Shyness - And How It Ruins My Social And Love Life :(

Guest 아이돌FAN

First, breathe deeply and relax.

Let analyze the whole situation.

From your information, you have been shy for quite awhile.

So its hard listening to people's advice to miracously have confidence in yourself.

Plan out small steps until you finally reach your goal which is simply: "I want to be able to speak to a hot guy without feelings like a total wierdo."

Ask one of your close best friend and play this small game, it would have build up your confidence, listening, and awareness.

Both of you sit across from eachother, and try to stare eachother in the eye, without smiling.

Everytime one of you smile, you have to start the game over.

If you and your friend are able to make it through longer periods of times, then proceed to make funny faces to increase the intensity.

You would begin to notice things around you.

Don't be afraid to L.I.M: Live in the Moment.

Always try to make eye contact with one another, if hes talking to you.

It will show that you are interested in his subjects, and he would continue talking.

Which is not a BAD thing.

Just nod and smile.

As he talks, think of scenerios, or questions you would ask him to make the subjects more interesting.

If all falls, ask him for his AIM.

It easier talking in AIM, then in person.

Slowly as you become more comfortable, try to speak to him.

;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WildSevenGirl

Lol.

I'm like that too.

If I'm around my bifflez, I'm like, "LOOOL ROFL. SADLJFSALKDFJ."

If I'm in somewhere where I don't know ANYONE, I'm silent, unless people talk to me. That's rare 'cause no one really does so. xD I probably look scary or something.

But, no, someone always comes along to talk to me so I open up and yeah. xD

>_> Just.

When people talk to you, smile and talk back to them, all happy.

That's pretty much it, yeah. xD

hmm ur onli 15

u still got time to get out of ur shell

i think it will happen over time

u just have to get out of ur comfort zone...

try to talk to people... strangers

get a job... it will help u heaps!!

dont worri i use to be like u.... started to change when i went into uni (college)

and after collegee i just totalli came out ... turned in the party girl lolz

so yea theres hope :)

Guest shooting_stars

You know what people say? "Just ACT like you're confident, and nobody will ever know the difference."

Like most of the others, I used to be like you too. I was a transfer student last year, and I kept to myself a lot. People tried talking to me, but I just brushed them off. I was really bitter about everything and I HATED group projects. I was basically a complete anti-social. I only let a few people in after some time. But, somehow, I managed to break out of that shell, and now I talk a lot more and joke around with the people in my school (or at least I try to, which only works sometimes, but it's fun). You just have to worry less about how other people perceive you. You probably have low self-esteem, huh? I had that too, and still do, but not as much as before. (Although unlike you, no guy has ever come across my way...yet.)

You know what I do now? Whenever I'm standing next to some person I don't know and it feels totally awkward, I just start rambling. I start off with something like, "So...I'm kind of an awkward person, and I tend to make a lot of conversation when something like this happens...etc." Some people might find it annoying (though I haven't done that to anyone who finds it annoying yet), and some might think it's funny. I made friends with this girl at my job by doing this. :D Just say whatever is on your mind and forget what that person might think. How did you make friends with the ones that you have now?

Oh, and join clubs or something at your school! That's always a great way to meet people who have the same interests as you.

I think I use to be in this situation :D

But not as worse LOL!!

I recon you should get a part-time job, fast food or retail? It's a good form of practice with talking to customers and the such.

Try to talk to everyone in your grade, say hi to them if they're in your class, ask them for help etc

Tell your friends or people in your class, "I'm very shy, so thats why I don't talk alot." They'll try ta help you out :)

Hey I use to be like you and still am a tiny bit.

Just change your mind set~

I thought about stuff like "I'm going to have to be confident in the future so why not start now?!"

And yeah gradually could talk to girls ~__~

Guest sodaniechea

I was like that in highschool xD you just grow out of it. I can't really give any advice on how to do it, because it's something that you'll get used to in highschool so you'll open up slowly :]

Guest Sleepy213

just how you fart at home..infront of your mom/dad. DO IT.

hahaha.

to tell you the truth, i was just like you. but i broke the bond

by just being open and gave ppl comfortable open feelings.

lets just say..dont get TOO open..lol

Guest colloquy

Just behave like you normally do around your friends. Works like a charm. Don' take everything seriously, lighten up and have some fun. Believe me, as somebody who used to be shy and is now more outgoing, it's not that hard! :D

Archived