[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

My IU story: It's quite short since I just knew her from YTBLSS. Newbie fan here...
First saw her on YTBLSS ep.16. I currently study Korean and try watching many dramas to practice. I chose to watch YTBLSS due to its high rating. I found the new lead actress and she was still not beautiful at that time. I just wonder who she was. I started to watch from ep. 1 and gradually fell in love with her charm. She is not as beautiful as most actresses but she is very cute and charming. Eventually, I decided to find out if she had been in other dramas before. Then I found out that she was actually a singer and very famous. I like her even more. Now it's not just her acting or singing skill that attracts me but also her insightful attitude, her genuine, nice and matured personality. I'm totally in love with you my dear Lee Ji Eun.
My favorite IU songs:
Rain dropsAll LIVE songs playing with guitar
What amazing about her?
Talented: for sure...singing, acting, song composer. She is also very good at writing and poetry.
How could she be cute, beautiful, and mature at the same time?? It's like she has so many combinations in one person. With all good qualitities, she is still genuine, insightful, and down to earth. For me she's so amazing.
Just wanna say this again...I'm totally in love with you..Lee Ji Eun.

Monday Afternoon!

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;" align="left"http://youtu.be/KjF9ME9Dob4
Omg. I love, love, love the concept of the MV!! :x :x :x

[NEWS] -IU's comeback date said to be around October 7th + 'Monday Afternoon' PV released__Sep 9, 2013

We've been hearing for some time now that IU is scheduled for a comeback this fall, and we've finally been given an estimated date!

Multiple music industry insiders stated, "IU will make her comeback with the release her new album on October 7," with one rep commenting, "IU originally planned to make her comeback this September but was unable to due to her filming schedule for 'You're the Best Lee Soon Shin... She is busy preparing for her album release on October 7 and upcoming promotional activities."

Regarding this, a rep from IU's agency confirmed that they are indeed aiming for an early October release date, mentioning that it may happen even before the 7th if we're lucky: "With the album in the last half of its stage, IU plans to make a comeback next month on the 2nd, or at the latest, the 7th... She'll greet fans with a song of a mature vibe rather than one with a cute and bright feel."

This will mark IU's return to the K-pop scene in a year-and-a-half since the release of her previous mini album 'Spring of a Twenty Year Old'.

But prior to all this, she's scheduled to release her Japanese single 'Monday Afternoon' on September 11th. So check out the full PV for the track below as you await her upcoming releases!

tipped by: @allyiu on Twitter
1235273_642589249107477_595458643_n.jpg

Guest iheartyou1518

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"IU Releases MV For Third Japanese Single “Monday Afternoon”Sylphid September 9, 2013 1 CommentsIU Releases MV For Third Japanese Single “Monday Afternoon”

IU‘s music video for her third Japanese single “Monday Afternoon” was revealed online today.

The song, while not as upbeat as many of her previous ones, has a nostalgic sound. In the music video, she is searching though a house, looking at past memories. 

Set for release on September 11, the single will also contain the B-side track “Follow The Moon.” 

Many fans have been eagerly awaiting IU’s Korean comeback as she has been busy with acting in the weekend drama “You Are The Best Lee Soon Shin” this year. Earlier this month her comeback was reported to be in September. It will have been one year and four months since her last single if she returns as planned.

cr: soompi news

Details on IU's comeback

Currently, IU is in the finishing stages for her new album, and left with just one or two songs to record. It will be a full-length album and not a single or mini.
현재 아이유는 새 앨범 녹음이 마무리 단계로, 한두곡 정도 녹음이 남은 것으로 전해졌다.
이번 앨범은 싱글이나 미니가 아닌 정규 앨범 형태가 될 전망이다.

After her release of ‘Spring of a Twenty Year Old’ in May last year, IU will be making her comeback as a singer after a year and 5 months, with most of the songs being original compositions, she plans to showcase her capabilities as a singer songwriter.
아이유는 지난해 5월 ‘스무살의 봄’ 발매 이후 1년 5개월만에 가수 복귀를 앞두고 있으며, 다수의 자작곡을 수록해 싱어송라이터로서의 역량을 더욱 드러낼 예정이다.

After deciding the title song, IU is putting the finishing touches on her album. Currently, she is practising her dance choreo and training her stamina. According to her agency, before her new album release, there are in the midst of discussions about holding a showcase and other events.타이틀곡이 결정돼 앨범 막바지 작업에 한창이다. 현재 아이유는 안무 연습과 체력 관리에 힘쓰고 있다”고 설명하며 기대와 응원을 당부했다. 소속사 측은 새 앨범 발표를 앞두고 쇼케이스 등 다양한 행사도 내부적으로 검토 중이다.

Also, with this album, IU is considering holding a solo concert. However, they are still working on the concrete details.
또 아이유는 이번 앨범 활동으로 단독콘서트도 고려하고 있다. 하지만 구체적인 사항은 끊임없이 조율하고 있는 것으로 알려졌다.

translation cr: Squishy_blob

a singer, an actress, and now a composer IU-jjang!!! <3

Guest iheartyou1518

here's another news..love the pic! :)
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"IU to Make Comeback in OctoberCallMeN00NA September 9, 2013 0 CommentsIU to Make Comeback in October

Singer IU has set her comeback date in October.

