Kahit Isang Saglit (even For Just One Moment)

tracycutie

what will happen now since they already separarte ways..

and they will surely see each other again as what the teaser was showing....

will it rekindle their love, now that rocky opens his heart for alona?....

most probably, they will rekindle their love...afterall, they both still love each other even though they're apart.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kahit Isang Saglit

ABS-CBN

With the appeal of local romantic melodramas and the endearing nature of Asian telenovelas, it was only a matter of time before somebody thought of combining these winning genres. “Kahit Isang Saglit” is the result of such a marriage.

Starring Jericho Rosales and Malaysian actress Carmen Soo, it tells the story of Rocky, a policeman on a quest to find his father’s killer, and Garie, a Malaysian girl who escapes to Manila to avoid a fixed marriage and find her Filipino father.

By virtue of its “big-ness” alone (set in the Philippines and Malaysia, shot in high definition, and intended for release in other Asian countries), the series is a can’t-miss.

Its strongest element is its multicultural theme. The concept isn’t half-baked, either: Both the Philippine and Malaysian story lines, happening simultaneously, are given the right amount of treatment and development.

Since it’s co-produced by a Malaysian firm, it’s not overly burdened to appeal only to Pinoy audiences; it’s comfortable in being multilingual, and overall production quality is better and consistent.

But there are still elements that make it unmistakably Pinoy: Self-aware acting, a predilection for syrupy sweet romance, and action hero elements.

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entert...me-race-entries

“Kahit Isang Saglit” makes the grade

“Kahit Isang Saglit” Lead female actress Carmen Soo will arrive next week to shoot an endorsement for Petit Monde, do a round of guestings and shoot a project that will be announced soon... Megastar Sharon Cuneta endorses “Kahit Isang Saglit” to air this weekend. This after Kris Aquino and Lorna Tolentino gave their glowing reviews of the show. Despite its late primetime schedule, “Kahit Isang Saglit” is doing very well in NUTAM ratings and the Filipino Channel feedback. The series will open in Malaysia and Singapore in late January 2009.

http://www.yehey.com/entertainment/c...aspx?id=228676

hey JCS

your wish is my command!!! i found this on youtube!

this is their version of the themesong "KAHIT ISANG SAGLIT" and other cast members are there...I TELL YOU..CARMEN SINGS BETTER THAN some of our filipino actresses here! we just loved her!..she can carry a tune! and sings its like a real pinay! (PINAY is an informal word of FILIPINA..a lady from the philippines!) but..the first part is the trailer and they introduce the series..at 1:25 something, the will start to sing. ;-)

i just want to add this link, the also sang together from the same show..they sang "WE COULD BE INLOVE"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SOjUkH5u9A

this one is cute...hihihihi :blush: :blush:

hope this helps! ;-)

thanks for the links....cute! :)

nice episode today. they finally saw each other. i love the look in rocky's face when he first saw garie. i didnt see hatred nor anger, I saw longing. His head 180 degrees towards the direction of garie with his jaw dropped.

nice episode today. they finally saw each other. i love the look in rocky's face when he first saw garie. i didnt see hatred nor anger, I saw longing. His head 180 degrees towards the direction of garie with his jaw dropped.

everyone's jaw dropped at the sight of garie..lol

but seriously.... this drama is really good. both carmen and echo really did well in this drama. they don't need words to express their feelings...their eyes says it all.

Hmmm the show is getting intense! I wonder how Rocky would get them out of the situation!

Will his cover be blown? I can't wait for tonight.

yep...i wish it was 9:45 pm already :rolleyes: can't wait to see what rocky will do.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, Just want to share with you this blogsite. The author is also a fan of KIS and I enjoyed her write-ups, thanks kahmen!!!

here's the link:

http://sumanlatik.wordpress.com/2008/11/30/the-magic-of-kis/

And here's the article

The Magic of KIS

November 30, 2008 at 12:34 am (Entertainment)

Tags: Carmen Soo, Jericho Rosales, Kahit Isang Saglit, teleserye

I know what it is to be a fan of TV shows. I used to follow certain weekly shows religiously, but these were mostly produced in the States and shown here on free TV.

The local teleseryes I could do without. If I caught a few episodes of whatever it was they were watching at home, that was only because there was nothing better to do. I would end up abandoning these, because most of the plots would be so predictable or bizarre just to extend the series for the sake of milking more advertisers and raising serious big bucks for the network. I really hate the thought of shows that make viewers feel so dumb because of some illogical scene, situation or plot.

