Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** The poster said, "This is Niku Bar MARUGO. Korean singer and actor "RAIN" visited our store‼ He used our store for the afterparty of his fan meeting "2024 RAIN JAPAN FANMEETING <RAINTOPIA: FIND ME>" held on June 30th. He drank a lot of beer and talked happily, and we were happy to take photos. Thank you RAIN for visiting us‼ We look forward to seeing you again. We are open today as well.  We are currently accepting reservations for social gatherings and girls' parties ‼ ‼   :heart3:

449820627_886678090155968_91781231509361

449777872_886678113489299_68849865855066

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

*** "Red Swan" first episodewas already filled with action. Seo Do-yun (RAIN) in the play is doing a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He performed all the action scenes himself, except for special stunts with dangerous elements. Although he actually suffered a lot of injuries, he actively digested all the action scenes.   :Fist1:

449789026_886655203491590_50276692668739

449786817_886655243491586_35832768173759

449683677_886655263491584_61155122531865

Spoiler

449967917_886655156824928_58856591020228

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

*** Here, she opened up about malicious comments when she first debuted in RAIN's YT Channel on July 4th. You need to have thick skin in the entertainment industry because you're a public property.   :kaching1:

Chaeyeon and RAIN to celebrate the summer with seafood heaven soup Season B Season 4 EP.37

***The first two episodes of Red Swan are already out and were completely engrossing and I absolutely loved them.   :kicks:

8+ New K-Dramas To Check Out In July 2024

Dive into July with a new array of K-dramas to watch!

Here are new dramas set to premiere this month:

“Red Swan” - Airing

red-swan-7.jpg

Korean Title: “화인가 스캔들”

Cast: Kim Ha Neul, Rain

Premiere Date: July 3

Broadcast Details: Wednesdays on Disney+

“Red Swan” tells the story of Oh Wan Soo (Kim Ha Neul), a former golfer who enters high society when she marries the heir of Hwain Group. After her life is threatened due to a fierce battle over succession, Wan Soo comes face-to-face with the Hwain family’s secret due to her bodyguard Seo Do Yoon (Rain).

credit : soompi news

Jung Ji-hoon aims for 'Red Swan' to top Disney+'s Korean originals this year

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, July 2 (Yonhap) -- Singer-actor Jung Ji-hoon, better known by his stage name Rain, voiced his aspiration Tuesday for "Red Swan," his new romantic thriller, to become the top-performing Korean original series on Disney+ this year.

"It's not fair to compare our show to the many other excellent works on the platform. We're on our own journey," Jung said at a press event in Seoul the day before the series premiere. "But I do hope we'll emerge as the most successful (Korean original) series on the platform this year."

PYH2024070208920001300_P4.jpg

The series follows Oh Wan-soo, played by Kim Ha-neul, a talented golfer from an impoverished background who achieves international success.

To clear her mother's debt, she marries Kim Yong-guk, portrayed by Jung Gyu-woon, heir to the powerful Hwain Group, enduring his infidelities for over a decade.

Wan-soo's life takes a dramatic turn when she narrowly escapes an assassination attempt in Manila, saved by her bodyguard Seo Do-yoon, played by Jung Ji-hoon. As she develops feelings for Do-yoon, Wan-soo remains unaware of his hidden motives connected to the Hwain Group.

PYH2024070208570001300_P4.jpg

"I actually feel guilty about using stunt doubles," Jung said about performing most of the action sequences himself.

"I often think to myself, 'I can handle this on my own.' Plus, I think I should be earning my paycheck by doing as much as I can," he added with a chuckle.

Jung is well-versed in intense action roles, having showcased his skills in fast-paced films like the 2009 Hollywood thriller "Ninja Assassin."

Director Park Hong-kyun, best known for the MBC TV series "New Heart" (2007), "Queen Seondeok" (2009) and "The Greatest Love" (2011), said the actor's nuanced emotional performance took him by surprise.

"I knew he was good at action scenes, but I was surprised by his subtle emotional acting," he said.

Kim Ha-neul said her biggest challenge was convincingly portraying a world-class golfer.

"No matter how hard I practiced, I struggled to match the flawless form of a professional player," she admitted.

