wanted his bonus to go to Sun Woo... this is when you find out that Ki Bum is not interested in money... all that money he made as the Asian boxing champion? He donated to his former orphanage... awwww...

Stopped Book 3 Page 124... coming up... something about Jin Hyuk getting married?! :blink:

While reading and translating, I had the Heuk San theme playing the whole time! :D

Epikurean mentioned that manga seems more serious than the movie itself... well... yes and no...

I think the snippets (that are shown) are the lighter moments of the movie... don't want to show the more serious moments since the movie itself is supposedly a comedy... so far, it really is a mix of comedy and drama... I mean it is not ha ha funny all the time... deals with family issues and relationship issues...

Time for breakfast! It's drizzling outside... I love it! We don't get that much rain here in Southern California... so excuse me if I get little excited... I mean as long as I am not outside... I love rainy days!

Guest Rxgoodleaf

So plugging along here...

Antinque Manga summary continued...

Sorry... Jin Hyuk did not get married... where I left off, he was talking about a wedding... :D

Antique caters a wedding... duringe the wedding, Jin Hyuk has flashbacks of his past lovers/girlfriends... apparently Jin Hyuk has been dumped numerous times for various reasons... being too nice... too much alike in personality... not understanding enough... it turns out that Sun Woo confessed his love for Jin Hyuk right after Jin Hyuk was dumped by his very first girlfriend... talk about timing... that's why Jin Hyuk was so harsh with Sun Woo...

Oneday a little girl shows up at the bake shop... turns out she is the daughter of Soo Young! Soo Young was basically seduced by an older woman who was desperate to have a child... shocking to Sun Woo since he is in love with Soo Young... apparently Jin Hyuk and Soo Young helped to raise the child...

Book 4...

AM4.jpg

Well~ the 4th and last book really sums up what happened when Jin Hyuk was kidnapped... 9 year old Jin Hyuk stabbed the kidnapper and escaped... the real reason Jin Hyuk opend Antique is "to make it the best so that anyone who loves cake would want to come at least once."

He was waiting for his former kidnapper to show up... the kidnapper does but Jin Hyuk does not recognize him...

THE END!

The Manga does have a lot of subplots... I wonder how much of it would be in the movie... hmmm