Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Guest fatgrrl_slim

hi there thanks for the translation but just wondering will someone from here will do softsubs for the mbc special? cos that would be great..

I've been trying to sub it, but there seems to be a few segments missing on the translations from rain-bird. I think some parts of the translation were somewhat summarized/shortened to make it simpler. Sometimes, a lot was said but the translation is just one sentence, so it's hard to time the subs on them. It's difficult to second-guess since I don't know Korean myself. :blush:

Hopefully, someone who has a better grasp of Korean will be able to provide a subbed version. :)

Rain's Schedule (Updated)

*GMT+ 9:00 Seoul

Oct.15 - MBC Knee Guru (Kang Ho Dong)

Oct.17 - MBC "Me, Rain, Dance" 5th Showcase, 10:50PM

Oct.18 - MBC Music Core, 3:20PM // Lotte Family Concert, 7:00PM

Oct.19 - SBS Inkigayo 3:20PM // SBS Power FM MC Mong's Joy and Pain, 7:00PM

Oct.22 - MBC Golden Fishery, 11:10PM

Oct.23 - MNet MCountdown, 7:00PM

Oct.24 - KBS Music Bank, 6:30PM

Oct.25 - MBC Music Core, 3:20PM

Oct.26 - SBS Inkigayo, 3:20PM

Oct.30 - MNet MCountdown, 7:00PM

Oct.31 - KBS Music Bank, 6:30PM

Nov.01 - MBC Music Core, 3:20PM

Nov.02 - SBS Inkigayo, 3:20PM

(no airing date yet)

*KBS Sang Sang Plus

*KBS Happy Together 3

*SBS Family Outing

*SBS Ya Shim Man Man

[Notice]Do not post Illegal songs on your website as BGM

One of Rain's songs was opened to the public.

We are worried about that the songs as using in your website BGM comes from the signed music website after you pay out.

These days, it is more important to the rank of sound source than album one.

We would like to ask to overseas fans that understanding this and use your website BGM come from the signed music website.

We pay out for BGM on the website in Korea, we would like not to misunderstand this.

Please be Rain's Fans benishing the illegal song source.~!

source:J.TUNE_RainWorld

Guest docirene

As I've posted on the other thread, there really is no need for subs for most of this program. A lot of the interviews were conducted in English, and Rain himself spoke a lot of English here. It's not like the other Rain docus which were quite frustrating to watch for us who don't know Korean. You guys are missing a lot for not even trying out the YouTube links.

ok, thx pau

Guest kowlooncity

[Notice]Do not post Illegal songs on your website as BGM

One of Rain's songs was opened to the public.

We are worried about that the songs as using in your website BGM comes from the signed music website after you pay out.

These days, it is more important to the rank of sound source than album one.

We would like to ask to overseas fans that understanding this and use your website BGM come from the signed music website.

We pay out for BGM on the website in Korea, we would like not to misunderstand this.

Please be Rain's Fans benishing the illegal song source.~!

source:J.TUNE_RainWorld

I'm sorry, but I don't know what they are talking about BGM...what is that? Oh maybe that means Back-Ground Music! Explain please what their point is!

Guest fatgrrl_slim

kowlooncity: Yup, BGM = background music. Blogs, personal sites (eg., Cyworld homepy), Friendster/MySpace, etc accounts could have background music on them and they are inadvertently distributing the music illegally by doing this. It's quite easy for those who have enough technical know-how to download and save the music file on their computers, even if they are streaming media.

In Korea, I think they have to pay before they could add multimedia files on their homepages. It's not the same with overseas sites. Friendster, for example, will not ask you to pay before you can add multimedia files on your Friendster profile.