"As the lead, I felt a responsibility to anchor the cast. I focused on projecting a subtle charisma and delivering a stable, confident performance throughout," she said, describing her approach to her character.

The 10-part series is set to be released with two episodes each week, starting Wednesday.

PYH2024070208650001300_P4.jpg

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20240702006300315?section=culture/entertainment

Singer-actor Rain returns as bodyguard in Disney+ series 'Red Swan'

d5a6b5c7-753a-44ea-8fce-409c09a26595.jpg

By Lee Gyu-lee

Singer and actor Jung Ji-hoon, also known as Rain, is returning to the small screen with Disney+'s new original series "Red Swan," two years after playing the lead in tvN's comedy medical series "Ghost Doctor."

The action romance series, slated to premiere Wednesday, revolves around former world-class golfer Oh Wan-soo (Kim Ha-neul), who married into the wealthy family that owns Hwain Group, and bodyguard Seo Do-yoon (Jung), who comes to work for the group to investigate his friend's death.

Oh left her career after marrying the group's heir and has been running the group's charity foundation. One day, she narrowly escapes an assassination attempt with the help of Seo during the foundation's event in Manilla, the Philippines. When she finds herself targeted by death threats, Oh discovers the chaebol family's dark secrets along with Seo.

The 10-part series is directed by Park Hong-kyun who led the smash-hit series "Queen Seondeok" (2009) and "The Greatest Love" (2011).

"I've been a fan of director Park since I was young. There have been a few opportunities to work together in the past, but unfortunately, none came through. And with Kim, I've also said she and I will do a project at one point, and we finally got the chance to work together," Jung said during a press conference for the series at Conrad Seoul in southwestern Seoul's Yeouido, Tuesday.

"When I read the script, I realized I didn't have to do much. (My character) didn't have many lines. But, it had to have a heavy and impactful impression. So I put effort into setting its tone, starting from focusing on vocal exercises."

54716c0b-510a-41c8-b8f9-2ee37be1e557.jpg

Jung plays a former police officer-turned-bodyguard who previously served as a presidential security agent with martial arts expertise.

The director revealed Jung filmed a lot of the action scenes himself, performing the stunts without a double.

"Jung is a master when it comes to action scenes. So it was more comfortable and easier to work on this series, compared to action scenes from previous works. For action scenes, you alternate with a stunt double, and there are various challenges, but Jung has practically mastered it, so viewers can look forward to great results," the director said.

"Jung is a delicate actor who's excellent at expressing emotions … Seo is an important character. But as he's not the central character within the Hwain family, my concern was that his influence is not as impactful in terms of unfolding his story and delivering lines. But Jung overcame this concern with his excellent acting skills."

Kim shared she was drawn to the romance between the bodyguard and the client. "I really enjoyed the movie 'The Bodyguard.' So it's interesting to see such a plot. And as various events occur within that plot, I got curious as I read diverse stories unfolding in each episode. I felt like I was sucked into the script while reading it," she said.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2024/07/688_377891.html

*** I can’t remember the last time Rain did a romantic photo shoot with an actress or leading lady that wasn’t him posing with Kim Tae Hee for their various couple advertisements. Here he is taking subtly sexy shots with Kim Ha Neul, his co-star in Red Swan.   I wonder why Disney+, the streaming network is releasing a couple of these pictures at a time.   :smooches3:

20240702_1934038521488830732668020.jpg?w

20240703_2331027453541694533424052.jpg?w

photos source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2024/07/02/swan-sway/

K-drama ‘Red Swan’ with Kim Ha-neul, Rain premieres on Disney+

The Korean drama “Red Swan,” starring actress Kim Ha-neul, and pop star and actor Rain (Jung Ji-hoon) premiered on Disney+ on July 3. 

Kim Ha-neul plays the role of Goodwill Ambassador and former professional golfer Oh Wansoo who starts to fall in love with her mysterious bodyguard Seo Doyoon (Rain) after years of her husband’s (Kim Yongkook played by Jung Gyu-woon) infidelity. They begin to discover the truth behind the terrorist attacks and death threats. 