I still have yet to figure out why I suddenly had this intense curiosity to check out the joint production between ABS-CBN and Double Vision Malaysia, which started airing last September, just as I was about to undergo major surgery. I missed the first week of “Kahit Isang Saglit” and caught only a few episodes the following week because I was swimming in anaesthesia and battling pain and discomfort. But even with just a few episodes, I was hooked. With time on my hands (I would be on vacation for 2 months) I could afford to sit out 30 to 40 minutes of the show each night (although quite late) since I tended to sleep in the daytime.

So what drew me to KIS? For starters, I like the storyline. It is very clear-cut. There is a definite plot and the writers have followed it through from the beginning. There are no sudden detours or crossroads that distract so viewers know exactly where it is they are headed to. Of course, they haven’t been able to predict HOW things will go, and this is what keeps them glued every weeknight for the past 10 or 11 weeks.

The central theme is LOVE, and I appreciate that it explores many facets of relationships – between a boy and girl, a father and daughter, friends and neighbors, even enemies. KIS makes you think and feel without insulting your intelligence and sensibilities.

The cast is excellent. For once, here is a series where the actors chosen really fit their roles to a T. And what makes KIS effective is because each of them have become their characters. When you watch the show, you forget that Jericho Rosales, Carmen Soo, Christopher de Leon, Albert Martinez, Cristine Reyes, Empoy Marquez and the others in the cast are merely playing roles. Instead you think of them as Rocky, Garie, Anthony Mondragon, Ronaldo Dimaandal, Alona, Nestor and all the other characters who have been introduced in the series. You sympathize and empathize with them, and can’t help but be drawn in, looking forward to every roller-coaster ride these characters take you to, with each twist and turn guaranteed to keep you pining for more.

With a storyline and characters so engrossing, it’s impossible not to be pulled in by KIS. And its fast pacing is a welcome treat. There is so much happening in one episode, let alone every week, that you simply have to tune in regularly so as not to miss anything. While there are introspective moments for the characters, these are all integral to the story and they are never dragging or dull. You feel their anguish, insecurities, anger, turmoil, love and joy because even in those moments when there are no words said, they are expressed, and expressed eloquently.

The Malaysian support cast (Louisa Chong, Soosan Hoh, Awal Ashaari) hold their own against the Filipino actors, and it is a tribute to directors Gilbert Perez and Jerry Lopez Sineneng how they drew out the best from them considering the difficulty in working with people speaking a different language and used to a different culture and system. Still, avid followers will have a special place in their heart for Popong, Amir and Eunice.

Christopher de Leon and Albert Martinez again prove they are consummate thespians because even as they play support roles, they are no less effective and convincing as General Mondragon and Ronaldo, respectively. You alternately curse or cheer them on, wracking your brain for an explanation or rationalization as to why they act and think as they do. It is amazing how they are able to add so many layers into their characterization to make them unique and unforgettable.

Empoy, as Nestor, is a revelation. He’s not just a funny guy — although he really hammed it up the whole time in his deadpan way — he can be just as reliable in the heavy scenes. And he will always be remembered for being such a true friend to Rocky, and the staunchest supporter of Garie.

Malu de Guzman as Auntie Marian, Wilma Doesnt as Ate Mona, Isabel Rivas as Vivian Mondragon and Richard Israel as Commander Mateo have also left their mark in the series. Take a bow, guys. Filipinos are truly a talented race.

In the few times I have seen Jericho Rosales on screen, I have noted how engaging he is as an actor. There is an intensity about him, even when he was much younger. I particularly remember him as a soldier in the movie “Ang Bagong Buwan”, where even with minimal exposure, you simply could not ignore his presence.

His absence from the small and big screens have given his contemporaries Piolo Pascual and Diether Ocampo an edge, in the acting department. But in Kahit Isang Saglit, Jericho definitely deserves the applause and accolades. And he leaves no doubt in your mind that he is the best among his generation. You wonder how he transforms himself into Rocky, quirks and all. In him, you see a character so well defined, that every gesture, expression, and emotion simply tells you he IS Rocky. You love him, cry with him, curse him, feel his pain and wrath, understand his confusion and embrace his passion. The writers (led by Henry King Quitain) fleshed him out well, but Jericho breathed life to his character.

Carmen Soo may have made a name for herself in her native Malaysia as an actress and model and in other Asian countries as a commercial and print model, but she was totally unknown to Filipinos and the rest of the world. Until KIS. This is her first big lead dramatic role and she passes the test with flying colors.