But I think the main point of the notice is, if anyone is going to use Rain's songs as BGM, they must source the file from a paid source. In short, buy the album (or download from a legit source, eg. I-tunes or Mnet) first before using the files on your site. :)

Guest kowlooncity

kowlooncity: Yup, BGM = background music. Blogs, personal sites (eg., Cyworld homepy), Friendster/MySpace, etc accounts could have background music on them and they are inadvertently distributing the music illegally by doing this. It's quite easy for those who have enough technical know-how to download and save the music file on their computers, even if they are streaming media.

In Korea, I think they have to pay before they could add multimedia files on their homepages. It's not the same with overseas sites. Friendster, for example, will not ask you to pay before you can add multimedia files on your Friendster profile.

But I think the main point of the notice is, if anyone is going to use Rain's songs as BGM, they must source the file from a paid source. In short, buy the album (or download from a legit source, eg. I-tunes or Mnet) first before using the files on your site. :)

Thanks for the information. I just put the 45 second version of "Love Story" which I got from IMEEM on my blog. I had a picture of "Rainism" and wrote under it that the entire version of "Love Story" was on the album and then I put a link which is taking pre-orders for "Rainism". I thought it was a good ad for the album. I guess I will take it off since they can aquire the whole song from IMEEM as well.

*SBS Family Outing

What a busy, busy man. I hope he knows not to overwork himself D: That would be very bad.

Although I must say, I'm really excited. That's almost 20 appearances put together. I'm excited for Family Outing, if he does it. CHYEAH! I'm curious as to how his father and little sister are...

RE post by jinijung:

Watching Love Story on any official music portal site,

or any other legit site (ex. Cyworld) boosts up Rain's ranking.

Watch the whole thing without pausing too, your view may not count if the video is paused.

Use that link up there ^ the post above mine.

Click here for a Daum link to Love Story.

copyright © J Tune Entertainment

Thanks for posting the notice, I appreciate it :)

an article from cyworld, translated by hancinema

so touching...

2008/10/11

[ChanMi's star news]

Rain, humble childhood

[]http://newsimg.nate.com/picture/2008/10/11/203/200810110005121001_1.JPG[]

Credits : hancinema

Source : cynews.cyworld.com

Hi deka, thanks for posting this article here. Stories like this are a proof that dreams do come true if you work hard. RAIN deserves every success he has. That’s really a sad story to hear. I’m sick & tired of people putting RAIN down for having a hard life. Of course, if he’s interviewed & asked about it, he has to answer that he has such a difficult childhood. Not because he’s asking for pity from people…….. If these people are tired of reading about his background, so don’t read……….these people are nuts & heartless. He’s tough facing all the hardship in his life. <_<:)

081010 MBC Special_Rain.avi [681.02 MB]

DL links >> pls join files

.001_90 mb

.008_50.02 mb

source : Mazingga

reuped:fongarkad_onlyrain

Hi jini, thanks for sharing these downloadable links here. :lol::)

[Eng.Translation]

081010 MBC special, 'It's Raining' part2

= clip part5 on YT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBhAtJpdxLg

[]http://img.ihere.org/uploads/7eb3cb9a4b.jpg[/]

My Way-

My way, My way.

I wanted to go to my way.

Oh, now, everyone, wait.

I'll show you everything I have.

Now everyone, listen.

When I was young, I lived in hunger.

The society broke its faith to me.

I defended myself.

posted at benamoo

Translation & edited by rain bird@rain-eu

jini, thanks for sharing here the eng translations of this clip. Now, I appreciate & enjoy more watching the video. About the My Way song & lyrics, RAIN said that he likes this song very much because it’s his story. When I read the lyrics, it’s really his life story. I can’t wait to hear & listen to this song. Nice lyrics. Great song of RAIN. He wrote very good lyrics. I’m sure whatever his dreams are, he’ll make it! :lol::)

[Oct-11-2008] Rain showcase broadcast preview.swf 5.7 MB

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3km3xz3irlf

source: benamoo

[]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/4354/sciraindance08011703jq9.gif[/]

[]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8485/sciraindance08011704si5.gif[/]

credit:rain-america // onlyrain

jini, thanks for posting the dowloadable link here. Hahaha – I have to see this……. I’ve seen a short clip & they look hot dancing together. :sweatingbullets:

Thanks for the article, deka_if.

