Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** Thanks alice again for sharing this link. It was really a hard training for him. :mellow::P

[11-26] Video: Watch Rain In Training For Ninja Assassin

watch the vid at : http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Video-Watch...ssin-15863.html

I liked Ninja Assassin a lot, despite all evidence that it's not really a good movie

, because it knows exactly what it is-- a tribute to fighting and kicking and jumping and really, really cool weaponry. At the center of it all is Korean pop star Rain, who stuck to a brutal diet and trained every day for months to get into incredible shape to play Raizo, the rouge assassin who fights against the main who raised him in the name of justice... or something. Whatever, it doesn't really matter.

Warner Bros. clearly knows that Rain and his muscles are the main appeal-- Taylor Lautner is so last week!-- so they've released a training montage film, intersplicing Rain's rehearsal footage with shots of him kicking serious richard simmons in the movie too. It moves as swiftly and energetically as the movie itself, and if it's man-candy you're looking for, you can't do much better than this. Ninja Assassin is now open everywhere, so if you've had it with the mystical hunks of New Moon, we have found your new crush.

Guest andycat

Stormtrooper

By Genevieve Loh, TODAY | Posted: 25 November 2009 1252 hrs

phpLWPeC1.jpg

SINGAPORE : Confession: I sooo don't like Rain. And after meeting him face-to-face at the Lotte Hotel in Seoul at the Asian junket for his latest Hollywood film "Ninja Assassin", I have to say I sooo like the K-boy even less.

sorry to cut your post...

but this is just FUNNY!! heheheh :D

Guest xXsmilesXx

I just saw Ninja Assassin, and i though i wasn't going to like it but

i really actually liked it. It was pretty good, well maybe I'm being a bit bias

here, but i must give it up to Rain. He did an awesome job, his english was very

hot and not to mention he looked extremely sexy. The story was good, although

I kinda wish the movie was longer. The movie was very predictable, i guess just about everything right.

Overall I enjoyed it. There was great action, BLOOD and

RAIN of course muahahaha. I love the eyecandy. Joon was also great as younger raizo.

I think I'm going to go watch it a second time. yay.

RAIN was too freakin hot i really didn't pay attention to the dialog.

Every time he came on screen i would start hyperventilating.

anywho forget team Edward, team Jacob because I'm on TEAM RAIZO!

Guest tyty6_7

Okie, I just got back from the NA ... the theater was not full house, but It was crowded...better than I thought ...80 % were male...at the beginning my local theater just planned to show NA only 4 times , but for some reason, today they suddenly increased to 8 times ...I guess maybe at first they did not trust the new face Rain who can drag the people to the theater, but the early shows of today might be sold out or crowded , that's why they had a confidence to increase more show times....

The movie is not that bad as the critics said...the story is good enough for an action movie... It was really better than I expected....I got emotion in some scenes...and I am surprised with the acting of Lee Joon (MBLAQ) too...

Luckily for me, I was not scared at the bloody, slicing, and chopping scenes which I thought I would be...heheh...I were really surprised with that because I am such kind of girl who are very scared at any violent action... maybe I have read a lot of spoilers and reviews and prepared myself for those scenes, so I really did not feel scary at all... I am glad that I could watch the whole movie and enjoyed every move of our Rain...

Bam, I agree with you... He was so good and so hot at the same time...I really like the final fighting scene with the ozu clan's boss...His moves looked naturally as if he is a martial art artist, not a singer....and he talked english more than I thought too....

and Bam, not mention about the moves, just regarding the body... Robert vampire 's body can not be that hot compared with our Rain Ninja...heheh... vampire's abs looks a little bit wierd to me...but I like vampire's cool look than ninja 's one....

However, I will still be on Raizo team....maybe I am biased...hehehehe...cant wait to see Raizo again tomorrow...hehehe

09-11-25 [fan account] poor me, but it's good news~

Ninja Assassin opened in USA today, so I hit the theatre tonight after work to boost the opening day's box office. I arrived at the theatre at 7:10pm tonight in order to get the ticket for 7:30pm's Ninja Assassin. Unfortunately, the 7:30pm one was sold out. All right, I didn't mind to get the 8:30pm one. Man~ I was told that the 8:30pm one was also sold out. Finally, I got a ticket for the 9:10pm one. It's raining in New York whole day today, so I gotta waited for 2 hours in the wet night in order to get my Cloud homework done for today.