Carmen is a natural and sensitive actress and in her portrayal of Garie, you see both an honesty and sincerity that is so heartwarming. She should be credited for her ability to make viewers believe she understands the Filipino language in her scenes, even when in truth she does not. Her timing and delivery are perfect, whether her co-actors speak to her in Filipino or English. Here she is made to go through a gamut of emotions, and while she may have shed buckets of tears, endured slaps and man-handling in the episodes, you see a quiet strength that makes you want to cheer her on each and every time. Carmen as Garie is a gentle spirit, willing to sacrifice and endure all in the name of love. She is refreshing, never resorting to histrionics, even in the most trying scenes. No, her tears do not fall on cue like many local actresses can command, but in her eyes you see every gut-wrenching emotion, punctuated by a teardrop slowly sliding down her cheek. It is of course a big bonus that she possesses a beauty that grows on you. This is what gives her such magnetic presence on screen.

The chemistry between Jericho and Carmen is what makes KIS such a joy to watch. They complement each other in looks and demeanor and this translates to many giddy (kilig) moments on screen. They really must be commended for being able to effectively play out their many romantic scenes without being in a real relationship. It only goes to show their level of self-confidence and professionalism and how comfortable they have become with each other.

While there are certain lapses in production, specifically in the continuity of scenes and in several small but noticeable details, overall, Kahit Isang Saglit is an example of Filipino excellence at work. The locations used as backdrop for the series allowed viewers a glimpse of the beauty of both Malaysia and the Philippines. And not only were they treated to an engaging story, it also introduced them to a different culture, lifestyle and traditions that were incorporated in the series.

As the creatives for this project is largely contributed by the Filipino half of the joint venture, congratulations are in order for ABS-CBN, and their staff who worked tirelessly to put together this teleserye. It only goes to show that if we put our hearts and minds to it, we can create something extraordinary that can be appreciated by a more diverse and intelligent audience. We should never be content with mediocre productions that consider only commercial success and give little attention to sensibility because we owe it to the public to do better. After all, we certainly have the capacity and talent to make something world-class.

Kahit Isang Saglit again gives me reason to be proud of being a Filipino.

Kahit Isang Saglit again gives me reason to be proud of being a Filipino.

aaawww....im touched...thank you for posting that review...i myself is addicted to KIS..never missed a single epi..

I just hope ABS-CBN will continue to do more projects like KIS...

aaawww....im touched...thank you for posting that review...i myself is addicted to KIS..never missed a single epi..

I just hope ABS-CBN will continue to do more projects like KIS...

yep! me too...this is the only teleserye from abs that got me really hooked, i never want to miss an episode or even just a scene. lol Tht's why i had to sit out all the commercials in between...but it's worth waiting for.

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entert...on-drama-series

Effective portrayals energize new action-drama series

By Nestor Torre

Philippine Daily Inquirer

First Posted 10:59:00 09/28/2008

MANILA, Philippines - Jericho Rosales has a lot riding on his new teleserye, “Kahit Isang Saglit,” which started telecasting on ABS-CBN last Sept. 15. If it makes waves in the ratings, it will reenergize his performing career, which is in need of a boost due to a number of inhibiting factors in the past (his “Panday” series didn’t do as well as expected, etc.).

So, when we watched the first telecast of “Kahit Isang Saglit,” we initially focused on Jericho’s portrayal of the series’ male protagonist.

We liked what we saw, because Jericho’s role as orphan and drug ring-busting cop was right up his alley. He imbued his character with the right mix of toughness and sensitivity and reestablished himself in our estimation as the young-adult actor to best on the local TV-film scene.

Even better, his scenes with his Malaysian leading lady, Carmen Soo, came off well, with the two leads exuding both talent and verve. They had the “chemistry” that people keep talking about, and yet only too rarely find on the local performing scene.

Carmen is quite a find, because her portrayal is simple yet felt, and informed with an artistic intelligence that eludes most young leading ladies in these parts.

With both Jericho and Carmen doing well in their new show’s initial episode, we look forward to keeping tabs on the series’ plot and character development in the coming weeks.

Among the series’ other plus points are its brisk pacing and some “big” scenes involving crowds, shot both in Manila and Kuala Lumpur.

In the show’s first telecast, the storytelling quickly goes from the protagonist’s childhood to his present-day activities, most of them involving a drug case, that takes him all the way to Malaysia, where his and Carmen’s paths inadvertently cross.

It turns out that both lead characters share a troubled core, which may be why they are instinctively drawn to each other: He is bent on avenging his cop-father’s murder by a mysterious assailant, while she is in a similarly determined search for her own father, who is reported to have “disappeared” in the Philippines.

On the debit side, Jericho’s revenge motivation is rather standard. The drug angle is OK, but it isn’t all that believably developed, as Jericho’s prey in Kuala Lumpur vanishes too easily for the agent’s competence to be taken seriously.

In other words, the production needs to work on its believability, so that viewers can fully empathize with its characters, events and themes. With these and other improvements, “Kahit Isang Saglit” should more convincingly match the high level of performance set by its two young leads.

