[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

[TRANSLATION] 141016 From.IU - Which is uglier? - 4:06pm

Selca vs News article

tumblr_ndj0jiL9qt1qz9daco1_500.jpgtumblr_ndj0jiL9qt1qz9daco2_500.jpg

[TRANSLATION] 141016 IU replies to fans’ comments on her fancafe post - 4:11pm

Mistershin: But are you referring to your voice?? (Note: IU posted a selca and a news photo and asked which was worse.)
IU: Which is worse, tricking or riduculing?

Fan: My friends say the second one is prettier, what do you think?
IU: No good…

Fan: You must have seen all the news photos, pick one that’s your favourite~ ^^
IU: Purr -inserts the news photo again-

Translated by squishy with love

[TRANSLATION] 141014 IU’s Twitter Update

[TRANSLATION] 141014 IU’s Twitter Update  Ha Dongkyun-run That’s right, oppa. Oppa is still young!!!! (I prefer “The Space Between”)  (Note: “The Space Between”is another song on the same album.)  Translated by squishy with love

Ha Dongkyun-run
That’s right, oppa. Oppa is still young!!!!
(I prefer “The Space Between”)

(Note: “The Space Between”is another song on the same album.)

Translated by squishy with love

Most of you guys probably will not be interested in this clip, but I just get a kick out of seeing YHY and IU in a clip posted by CNET.  Ok, it is CNET Korea, but still, it is the same techy geeky CNET that I check for various reviews and articles for computers and stuff.  IU and YHY on CNET?  Well, of course!  For Sony anyway.

"아이유희열이 밝힌 소니 MDR-Z7 청음 후기"

About Fashion:

As I have said before, I am no big follower of fashion, so feel free to tell me I am outdated or otherwise just not in tune, but there is something about what IU is wearing that seems sort of like what I would see in a Japanese electronics ad.  Of course that is what is being shot, but, well, I don't know exactly what it is?  The conservative colours?  The striking, crisp looking wrapped look of the skirt?  I don't know.  Nice, but not something I would expect to see IU in.  What do the girls think about this one?

Guest adikkeluangman

IU X SEOTAIJI 소격동 TEASER:I just watched this teaser. I know I'm late. The music remind me of old Taiji songs. So IU also in the same place but she not in the MV storyline. But yeah, Seotaiji known to make statement or revisit old issue in his music. That's part of the reason why he been nicknamed President of Culture of SK.

Ohh am so happy tonight. Finally some IU news! I have been missin this thread and IU news T_T
Thanks Nikki, Bucky... :"D

I want THAT HEADPHONE indeed. How much that cost? Is it expensive? Well... its Sony... so... :"3

That crowd when IU sing SGdong is adsfdhgkjl. Always glad to hear that spontaneous cheer. Solid proof peoples loves her =^___^=

Congratulations to IU on winning namba wan !!! *bowww*

IU wins #1 on 'Inkigayo'

Sunday, October 19, 2014  iu, seo taiji, sogyeokdong  58 comments

2014101914165889726_1_99_20141019160106.
Article: Seo Taiji composed and IU sung 'Sogyeokdong' wins #1 on 'Inkigayo'

Source
: Star News via Naver

1. [+5,024, -543] Whoa, she was up against some pretty strong contenders too, as expected of God-U

2. [+4,155, -377] What, she won #1??... That song got IU buffed

3. [+3,245, -368] Wow!! Seriously IU, thumbs up

4. [+2,909, -412] Trust everything IU sings!! Congratulations on the win, Seo Taiji-nim must be so happy!

5. [+2,615, -307] A random win but congratulations

6. [+490, -84] Although I'm a Seo Taiji fan, the song is better sung by IU. Not that IU's the better singer but the concept fits a female vocal better.

7. [+398, -39] It must be a funny situation for both Seo Taiji and IU ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+350, -33] Totally didn't expect it, IU must be surprised as well

Source : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/10/iu-wins-1-on-inkigayo.html

@akinahana89  IU sounds so good in that live.  I'm always amazed at IU's versatility.
Let's appreciate more of IU with this performance of Mia and Rain Drop.  IU always sounds so good in her lives.  

IU + orchestra = A++++  :)

Also, IU is nominated for Melon's Music Award. (cr - IU Offical Facebook)  Please go vote for her!
http://awards.melon.com/award/vote/fvote.htm

@akinahana89:
Sony MDR-Z7 US list price is US $699.99.
Another Data Diet:
I blew my "data budget" for the current month again.  I had to do some heavy computer stuff lately and I was tight as it was.  But then I made a mistake and downloaded a 4.3 GB DVD image which turned out to be the wrong one.  My mistake and correction ate up about a week's worth of Internet.  In case you were wondering, ny account is 25 GB/month (both directions) .
Anyway I will not be seeing much new stuff for the next week.  Still, I am happy that I got to see all the Seogyeok-dong ("SGD") stuff.
I think that "SGD" has put IU in an interesting position.  The emotions and the character she portrays in "SGD" are a different range from what she has done before.  That could open up a wider range of roles for her in drama as well.
Think about who or what she is in this song.  I think that she is either the girl grown up or the the ghost of the girl grown up, depending on whether you believe she lived or died.  Either way, she remembers it all.  When she hears the sirens, you can see anxiety and sadness in her face.  She knows what is going to happen, but she cannot do anything about it.
This is definitely something new, maybe more mature, than what she has done before.  Then again, what is needed is a good writer, or director, or script.  Oh, right, and money :-)

Guest adikkeluangman

- IU X SEOTAIJI - 소격동 M/VJust watching the MV, I like IU voice here. But first when the music start, I'm weep. This is so Seotaiji music. I miss his this kind of music. I know his more into rock music. Anybody knew the name for the teen actors in the MV. 
The MV is a new thing for me. Since Seotaiji more into graphic and active stuff in his previous MV and this somehow mellow and really like k-ballad MV style. Maybe this MV sort of homage to his childhood. In a way, IU is similar to Seotaiji apart of the stage name. Taiji is drop out high school and IU also not getting into college. They got same passion with music.

class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name headline" title="The ranks of respected public figures, athletes and singers by Korean college students" The ranks of respected public figures, athletes and singers by Korean college students
2.jpg
Athletes:....

Singers:
1. IU - 6.4% 2. Bigbang - 5.5% 3. Park Hyo Shin - 3% 4. JYJ - 2.9% 5. Sung Si Kyung - 2.7%

http://kpopkfans.blogspot.ca/2014/10/the-ranks-of-respected-public-figures.html