Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

09-19] 11-09-13 Arirang TV - Showbiz Korea_Rain News - Rain at the Beach

credit : biblueberry06 @ youtube / ratoka – rainlegend

My link

Rain, "No press conference"

i0916-5a.jpg

Singer and actor Rain (Jeong Ji-hoon, 29) explained how he felt about joining the army.

J Tune Entertainment said, "Rain will be joining the army as an active-duty soldier but the dates aren't exact".

Rain will be admitted into the army but which armed forces he will be in hasn't been decided, so he was to hold a press conference before his Seoul concert on September 24th, but this isn't confirmed either.

He posted on his Twitter, "Joining the army is nothing to show off about. As soon as the dates are clear I will post a message. Also, it's not a press conference I'm holding for the sake of my national service but to present my one last major project before I join the army".

Netizen's say, "You're so cool, I will wait 2 years", "I am looking forward to your concert", "Spend the remaining time with us", "I will write to you" and more.

Meanwhile, Rain is currently busy tidying up the movie "Flight: Close to the Sun" and is planning on releasing a new album before he joins the military. He is holding one last final concert on the 24th of September in Seoul Olympic Park.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

Rain wearing JOHN GALLIANO T-shirt

2011-09-18

credit:momorumi@rain-cloud.co.kr

galliano%5F3.jpg

We presented RAIN this T-shirt at CHARITY CONCERT of Nippon Budokan.

Did you wear the T-shirt of our present?

we are very glad if that is right!! (^ ^)

RUMI & HIROMI

Drama is big business for tourism industry

[WAVE GOES ON] ‘I opened this shop seven years ago, and back then, it was mainly Japanese tourists. Now, they come from all over.’

Sept 19,2011

Despite the rain that drizzled down on a recent day earlier this month, the front gate of Choong Ang High School in Gye-dong, central Seoul, was crowded with tourists, mainly from Japan and Malaysia, who were fussing with their cameras and trying to get a good shot of the place that served as the backdrop for the start of a lifelong love affair between the main characters in the 2002 drama “Winter Sonata.”

(skipped unrelated.....)

Popular Hallyu sites

Choong Ang High School is just one of the sites crowded with tourists reminiscing about scenes from their favorite drama. The school, however, is only open to the public on Sundays and every other Saturday, when there are no classes, meaning that tourists hoping to trace their favorite stars have to go elsewhere during the week. Luckily, there are a number of other sites to accommodate them.

Another popular tour takes visitors to neighborhoods in Seoul such as Samseong-dong in the southern part of the city, where many Korean Wave stars, including singer Rain and actresses Song Hye-kyo and Kim Nam-joo, live. This area, which is often referred to as the “Beverly Hills of Korea” by Korean Wave fans, also houses the stars’ management companies.

Haruka, a Japanese fan, was a recent visitor to the neighborhood.

“I recently visited the stars’ residences in Samseong-dong, and just thinking about the fact that stars frequent this area makes me happy,” she said.

“We receive many inquiries about tours to Korean Wave sites, but we don’t offer specific programs related to that demand,” said an official from Hana Tour, the nation’s leading tour agency. “Instead, tourists can choose to add special trips or day tours to longer travel packages.”

By Lee Eun-joo [angie@joongang.co.kr]

Credit : JoongAngDaily

http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2941610 - TO READ FULL ARTICLE

Rain will enter the military on October 11st as a serviceman in the military.

World star Rain (29, real name: Jung Jihoon) will be enlisting in the military for active duty in October. Plans and details on his enlistment will be revealed next week in a press conference.

On September 16th, Rain and his officials received a notice that called for Rain's enlistment in October for active duty in the military. The agency and entertainer will reveal their official position on the notice next week at the press conference.

Rain had previously postponed his military enlistment to star in the KBS 2TV drama "Fugitive: Plan B" last year, and has even embarked on a nationwide tour before his upcoming enlistment starting in July of this year. He has also managed to film for the movie, "Take Off: Closer to the Sun," which is set to be shown at the Pusan International Film Festival on October 6th.

