[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

You know I was at DB and they had more than 1 article about IU in PM and on one of the articles there were are a lot of IU haters with comments like "Not her!"Let me ask you guys.  I'm a female fan of IU's and I've never really noticed anything to hate about this girl.  What  things about IU makes them dislike her so strongly?

Guest Tran Thuy

9jill9 said: You know I was at DB and they had more than 1 article about IU in PM and on one of the articles there were are a lot of IU haters with comments like "Not her!"Let me ask you guys.  I'm a female fan of IU's and I've never really noticed anything to hate about this girl.  What  things about IU makes them dislike her so strongly?

Rose said: 9jill9 said: You know I was at DB and they had more than 1 article about IU in PM and on one of the articles there were are a lot of IU haters with comments like "Not her!"Let me ask you guys.  I'm a female fan of IU's and I've never really noticed anything to hate about this girl.  What  things about IU makes them dislike her so strongly?

I just saw this!  For those of you who can take advantage of this, enter!
IU will go on a 'secret vacation' with female fans who are of the same age (21 in Korean age) this November!

For MBC Music's 'Picnic Live Sound, Scenery', IU will go on a vacation with 40 female viewers who were also born in 1993. Fans who fit the age and gender description can apply for this once in a lifetime opportunity on the show's homepage starting today, October 24-30 at 5 PM KST. The fans chosen will be taken to a secret location during filming on November 5 where they can enjoy girl talk, activities, and performances with IU.

IU shared, "I felt regretful that I wasn't able to hang out and talk with friends my own age due to my busy schedule, but through this 'Picnic Live' special, I want to have a fun time while on the vacation."

Fans in Korea who meet the qualifications can apply here by posting on the viewer board!

acebook

Guest Tran Thuy

9jill9 said: Rose said: 9jill9 said: You know I was at DB and they had more than 1 article about IU in PM and on one of the articles there were are a lot of IU haters with comments like "Not her!"Let me ask you guys.  I'm a female fan of IU's and I've never really noticed anything to hate about this girl.  What  things about IU makes them dislike her so strongly?

Rose said: 9jill9 said: Rose said: 9jill9 said: You know I was at DB and they had more than 1 article about IU in PM and on one of the articles there were are a lot of IU haters with comments like "Not her!"Let me ask you guys.  I'm a female fan of IU's and I've never really noticed anything to hate about this girl.  What  things about IU makes them dislike her so strongly?

Guest violet9004

people will always find reason to hate IU but bottom line is the reason why she still one of the top star and her album is #4 in world album ranking is she have talent and charm that people love.. hater can hate her all the way but she only going to rise cause talent overcome everything.. :)
i think now days in her interview she more ladylike and graceful in her answer.. she don't care about popularity any more and the only matter for her is passion in her music and she want to be happy no matter what.. she became more mature in her music also her thought.. its a great thing cause now she not obligated to any tittle that refrain her from became herself.. :D

iu93jjang said: people will always find reason to hate IU but bottom line is the reason why she still one of the top star and her album is #4 in world album ranking is she have talent and charm that people love.. hater can hate her all the way but she only going to rise cause talent overcome everything.. :)
i think now days in her interview she more ladylike and graceful in her answer.. she don't care about popularity any more and the only matter for her is passion in her music and she want to be happy no matter what.. she became more mature in her music also her thought.. its a great thing cause now she not obligated to any tittle that refrain her from became herself.. :D

[23102013] IU mentioned Suzy on SBS MTV The Show All About Kpop 

source: Suzy94

Translation:

IU said:Suzy got a driving license, i’m going to get her to bring me out for a drive.

They asked “Suzy is best friend?” and without hesitation IU replied “Yes, best friend” 

via: One Hallyu

IU reveals she still feels awkward with short hair

IU 
gave fans a better look at her new short hairdo and revealed it's still taking time for her to get used to it. 

On the October 23rd broadcast of SBS Radio's 'Jang Ki Ha's Great Radio', IU shared, "I didn't know today was an onscreen radio show. I said, 'Darn... I didn't bring my hat with me,' after I came here."

When asked, "Why do you have to wear a hat to cover it when you're pretty?", IU revealed, "I wanted to hide it as much as possible... My promotions are short this time. I think my promotions will end around next week, so I wanted to unveil my hair on stage next week. But I ended up revealing it here."

The singer also explained why she feels a bit awkward with her new hairstyle. "It still feels awkward. For three years, I let my hair grow out carelessly without even trimming it. It feels empty now that I cut the hair I've grown for three years."

CTO

morning all.  here's an update on iu's nomination
#IU has been nominated in the "Best Female Artist", "Best Vocal Performance - Female", "Artist of the Year" and "BC - Unionpay Song of the Year" categories for the 2013 Mnet Asian Music Awards! Please let's all give her our utmost support by voting for her on the said categories.

Vote here: http://t.co/lW6GT8pFNF (-admin ryo)

Vote here: http://t.co/s6gfkioRxs (-admin kpoppa)

Vote here: http://t.co/srS6eFiT8z (-admin alfie)

(iu official fan site)
now i need to rush to work

[131024] SBS MTV Behind The Show - IU’s disappearing act

[TRANSLATION] 131024 SBS MTV Behind The Show - IU’s disappearing act

-On the day of the recording for THE SHOW-
-Busy setting the stage in the THE SHOW studio!-
-Whose stage could it be?-
-Returning with ‘The Red Shoes’ is IU!!-
Voice: Now we’ll have IU’s comeback stage rehearsal.
-IU giving it her all for the rehearsal as if it’s a live broadcast-
-IU disappeared?!-
-In actual fact-
-IU hiding below the stage for a surprise performance!!-
-With that the rehearsal comes to an end-
Voice: How do you find your performance?
IU: My waist looks abnormally long.
IU: The live performance is alright, but my body looks a bit weird.
IU: I had army stew last night,
IU: so I look like…
IU: army stew.
IU: I think I can see the army stew in my body,
IU: in my thighs…
IU: there’s still army stew in them.
IU: That’s not how I remember my legs to be like.
-Somehow feeling uneasy about the image of herself on the screen…-
-Eventually! Modifying the outfit-
IU: For the sake of the show…
Voice: Now we’re going to start IU’s pre-recording session.
-Also-
-The remaining secret?-
Manager: This is magic, you can’t reveal it.
Coordi: It’s magic.
Voice: (This pair of shoes) move by themselves. Could you tell us the secret?
IU: I go inside… 
IU: and do this.
Voice: Ah, manually?
IU: Yes, manually kekeke.
Voice: Thanks for the hard work, everyone!
IU: You’ve worked hard!
Fans: You’ve worked hard!
IU: Yes?
Fan: Your skirt is crumpled. (?? Can’t hear clearly)
IU: Ah.

Translated by squishy with love / Timed by GDiana

source: iu-jjang

@engIt sounds like you have a very tough job.  One of my co-workers wife is a nurse and the hours that you guys put in are insane.  I have high respect for your dedication.  

@eng

It sounds like you have a very tough job.  One of my co-workers wife is a nurse and the hours that you guys put in are insane.  I have high respect for your dedication.  

Oh..not really but thanks for saying that. I think every job has its positive and negative sides. It depends on how we look at it. :D