The 9:10pm one was about 99% full, may be 2-3 seats left. 90% of the audiences were in the 20's. The ratio of male and female was about 70% vs. 30%.

I also hit the theatre on Speed Racer's opening day, but I could easily get the ticket for the show I wanted. However, this time for Ninja Assassin, the first show I wanted was sold out, the one followed it was also sold out. Hope we'll hear good news on its box office soon~

Source:rainhk

credit:scorpiola

2009-11-26 02:02 PM

Rain's "Ninja Assassin" outsells Cusack's "2012"

2009112614033006585_1.jpg

Movie poster for "Ninja Assassin" [Warner Brothers]

Korean entertainer Rain's Hollywood blockbuster film "Ninja Assassin" has topped advance ticket sales in Korea on its opening Thursday.

As of today morning, the real-time ticket reservation rate for "Ninja" clocked in at 31.5 percent compared to 29.16 percent for the John Cusack vehicle "2012", according to statistics posted on the KOFIC (Korean Film Council) electronic network.

The figure is considered impressive for a film with an R-rating and will also only be shown on 210 screens in the country.

In the U.S., the martial arts action flick opened on November 25 over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and distributor Warner Brothers increased the number of screens from 2,800 to 3,000. The U.S. box office results will be available the following Monday.

"Ninja" has drawn worldwide publicity since its early stages with the casting of Asian superstar Rain, who caught the eyes of the famous Wachowski Brothers while working on the movie "Speed Racer" last year. The singer underwent rigorous martial arts training for months to prepare for his role as an assassin who plots revenge on his former crime organization.

Rain is currently in Hong Kong, wrapping up the final leg of his promotion tour for the film.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest SweetSerein

omg I just saw it and I loved it..even though it was super gory...i loved it. Theres sooo much action and Rain looked soooo darn smexxyyy...I was definitely drooling over his hott chocolate abs...*fan girl screaming* lol...my bf was sooo embarrassed to sit next to me. lol. But yeahhh...very awesome movie..the ninjas were sooo freakin tight...gotta love ninjas, Rain, and Lee Joon. Little rain is sooooo cute...cant believe he's the same cutie from MBLAQ.

Rain's "Ninja Assassin" outsells Cusack's "2012"

http://cphoto.asiae.co.kr/listimglink/6/20...033006585_1.jpg

Movie poster for "Ninja Assassin" [Warner Brothers]

Korean entertainer Rain's Hollywood blockbuster film "Ninja Assassin" has topped advance ticket sales in Korea on its opening Thursday.

As of today morning, the real-time ticket reservation rate for "Ninja" clocked in at 31.5 percent compared to 29.16 percent for the John Cusack vehicle "2012", according to statistics posted on the KOFIC (Korean Film Council) electronic network.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

Hi deka dear, thanks for sharing here another great news. You've been making me happy, actually, making US happy by your posts here since yesterday. Wow, they increased the no. of theaters in US. Can't wait to see the Box Office results. All NA publicities never failed this movie. Wondering what's RAIN doing in HK at the moment aside, of course from rehearsing for this weekend concerts. I'm sure he's also monitoring the result of his movie there. I hope it's also doing good there :P:lol:

11.25.09 Six to Five Photos, Rain

314.jpg

1231.jpg

220.jpg

credit: sizuku219

11.25.09 Rain Photos on Movie Week

2_dsc_5517_copy.jpg

2_dsc_5599_copy.jpg

2_dsc_5720_copy.jpg

2_dsc_5538_copy.jpg

source : Movieweek

re-up by Linh @ rain-cloud

11.25.09 Rain in HK Apple Daily

rain_bi__hk_apple_daily.jpg

credit as tagged

11.25.09 Rain and MBLAQ on Super 100_Homme fatale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0_DRapF8-c...player_embedded

cr: maruborarain0625@youtube

09-11-25 [fan account] poor me, but it's good news~

Ninja Assassin opened in USA today, so I hit the theatre tonight after work to boost the opening day's box office. I arrived at the theatre at 7:10pm tonight in order to get the ticket for 7:30pm's Ninja Assassin. Unfortunately, the 7:30pm one was sold out. All right, I didn't mind to get the 8:30pm one. Man~ I was told that the 8:30pm one was also sold out. Finally, I got a ticket for the 9:10pm one. It's raining in New York whole day today, so I gotta waited for 2 hours in the wet night in order to get my Cloud homework done for today.

