[movie 2009] Closer To Heaven 내사랑 내곁에

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest tenshiii0ox

I can't wait to see this film. Kim Myung Min is one of my favorite actors because his acting really causes the chills to run down my spine. I love the fact that he is willing to put time and effort into his character. I dearly wish there would be more actors like him.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zombie

Media had so much interest in KMM , it is quite obvious that HJW had already been sidelined by them. :lol:

Hope it doesn't affect her passion for this movie.

Guest piano_lady

TRIVIA

(reposting from MyungMin International KMM Trivia Thread)

Was Jong Woo courting his lady love in this scene?

66-1.png

67-1.png

more caps from this scene here: http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...59&start=15 (scroll down to the middle of the page)

The pizza he's bringing her is from Solomon Pizza, a pizza chain in Gyeongsang ;)

055-271-8009 경상남도 마산시 진동면 진동리 495-3 음식점 > 피자

jindongri 495-3 Gyeongsangnam-do Masan 055-271-8009

055-299-9494 경상남도 창원시 서상동 505

Gyeongsangnam-do changwonsi 505 seosangdong 055-299-9494

055-547-3945 경상남도 진해시 자은동 911

Gyeongsangnam-do Jinhae 055-547-3945 City jaeundong 911

055-276-2400 경상남도 창원시 명서동 52-13

Gyeongsangnam-do changwonsi 52-13 myeongseodong 055-276-2400

055-298-8228 경상남도 창원시 소계동 713-3

Gyeongsangnam-do 713-3 sogyedong changwonsi 055-298-8228

055-273-5002 경상남도 창원시 도계동 307-8

Gyeongsangnam-do 307-8 dogyedong changwonsi 055-273-5002

061-755-4003 전라남도 순천시 가곡동 646

646 Jeollanam gagokdong Suncheon 061-755-4003

credits to DCinside

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

News about the world's most famous Lou Gehrig disease patient, Stephen Hawkins

art.hawking.jpg

Scientist Stephen Hawking 'very ill'

• Story Highlights
  • Physicist Stephen Hawking is hospitalized and "very ill"
  • Cambridge University, England, where he is professor issued health bulletin
  • Wheelchair-bound Hawking wrote "A Brief History of Time"

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Scientist and author Stephen Hawking is "very ill" and has been hospitalized, according to Cambridge University, where he is a professor.

Cambridge University said the 67-year-old is "comfortable" and will stay overnight at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge.

Hawking, one of the world's most famous physicists, is also a cosmologist, astronomer, and mathematician.

Wheelchair-bound Hawking is perhaps most famous for "A Brief History of Time" which explored the origins of the universe in layman's terms, is considered a modern classic.

Hawking has Lou Gehrig's Disease (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, or ALS), which is usually fatal after three years. Hawking has survived for more than 40 years since his diagnosis.

On his Web site, Hawking has written about living with ALS. "I try to lead as normal a life as possible, and not think about my condition, or regret the things it prevents me from doing, which are not that many," he wrote.

He added: "I have been lucky, that my condition has progressed more slowly than is often the case. But it shows that one need not lose hope."

The disease has left him paralyzed -- he is able to move only a few fingers on one hand. Hawking is completely dependent on others or technology for virtually everything -- bathing, dressing, eating, even speech. He uses a speech synthesizer with an American accent. video.gifWatch Larry King's interview with Hawking in 1999 »

Hawking has been married and divorced twice. In 2004, police completed an investigation into accusations by Hawking's daughter that his second wife was abusing him. Authorities said they found no proof.

His Web site says he has three children and one grandchild.

Hawking was born in Oxford, England, on what turned out to be an auspicious date: January 8, 1942 -- the 300th anniversary of the death of astronomer and physicist Galileo Galilei.

A Cambridge University spokesman told CNN: "Professor Hawking is very ill and has been taken by ambulance to Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge."

Professor Peter Haynes, head of the university's department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, said: "Professor Hawking is a remarkable colleague, we all hope he will be amongst us again soon."

At Cambridge, he holds the position of Lucasian Professor Mathematics -- the prestigious post held from 1669 to 1702 by Sir Isaac Newton.

Hawking has guest-starred, as himself, on Star Trek: The Next Generation and The Simpsons. He also said if he had the choice of meeting Newton or Marilyn Monroe, his choice would be Marilyn.

In October, CNN's Becky Anderson interviewed Hawking. The following are some quotes from that interview:

"Over the last twenty years, observations have to a large extent confirmed the picture I painted in 'A Brief History of Time.' The one major development that was not anticipated was the discovery that the expansion of the universe is accelerating now, rather than slowing down... We live in the most probable of all possible worlds." video.gifWatch the CNN interview »

"I believe that the long-term future of the human race must be in space. It will be difficult enough to avoid disaster on planet Earth in the next hundred years, let alone next thousand, or million."