Source: Star News and Sports Seoul //koreaboo

Duth_Lady, since the movie was being mentioned here, I want to correct it that it won't be released at Busan Film Festival anymore next month. A new release date has been sought & maybe when this release will be scheduled next year, since Rain will join the army, SHK will promote the movie by herself. I hope the military defense could allow him to promote his movie. :sweatingbullets:<_<

[sep-19-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter_His lost wallet.

- Brief summary -

Rain left his wallet out in a taxi from Apgujung-dong to Samsung-dong last night, and the taxi driver was a middle aged woman. But now the wallet is in Busan.

profile_normal.jpg

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

지금 나에게는 이것뿐이다... http://twitpic.com/6na29a

Favorite Retweet Reply

»

That's all the money I have.

6,300 KRW

t2%285%29.jpg

profile_normal.jpg

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

@

@AsiaPrince_JKS 그럴까봐... @by100 @kevinra

Favorite Retweet Reply

»

I may have to..

image_normal.jpg

JangKeunSuk 장근석

AsiaPrince_JKS JangKeunSuk 장근석

“@29rain: @by100 @kevinra @AsiaPrince_JKS 나 건들지마 심지어 밥도 얻어먹었어 ...”형...술마실때...이제....나이생각해요....

Favorite Retweet Reply

“@29rain: @by100 @kevinra @AsiaPrince_JKS Don't bother me..Somebody has even paid for my meal.

"Hyung (Rain)..Now, please take your age into consideration when drinking...

profile_normal.jpg

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

@by100 @kevinra @AsiaPrince_JKS 나 건들지마 심지어 밥도 얻어먹었어 ...

Favorite Retweet Reply

Don't bother me..Somebody has even paid for my meal.

002__3__normal.jpg

gangyoon kevin ra

kevinra gangyoon kevin ra

어제밤 압구정에서 삼성동쪽으로 가는 택시안에서 분실했구요 택시운전자분은 아주머니였다고 합니다

Rain said that he left his wallet out in a taxi from Apgujung-dong to Samsung-dong last night, and the taxi driver was a middle aged woman.

002__3__normal.jpg

gangyoon kevin ra

@kevinra gangyoon kevin ra

은영이 핸폰이 중요한게 아니야 정지후니 지갑 잃어버렸어"@EnyonNG2: @pink0906 인연이끈질기나봐요...찾았어용... 근데부산에....있대요....ㅜㅜ"

via Twitter for Android Favorite Retweet Reply

"Eun Young's cellphone is not important..'Jung Ji Hoony' (Rain) has lost his wallet." @EnyonNG2: @pink0906

"There is probably a close connection between him and the wallet..He has found it, but he says it is in Busan city..ㅜㅜ"

Source : http://twitter.com/#!/29rain http://twitter.com/#!/AsiaPrince_JKS http://twitter.com/#!/kevinra

English translation by rain bird

[sep-19-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter_His lost wallet.

- Brief summary -

Rain left his wallet out in a taxi from Apgujung-dong to Samsung-dong last night, and the taxi driver was a middle aged woman. But now the wallet is in Busan.

*quoted image*

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

지금 나에게는 이것뿐이다... http://twitpic.com/6na29a

Favorite Retweet Reply

»

That's all the money I have.

6,300 KRW

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

@

@AsiaPrince_JKS 그럴까봐... @by100 @kevinra

Favorite Retweet Reply

»

I may have to..

*quoted image*

JangKeunSuk 장근석

AsiaPrince_JKS JangKeunSuk 장근석

“@29rain: @by100 @kevinra @AsiaPrince_JKS 나 건들지마 심지어 밥도 얻어먹었어 ...”형...술마실때...이제....나이생각해요....

Favorite Retweet Reply

“@29rain: @by100 @kevinra @AsiaPrince_JKS Don't bother me..Somebody has even paid for my meal.

"Hyung (Rain)..Now, please take your age into consideration when drinking...

*quoted image*

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

@by100 @kevinra @AsiaPrince_JKS 나 건들지마 심지어 밥도 얻어먹었어 ...

Favorite Retweet Reply

Don't bother me..Somebody has even paid for my meal.