The 9:10pm one was about 99% full, may be 2-3 seats left. 90% of the audiences were in the 20's. The ratio of male and female was about 70% vs. 30%.

I also hit the theatre on Speed Racer's opening day, but I could easily get the ticket for the show I wanted. However, this time for Ninja Assassin, the first show I wanted was sold out, the one followed it was also sold out. Hope we'll hear good news on its box office soon~

Source:rainhk

credit:karman1668

2009-11-26 02:22 PM

anjjo, thanks for sharing this story. I think the slot she got is already a last full-show. But still, it's full-packed. And most viewers were young ones. Of course, we expect that this movie is a man's movie. I hope this would continue to do good box-office wise in the coming days. Wahhhhh.......... we'll get BO results on Monday......... :P:lol:

Okie, I just got back from the NA ... the theater was not full house, but It was crowded...better than I thought ...80 % were male...at the beginning my local theater just planned to show NA only 4 times , but for some reason, today they suddenly increased to 8 times ...I guess maybe at first they did not trust the new face Rain who can drag the people to the theater, but the early shows of today might be sold out or crowded , that's why they had a confidence to increase more show times....

The movie is not that bad as the critics said...the story is good enough for an action movie... It was really better than I expected....I got emotion in some scenes...and I am surprised with the acting of Lee Joon (MBLAQ) too...

Luckily for me, I was not scared at the bloody, slicing, and chopping scenes which I thought I would be...heheh...I were really surprised with that because I am such kind of girl who are very scared at any violent action... maybe I have read a lot of spoilers and reviews and prepared myself for those scenes, so I really did not feel scary at all... I am glad that I could watch the whole movie and enjoyed every move of our Rain...

Bam, I agree with you... He was so good and so hot at the same time...I really like the final fighting scene with the ozu clan's boss...His moves looked naturally as if he is a martial art artist, not a singer....and he talked english more than I thought too....

and Bam, not mention about the moves, just regarding the body... Robert vampire 's body can not be that hot compared with our Rain Ninja...heheh... vampire's abs looks a little bit wierd to me...but I like vampire's cool look than ninja 's one....

However, I will still be on Raizo team....maybe I am biased...hehehehe...cant wait to see Raizo again tomorrow...hehehe

Hi tyty, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Really - he talked English more here? I thought all along it's more of action than him talking. I thought I could only see him here doing stunts & talked LESS. :P:lol:

[11-26] Ninja Assassin Review - Boxoffice

source:http://boxoffice.com/reviews/2009/11/ninja-assassin.php

Director James McTeigue re-teams with his V for Vendetta producers Joel Silver and brothers Andy and Larry Wachowski to mine countless ninja video games, anime and decades worth of martial arts movies for his bloodied action movie, Ninja Assassin. Working with screenwriters Matthew Sand and J. Michael Straczynski (from an original story by Sand), McTeigue provides enough wire-fu fights and stylish gore to please the fan boys who expect ample bloodletting from an R-rated action movie. Casting Korean pop sensation Rain as the lead ninja, Raizo, will deliver a core Asian fan base, especially young women, to the movie. An example of holiday counter-programming at its goriest, Warner Bros. will experience strong support from young male action buffs but poor reviews will hamper chances at blockbuster-level, crossover business.

A young boy trains under the leader of the secret Ozunu Clan (martial arts veteran Sho Kosugi) but escapes after his fellow student and girlfriend is killed. Now an adult living in Berlin, Raizo (Rain) faces off against his former ninja brothers when he helps pretty Europol agent Mika Coretti (Naomi Harris) track down the Ozuna Clan and stop their business of assassinations-for-hire.

