Guest Asha Summer

any updates on what our boy is doing in london? is he doing a photoshoot there?

My thoughts exactly is he spending christmas in LONDON? weather is LONDON is getting worse...LONDON Weather report, me worried...hope he stays comfty at his HOTEL!

My thoughts exactly is he spending christmas in LONDON? weather is LONDON is getting worse...LONDON Weather report, me worried...hope he stays comfty at his HOTEL!

u know how he did that crazy photoshoot in hot, humid thailand wearing winter clothes? i was thinking perhaps he decided to do another crazy photoshoot again... but just the reverse now: trotting around freezing, wintry london wearing summer clothes *faints*

hope some photos surface soon.. so we know what he has been up to...

Guest tinysunbl

Yeah the cold weather! It's sub zero over here in the East Coast too. I'm so glad I'm flying to warmy Vietnam tomorrow. Can't wait to be home.

Much more interesting than 성균관 유생들의 나날 (Days of Sungkyunkwon Students)... which the "Sung Kyun Kwan Scandal" the drama was based on...

More Gurl Oh related story... maybe that's why I find it more interesting??? ^

Is it true that Gurl oh gets a wife in this book? If so I don't want it to be made into drama :P

Ah In just tweeted and it sounds like he's homesick :'( Poor baby

7vmp.jpg

Wapping Project

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Awwwww, I wish they have this book in English as well, I wanted to read too...more Gurl Oh related story...I just wish they could make this into a new series/movie as well. Haiz, but one can continue to wish right? heheheh!

Have a Merry Christmas & Happy YAI New Year to ALL!

Yeah the cold weather! It's sub zero over here in the East Coast too. I'm so glad I'm flying to warmy Vietnam tomorrow. Can't wait to be home.

Is it true that Gurl oh gets a wife in this book? If so I don't want it to be made into drama :P

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Have a safe trip home! Happy holidays everyone!

Alas, Gurl Oh does get married in "Days of Kyu Jang Gak Workers"... an arranged marriage... Gurl Oh (24 year old) to 다운 (Da Woon, 14 year old)... Gurl Oh calls her "반토막" (Ban To Mak which means half sized) because she is half the size of Gurl Oh as well as in age... I am not finished with the book yet but I think Gurl Oh will eventually fall for his wife...

Excerpt from the book:

사자청을 지나친 재신은 긴 다리를 펼쳐 이문원 계단을 한 걸음에 훌쩍 뛰어올랐다. 사자청과는 다르게 이문원은 적막할 정도로 조용하였다. 그는 사모를 벗어 손가락에 끼워 빙빙 돌리면서 당하관 방으로 들어갔다. 아무도 없이 한 놈만이 책상에 엎드려 자고 있었다.

“팔자 좋다. 난 그 고리타분한 영감탱이들 틈에서 땀 빼고 왔더니.”

비록 툴툴거리는 말이었지만 소리는 높지 않았다. 아마도 자는 이가 윤희가 아니라 용하나 선준이었다면 이문원 지붕이 들썩거릴 정도로 고함을 질렀을 것이다. 어느새 발소리도 잦아들어 어울리지 않게 살금살금 걸었다. 윤희는 땀을 흘려 가며 지쳐서 자고 있었다. 얼굴은 가려서 잘 보이지 않았지만 관자놀이에 맺힌 땀이 눈에 거슬렸다.

“에잇! 왜 이렇게 더워!”

분명 소리를 지른다고 질렀는데 입 밖으로 나오지는 못하였다. 재신은 책상 위에 놓여 있는 종이 몇 장을 겹쳐 잡았다. 그리고 그녀 옆의 책상에 걸터앉아 그것을 부채 삼아 신경질적으로 부쳤다. 분명 자신을 향한 바람이었는데 대부분이 그녀를 향해 날아갔다. 그는 차마 아래를 보지 못하고 멀리 창밖을 보았다. 매미가 따갑게 울어 대는 게 여간 못마땅한 게 아니었다.

Abbreviated translation: It is a hot day. Jae Shin returning from Sajachung finds Yoon Hee fast asleep with her head leaning on top of a desk in Leemoonwon. He sits down and starts to fan himself with a wad of paper but he is fanning Yoon Hee more than himself. Unable to look down at her, he stares into far away over the window.

“너, 아름답더라.”

"You were beautiful."

비록 밖으로 내뱉지는 못해도 혼자 중얼거려 보았다. 여장을 했을 때, 조금도 사내 같은 티가 나지 않았다. 오로지 여인이기만 한 듯하여 마음에도 없는 퉁명스런 말을 할 수밖에 없었다. 아름답더란 말은 할 수 없었기에, 그런 식의 표현 외에는 할 수가 없었다. 창밖을 향해 있던 재신의 눈동자가 아래로 내려왔다. 어쩐지 몇 년 만에 보는 얼굴인 듯하였다. 엉뚱한 곳을 향한 재신의 부채질은 여전히 멈추지 않았다.