"I see great dangers for the human race ... but I'm an optimist. If we can avoid disaster for the next two centuries, our species should be safe as we spread into space."

CNN's Jennifer Pifer contributed to this report

Guest Zombie

KMM aka Jong Woo looked disappointed that his lady love didn't turned up for dinner.

Oh...yummy pizza...no one eating you. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Huge & surprising news about this film's special guest star Seol Kyung-gu.

Source: The Korea Times 05-08-2009 16:01

Actor Seol and Actress Song to Marry on May 28

wed1.jpg

Actor Seol Kyung-gu, 41, and actress Song Yun-ah, 36, will marry on May 28.

The renowned actor and actress plan to announce their scheduled wedding at Litz-Carlton Hotel in southern Seoul Saturday at 4 p.m.

They made up their mind to marry, following a recent greeting session of their families, a close source of the couple said.

"We appeared together in two films but we started dating in fall of 2007 in full scale," said Actress Song. "We spontaneously got to have mind to get marry each other."

Actor Seol earlier married his senior actor An Nae-sang's sister in 1996 when he acting in the theater. However, he divorced in 2006, four years of estranged life.

"Seol has lived alone since 2002, when he was shooting a film, Jail Breaker, as main actor as his wife lived in Canada. He has never lived together although his wife returned in 2005," said a spokesman of the agency of Actor Seol.

Seol is best known for his roles in the popular Public Enemy and Silmido. He studied film and theater at Hanyang University and upon graduation took part in mostly theatrical productions.

He displayed his marvelous acting skills in Palme d'Or nominated and Silver Lion winning director Lee Chang-dong's Peppermint Candy, in which he is a suicidal man devastated by the two-decades of historical change his country undergoes and as a mildly mentally-retarded outcast with sociopathic inclinations in Oasis, two groundbreaking films that started the Korean new wave film movement.

Song is a renowned model-turned actress. She spent most of her childhood days in Gimcheon, North Gyeongsang Province. She graduated with a Humanities Degree at the Hanyang University. Song, as an aspiring actress, made her debut in the 1995 KBS drama Age of Individuality.

She later became a well-known icon by co-starring in the mbc drama Hotelier. Song is also part-time lecturer at the Korean Central Academy of Fine Arts. Her movie, Face is supposed to have already been completed somewhere around this August.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest piano_lady

Read in DCinside that filming will wrap up on the 25th.

So far, KMM has already finished filming his scenes...like 2 weeks ago, I think ;)

Guest piano_lady

My Love By My Side Trivia

Did you know that the English working title of that movie is...

AFlowerMan-1.jpg

Yes, it's "A FLOWER MAN" ...

Guest angelsfaith

aw the filming is over. good to hear that! I cant wait to see this movie.

hope it air here in the philippines hehe :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sum-chick

ok...just heard of it..i loved KMM in Beethoven VIrus!!..now with myall time fave actress HA JI WON!!!..

CAN NOT WAIT NOW!!!! hurry and AIR!!!