McTeigue and his extensive team of stunt coordinators keep the action crisp and the bloodletting stylish throughout Ninja Assassin, a movie that has already spawned an iPhone/iPod touch game application. Its standout sequences which include a gory battle between young yakuza and ninjas at the start of the film, a frantic fight between speeding cars on a busy Berlin motorway and the climactic battle between Raizo and his teacher in a burning mountaintop retreat, offer slick violence equal to a Takashi Miike film and a level of brutality worthy of the great Kinji Fukasaku (Battle Royale).

Ninja Assassin features the familiar plot of a student rebelling against an evil master, itˇŻs a plot thatˇŻs easy-to-follow thanks to popular ninja video game and numerous martial arts movies. It's hard to fault Sand and Straczynski for wanting to upend a proven formula. A series of flashbacks explaining Raizo's past drags down the middle of the film and prevents Ninja Assassin from becoming a modern martial arts classic on the level of the Kill Bill films or Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Naomie Harris (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and At World's End) deserves credit for bringing a strong female presence to the testosterone-heavy movie. Harris makes her Europol forensics detective strong, brave and willing to face whirling blades and non-stop gunfire. Sho Kosugi squeezes every ounce of melodrama out of the flashback scenes of candlelight instruction and sadistic blood rituals. Granted, the dialogue may be laughable at times but it's still a joy to hear Kosugi deliver the words with his raspy voice.

Rain, who starred in the Wachowski Brothers film Speed Racer, kicks the film to life whenever he appears onscreen. Rain is charismatic and impressively buffed as the film's baby-faced assassin and ruthless as a master killer with a weapon resembling a flying guillotine. While a sequel for Ninja Assassin is unlikely, despite being set up for one, expect more Hollywood work for the talented 27 year old Korean pop star.

At times the film's severed heads and gushing blood bring to mind the faux trailer for the Eli Roth horror Thanksgiving. After all, just how bloody can a Hollywood holiday release be? (Warners moved Ninja Assassin up from a planned 2010 release.) To their credit, Silver and the Wachowski Brothers understand fan boys who will drive earnings above the previous Silver/Wachowski production Speed Racer. The promise of extensive bonus clips means these same fans will also line up for Ninja Assassin on home video making bloody ninjas a good business movie for Warner Bros.

Distributor: Warner Bros

Cast: Rain, Naomie Harris and Sho Kosugi

Director: James McTeigue

Screenwriters: Matthew Sand and J. Michael Stracynski

Producers: Joel Silver, Andy Wachowski, Larry Wachowski and Grant Hill

Rating: R for strong bloody stylized violence throughout, and language.

Running time: 99 min.

Rain in Allure Magazine

20091125_rainallure2a_thumb.jpg

Coinciding with the release of Ninja Assassin in theaters across the country today, Allure Korea released some photos of Rain / Bi, which were taken while Rain was filming for Ninja Assassin.

As you can see in the photos, Rain put a lot of work in his body. As for Ninja Assassin I can't wait to watch it, I'll most likely check it out this weekend when I have some free time! Check out the photos below, check out Ninja Assassin in the theaters, and also check out our interview with Rain.

20091125_rainallure1a_thumb.jpg20091125_rainallure3a_thumb.jpg

Source : allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_stor...llure_magazine/

More Hollywood scripts for Rain

November 26, 2009

ninjaassassin_091111.jpg

Hollywood wants more Rain, as the Korean superstar is looking through several scripts for his next big screen appearance.

His agency, J-tune Entertainment has reported that Rain is currently looking at about six scripts but a decision has not been made as to which script he will choose.

Rain had mentioned during a press conference that working on his film “Ninja Assassin,” had opened many doors for his acting career in the U.S.

There is speculation amongst Korean netizens that the 27-year-old singer/actor has been cast to appear in Hollywood’s adaption of the popular online game “World of Warcraft.” Rain had mentioned in several interviews that he is in talks to appear in a series movie with a production cost that is set for over 170 million dollars.

Depending on the success of “Ninja Assassin,” Rain might have a very bright future in Hollywood. Maybe he can star in a movie with Megan Fox.