Redswan3_37ae37eb19.jpeg

Red_Swan2_b9e7745f0b.jpg

Red_Swan1_B_1109ddb135.jpg

Her acting credits are “A Gentleman’s Dignity” and “On Air” while Rain has appeared in “Ghost Doctor” and “Ninja Assassin.” 

“Red Swan” is directed by Park Hongkyun and written by Choi Yoonjung. 

During a press conference for the drama on July 2, Rain wished that their drama will be the most successful this year on Disney+. 

“I hope that ‘Red Swan’ becomes the most successful series on Disney+ this year,” he said, Korea JoongAng Daily reported. 

Kim Ha-neul likened “Red Swan” to the 1992 film “The Bodyguard” starring  Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston. 

“I enjoyed the film ‘The Bodyguard’ and it’s been a while since seeing a story that touches on that concept, which got me interested,” she said. 

She added, “Also, as the story moved forward, each episode made me more curious, and each one captured so many different stories, sucking me into them in minutes, which made me decide to take the role.”

Spoiler

Red_Swan_Still_2_b1f7644b38.jpg

Red_Swan_Still_1_5c5795b7cb.jpg

Red_Swan_Still_3_b42743f2e2.jpg

Kim Ha-neul said she paid attention to her appearance for her role. 

“As my character is set as a foundation’s chairperson, I monitored many UN goodwill ambassadors to learn their hand gestures, movements and mindset. I also paid a lot of attention to my appearance, as it was an important factor in how my character looked,” she said. 

For his role as a bodyguard in “Red Swan,” Rain said he tried to do most of the action scenes himself. 

“I have a disease of feeling sorry for using stunt body doubles, as I know I can do the actions myself. I always said that I’ll do them myself, and actually, that was more comfortable for me,” he said.  

The director praised Rain for his acting. 

“What surprised me the most personally while filming was how detailed the actor is when expressing emotions. So, I believe that it will add more fun to the show when the viewers have this in mind while watching his actions,” he said. 

Rain said viewers will get hooked into watching “Red Swan.” 

“I’m confident that after watching a minute or two of the series, the viewers will be sucked into it,” he said. 

credit : https://mb.com.ph/2024/7/4/k-drama-red-swan-with-kim-ha-neul-rain-premieres-on-disney

*** According to Rain during the presscon of "Red Swan", he chose to be part of this show because he admired Director Park when he was young and sometimes, he had the opportunity to be part of his project but turned out not to work out in the end. “As for Haneul, I feel like she’s the most beautiful person you’ll always dream of acting alongside her and I was lucky and blessed this time around to be with her”. He also expressed that the strong presence of Seo Do Yoon captivates him. He said he tried to control his voice and his detailed acting and everything. Moreover, with regards to action scenes, Rain said he wanted to do something that looked impactful so, he had a lot of conversations with the Director. “Rather than doing a lot of cuts, we wanted to do longer takes for the action sequences” He also revealed that he doesn’t have a lot of lines and it was difficult for him because he had to express those emotions without saying it out loud. Furthermore, Director Park said, he felt at ease because he’s working with him, and said that he’s very skilled and has a lot of great ideas.

In terms of chemistry, Kim Haneul shared that she was very satisfied filming with Rain. She also mentioned a particular scene where she was being carried by Rain, she felt at ease because he is very strong and talked about how she relied on Rain a lot. Rain said that he talked a lot with Haneul and shared a lot of conversations and he tried to refrain from channeling too much of himself into the character, “thankfully, Haneul was so attentive, and we have great chemistry, and we got along very well.” he stated.

On the other hand, Rain said that he is always confident in every project that he works on. “As for Red Swan, we really had a great chemistry among the cast and we had a great chemistry with the Director as well, so it was truly an unforgettable set” He also mentioned that they worked so hard and happily on the set. “It’s not about the channel it’s more about how much passion we all put into this series so I hope that can really translate unto the screen for the viewers to feel as well.”

The press conference wrapped up with a short comment and description of the drama.  Yi Sook took the floor first and described the drama, “The Power of the Middle”, followed by Rain who said “Please tune in ladies and gentlemen”, “The Hwain Family is Strong” Haneul’s description.

Catch Red Swan every Wednesday exclusively on Disney+.   :kaching3:

YJH00229.jpg?resize=768,512&ssl=1

Photo Courtesy of Disney+