Here is the translation of the article. I've been busy and thinking someone would've got it done already:) And also ...may be because part(most) of these interviews can be seen in video clips.:) Anyway, I've got this one done. When I have time next week and if it hasn't got done by then, I might look at other ones :sweatingbullets::)

Here you go.

Hi blu, thanks for sharing here the translations of this article. :lol::)

Bi - Boom High School Graduation pictures receive stares, Sunday October 12, 2008 Korea

source: gomdoriii

credit: Yahoo Korea News

Hi nicole, thanks for sharing this. :lol::)

Hi kairu - thanks for posting this here. OMG – he’s as busy as hell looking at these schedules. So many programs that he’ll be guested on. :lol::)

Finally Rain's Full Version Music Video "Love Story"is out.

Hi Partners4Life - thanks for sharing here the link. Finally..........it's out. :sweatingbullets:

Guest fiona1111

new pics of Rain and Kim Sun Ah:

200810131545214_P1.jpg

200810131545213_P1.jpg

200810131545212_P1.jpg

200810131550211.jpg

and hopefully somebody can help translate this? :D

비 의 5집 컴백쇼에 동반 출연한다는 사실이 알려져 화제가 되던 비와 김선아가 드디어 모습을 드러냈다. 지난 9일 MBC 드림센터 공개홀에서 있었던 정열적인 탱고의 한 장면이 공개된 것. 사진 속 김선아의 과감한 의상과 섹시한 자태와 더욱 남자다워진 비의 모습이 이번 컴백쇼에 대한 기대를 더욱 모은다.

비, 손금 속에 나타난 운명의 여자 무려 28명?

< 비 컴백 특집쇼 나,비,춤>(연출 강영선, 오윤환) 제작진은 “비와 김선아의 탱고도 환상이지만 연습 과정 중의 에피소드 역시 최고!”라고 전해 궁금증을 자아냈다. 평소 손금 보는 법을 공부하던 비는 연습 도중 김선아의 손금을 봐준 것. 비는 <U>“누나 인생에 남자가 18명이나 있다. 이렇게 남자 많은 손금은 처음이다.”</U>라고 말하며 김선아를 놀렸다. 이에 김선아 역시 비의 손금을 봤더니 무려 28명이라는 믿을 수 없는 숫자가 나왔던 것. 이들의 알콩달콩한 연습 중 에피소드는 오는 10월 17일(금) 밤 10시 50분 MBC <비 컴백 특집쇼 나,비,춤>을 통해 방송된다.

비-김선아, 2주간의 심야 데이트!

비 와 김선아가 최근 보름 넘게 밤마다 만나 온 것으로 알려졌다. 이들은 강남에 위치한 지하 댄스 연습실에서 매일 밤 춤 연습을 해온 것. <비 컴백 특집쇼 나,비,춤>을 함께 할 여배우 섭외에 직접 나선 비는 김선아를 꾸준히 설득한 결과 김선아는 처음엔 난색을 표했지만 마음을 돌려 출연을 승낙한 것. 쇼를 위해 전문 춤 선생님에게 레슨을 받을 수도 있었지만 비는 김선아의 춤 선생님을 자처하며 보름간 특훈에 들어갔다. 김선아는 진하고 강한 안무가 특징인 탱고의 동작에 처음에는 당황했지만 연습할 때만큼은 비를 ‘선생님’이라고 칭하며 연습실은 물론 집에서도 연습을 게을리 않는 열정과 프로의 모습을 보여줘 관계자들이 깜짝 놀랄 정도였다는 후문. 여태까지 보여줬던 모습보다 한 차원 깊은 이들의 진솔한 이야기는 오는 10월 17일(금) 밤 10시 50분 MBC <비 컴백 특집쇼 나,비,춤>을 통해서 확인 할 수 있다.