Source:popseoul

Rain Featured on CNN Entertainment

20091125_ninjaassassinpremier_572.jpg

Fans have been awaiting the release of ‘Ninja Assassin’ for quite some time and now that the day has come, it is stirring a lot of talk from fans and the American media alike.

Recently, CNN Entertainment covered the story of Rain’s attempt (through ‘Ninja Assassin’) to make it big in the US. And if you follow up on the American media as devotedly as you do with the Korean media (*cough cough* allkpop), you’ll begin to realize that Rain is now getting a lot of coverage for his new movie.

Although most of you are probably experts on Rain, the article (which can be viewed here) gives American readers a taste of where Rain came from and how he started to become known in the American industry. It also talks about how he prepared for the leading role in ‘Ninja Assassin,’ stating that he even went as far as working out ten hours a day! Now that’s what I call dedication!

As other American entertainment news sites and stations cover Rain on his movie, we can only wonder, “Is this going to be Rain’s big break into the American entertainment industry? Or will it be a flop just like ‘Speed Racer' was?”

What do you think?

Source : allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_stor..._entertainment/

CNN Sees Rain as Potential Global Superstar

Superstar Rain is in the U.S. media spotlight amid the international debut of his highly-anticipated Hollywood blockbuster "Ninja Assassin."

CNN in its report "From Korean Popstar to 'Ninja Assassin'" hailed the 27-year-old singer and actor as having all the qualities of an international superstar-in-the-making.

Listing his many accomplishments, including sold-out concerts in Asia and his being on People magazine's list of 100 most beautiful people in 2007, the article said that despite being relatively unknown to most Americans he has managed to make his big screen debut in the U.S.

In this latest movie which opened in U.S. theaters on Wednesday Rain plays the role of Raizo, an orphan-turned-assassin who takes revenge on the clan that raised him.

Credit : Chosun Ilbo

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_d...9112600675.html

Rain Becomes Int’l Superstar: CNN (한글번역)

An influential U.S. cable news network has praised Korean pop star Rain as having "all the trimmings of an international superstar in the making."

Under the title of "From Asian top star to Ninja Assassin," Cable News Network (CNN) said on its Internet edition on Tuesday commented like that, while introducing the film where Rain stars, one day before it is released nationwide in the U.S.

CNN reported the difficulty Rain (real name is Chung Ji-hoon) has suffered, along his personal history as entertainer. The broadcaster said that Rain has climbed "from unknown backup dancer to a members of Asian A-list."

"He was hailed as one of People magazine's most beautiful two years ago, and despite being relatively unknown to most Americans, beat Stephen Colbert in a Time magazine online poll of most influential people in 2007."

This is his second appearance in a Hollywood movie, following "Speed Racer" last year.

비 세계적 `수퍼스타'

미국의 케이블뉴스 CNN이 한국의 팝스타 `비'를 "세계적인 슈퍼스타로 성장할 모든 것을 다 갖췄다''고 찬사를 보냈다.

CNN은 미국 전역 개봉 하루 전인 화요일 '아시아 팝 스타에서 닌자 어쌔신'이라는 인터넷 기사에서 비가 출연한 이 영화를 소개하면서 이같이 보도했다.

백댄서 출신인 비가 아시아 최고 스타가 되는 과정은 쉽지 않았지만 이제 세계적인 스타로 도약하려고 있다며 그의 성장사와 닌자 어쌔신 출연 과정 등을 자세히 다뤘다.

CNN은 비 (본명 정지훈)가 그 동안 겪었던 어려움을 연예인으로서 그의 개인 역정과 함께 보도했다. CNN은 비가 "무명의 백댄서에서 아시아의 A급 연예인으로 올라섰다"고 말했다.

CNN은 "비가 미국에선 상대적으로 덜 알려졌지만 2년 전 피플지에서 가장 아름다운 사람 가운데 1명이었고 같은 해 타임지의 가장 영향력 있는 인물 온라인 투표에서는 미국의 인기 코미디언 스티븐 콜버트를 제쳤다" 고 보도했다.

비가 헐리우드 영화에 출연하기는 지난해 "스피드 레이서"에 이어 두 번째다.

