[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

edensor said: iu93jjang said: this are the thing that make me sad
Kara controversy i don't know if any of you know it but people keep defending them saying that they are human too make mistake.. but when IU case all the bad name and all but everyone keep saying that her mistake so she should take it .. nobody deserve to be call a name cause their mistake.. idol are human make mistake and they have feeling.. i wonder how Kara feel right now.. netz hating are so extreme this day i just wish that IU stay out from any issue cause before her comeback.. i don't think i can read those haters comment that are so low about her.. i just wish she have a grand comeback and prove to haters about her.. but most importantly she having fun and do what she like.. we as her fan should support her :) But maybe that hate, now its make her much more mature. I can't imagine her as cute IU on Heroes anymore. Or she is fangirling over Taeyang. Her eyes gaze is deeeeeeeper than before. We can see it clearly. She is much more calm and wiser now. She is before, but NOW, alot more.My lil IU really much more beatiful, not only in appearance but the way she act and behave now. I hope that bring transition to her music too. I'm in the list of people who like her sing more to ballads and that kinda songs. With her only singing maybe plus guirtar but not with all that dance. Saw her dancing Good Day these day is kinda... LOL That time way pass her now.
Just my thought. I like and still listen to her cutesy, pop songs, but I am really looking forward to her matured image because with it should come more ballads, more songs with a deeper meaning, more soul, and more emotions. And can I just say again how proud I am of her and all her accomplishments? :D :x

So excited for

'Monday Afternoon'

3rd Japanese Single

it's gonna be great!

Sept 11

:x

ようこそ! | アイユー ジャパン オフィシャル ファンク ラブ | IU JAPAN OFFICIAL FAN CLUB IU(アイユー) オフィシャル ファンクラブ

Read more at www.iloveiu.jp

Annyeong Yeorobon,

Cute IU

This is the image most of the Kpop world has of IU, the question I'm wondering about is will that same world allow her to grow up?

tumblr_mspkriZPZW1rlx4dso1_500.jpg

Cr - mistassong

Whether the Kpop world is ready or not, IU is not waiting around for them, this is the start of the next phase of IU's growth. 

A more mature IU in  Black

tumblr_mspnoyPWLi1rq6fv1o1_500.jpg

Cr - kichigaikai

and in White.  This was the first time for the general public to see the young woman that is IU, and she blew them all away with her beauty.

tumblr_mspo7fnqe41rlzlwyo1_500.jpg

Cr - iumushimushi

From all accounts ( black high heels and trousers ) IU's concept for her new Korean Album will show case her mature look.  I for one cannot wait.  Her voice is bigger and stronger than the typical Kpoppy sound, and I to would love to hear her sing some ballads with soul, and also to hear some blues and jazz one day.  I am ready to buy her album for sure.

Guest iheartyou1518

since @edensor shared how she got to know IU.. i'll share mine too.. i only knew Big bang in kpop, while looking for some of their videos, ive seen a video of this..taeyang-iu.png
 a cute lady spazzing like a true blue fangirl and then i got curious, so i googled her then i've known shes a famous singer in korea.. this is the first song ive listened to her sing.. 

i've become a fan on the spot and the rest is history.. 

i wanna know how you knew IU too.. ladies, please share it too.. :)

Annyeong @iheartyou1518, I think I've mentioned it before, but just to recap I first saw IU singing 'Love letter to You' featuring Shinee's Key in 2009. When I see an artist/entertainer for the first time, and if they capture my interest for any reason, I then try to find everything I can about them. 

For example MNIKSS was my second Kdrama after my  introduction to Kdrama's with the epic Dae Jang Geum. I immediately fell for Kim Sun Ah and Hyun BIn ( they remain in my top 3 favourite actors to this day ) thereby I endeavoured to find out all about them, watch all of their work and to keep tabs on their future projects.

Binnie led me to Secret Garden, where I fell in love with the song 'Reason' by 4Men, I was quite taken aback by the emotion delivered by  Shin Young Jae who I believe has the greatest male voice in Kpop. ( I am so happy he managed to get recognition in Immortal Song 2 ). I thought the chemistry between HJW and Binnie was magic and that was the first 'couple shipping' that seemed so REAL to me. Interestingly I didn't ship KSA with Binnie.

KSA led me to 'City Hall' with Cha Seung Won, now this is my no1 RomCom of all time. The leads are just WOW and of course you can't ship CSW with anyone as he's been married since he was 19yrs old. Then he did Greatest love with Gong Hye Jin that was FAB too and IU wrote and sang her song 'Take My Hand'. I so hoped she would release this song as a single it was fantastic and better than anything on the Kpop charts at the time. My appreciation of her talent had grown 100 fold by now.

I feverishly devoured everything I could about her. All the variety shows, the Radio shows, every performance from everywhere, I was well and truly hooked. I started my day with IU and finished my day with IU.

GHJ is right up their with KSA for me, I love the interaction both ladies had with Gong Yoo, from Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy with GHJ to, I forget how many he did with KSA, 3 or 4?  Now then GY and YEH in Coffee Prince had amazing chemistry, but I didn't ship them at all .(  I was probably the only one who didn't ship them )

Now GHJ is paired up with my 2nd male actor of all time So Ji Sub in Master's Sun, and I am a sooooo happy to see him in a RomCom and where he doesn't die, or get beaten up etc, eg  'Cain and Able',' What happened in Bali' to name a couple. When I heard these two had signed to Master's Sun I was ecstatic especially as it meant I had something to look forward to as YTBLSS was wrapping up. The dynamic between these two is everything a fan could wish for and more, plus they are both still single and I have never seen SJS so animated as witnessed in all their BTS shots and interviews. I know I can hear you scream NOT FAIR, I agree.