비, 김선아 두 번 울린 사연은?

연 습기간 중 때 마침 생일을 맞은 김선아를 위해 비가 깜짝 선물과 이벤트를 준비했다. 본인의 쇼를 위해 열심히 연습하는 김선아를 위해 평생 기억에 남는 생일을 만들어주고 싶다는 생각을 제작진에게 전달, 몰래카메라를 준비하게 된 것. 비는 김선아보다 2시간이나 먼저 도착해 감동적인 이벤트를 완성하기 위해 몰래카메라 리허설은 물론, 마술을 배우고 꽃바구니와 직접 고른 목걸이까지 준비하는 모습을 보여줬다. 한편 비의 깜찍한 연기력에 완벽히 속은 김선아는 몰래카메라였다는 것을 밝혔음에도 불구하고 한 동안 격앙된 마음을 가라앉히지 못하고 눈물을 보인 것. 그리고 몰래카메라 후 연이은 비의 깜짝 이벤트에 감동의 눈물을 다시 흘렸다. 몰래카메라 내내 김선아의 순수하고 귀여운 모습과 비의 연기력은 물론 안목이 돋보이는 목걸이는 오는 10월 17일(금) 밤 10시 50분 MBC <비 컴백 특집쇼 나,비,춤>을 통해서 확인 할 수 있다.

source: dcinside everynight

Guest pipitgongyoo

Oct.24 - KBS Music Bank, 6:30PM

Oct.25 - MBC Music Core, 3:20PM

Oct.26 - SBS Inkigayo, 3:20PM

Oct.30 - MNet MCountdown, 7:00PM

Oct.31 - KBS Music Bank, 6:30PM

Nov.01 - MBC Music Core, 3:20PM

Nov.02 - SBS Inkigayo, 3:20PM

(no airing date yet)

*KBS Sang Sang Plus

*KBS Happy Together 3

*SBS Family Outing

*SBS Ya Shim Man Man

Hey kairu! Thanks for rain's schedule! WOW! He's soo busy with his schedule! Oppa bi FIGHTING! ;)

Hey fiona1111! Thanks for the pics of Rain and Kim Sun Ah! They're soo adorable together! :wub: esp in the first pic! :lol:

*** Wow, always green with envy for these fans who have such luck. Good that they recognize RAIN’s car. The get-up seems really cute. How I wish I live in Korea. They met RAIN by chance.

Oct-10-2008] Fan Acct - Fan saw Rain

Fan account from Rain bar¡¡

Accidentally saw Rain in Kangnam

Here are some information that my friend gave me:

"This happened accidentally, on the night of October 10th around 8 or 9pm, we were eating in Apgujeong. After we ate, we wanted to go get coffee. In an entrance of a parking lot at some floor, we accidentally saw Rain's car. We went inside the shop which faced Rain's car position, we sat near the window. We were about 1 meter near his car, when we sat down we wanted to order some food so we can watch while eating, we were not sure if he comes out or not....finally after 5 minutes, we haven't even eat yet, he already came down from upstairs, that building is an office building.

Rain wore hat, scarf, white T-shirt, jeans, brown color shoes. He was facing us, when he came down we watched him through the window. Rain also faced us, he said good bye to some staffs and he was looking at the window facing him, then he got on the car and left."

Heard that there were many oversea clouds in Apgujeong, maybe other clouds also have this luck...

English Translation by Rain-America.com

Credits : FollowRain /RAIN-America

Thanks for the article, deka_if.

Here is the translation of the article. I've been busy and thinking someone would've got it done already:) And also ...may be because part(most) of these interviews can be seen in video clips. :) Anyway, I've got this one done. When I have time next week and if it hasn't got done by then, I might look at other ones :sweatingbullets::)

Here you go.