Credit : Korea Times

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../135_56104.html

November 26, 2009

Korean Pop Star Rain Has All the Qualities of an Int'l Superstar:CNN

Korean superstar Rain is in the US media spotlight as he prepares for the international debut of his highly-anticipated Hollywood blockbuster "Ninja Assassin."

CNN in its report "From Korean Popstar to 'Ninja Assassin'" hailed the 27-year-old singer/actor as having all the qualities of an international superstar-in-the-making.

Listing his many accomplishments including sold-out concerts in Asia and his being on People magazine's list of 100 most beautiful people in 2007 the article said that despite being relatively unknown to most Americans he has managed to make his big screen debut in the US.

In this latest movie which opens in US theaters on November 25th Rain plays the role of Raizo an orphan-turned-deadly-assassin who takes revenge on the clan that raised him.

Credit : Korea.net

http://www.arirang.co.kr/News/News_View.as...&category=2

Gal, Just finish watchin NA for the 2nd time and

Almost full house except for the front two row mind you it was during

Office hour and it's a premier tix (slightly expensive) and it was almost

Sold out.

Watched New moon after NA..... Guess what? NA outshine

Newmoon (4 me). I lost focus. My mind keep return to Rain scenes

(coz watched Newmoon rite after NA). I never tot anything could surpass

Newmoon impossible.

So I guess NA is reallyyyyyy good. I am so proud.

Btw did I tell you the 2nd round was much much much better???

Gal, Just finish watchin NA for the 2nd time and

Almost full house except for the front two row mind you it was during

Office hour and it's a premier tix (slightly expensive) and it was almost

Sold out.

Watched New moon after NA..... Guess what? NA outshine

Newmoon (4 me). I lost focus. My mind keep return to Rain scenes

(coz watched Newmoon rite after NA). I never tot anything could surpass

Newmoon impossible.

So I guess NA is reallyyyyyy good. I am so proud.

Btw did I tell you the 2nd round was much much much better???

Bam, hahaha - watching NA for the 2nd time? You love our man very much by doing that. Kidding aside, thanks again for sharing. I feel happy for what I read here, those who had watched NA already. I feel happy for RAIN. I'm also so proud of him. But I think I could only watch the 2nd round when I could have my DVD copy of this movie. :P:lol:

Guest angelordevil

wwow, so happy to see a lot of Rain's fans watch movie and almost say goood.

so prooud

@Bam: I so envy you very much, you can watch it twice while I haven't had a chance to see it.

need to wait next month. oh my god. otoke

@tyty6_7: like your thought tooo, and I see now we have a lot of confidence about the NA's success

hope we can hear good news next week.

[iNTERVIEW] Rain - Part 1

2009112610070057537_1.jpg

From turning into a top Korean singer who puts on one of the best performances in the country to becoming a star across all of Asia, then from taking on a supporting role in a film by a popular Hollywood director to landing the leading role. The rising curve representing his career resembles more of a conqueror's than that of an entertainer's. But that man, Rain, spoke most frankly about the difficulties in pursuing a career in the United States and the agony and anguish he felt while undergoing training for his new film. It is not weird to expect the superstar to live in a world of his own but our interview revealed he is a 27-year-old standing on the same ground as us and putting in his best effort to overcome one challenge after the other.

10: I was actually looking forward to seeing you with long black hair, like in the movie. (laugh)

Rain: Really? I wanted to lose it. It's really hard to maintain that hair.

10: It may also be because of your hairstyle but your Asian appearance was greatly emphasized in the movie.

Rain: I hadn't intended on it. I also had almost no make-up on my face. Thankfully, I have nice skin (laugh) so I came out okay. And my hair had been closer to a brown, like the color it is right now, but the director wanted it black. This style looks better on me though, right? I prefer short hair.

10: Without question, your body was as impressive as your looks. It must've not been easy to control what you eat to all the training you had to undergo.