*quoted image*

gangyoon kevin ra

kevinra gangyoon kevin ra

어제밤 압구정에서 삼성동쪽으로 가는 택시안에서 분실했구요 택시운전자분은 아주머니였다고 합니다

Rain said that he left his wallet out in a taxi from Apgujung-dong to Samsung-dong last night, and the taxi driver was a middle aged woman.

*quoted image*

gangyoon kevin ra

@kevinra gangyoon kevin ra

은영이 핸폰이 중요한게 아니야 정지후니 지갑 잃어버렸어"@EnyonNG2: @pink0906 인연이끈질기나봐요...찾았어용... 근데부산에....있대요....ㅜㅜ"

via Twitter for Android Favorite Retweet Reply

"Eun Young's cellphone is not important..'Jung Ji Hoony' (Rain) has lost his wallet." @EnyonNG2: @pink0906

"There is probably a close connection between him and the wallet..He has found it, but he says it is in Busan city..ㅜㅜ"

Source : http://twitter.com/#!/29rain http://twitter.com/#!/AsiaPrince_JKS http://twitter.com/#!/kevinra

anjjo, thanks for sharing the translation of what this photo all about...............Oh, RAIN was taking a cab? Why? Gosh, RAIN is careless sometimes, why he doesn't put it inside his pocket, huh? Last time, he dropped also his bills around the parking area of his office, not so big amount of money still he looked for it & that's why his dancers were teasing him because of what happened. And the driver was a woman - seldom could we see that the cab driver is a woman.....So nice of her to return the wallet to RAIN........... never mind the Won inside but there must be some credit cards & some important stuff inside. :) "That's all the money I have." - hahaha - so very RAIN.............the reason why I love this man.....

[sep-19-2011] Rain says that desperate choices should never be taken.

2011091935767_2011091956801.jpg

- Brief summary -

'Han Kyung.Com', one of Korea's internet finance media, is waging a vehement campaign to stop suicide, using the slogan “Beautiful Korea To Live With One Another."

'Han Kyung.Com had an interview with singer and actor Rain, as part of its campaign.

Q : What do you think about suicide?

Rain : Not to mention, it is bad thing.. All of us can be in unbearable situations, but I think that desperate choices should never be taken.

Q : What kinds of efforts do you think we should go through to stop the suicide that has recently come to the fore as a serious social issue these days?.

Rain : I think we need to show more concern for the troubled people.

Such a thing often happens in an extreme circumstance, so it's important that we try to spend much time speaking with them and talk it out.

Q : What do you try to do positively when your feelings are too much for you to handle?

Rain : By sharing my stories with the good people around me, I can ease my difficulties. We have shared both joys and sorrows since my debut, so I've been drawing strength from them.

Q : Please talk about your plan before your military service.

Rain who is about to enter the army sometime in October, has been going on a nationwide tour, "2011 RAIN THE BEST SHOW", for the first time in ten years since he made his debut, putting in his final effort towards the shooting of movie 'Flight : Close to the Sun'

It is said that not only is '2011 RAIN THE BEST SHOW', which is full of his own special method of running shows during the last ten years, providing fantastic events to watch the way it is, but it is carrying the audience to feel more involved in it and is really quite good and satisfying.

Credit to Hankook Economy http://news.nate.com/view/20110919n26826

English translation by rain bird.

I am having major problems with soompi, with my internet connection too, it is awful. <_<

Rain lost his wallet? Is this serious?

Hi bbly, you' re not alone with this problem again...............I encountered it yesterday - some of my replies to your posts & anjjo & my posts were cut & missing.................not with my internet connection, though it's obviously on this site - Ye, RAIN lost his wallet because he left it at the cab...............but it was returned to him - just no idea if it has reached him already since it was reported that it was in Busan. :lol:

[sep-20-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter_He's found his wallet.

<Revised>

profile_normal.jpg

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

빙수 평생 이용권과 빽가 무료가족사진권 근석이 번호를 갖게되는걸까 ..............? 별루다

Favorite Retweet Reply

»

(In reward for all the hard work I've done to find it), will I receive a lifelong free pass which allows me to eat 'Bing Soo' (ice flakes with syrup)(as a service provided by one of his friends), a free ticket which allows my family to have pictures taken as a service provided by Baekga, and Geun Seok's cellphone number............? Not so good.

profile_normal.jpg

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

나 지갑 찾았으여 ... 어이없이 우리 백구집에서 ㅠ ㅜ 다시 부자됐다 괴롭다 냄새가 안없어진다

Favorite Retweet Reply

I've found my wallet that I lost in my albino (dog) house, so I feel upset..ㅠㅜ I've become rich again..The smell that still hasn't gone away, is enough to knock me out..