Guest piano_lady

reposting from KMM's thread and MyungMin International

~~~~~~~~

2nd Official News Update - http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...f=135&t=409

Only 64 kilos for Kim Myung Min?

Did you ever wonder why KMM's target weight is 64 kilos?

According to the production company of the movie "My Love By My Side/A Flower Man/Closer to Heaven", his physique at 64 kilos was best to portray Baek Jong Woo. This also was his weight when he received the Best Actor Award at the PaekSang Arts Award in February this year.

Kim Myung Min and Ha Ji Won were scheduled to do a teaser photoshoot for the movie on the 15th-16th of June upon Kim Myung Min's return from the Netherlands. However, Kim Myung Min was only around kilos at that time. Since he did not reach his target of 64 kilos to achieve the desired Baek Jong Woo look, the photoshoot was delayed.

Curious about the Baek Jong Woo look? Check out the photos below. Credits as indicated.

Kim Myung Min at the PaekSang Arts Award in Feb 2009

n1080992284_30155247_5218125.jpg

2393_1050260251682_1080992284_30155241_7466831_n.jpg

n1080992284_30155244_5305793.jpg

27 June 2009, MyungMin International

Guest piano_lady

reposting from KMM's thread!

Third Official News Updates...

Source: MyungMin International (July 2, 2009)

http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...f=135&t=441

Kim Myung Min's June Trip to the Land of Tulips, Windmills and Bicycles

After completing the shooting of the movie "My Love By My Side", Kim Myung Min flew to Holland (Netherlands) during the second week of June primarily for the production of promotional materials for the movie. Kim Myung Min did a photo shoot for "Elle" magazine, and at the same time, filmed a travel show for Korean fashion TV, "On Style". Both "Elle" magazine and "On Style" travel show will be out in October in Korea after the release of the movie.

Kim Myung Min returned to Korea on June 18th. Contrary to rumours, his family didn't travel with him this time.

for more KMM news please check out: http://forum.myungmininternational.com/index.php

Guest piano_lady

Reposting from MMI -- online news posted today, 11 July 2009

(traditional and simplified Chinese translation here: http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...mp;p=3799#p3799

"Weight loss of 20kg"KMM"I don't want to go on a diet again."

2009-07-11(Saturday)Morning 08:12

newsen.jpg

Actor KMM didn't hold anything back when he shared about the difficulties with having to lose 20kg for the filming of a movie.

In the MBC 'Section TV Culture Program' which was broadcasted on the 10th, actor KMM's "I don't want to go on a diet again" has attracted attention.

In the film "My Love By My Side", KMM played the role of a Lou Gehrig's Disease patient Baek Jong Woo. His weight loss was 20kg.

In the broadcast, KMM expressed that "while filming for 'Beethoven Virus', my weight was 72kg. While filming for the movie, my weight was 52kg. My image now is actually after some weight gain."

KMM also said "Everyday as I was preparing for the movie, I had nightmares. Dreamt that I went to the hospital, being diagnosed with the Lou Gehrig's disease." He did not hold anything back, because of the mental and physical stress, "I don't want to act in films which require me to lose weight again."

And also, KMM has something to say about the comment that he is "an actor who has great ambitions towards acting".

"If effort is put in, there will be rewards." In every production, he is able to portray the role perfectly. A true actor, KMM said "Efforts cannot be half-hearted, an actor just has to put in effort into his works." It proves that he is one who puts in his utmost best in his works.

Kim Myung Min and Ha Ji Won's movie "My love by my side", a movie that talks about the gradual decline of Lou Gehrig's disease victim, Jong Woo and his love, Chi Suk, who stands by him, will be released in fall.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200907110454021001

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks to Jina of 5d6d for the K->C translation, E->C translation by wai

Chinese translation here: http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...f=142&t=489

Kim Myung Min "The continuation of a nightmare, being sick in the dream"

2009-07-11 오전 11:07:27

200907111107272300_1.jpg

KMM "The continuation of a nightmare, being diagnosed with the Lou Gehrig's Disease in a dream"

Actor KMM's "Being diagnosed with the Lou Gehrig's Disease in a dream" has attracted attention.

On the 10th, MBC's 'section TV actor's news' was broadcast. Actor KMM has expressed that his weight of 72kg while filming the drama "Beethoven Virus" has gone down to 52kg when shooting for "My Love By My Side" was taking place. He has gained some weight since then.

"I had nightmares everyday as I was preparing for the shooting.", "In the dream, I went to the hospital, had tubes inserted into my body, and I was told that I had Lou Gehrig's Disease. I didn't want to take up a

role where I had to lose weight again." He let the audience know about the mental and physical stress that he was under while playing the role of a Lou Gehrig's Disease patient.

As to the saying that he is "ambitious in acting", he said, "you will probably get the reward that's proportionate to the amount of effort put in", "There is no way to lie about the effort put in. The amount of

effort an actor puts in will be shown in his works."

One of the world's most cruel diseases – the Lou Gehrig's Disease; the touching story between Jong Woo, who has to struggle with the disease, and Chi Xiu. The second half of the production has been completed and

is scheduled for release this fall.

http://osen.freechal.com/news/view.asp?code=G0907110065

Guest piano_lady

Finally...release date of My Love By My Side has been confirmed!

Click here for more details! :)

For MMI members only... ;)

Not yet a member?

Join us! Registration instructions here :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Release date is September 24.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200908101008511003

EDIT:

Source: DaheeFanel

http://daheefanel.wordpress.com/2009/08/10...a-release-date/

“My Love By My Side” Sets A Release Date

The upcoming Kim Myung Min/Ha Ji Won film, My Love By My Side, has settled on a release date: September 24th. And I am so excited.

The film, directed by renowned director Park Jin Pyo (of You Are My Sunshine and Voice Of A Murderer fame), deals with a man with a bright attitude who has Lou Gehrig’s disease (as played by Kim Myung Min), and is slowly becoming more and more paralyzed. Ha Ji Won plays the cheerful funeral director who loves him. Kim Myung Min lost 20 kg little by little as shooting progressed for the role, method acting-style. Man oh man, that must have been tough.

Anyway! I am super excited, as mentioned above. Park Jin Pyo proved with You Are My Sunshine that he can take a normally cliched, melodramatic premise and turn it into something realistic and touching. Also, KIM MYUNG MIN. Need I say more? The man is a god. Plus, Ha Ji Won’s fairly good, although I wish she would take a break and allow herself to live life a little and grow even more as an actress. Even if the film itself turns out to be disappointing (small chance of that, I’d say), Kim Myung Min is sure to give another great performance. I can’t wait to see it.

(Via E-Daily)

Archived