To do that, however, the production needs to get its overall act together. The new show’s second telecast betrayed more flaws: A long car chase was sloppily paced, some supposedly “exciting” scenes failed to generate genuine fear or fervor, and there were too many “coincidences” that made the proceedings even less believable than they already were.

If these glitches aren’t fixed, the show could be in trouble. Let’s hope that the script and production doctors’ remedies work quickly, so “Kahit Isang Saglit” can come into its own as the compelling action-adventure-drama-romance-travelogue production it obviously aspires to be.

http://www.abs-cbn.com/Feature/Article/186...-from-love.aspx

120508-Carmen02.jpg

Kahit Isang Saglit’s Carmen Soo talks about the lessons she’s learned from love

by Manila P. Santos | December 05, 2008 9:07 AM | Share this article

During the December 3 farewell presscon for the Primetime Bida series Kahit Isang Saglit, Malaysian model and actress Carmen Soo expressed some of her thoughts on working on the series which was partly shot in her native country. “When I did this project I didn’t expect it to make such an impact in my life. I got to know this whole new bunch of people in a new country and learn a new language and a lot of new things have gone on. So I’ve learned a lot and I thank everyone involved every single one of them,” she shared. Kahit Isang Saglit, which airs its final episode on December 12, will be shown in Malaysia by January 2009.

Carmen is currently in Manila to do guest appearances to promote the show and to discuss a possible movie opposite John Lloyd Cruz with Director Chito Roño at the helm. When asked about her views on love and why it’s worth fighting for, the pretty actress replied, “Of course love is always worth fighting for it makes you want to fight for it because I think the greatest love is not always the easiest to attain. It’s really whether both persons want to fight for everything you can, like cross mountains and seas just to make it work. Then and only then can great love be worth it,” she says.

Admittedly single at the moment, Carmen shows her more romantic side while explaining why doing things for the sake of love is almost always worth the sacrifice. “I think in everything that you do, for love to work, you have to sacrifice hard for it or whatever you need to sacrifice because you know that it’s worth it before you decide to do it. So of course there’s a second where you think this is a right gamble or I’m so, so in love that I cannot live without it. Because you choose to sacrifice, it will be worth it, so you must have chosen it because you know that it makes you so happy that it’s okay whatever you need to sacrifice,” she says.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/1...s-farewell-bang

‘Kahit Isang Saglit’ set to bid farewell with a bang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

abs-cbnNEWS.com | 12/03/2008 5:31 PM

Printer-friendly version | Send to friend

All good things come to an end.

After an exciting season of revelations, high-intensity drama and romance, one of the most talked about television shows, “Kahit Isang Saglit,” is finally reaching its big finale.

On the final week of Kahit Isang Saglit, starring “primetime sweetheart” Jericho Rosales and Malaysian superstar Carmen Soo, expect more thrills, drama and romance as the love story of Rocky and Garie comes to a close.

The grand finale night of the critically-acclaimed teleserye will happen on December 12, Friday, on ABS-CBN Primetime Bida.

Kahit Isang Saglit has received accolades from celebrities to esteemed members of society, critics and fans here and abroad.

The teleserye also marked a first in Philippine TV. It is the biggest collaboration between two media companies in Asia--ABS-CBN and Double Vision. With the joint venture, Kahit Isang Saglit was able to showcase the cultures, views and sceneries of the two Asian countries.

Other cast members are Albert Martinez, Cristine Reyes and Christopher de Leon. The late Gilbert Perez first directed the teleserye. He was replaced by Jerry Lopez Sineneng.

as of 12/03/2008 6:30 PM

I was wondering, how does this show doing on other countries. Is it a hit?

At the moment, it's only been shown in the Philippines and it's a big hit...it's has a lot of following not only in the Philippines but with the TFC subscribers from around the world.

I heard this drama will be shown in Malaysia and Singapore first quarter of 2009.

Originally posted by reezy on PEX:

carmen_utusan.jpg

Sorry, I was supposed to post this yesterday... this is the picture posted with the news article from utusan yesterday...it was hard to scan kasi masyado malaki...whole big page yan...basta maganda si Carmen dito

Maraming salamat to SHAHRIL AZMAN ZAIN (the photographer) and ROSLI MANAH (the editor of Mangga Online - Utusan Karya Sdn Bhd) for the article. Hope to see more news on KIS-Carmen (the positive ones) in the media

Talking about KIS showing on RTM... personally, I don't think RTM will do a lot of promotion but from previous teleseryes, the fans themselves help to boost the series through forums and emails to the reporters. Nonetheless, we sure hope this will change since RTM also has English/Chinese programmes and they can include KIS as part of their show.

btw here's some pictures collection of Echo from ManggaOnline http://www.manggaonline.com.my/index.php?o...7&Itemid=62

Archived