Source : http://twitter.com/#!/29rain

*** Really wonder how'd it end up in his dog's house? He must have not left it in the cab as what he thought he did..............I feel happy for him that he found it. Wahhhhh............ Lol! A lifetime pass for free dessert is inside that wallet. I love his comment about this free pass.........What about JGS phone number, is it still there - hahaha. I bet he'll instantly call RAIN as soon as he found out that he lost the number. Wondering also why it's not saved in his mobile, huh? He said he's rich again because definitely the money is intact, the 6,300 Won was there. Good, that the dog didn't crap that wallet at all. Anyway, that wallet surely is in good quality & branded. Funny how he described the smell of his wallet............ after retrieving it. Definitely, that family photo is the only thing that's worth anything to him. Hahaha - all RAIN's tweets are just so cool! :lol:

Rain retrieves his lost wallet, but at what cost?

20110920_rain_wallet.jpg

World star Rain had apparently lost his wallet, but he’s found it (more or less) in his dog’s house. Unfortunately, he doesn’t seem too happy with what he’s recovered.

On September 20th, Rain tweeted, “I found my long-lost wallet T_T. I can’t believe it was in our Baekgu’s house…. I’m rich again! Man, the stench isn’t going away… Will I ever see my life-time free pass for patbingsoo [red bean ice dessert], my family photos, and Jang Geun Suk‘s phone number? Probably not =(”

Earlier, Rain left a message implying that he lost his wallet, which contained a whopping 6,300 won which equates to… $6.30 USD. Fortunately, he was able to retrieve it within one day.

Netizens congratulated the star by saying, “What a relief, how did it end up in your dog’s house?” “Your dog was probably protecting your wallet” and, “Haha, your dog was eyeing that life-time pass all along!”

In related news, Rain will hold his last concerts on the 24th and 25th at Seoul’s Jamsil Olympic Park stadium before leaving to join the army.

Source + Photos: Rain’s Twitter / allkpop

Hi bbly, you' re not alone with this problem again...............I encountered it yesterday - some of my replies to your posts & anjjo & my posts were cut & missing.................not with my internet connection, though it's obviously on this site - Ye, RAIN lost his wallet because he left it at the cab...............but it was returned to him - just no idea if it has reached him already since it was reported that it was in Busan. :lol:

With me it is really 2 problems: soompi and plus my internet connection. So you can imagine the trouble I am having. Today is a bit better though.

[sep-20-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter_He's found his wallet.

<Revised>

*quoted image*

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

빙수 평생 이용권과 빽가 무료가족사진권 근석이 번호를 갖게되는걸까 ..............? 별루다

Favorite Retweet Reply

»

(In reward for all the hard work I've done to find it), will I receive a lifelong free pass which allows me to eat 'Bing Soo' (ice flakes with syrup)(as a service provided by one of his friends), a free ticket which allows my family to have pictures taken as a service provided by Baekga, and Geun Seok's cellphone number............? Not so good.

*quoted image*

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

나 지갑 찾았으여 ... 어이없이 우리 백구집에서 ㅠ ㅜ 다시 부자됐다 괴롭다 냄새가 안없어진다

Favorite Retweet Reply

I've found my wallet that I lost in my albino (dog) house, so I feel upset..ㅠㅜ I've become rich again..The smell that still hasn't gone away, is enough to knock me out..

*** Really wonder how'd it end up in his dog's house? He must have not left it in the cab as what he thought he did..............I feel happy for him that he found it. Wahhhhh............ Lol! A lifetime pass for free dessert is inside that wallet. I love his comment about this free pass.........What about JGS phone number, is it still there - hahaha. I bet he'll instantly call RAIN as soon as he found out that he lost the number. Wondering also why it's not saved in his mobile, huh? He said he's rich again because definitely the money is intact, the 6,300 Won was there. Good, that the dog didn't crap that wallet at all. Anyway, that wallet surely is in good quality & branded. Funny how he described the smell of his wallet............ after retrieving it. Definitely, that family photo is the only thing that's worth anything to him. Hahaha - all RAIN's tweets are just so cool! :lol:

Rain retrieves his lost wallet, but at what cost?