Rain: Everyday, I ate only chicken breast, vegetables and black pepper. Once in a while I'd get to eat beef cooked in plain boiling water which wouldn't take out the smell of the blood in it, but eating it made me feel like I won the lottery. I underwent a lot of training too. I'd start with weight routines such as bench presses or dead lifts and take a one-minute break after. After that I'd complete a total of 10 sets with eight rounds of bench presses, push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups and dead lifts without any breaks at all. This way, you lose fat without doing aerobic exercises and your muscles even out rather than just blow up in volume.

10: In other words, you got to learn the advanced method. You'd probably be able to use it in the future.

Rain: I learned a lot and I've been teaching my kids, MBLAQ, the same workout routine. Member Lee Jun of the group, who played the younger version of me in "Ninja Assassin", underwent the same workout process as me so he's been teaching the rest of the group. When they're in training, they'll do the exact same routine I just mentioned and if one of them can't complete a certain exercise, they'll keep going until they do while the rest of the group will have to keep doing their own exercises too. Only then they're allowed to go onto the next part of the routine and they just keep repeating the sets. It's definitely hardcore. I'm planning on using the same training routine for everyone at my agency.

10: So like your workout routine which will continue on in a systematic way, your Hollywood experience with "Ninja" will help in your future connections and businesses.

Rain: I always try to maintain any connections I have. And it's definitely extremely important in Hollywood. It's been four years since I announced I would expand my career into the United States after making it on Time magazine's 100 Most Influential Person list. And the way I spent those four years? Me and my agency called up every studio in the U.S., explained how much recognition I have in Asia, tell them I want to make an album with them and then meet them to hang out with them. And then when I called them afterwards, they would say they'd sign for an album in Asia, and maybe work on expanding my career to the States after that. It means that all they're interested in is making money. In the meantime, I got rejected at audition after audition, when I finally got the part for "Ninja". From then of, I've continuously been receiving proposals for films and albums. Joel Silver went around saying my name, and although he's not sure what I'm about, the Wachowski Brothers like me. "Speed Racer" didn't do well but Hollywood producers got to know who I am.

10: Now that they know of you, you must have plans for other movies after "Ninja".

Rain: There's a film which will cost over 170 million dollars to make but we're sort of at a red light with it right now. Things are just like that in Hollywood. Nothing will happen unless you've signed on. Even if the other side says they want to make it happen with me, things could turn over anytime. That's why I can't mention the name of the film. But it's an action fantasy, sort of like "Lord of the Rings", where several soldiers protect the King who is on his way to his destination. If all goes well, I'll be playing one of the seven main characters. I'll be able to reveal the details when I sign on.

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo eight@10asia.co.kr

Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr, Lee Ji-Hye seven@10asia.co.kr

[iNTERVIEW] Rain - Part 2

10: Getting the part for "Ninja Assassin" and appearing in "Speed Racer" have sort of become the surprising twist to your career in the United States. What did the Wachowski Brothers see in you to have asked you to audition for them?

Rain: I endured through everything. When I was shooting "Speed Racer", I held back from expressing my pain when I got sick, I went to set although I was having a hard time and I stepped up to go first with whichever task. My spine hurt as if it would snap while shooting the car racing scene. And the temperature inside cars in Europe during July goes up to 40 and 50 degrees. Wear a leather jacket on top of that, everything becomes painstakingly unbearable. So other actors would go into shoot for about 20 minutes and take one-hour breaks in between but I kept going until I finished the whole scene. And they really seemed to like that energy about me. I think I also adjusted pretty quickly to everything. I learned the action moves quickly too. And Asian action movie stars are usually smaller but I was tall so they were telling me that I had the body of a Westerner but the face of an Asian. The stunt team mentioned it first, the Wachowski Brothers heard them talk about me and they told Joel Silver. I won over their recognition in that order.

10: Your presence there has changed greatly over the past four years. Have you met with any other famous producers or actors other than the Wachoski Brothers during that time?

Rain: I think people may say something when I say this... (laugh) I'm with the William Morris Agency right now but before, I had gone to a firm called CA because they said they would be my agent. I was talking with the people there when they told me Tom Cruise was in the room next door and that he wanted to talk to me. I was thinking 'Why me? Does he know me?' when the president of CA stepped in with Tom Cruise. We said hi and talked for a bit. It was a really shocking experience... actually getting to actually meet someone I had always seen on screen since I was young.