On September 10, IU’s agency, Loen Entertainment, revealed to Newsen, “IU has scheduled her music comeback on October 7. It will most likely be on that date, but the schedule can change.”

It’s been over a year since IU’s last album, “Spring of a 20 Year Old.” Since then IU has kept herself busy with herKBS drama “You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin” and her appearance on variety shows. During that time the singer had been diligently working on her album, and after having her comeback being pushed back several times, she will finally make her comeback in October.

Loen Entertainment also revealed, “The title song has been chosen and we are at the final stages of preparations. IU is currently practicing her choreography.”

IU is also promoting in Japan and released the music video for “Monday Afternoon.” 

cr: soompi news

Guest iheartyou1518

http://youtu.be/KjF9ME9Dob4

[LYRICS] Monday afternoon (unofficial)

It’s been awhile
Your unchanging words are
just as before
Clearly, that’s the way I should be too
There’s no need to even force myself
to care now
What should I do, kind of…
I’m feel it’s all right

It would be good to have forgotten about it
Say!
I’m still feeling good
What should I do, What can I do?
How about you?
Tell me what is on your mind
I’m not the kind to get obsessed
so why am I being like that?
You’re just on my mind
Slightly beautified memories of
your perfume
which I miss
come to mind Nostalgia
I mean that’s how I feel.

To be honest, it’s not that bad.
What should I do, kind of…
I’m feel it’s all right

It would be good to have forgotten about it
Say!
I’m still feeling good
How about you?
You’re just on my mind

Don’t play a fool and simply just
reduce the distance between us
I feel like my heart will return to you again
just like back then.

Hey, What is on your mind?
Hey, I wanna know
You know, Tell me what is on your mind

If you feel the same way as I do,
Say!
I’m still feeling good
How about you?
You’re just on my mind

It’s kind of different from the way things were before,
but moving just a little bit more forward is enough
I just want us to stay like that

Translated by squishy with love via 신미윤’s subs

Guys... gather please...@akinahana89 @iheartyou1518 @phoung EVERYBODY...
I need to tell you guys something.
I PMed one of our moderators to help to update first page of this thread because the thread starter seems not active anymore since 2011.I got reply and said she can helped us update first page if we collected material OR she can asked admin to transfered the first page to me or ONE of us to be updated. And I choose 2nd options because you all, IU's fans will do much better updating the first page.
So here, I offer you who wants to do it.PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOON so I can PM the mods.I offer this because I think you guys will do much better job in updating the first page rather than me.
I hope whoever want to take this challenge will update first page better.Including :IU biographyMusic, drama etcRename the threadand will continuesly updating it.
Thanks.

Guest iheartyou1518

my comments on Monday afternoon:
 is it just me? i find the song pretty similar to beautiful dancer..kekeke
i love the PV.. it has alice in wonderland vibe in it.. :)
*fingers cross* IU's japanese album will be a success!
do you gals think IU's ready for a mature / sexy image in her album? as a fan, im ready! kekekeke.. 

Guest iheartyou1518

@edensor hmmm... i think this also happened on Monstar thread.. what the mod and a member did is they post articles, MV and other materials on the thread itself then she mentioned the mod and then the mod placed it on the first page.. which one is easier to do? 
option 1: one person update?option 2: all of us share our materials,, then mention the mod for help? 

I think its better one person update Heart. If we want to help her/him with material to be update its much better.I wish to see nice disrt page like in JoU thread. Organized well.I summon 3 of you up there because you have a will to promote this site plus @phoung is YTBLSS starter also @akinahana89 too JoU thread starter.I hope to see someone else raise hands here... ;))
So, want to do it, Heart? :D

Guest iheartyou1518

edensor

said: I think its better one person update Heart. If we want to help her/him with material to be update its much better.I wish to see nice disrt page like in JoU thread. Organized well.I summon 3 of you up there because you have a will to promote this site plus @phoung is YTBLSS starter also @akinahana89 too JoU thread starter.I hope to see someone else raise hands here...

;)

)

So, want to do it, Heart?

:D

edensor said: Guys... gather please...@akinahana89 @iheartyou1518 @phoung EVERYBODY...
I need to tell you guys something.
I PMed one of our moderators to help to update first page of this thread because the thread starter seems not active anymore since 2011.I got reply and said she can helped us update first page if we collected material OR she can asked admin to transfered the first page to me or ONE of us to be updated. And I choose 2nd options because you all, IU's fans will do much better updating the first page.
So here, I offer you who wants to do it.PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOON so I can PM the mods.I offer this because I think you guys will do much better job in updating the first page rather than me.
I hope whoever want to take this challenge will update first page better.Including :IU biographyMusic, drama etcRename the threadand will continuesly updating it.
Thanks. I haven't caught up with all the new posts yet...

but if no one has volunteered to take over...

I'LL DO IT!!!!!!