*quoted image*

World star Rain had apparently lost his wallet, but he’s found it (more or less) in his dog’s house. Unfortunately, he doesn’t seem too happy with what he’s recovered.

On September 20th, Rain tweeted, “I found my long-lost wallet T_T. I can’t believe it was in our Baekgu’s house…. I’m rich again! Man, the stench isn’t going away… Will I ever see my life-time free pass for patbingsoo [red bean ice dessert], my family photos, and Jang Geun Suk‘s phone number? Probably not =(”

Earlier, Rain left a message implying that he lost his wallet, which contained a whopping 6,300 won which equates to… $6.30 USD. Fortunately, he was able to retrieve it within one day.

Netizens congratulated the star by saying, “What a relief, how did it end up in your dog’s house?” “Your dog was probably protecting your wallet” and, “Haha, your dog was eyeing that life-time pass all along!”

In related news, Rain will hold his last concerts on the 24th and 25th at Seoul’s Jamsil Olympic Park stadium before leaving to join the army.

Source + Photos: Rain’s Twitter / allkpop

So he found his wallet at his dog's house. But above they mention something about Baekga (in the twitter translation) but here in this article something about Baekgu's house. A bit confused now!

Anyway, it is nice seeing Rain's humour.

With me it is really 2 problems: soompi and plus my internet connection. So you can imagine the trouble I am having. Today is a bit better though.

So he found his wallet at his dog's house. But above they mention something about Baekga (in the twitter translation) but here in this article something about Baekgu's house. A bit confused now!

Anyway, it is nice seeing Rain's humour.

bbly, I hope your problems could be resolved soonest.............And so nice to see you here at this unusual time. About his retrieving his wallet, I think the meaning of "Baekgu in Korean is "white dog" - correct me guys if I stand corrected................. blush.gif:unsure:

[swp-21-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter_My favorite headband..

profile_normal.jpg

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

ㅎㅎㅎ... 내가 좋아하는 머리띠 http://twitpic.com/6nvcdo

Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Hahaha.. My favorite headband..

t5%285%29.jpg

profile_normal.jpg

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

여러분 저는 책을 낸적이 없습니다 ... 속지마시길

Favorite Retweet Reply

I have not written a book...Please don't be fooled.

------------------------------------------------------------

photo/drawing

2011-09-20

by raimy@rain-cloud.co.kr

rain23921aaa.JPG

[swp-21-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter_My favorite headband..

*quoted image*

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

ㅎㅎㅎ... 내가 좋아하는 머리띠 http://twitpic.com/6nvcdo

Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Hahaha.. My favorite headband..

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

여러분 저는 책을 낸적이 없습니다 ... 속지마시길

Favorite Retweet Reply

I have not written a book...Please don't be fooled.

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting this tweet again................So, that book, which was posted from RL site isn't true at all..... Actually, I get no idea about it that's why, I didn't comment on it............. :lol:

Rain, "I found my wallet, but the prize is Jang Geun-seok's phone number?"

201109210733321110_1.jpg

Singer Rain refused Jang Geun-seok's phone number.

He posted on his Twitter on the 20th, "I found my wallet; in my dogs' house. I am rich again but the smell won't go again. So does this mean I get a free food coupon, a coupon for Baekga's photo, and Jang Geun-seok's phone number? I don't like it".

Previously, when Rain lost his wallet, Koyote's Baekga helped him look for the wallet by posting on Twitter, "If anybody finds Jeong Ji-hoon's (Rain) wallet you will get a some food coupons, Rain's autographed CD, Jang Geun-seok's phone number, a coupon for Baekga's photo, and hugs from Rain".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

[PICTURE] Rain poses with his big cute ribbon

Sept. 21, 2011

ebb9842.jpg

Singer Rain showed off his cute and wacky side.