He did not voice it out loud but mumbled to himself. When she dressed as a woman, there was no trace of a man. Because she looked so much like a woman, he gruffly said what he did not mean. Because he could not tell her that she was beautiful, he ended up saying what he did not really mean. Jae Shin's eyes moved from the window to look down. It felt as if he hadn't seen her face in years. Jae Shin's fanning never stopped.

“내게는 너로 인해 쓰고 지운 글이 참 많아. 언제쯤 그 글이 멈춰질까? 얼마나 지나야 네 얼굴을 볼 수 있을까? 보고 싶다...”

"I have a lot of poems about you that I have written and erased. When will I stop writing? How long before I can look at your face? I miss you..."

또다시 밖으로 나오지 못하는 중얼거림이었다. 주위가 지나치리만큼 적막했다. 이 근방에서 느껴지는 기척이라고는 윤희의 색색거림이 전부인 듯하였다. 재신의 상체가 그녀를 향해 기울어졌다. 그의 입술이 볼에 닿기 직전까지 다가갔다가 가까스로 멈췄다. 하마터면 큰일날 뻔한 순간이었다. 재신은 자신의 입술을 깨물었다.

Again he did not voice them out loud but mumbled. It was very quiet. Only thing that can be heard was Yoon Hee's deep breathing. Jae Shin's upper body started to lean towards Yoon Hee. His lips almost touched her cheek but he stopped in time. It was very close. Jae Shin bit his lips.

“젠장! 지금 뭐 하자는 거야!”

"Geez! What do you think you are doing!"

아뿔싸! 이번 말은 입 밖으로 튀어나오고 말았다. 그가 자신의 실수를 깨닫는 찰나, 잠에서 화들짝 깨어난 윤희가 머리를 휙 들었다. 꽝!

잠에서 깨자마자 무언가에 뒤통수를 얻어맞은 윤희는 통증 부위를 움켜쥐고 깜짝 놀라 주위를 두리번거렸다. 그런데 재신이 자신의 턱을 쥐고 바닥에 웅크리고 있었다.

Oops! This time, he ended up speaking out loud. As he realized his mistake, waking up from her nap Yoon Hee abruptly raised her head. Bang! Grabbing back of her head, startled Yoon Hee looked around. Then found Jae Shin on the floor with his hand on his chin.

“거, 걸오 사형! 여기서 뭐 하십니까?”

"Gu, Gurl Oh Sa Hyung! What are you doing here?"

“야, 인마! 너 깨우려다가 내 턱이 깨졌잖아! 저놈의 돌대가리.”

"Hey, you! I was just trying to wake you up but ended up with a broken jaw! You and your stone head."

LOL! Since there is no English translation of the book, I wanted to share this particular passage...

If you are interested in reading the books in Korean click below...

1f6xib.jpg

Guest Asha Summer

An on going vote for BEST ACTOR IS IS ON On this SITE, please ! Please let us vote,vote, vote! Let us give this one for our YOO AH IN!

tumblr_ldvgr8NDCC1qftunoo1_500.gif

Have a Merry Christmas evryone!

@Tiny, have a safe trip dear!

Guest lightyagami29

An on going vote for BEST ACTOR IS IS ON On this SITE, please ! Please let us vote,vote, vote! Let us give this one for our YOO AH IN!

*quoted image*

Have a Merry Christmas evryone!

@Tiny, have a safe trip dear!

Hello there,, i have a question.. Are you a Filipino? 'cause I am..

Guest aycel02

Hey guys! still stalking this thread and the Yoo Ah In Preventorium (from where i found this vids thanks to mathed2001)

Just wanted to share this two videos made by Shelly (YooAhIn@Youtube). Check it out!

It is adapted from the story of “Duo Yun’s Life” written by Shelly and Wu Yun. All the characters of “Duo Yun’s Life” are the same as the original book titled “Sungkyunkwan Scholars’ Life.” In the original book, Duo Yun is Jae Shin’s “little” wife.

Guel Ro and Duo Yun – Duo Yun’s Life Part 1

Part 1: The story of “Duo Yun’s Life” is about a little girl named Duo Yun whom was picked by Moon Jae Shin’s aunt for him as his wife. Duo Yun appears to be gentle but in fact, she is quite clever. After knowing that she will be married, she sneaked out and wanted to take a look at her fiancé. But, instead, she saw someone in a fight. What she did not know was that “someone” is her fiancé… On one hand, Jae Shin does not care about getting married. But, on the other, Duo Yun is so happy and is preparing for the wedding. After getting married, Jalgeum four go to the palace and learn that they are going to Qing Dynasty for three years. Since then, Duo Yun has been waiting for Jae Shin’s return at home…

Guel Ro and Duo Yun – Duo Yun’s Life Part 2

Part 2: In this part of the video, during the three years that the Emperor asked the Jalgeum Four to stay in Qing Dynasty, Duo Yun, meanwhile, is studying and working very hard in Korea. After two years of hard work, she secretly goes to Qing Dynasty without telling her family to look for Jae Shin. Is Jae Shin going to see his little wife Duo Yun in Qing Dynasty? [~~To Be Continue~~]