10: So what is the significance of expanding your ground in Hollywood? You had said before that glory is important so I'm guessing Hollywood must have a special meaning to you in that sense.

Rain: It's about conquering. Every country denies it but everyone really does like American culture. It's due to the competitiveness of the country itself but I think winning the battle between cultures and minds is worth much more than winning a physical battle involving guns and knives. It's game over when you win over minds. So if I go to the heart of the U.S. and make my name known to the world through Hollywood, it'll mean that I have conquered the world. That's why "Ninja" is important. It's not just about the producers in Hollywood recognizing me but about the worldwide public recognizing me one day if I happen to pass on the streets. There are 1.3 billion people in China, 900 million in India and even over 120 million in Japan. If one Korean out of the 40 million on our country can make their name known to the world, it would be something much more meaningful than gaining glory. That's why I truly respect Kim Yuna and Park Chan-ho.

10: You're carrying out your activities on a global level now yet your self-consciousness of being a Korean has seemed to have grown stronger.

Rain: It's become much stronger. I really didn't like it when it seemed like someone was ignoring me because it would feel like they were making fun of not just me, but also my family and my country. They would say "Rain? What's that?", they wouldn't know where Korea is and would ask questions such as whether we have nuclear weapons and whether we're in war. Everytime, I would answer by saying that I'm from the country below it, South Korea, who made it to the semi-finals at the 2002 World Cup and is the home country of figure skater Kim Yuna. I guess it's sort of a national spirit I have in me -- I can't help being drawn to my own blood. And I'm so happy whenever I see Koreans overseas.

2009112610500045392_1.jpg

10: You must've been lonely. Did advice or support from people around you help?

Rain: Screenwriter Lee Kyung-hee of drama "Sang Doo! Let's Go To School" is always supportive. It's just that I don't tell her the details of the difficulties I'm going through or my concerns. I don't want to show her the weak side of me. And in director Park Chan-wook's case, I hadn't known it before but he really likes action pics like the "Matrix". So when I told him I would be working with the Wachowski Brothers, he told me he would be looking forward to the film. All their words of support helped.

10: On the other hand, you had also mentioned that seeing false reports of you in Korea was also a boost at times. What sort of articles stimulated you? (laugh)

Rain: Honestly, I wish people would only mention the facts. I can't help receiving harsh criticism when the movie itself is bad but I really don't like seeing distorted articles. There is one person in particular who I really don't get. He keeps telling distorted stories rather than the truth. For example, it's like this. He would write, "He says he's going to Hollywood but when on earth will he appear in a movie?" And when I appeared in a movie, he would then write that I am back after failing in Hollywood. I just beared with it although I thought of taking legal action at one point. And he came to me at the time and apologized but I saw later on that he was at the same thing again. So I'm just trying to concentrate on working really hard. That's why in a way, such articles actually give me a boost. (laugh)

10: Let's talk about a lighter subject. How do you feel when you see articles about actor Jang Dong-gun and actress Ko So-young dating? What are your thoughts on dating a celebrity?

Rain: There's no reason not to, as long as we share the same feelings for each other. It's not important whether she is a celebrity or not. I don't care about the nationality either.

10: What is your ultimate goal? Is there a certain point you are aiming for or will you simply keep putting yourself up for new challenges?

Rain: I want to see how far I can go. I want to test out how high my luck runs. And I keep pushing forward without a plan which is why I go through trial and error. But strangely enough, I've achieved everything so far. Who would've known I would meet [Park] Jin-young. I didn't know how I got to start acting in dramas and I don't know how I ended up working with director Park Chan-wook. Nor do I know how my name got on Time magazine's 100 Most Influential Person list. I've just ended up here somehow. And if "Ninja" does well, it'll make everything just perfect.

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo eight@10asia.co.kr

Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr, Lee Ji-Hye seven@10asia.co.kr

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=e...112618271836882

[PHOTO] Rain of Hollywood pic "Ninja Assassin"

Singer and actor Rain, star of Hollywood action film "Ninja Assassin", poses during an interview with 10Asia.

2009112618120701534_1.jpg

2009112618120701534_2.jpg