On September 21st, he posted the photo above through Twitter with caption, "My favorite headband".

In the photo, Rain is wearing a big red ribbon headband. He is making a humorous look with his big rounded eyes and mouth.

Netizens commented, "It's pretty!" and "You're really cute even at 30"

Meanwhile, Rain will be having concert in Olympic Park on September 24th and 25th.

Source:dkpopnews

*** I find this photo cute because of his wackiness.......... After seeing this picture, wondering what if RAIN someday would play a character of a "gay", do you think & see as cool? Rain surely knows how to entertain his fans. Occasionally-done & it's fun! And this is totally random....... :lol:

World-star Rain transforms into… Minnie Mouse?

***please refer to the picture above***

From his steamy music videos to badass action films, world star Rain is known for his masculine image — but it looks like the idol is going for a slightly different concept with his latest selca.

On September 21st, Rain posted a picture on his Twitter account, shamelessly tweeting, “This is the headband I like.” In the photo, Rain sports a large, red ribbon headband with large white polka-dots, complete with an adorable pose.

Netizens stated, “This totally looks good on you,” “I must admit that you are a cutie,” and, “Is it okay to be this cute at the age of 30?”

Meanwhile, Rain will be holding a concert on September 24th and 25th at the Gymnastic Stadium in Olympic Park in Yang Ilgan, Seoul.

Source: Star News via Naver / allkpop

[sep-21-2011]<Eng.trans>Rain's post on Twitter_He wants to give himself out as a boy.

IMG01711-20110915-1604_normal.jpg

Happy nyong

@nyong_soul Happy nyong

@29rain 오빠동안인정 ㅋㅋ

1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Favorite Retweet Reply

I accept oppa (Rain) looks younger..keke..

_EB_B2_A0_EB_84_A4_normal.JPG

eun kyoung kim

eun0551 eun kyoung kim

@

@nyong_soul @29rain 오빤 29rain이니까 ㅋㅋ

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Because oppa (Rain) is 29rain..keke..

profile_normal.jpg

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

@

@eun0551 @nyong_soul 나 아직 30이야 어린이쥐

I'm still 30 years old.. Just a boy.

Source : http://twitter.com/#!/29rain http://twitter.com/#!/eun0551 http://twitter.com/#!/nyong_soul

[sep-21-2011]<Eng.trans>Rain's post on Twitter_He wants to give himself out as a boy.

*quoted image*

Happy nyong

@nyong_soul Happy nyong

@29rain 오빠동안인정 ㅋㅋ

1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Favorite Retweet Reply

I accept oppa (Rain) looks younger..keke..

*quoted image*

eun kyoung kim

eun0551 eun kyoung kim

@

@nyong_soul @29rain 오빤 29rain이니까 ㅋㅋ

Because oppa (Rain) is 29rain..keke..

*quoted image*

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

@

@eun0551 @nyong_soul 나 아직 30이야 어린이쥐

I'm still 30 years old.. Just a boy.

Source : http://twitter.com/#!/29rain http://twitter.com/#!/eun0551 http://twitter.com/#!/nyong_soul

anjjo, thanks for sharing his tweet again. Maybe they're talking about RAIN's picture here with a mouse bow? :lol:

[past article/interview] Revisiting 2005: Jung JiHoon raises the bar in A Love To Kill.

Please enjoy this vintage article published by the Dong-A Ilbo in anticipation of Rain's appearance in KBS drama A Love To Kill (I Jukilnomui Sarang), with actress Shin Mina, back in late 2005. Rain was getting ready to unleash Kang BokGu's beast on TV screens across Korea in a role unlike any he'd ever played before. He had already made quite a name for himself, but this character would truly show his acting range and catapult him to the next level.

-- Stephe ^@@^

2005102731508.jpg

Dong-A Ilbo 10/27/2005 —

(http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?bicode=130000&biid=2005102731508)

From Singer to Combat Sports Fighter, an Actor Is Born

He is a man who has nothing but his own flesh and bone. He is a man to whom women swear to give their lives. He is a combat sports fighter who has never won a single match. He is Gang Bok-gu, the protagonist of the new drama “This Cursed Love” (Korean title: “Ijugilnomui Sarang”), which will debut on KBS2 at 9:55 p.m. on October 31.

