Telling Your Parents That You've Been Secretly Dating Someone?

Guest 。. 。゜゜rain_ie ゜

I'm a girl =]

I started dating my bf secretly behind my parents, since they were the typical "don't date until you've graduated" <_<

Though it was REALLY obvious we had something going on, because I used to bring him over our house a lot and say that he's a good friend and we're "studying" together ahaha. My mum knew from the start we were going out but she didn't say anything. My dad found out one day so we were forced to explain to my parents <__< But luckily they were ok with it, they love him now xD

Guest Lynni3z

i guess its always hard for girls particularly asians girls not to tell their parents...lol

coz as typical asian parents, it's schol and studying first..lol

but yeh i've secretly dated someone before without telling my parents.

and now i'm with my current bf for almost a year now, yet my parents doesn't know.

they've seen him before knows that i talk to him, but never crossed their mind that he's my bf...LOL

hrmm i told my parents the people that confessed to me and that i'd rejected..lol..so by this is makes them seem like i tell them everything...lol

but my parents are easy going, all they expect from the guy is for him to treat me nicely and loves me^^

just need to fine the right time to tell themXD

Guest natsurei

Hmm this "dating" thing. Well, I didn't date him.

But he used to pick me up and walk me home, and he'd come with me and my friends.

And my parents didn't know that. They knew there was this guy who'd send me presents and ask me out though.

And I never said yes to those.

But my mom told me and met him once that I've got to graduate.

LMFAO we took it as, Graduate highschool, but my mom intended it as graduate college.

Yeah she's unfair.

:S I told them when I first went on a date with him, finally. Dad got angry. Mom was all "meh, told you it was a bad idea".

And Mom told me, to take him to my house, that parents should get to know him first.

My mom didn't like him 'cause he's not exactly had the best education, community college, etc. lame excuses.

But they love him now, but don't want to acknowledge him as my boyfriend.

HAHA. Apparently we are only good friends to them. Evil parents.

Guest WildSevenGirl

Lol. I myself have never dated [yet], but with MY parents, liking a guy is the equivalent.

Soooooooooooooooo.

If/When I do tell him<3 my feelings and if/when we actually go out, I'd tell my parents two months or so into the relationship. They'd flip out and kill me, so I'd need him<3 by my side when that happens. xD

Who am I kidding.

I'll probably never end up telling them.

Guest CityCharisma

I haven't been caught with my ex, because I was quite careful hiding him I guess?

but yea, as for my friend, when she was dating her bf, and somehow on the streets she ran into her parents.. then she was like "this is ----"

Guest Christina.1430266158

Well I was coming home from my school & I was like

"Hahaha Oscars dumb!" Cause he was trying to kick a tumbleweed.

And I told my little sister that I had a boyfriend. (ex now)

then my little sister was shouted out

"MOM, OSCAR IS CHRISTINA'S BOYFRIEND!"

me:"No its not!!!!!!!"

little sister:"Yes he is! remember you told me"

me:-turns all red-

MOM:"Oh my gosh he's so cute!"

me:"EW what the heck mom!"

mom:"what?! he's so cute!"

LOL.

I was embarrassed but shocked at the same time.

I was expected her to pull over, get out of the car, and yell at him.

Hahaha.

Guest JetGirl

uhm. My parents are pretty liberal- they dont like it, but they won't object.

But they each have their own logic

MUM: don't date asian guys, they like to think women as submissive

DAD: Don't date white guys, they'll just break your heart, date asian guys.

Its a lose-lose situation.

Guest Humilious

I'm dating secretly right now. I've been thinking about mentioning it to my mom and my mom only. Knowing, her she'd brush it off, but I'm not too sure about this one. I can't tell my dad anything. He scorns me if I even talk to a guy I know over the internet.

Archived