Guel Ro and Duo Yun – Duo Yun’s Life Part 3

Part 3: Adapted from the story of “Duo Yun’s Life” written by Shelly and Wu Yun. All the characters of “Duo Yun’s Life” are the same as the original book titled “Sungkyunkwan Scholars’ Life.” In this part of the video, Duo Yun can’t go directly to Moon’s house to look for Jae Shin because she came to the Qing Dynasty secretly. In order not to let Jae Shin find out about herself, she dresses herself as a boy performing on the street to earn some money. One day, she sees Jalgeum Four walking happily on the street together. The two walk right pass each other. Duo Yun can’t call out Jae Shin and Jae Shin does not recognize Duo Yun. A moment later, Goo Yong Ha thought he saw someone familiar. Jae Shin hesitates a little then turn around trying to run after “him” but “he” is no longer there… Duo Yun’s master saw Wen Ning who is Jae Shin’s attendant. So he told Duo Yun to follow Wen Ning. This way, she could take a peek at Jae Shin. But, when she gets there, what she sees is Jae Shin and Yoon Hee are jokingly playing together. Duo Yun can’t understand. She remembers she asked Yoon Hee why she can’t like Jae Shin before. Yoon Hee told her that Jae Shin was just like her brother. Duo Yun was crying and begging Yoon Hee to like Jae Shin. Duo Yun wanted Jae Shin to be happy. But, Yoon Hee’s answer was no. And now, looking at Jae Shin and Yoon Hee are so happy together, Duo Yun does not understand why she starts to feel heartache. Therefore, she decides to return to Korea… [~~To Be Continue~~]

Spread the virus!

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Finished reading 규장각 각신들의 나날 (Days of Kyujanggak Workers)...

Liked it much better than the 성균관 유생들의 나날 (Days of Sungkyunkwan Students)... actually, loved it!

I have not read Korean novels in decades and now I am hooked because of 정은궐 (Jung Eun Guer), the author of above two novels! A female author BTW, but I can not find a photo of her...

I hope she writes Season 3... pretty please?!

-----------------------------------------------

2qdze4l.jpg

Read a rumor today, her previous novel 해를품은달 (Sun Embraced by Moon)... published in 2005... will be made into a drama...

The basic story of the book is young 조선 왕 (Chosun King), 이훤 (Lee Huwon), in love with with 무녀 (shaman woman), he nicknames her 월 (Wul) after a chance encounter but her real name is 연희 (Yeun Hee)... there is a love triangle of course... enter 운검 (Woon Gum), King's bodyguard and right-hand man... described as cold and distant...

OK, so I vote for YAI as Woon Gum... or am I typecasting him??? LOL

Alas, no hard copy of the book, so I have to read the PDF file... but better than none!

Finished reading 규장각 각신들의 나날 (Days of Kyujanggak Workers)...

-----------------------------------------------

OK, so I vote for YAI as Woon Gum... or am I typecasting him??? LOL

aah i envy you for being able to read korean! i want to read those books very much but there are no translations available yet so its impossible :(

YAI would do a fine job portraying cold and distant.. but i kinda want him to do a different character for his next project to show off his acting skills ;)

Guest Asha Summer

Hello there,, i have a question.. Are you a Filipino? 'cause I am..

lightyagami29 hello there! Yes, I am =) Nice to meet u. I met quite a number of YAIManila girls recently! So please join us @ the HAVENfor more YOO AH IN Cure.

xlolitsnozomix, thanks for the invite @ YooAhIn_Addict I'll sure visit your site!Drob by@ the haven as well. :wub:

Let's spread the virus!

***EDIT*** top the PAGE!! hehhehe, how about some YAI gift for Christmas! Happy Bubble Bath from LONDON!

tumblr_ldzxtyO7011qenmq1o1_500.jpg

he is back in korea now ^^

those fans who went to welcome him back at the airport are really resourceful.. i wonder how they manage to find out his flight details o.O

1c6d23e2df52eb60b838203.jpg

24971a27eed7e4ea4723e81.jpg

ae96083b42aa0d7371cf6c1.jpg

(taken from baidu)

Guest Asha Summer

Just dropping by to GREET everyone a HAPPY YOO AH IN NEW YEAR! !!!! May the 2011 be a bright year for all of US & our beloved YOO AH IN! More movies and shows to come! Aja Fighting!

Guest Rxgoodleaf

2nro7c0.jpg

배우 유아인이 영국여행 중 찍은 사진을 공개해 네티즌들의 시선을 모으고 있다.

유아인은 29일 오전 자신의 미니홈피에 영국 런던을 여행하며 찍은 사진을 게재했다. 사진 속 유아인은 세계에서 가장 큰 회전관람차 런던아이(London Eye)와 템즈강을 배경으로 샌드위치를 먹고 있다.

Ah In posted pictures from his recent London trip on his mini-hompy on 12/29/10...

The pics of him eating a sandwitch with Londe Eye (Ferris wheel) and River Thames as background...

Ah In ah, please close your mouth when you are chewing... thank you...