But there is another man behind the role: A man who auditioned a dozen times to become a singer, but was turned down each time because of his looks; A man whose dream was to get an award for best new artist and dedicate it to his mother. That man is Rain, the singer.

He is also Jung Ji-hoon, the actor who plays the ill-fated Gang Bok-gu in “This Cursed Love.”

The new drama is written by Lee Gyeong-hi, who wrote one of last season’s biggest hits, “I’m Sorry, I Love You,” and is directed by rising star Kim Gyu-tae. Jung Ji-hoon and Shin Min-ah star as the main love interests.

Man Gang Bok-gu Has Been Hurt by Love—

An innocent woman loves a man then leaves him. Because of her, the man becomes a human vegetable, and the man’s brother swears revenge. But the brother ends up falling in love with the woman. It’s not an unfamiliar story for audiences of television dramas.

d829ca169f3146e26c16e4d16537db9d1228710400%5Ffull.jpg

But the protagonist Gang Bok-gu is an unfamiliar character. The strongly-worded title seems to refer not to love but to the character.

His pastime is extorting money from students. He is a combat sports fighter, a line of work that’s becoming quite popular lately, but he is an arrogant man who loses all his matches on purpose because he doesn’t like being singled out as a winner.

In the first episode, a woman stands on the railing of a bridge and cries that she will come down if he tells her that he loves her just once. Gang doesn’t think twice before saying, “Go ahead and jump.”

Protagonists are usually portrayed as having a good heart even when their actions appear otherwise, but Gang steers clear of this trite convention. When he falls in love with his brother’s ex-girlfriend, Cha Eun-seok, he becomes someone he can’t accept. That’s why Jung Ji-hoon describes his character as “a man who learns his lesson after turning his nose up at love.” He says he is “glad to be able to play such a vile person.”

Man Jung Ji-hoon Has Become Crazy about Acting—

There was a time when he would wait around the house all day and suddenly ask himself, “What on earth am I doing?” But nowadays, he’s so busy that he doesn’t have a moment to rest. He is Rain, the singer, and Jung Ji-hoon, the actor. After returning from his Beijing tour on October 22, he is devoting himself to the show. When the show’s over, he will hit the road again on another tour.

In preparation for his fighting scenes, he did 2,000 reps a day with a jump rope for two months. He sculpted his physique with chicken in the morning and mackerel in the evening. He got injured during filming countless times. But he still confesses that he finds it more difficult to do the emotional scenes than action sequences. “Singing and dancing can be mastered through practice, but you can’t learn emotions,” he notes, and explains that he tries to feel the character with his heart rather than understanding them with his head.

Jung Ji-hoon made his acting debut with “Let’s Go to School, Sangdu” on KBS2 and began to enter the spotlight in KBS2’s “Full House.” In this, his third drama, audiences are hoping that he will shed the reputation of being a “singer-actor.”

The show’s writer, Lee Gyeong-hi, praises him as a “gem of an actor.” His female lead, Shin Min-ah, also commented that he “immerses himself to the point where you forget that he’s a singer.”

When asked what kind of character he wants to play the most in future, he replies, “Gang Bok-gu.” That’s how deep into his character he has fallen. “Audiences will invest just one hour of their lives and experience a love that rarely comes even once in a lifetime,” he says confidently.

Copyright donga.com. All rights reserved.

a%5Flove11.jpg

Credit : stephe - rain-cloud.co.kr/

11-09-21 Mentholatum - Taiwan COSMEND _ Cosmetics Hot News

credit:vincet57@http://rain-cloud.co.kr

by sherrysss@

http://www.cloud-taiwan.net/

http://www.raincloudhk.com/

summer / / Full 2011

DSC05738%2D2.jpg

img016.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain & Ninja Assassin mentioned at a popular Filipino comic strip, 'Pugad Baboy' (Daily Inquirer Newspaper)

Sept. 17, 2011

credit:Rain CloudPh (fb)

313048_261676457200345_100000739777634_837803_252414676_n.jpg

English Translation of second frame where Rain is mentioned:

I have seen also at Youtube the Ninja Assassin workout of Korean actor Rain.