-----------------------

Rain - Feeling of getting a hit in the head with a hammer when offered the lead role of the movie 'Ninja Assassin'.

(* '몽둥이'in the first section of NewsEn article is literally a 'stick' or a 'club' in Korean, but the colloquial Eng expression 'hit with a hammer' seems proper in this case. FYI, the following translations might include insinuated meaning and/or flexible interpretation of the Korean–English translations at times rather than word to word (literal) Kor-Eng translation if necessary. Those might be in italic. Hope that's O.K. :sweatingbullets::) )

[2008-10-11 08:53:10]

NewsEn Reporter: Lee Hyun Woo

Singer Rain (Real Name: Jung Ji Hoon) reflected upon the moment when he was offered the lead role in the movie, Ninja Assassin, his second Hollywood film and his first lead role, and described it as feeling of getting a hit in the head with a hammer. :lol:

During MBC come-back special 'Rain is Coming', aired on the 10th (Oct), Rain revealed his feeling when he was cast as a lead in Ninja Assassin, the Hollywood movie, produced by the renown producer Joel Silver and Warchovsky Brothers.

While having a dinner with the director Warchovesky, Rain was asked how he feels about doing a movie called 'Ninja Assassin'. When Rain asked "Who is the lead?", the director pointed his finger towards Rain and said "You". At that moment, Rain revealed that, he felt like he was getting a hit in the head with a hammer.

Six months ago, when he was shooting the final stages of the movie 'Ninja Assassin' in Germany, Rain revealed to MBC Special Project Team about his tough shooting schedule and mentioned, "If I could sleep as long as I want, I would not have another wish. I'd like to sleep like crazy 3 straight days, full 50 hours". :o However, despite of his tough schedule and lack of sleep, Rain could not hide his proud expression (feeling) when he said "During the movie 'Speed Racer', my name was listed 10th or so (on the casting list) but this time (in the 'Ninja Assassin'), my name is on the top (first on the list)"

James McTeigue, the director of the movie 'Ninja Assassin' highly praised Rain saying, "He is an incredible actor. :) I've never seen an actor who can do all kinds of action scenes as well as he does". The costar, Naomi Harris, also confessed " I've never seen an actor who works as hard as Rain does. I've never seen him complaining once despite tough shooting".

Joel Silver, the producer of both movie 'Speed Racer' and 'Ninja Assassin' provided the background story of casting Rain by saying "We were looking for international stars who could appeal not only in Asia but also in US and other countries." "Our staff recommended Rain and mentioned that he is handsome and charismatic. I thought he could be a new action star and (not only an Asian star but) become an international star."

This day, via MBC Special, Rain delivered every drop of his sweat taken, since his debut as a singer in Korea, to become a top singer in Asia and to step onto Hollywood as a promising new comer.

( * Some of above interviews can be seen in Part2 of Rain's Special )

hi blu :)

thanks so much for the translations and for the link

it's a great article.... :D

more article from Newsen

가수 비-김선아 2주간 심야데이트 즐겼다 [2008-10-13 18:03:13]

200810131610521001_1.jpg

[뉴스엔 서보현 기자]

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200810131610521001

Hi deka, thanks for posting this article here. Stories like this are a proof that dreams do come true if you work hard. RAIN deserves every success he has. That's really a sad story to hear. I'm sick & tired of people putting RAIN down for having a hard life. Of course, if he's interviewed & asked about it, he has to answer that he has such a difficult childhood. Not because he's asking for pity from people…….. If these people are tired of reading about his background, so don't read……….these people are nuts & heartless. He's tough facing all the hardship in his life. <_<:)

ur welcome willenette

yup you're alright.... Rain deserves it :)

and i admire him for his efforts...... and for not easily satisfied with his achievement

100.jpg

got ths from baidu posted by jinzhi0

mbcsc03.jpg

mbcsc05-1.jpg

credit as labelled