You're probably wondering where I'm going with this, well IU has led me to the JoU pairing/couple. I want to share with you what I think about JoU in  light of my previously mentioned couples. HB & HJW, GY & YEH, SJS & GHJ all have crazy, awesome chemistry and you could feel it on screen. BUT now here's the thing, although JoU have all of that too, however they have something extra, that I don't get from the others and from my POV, that something is a 'sense of intimacy' without actually getting intimate as all these other couples have in their respective drama's. It's the soft body clasped tightly to the hard body, it's the cheek pressed up tightly into the neck, it's the stroking and touching and squeezing where it can't be seen, its the puckering up for a kiss when it was supposed to be a surprise, it's the holding of hands when the camera had stopped rolling, and finally the gazing into each others eyes, off the camera. That's what I see and feel, intimacy.

What ever happens with JoU is up to them, the 'Stars' or 'Fate' has brought them together in YTBLSS, they now exist in each others world and the rest is up to them. As loyal fans we celebrate everything they do and offer them our support in any way, be it film, tv, or music.

Just for fun here is my top 5 male and female actors, in no particular order - Cha Seung Won, So Ji Sub, Hyun Bin, Gong Yoo and Cho Jung Seok.Ladies - Kim Sun Ah, Gong Hye JIn, Yoon Eun Hye, Ha JI Won, Moon Chae Won and IU.

Mianhe as I was writing I realised I blurred my threads again. So now I start my day with JoU and I finish my day with JoU, and inbetween my day I hungrily search the threads here at Soompi for any tid bits of news because the JoU Detectives here are awesome.

Kumawo

Here is beautiful uri IU bringing us smiles and joy.

asiaaddiction                    

Follow tumblr_mstdevAxhJ1so8epdo1_250.giftumblr_mstdevAxhJ1so8epdo2_250.giftumblr_mstdevAxhJ1so8epdo3_250.gif tumblr_mstdevAxhJ1so8epdo4_250.giftumblr_mstdevAxhJ1so8epdo5_250.giftumblr_mstdevAxhJ1so8epdo6_250.gif tumblr_mstdevAxhJ1so8epdo7_250.giftumblr_mstdevAxhJ1so8epdo8_250.giftumblr_mstdevAxhJ1so8epdo9_250.gif

Hi, @iheartyou1518
>:D<
MY IU Storyis quite long too :D

I think the first time I chanced upon IU and really took notice of her was one of those Sketchbook’s video clips where IU was singing that medley of “Gee-Lie-Sorry,Sorry”  with her guitar.  I think this video was in 2009.

There I was looking at this cute girl who’s so cool singing and playing her guitar.
(you see it’s been my dream to learn & play the guitar, but I never got to, cause I really suck on it hahaha)…so I really envy my male friends who are good at it. So imagine my amazement, seeing IU, a girl! so cool on the guitar!

She even gained the praise and admiration of a senior, established musician, Yoo Hee Yeol.
Ever since, that is how I perceive her …’the singer & her guitar’ (not the idol image)

Just to borrow a quote by Adam Levine (from The Voice 2013)
"Playing (musical instrument and sing at the same time) by yourself is a gift and a talent that can't be taught."

And a bonus …..now is how great she is in acting too.

HER CHOICE OF SONGS

The songs that she do covers…are quite diverse.From the cutesy genre…to the most serious ones.
At her young age, it’s amazing that one of her favorite artists, is the British song-writer guitarist, Corrine Bailey Ray who’s genre is soul-jazz-blues. wow.
HER VOICE RANGE
Musically, IU is naturally gifted.  The talent is inborn and instinctive as they say.She debuted in 2008, and indeed her singing style is still evolving.
I think (well I’m not that an expert)…but  I think her voice shines best in soulful, low-key husky renditions of songs, acoustic, unplugged style…where there is not much technical instruments …just her raw voice.Just her voice and her guitar…perfect…heavenly.
Hopefully, as she mature in the course of her musical career, she can focus on this genre too.

http://youtu.be/MbAbQri7kwM
OTHER MEMORABLE SONG COVERS
I like her rendition of  …..
Loving You (original by Minnie Riperton) Video Killed the Radio Star (original by Buggles)Good Person  ( by TOY/Yoo Hee Yeol)Almost Lover (by A Fine Frenzy)
ON THE CUTE SIDE
I like Marshmallow song the best :P
FUNNY IUBUT I REALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH HER AHJUMMA LAUGH HERE in this vid with Heechul….Ha-ha-ha! @0:29=))
"uh oppa biane"...nyahahaha...almost falling from her chair!

ABOUT HER
So from there I got to learn more about her, her ways and personality also from testimonies of long-time fans and also detailed interviews about her.  How inspiring, that inspite of life's difficulties she did not give up and has succeeded.How loyal and caring she is to friends (colleagues who are even way older...and also same age as her) who have gotten close to her, that’s why I hope they will give here equal loyalty and respect as she has this good, generous heart and soul. Dearest  Lee Ji Eun.
:x