Dating people who smoke/do drugs

Guest FusionGT2

Guest Not_Joking

To those who are against the use of drugs. Is it because the government made it illegal and therefore you have this automatic response telling yourself that drugs must be really, really bad? Or because we all have been raised to associate losers/failures with drug use? Or is it honestly because you think it is very bad for their health and are only looking out for them?

I only ask because too many people have bought into the government anti-drug propaganda and are ignorant to or refuse to learn about the actual dangers of drugs or other substances. Scientifically speaking, smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol, both legal, are more dangerous than weed, acid and ecstacy, which are all illegal. I think its unfair to those who do use drugs to judge them so quick when many are ill-informed or even know nothing about the actual topic of drugs.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
Guest sixth.

To those who are against the use of drugs. Is it because the government made it illegal and therefore you have this automatic response telling yourself that drugs must be really, really bad? Or because we all have been raised to associate losers/failures with drug use? Or is it honestly because you think it is very bad for their health and are only looking out for them?

I only ask because too many people have bought into the government anti-drug propaganda and are ignorant to or refuse to learn about the actual dangers of drugs or other substances. Scientifically speaking, smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol, both legal, are more dangerous than weed, acid and ecstacy, which are all illegal. I think its unfair to those who do use drugs to judge them so quick when many are ill-informed or even know nothing about the actual topic of drugs.

QFT.

I reckon asking a question like this is on soompi bound to get you the same cookie-cutter responses. Most people are probably shutting down the idea of drugs simply because they're illegal in one way or another and are jumping to conclusions according to whatever gets portrayed in the media these days.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

I won't because it's against my personal beliefs. When I date, it's only with someone i can picture myself spending the rest of my life with. I don't mind too much when my friends do it but i wouldn't want my potential future mate to do those things. plus if he smokes then second/third hand smoke affects me!

Guest rainbowstarshine

It's a huge turnoff. I don't know why people do it. It's bad for their health and affects the people around them. :/

We all have these ideas in our head about what we don't want in a guy, but when you meet a guy that's AMAZING, and he has a smoking issue, or did drugs, or whatever... It's not simply that black adn white anymore.

Depends on him as a person, depends on if you can overlook the bad qualities.

Guest scribblejunkie

I think it's gross =_=

my boyfriend used to smoke weed. Him and I got into this huge fight because he was drinking and smoking for a week straight. EVERYNIGHT. so, I told him to stop and he did. Honestly, its really gross when your partner does drugs or drinks. It smells and they start to be smelly too =_=

Guest sushixlovesu

It'd be great if someone I liked doesnt smoke. I mean I know some people whom I used to live with who smoke, do drugs and everything. The smell is beyond disgusting. It makes me sick.

It's so ironic for me because I used to date a super conservative guy (he wouldn't even drink alcohol.) So I kind of molded into the belief that drugs/alcohol and such is bad.

However, once that ended I felt like exploring so I went to parties where weed is pretty common. At first I was completely turned off by the idea of dating someone who does pot because of how I grew up and how my exboyfriend perceived it into such a bad thing. But that day I let loose and I wanted to experiment and so I did. And the guy I dated isn't a "stoner" or "failure", infact he goes to well known university, gets good grades, is physical well into shape and does weed on a semi-regular basis when he's with his friends or in a social environment.

I suppose it really depends on how dependent they are on said substance. And I wouldn't want my boyfriend to force the idea onto me. But the point is he's a decent guy and I've found myself doing weed with him every now and then because it breaks down communication barriers (I don't really know how to explain it D: it's just like a feel good thing.)

Anyways, as long as it's done in moderation and the person's health is taken into consideration, I'm fine with it. If they know their limits and have strong self-restraint towards their habits then that makes them even more attractive to me.

I could care less then if they do drugs/drink.

Guest prisonerzero

Ah, my boy smokes cigs and weed.

The cigs part doesn't bother me much as long as he wouldn't/doesn't do it like right in front of me.

The weed thing bothers me a little more, ha. Ah, I know it doesn't do harm, but when he's high all the time, he gets so quiet and hardly talks and I'm just like aaaaah. -.-

Guest kimltle

I'm not a big fan of cigs but at whatever else they do, they better know how to control their budget and usage. It's all recreational fun, just don't let it take over your life.

I was always curious about other people's opinions about this, but what if someone's bf was doing weed or doing drugs to the point he also wanted his own gf do it, and then she actually enjoyed it? Do you believe that is right or wrong? Or do you believe the boyfriend should not let her do it if he really cares about her?

Guest crescendoll

I was always curious about other people's opinions about this, but what if someone's bf was doing weed or doing drugs to the point he also wanted his own gf do it, and then she actually enjoyed it? Do you believe that is right or wrong? Or do you believe the boyfriend should not let her do it if he really cares about her?

I believe that's wrong. It kind of follows along the line of the person being of a certain religion and trying to force their significant other to convert to their religion. Respect the way a person lives. Don't force another to do something they are not comfortable with.

Personally, I don't mind cigarettes or weed, as long as they do not come near me while they smoke (or even after) or if they are in anyway high. Hard drugs are another story though. I do not tolerate that. Mostly because I do not want to be fearing the health of my significant other the whole time I am dating them.

Guest izzy015

I hate smokers and I would never date a smoker. Weed on the other hand..hmm. It depends how often, how much and how big a part of their life it is. If it's huge then no but if it's casual, occasional, and rare even, then it's better. I'd actually like to try myself but maybe not get hooked =P

Guest vintagesky

My boyfriend has been smoking for about 10+ years. Eh, I don't really mind the smoking but drugs are a turn off for me.

Plus, I can't stand the smell of weed. It makes me nauseous.

Guest synergyz

I believe that's wrong. It kind of follows along the line of the person being of a certain religion and trying to force their significant other to convert to their religion. Respect the way a person lives. Don't force another to do something they are not comfortable with.

Personally, I don't mind cigarettes or weed, as long as they do not come near me while they smoke (or even after) or if they are in anyway high. Hard drugs are another story though. I do not tolerate that. Mostly because I do not want to be fearing the health of my significant other the whole time I am dating them.

i think it depends whether he forced her into it or convinced her to try it, I mean if you try it once and you don't like it its no big deal, but you cant blame the guy if she liked it and keeps doing it. I was convinced to go to church a few times, but I didn't like it and I stopped going. No big deal.

Guest sixth.

If he was actually forcing her up to the point where she felt as though she was obliged to do it and had no other option, then I think it's wrong. But if it was something like "hey, I'm going to go smoke up... you should come along one day and try", then I think it's okay - the girlfriend can just say no. And as synergyz said, if she tried it and didn't like it, she simply could have stopped.

Archived