Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** I hope people stop chasing them around. Hahaha - I wonder why RAIN is not holding KTH's hands - they're crossing the street. Maybe subconsciously he thought all along he's alone - LOL.  I think we have no right to judge Rain based on this picture alone. They don't need to hold hands all the time. :lol:

Rain and Kim Tae Hee spotted around LA

rain1.jpg

Article: Rain ♥ Kim Tae Hee spotted in LA 'Kim Tae Hee rushing across the street'

Source: Seoul News via Nate

1. [+692, -19] Are you reporters stalkers? Stop chasing them around

2. [+362, -118] But from the picture alone, it does look like they got into a fight or something ㅎㅎㅎ

3. [+313, -174] They're not even holding hands...

4. [+54, -33] Can't help but notice people who run across streets while leaving their family or lovers behind like this.. it's a habit that happens subconsciously so you can tell what kind of person they're like normally..

5. [+53, -21] Looks like Rain's only caring when cameras are watching. He's always looking like this in other candid pictures. I feel bad for Kim Tae Hee just from seeing the pictures.

6. [+47, -26] The fact that he's crossing while leaving his wife behind like that... well, I guess it's an indication of their married life. Looks like the woman's going to suffer quite a bit.

7. [+41, -15] Now it feels like Kim Tae Hee loves Rain more than he loves her for some reason..

8. [+37, -10] Most women really hate it when their men walk ahead of them without them

9. [+29, -5] Just looks like they're trying to rush across to beat the traffic light, what's with all the speculation on their relationship ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+25, -12] Wow, that's mean of Rain to run across on his own like that..

11. [+23, -8] What the, so him pretending to take care of Tae Hee in front of journalists was just an act?

12. [+22, -4] I know that he can't always be holding her hand and stuff but it's funny that he really only does it when cameras are around

13. [+20, -9] The pictures look like they fought ㅎ

source : netizenbuzz

***This is open to the public with guests Haha, Solbi, Lee Bung So, etc. It's going live on air on Feb 15/16 via Naver TV Good Neighbors Channel
. Feb 15 – 11-1pm / Feb 16 – 6-8pm.

The album 'Best Gift' of Rain that was released last month will now be available online! He’ll be giving some pieces of this during this event. The physical album is on its way but not available for sale yet that’s why Rain went ahead and made the digital download available now.  The Best Present is now on iTunes ... and available for download. :lol:

[Neighborhood Concert]17-02-10 Neighborhood Concert Give U Show Trailer_Rain message

credit : ratoka - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

http://tv.naver.com/v/1439571

*** Lee Beom-soo will produce and act in this upcoming film Uhm Bok-dongThe movie will highlight the life of the titular cyclist. Uhm was known for his cycling prowess and his fearlessness during the days of Japanese occupation—he would often compete and win against Japanese racers. Filming will begin in the next few months (I heard filming will start in March). RAIN already accepted this offer &  shared during his SIN concert lately that a new movie is in the works. :lol:

News bites: February 11, 2017

(skipped unrelated.....)

I’m really excited for this cast: Scene-stealer Lee Shi-un (W–Two Worlds) has been cast in Uhm Bok-dong, the first film from Lee Beom-soo‘s company, Celltrion Entertainment. About a famous Japanese Occupation-era cyclist, Rain was previously confirmed as the titular character, Lee Beom-soo his coach, and Lee Shi-un will collaborate with both men. Uhm Bok-dong is expected to hit theaters before the end of the year. [Sports Chosun]

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/news-bites-february-11-2017/

***It's RAIN's 1st time in Grammy............... Great to know he is there! I read that Tablo is at the Grammy’s too! Good for them. So NICE that he has this invites. And NICE view there, huh?:lol:

Rain is at the Grammy Awards!

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain_1486958001_af_org.jpg

The business that Rain had in America seems to be attending the Grammy Awards!

Rain and his wife Kim Tae Hee had traveled to America for some personal business, and it looks like that was to attend the Grammy Awards. He posted a photo of his invitation ticket and the stage at the 59th Grammy Awards. Most likely, he's there with Kim Tae Hee as well for an incredibly unique experience that most K-pop stars don't get to experience.

Hopefully, they're having a great time!

Rain_1486958037_rain1.jpg

source : allkpop

• Like 1

*** I'm proud & happy for RAIN. :lol:

Rain, Kim Tae Hee, Kris Wu and Tablo invited to the 59th Annual Grammy Awards

grammy2017-logo.jpg

Rain, Kim Tae Hee, Kris Wu and Tablo were in attendance of this year’s Grammy Awards, marking their presence amongst other countless talented stars.

Getting an invitation to the Grammy Awards is a near impossible goal unless you are a significant player in the music industry. These celebrities represented Korea and China when they were invited, and fans expressed their happiness at the news.

Tablo announced that he received an invitation to the event on February 11 through Instagram and later posted a photo of himself on the day of the event.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Rain and Kim Tae Hee went to Los Angeles together for personal reasons on February 9. Many fans spotted them around the city and it looks like their stay coincided with the event and were in attendance. Rain and Kim Tae Hee’s photos at the event haven’t surfaced yet but Rain updated his personal Instagram with a photo of the awards show.

At the Grammy Awards, Adele went big and won Album of the Year along with every other nomination. She won Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best Pop Vocal Album.

Congratulations to all other winners and we hope Rain, Kim Tae Hee, Kris Wu and Tablo had a great time at the event.

source : Koreaboo

• Like 1

** At 16, he debuted in 1998 as a member of Fan Club.  Fanclub was a 6-member K-pop boyband during the late 90′s. - The group was short lived. Fanclub released only two CDs. Rain described the Fanclub members as "caged animals" since they were locked in the rehearsal room for up to ten hours without food. The group was dismissed at 1999. :lol:

***************************************************************************************

From Rain from Fan Club to Bad Boy and to Kim Tae-hee's man

photo819012.jpg

Singer and actor Rain and actress Kim Tae-hee have become the 'couple of the century'. They had a secret wedding on the 19th of January and everything about their wedding became a trending topic.

They were spotted shopping after the wedding and they were also spotted in LA. This proves why people say they are the 'couple of the century'.

Rain debuted in 1998 at the age of 17 with the idol group Fan Club. He then danced for JYP and Park Ji-yoon until 2002 when he made a name for himself as Rain.

His hit songs "Instead of Goodbye" (2002), "How to Avoid the Sun" (2003), "It's Raining" (2005), "Raisnism" (2008) and others created a significant reputation for the singer.

Not only that, he became actor in "Sang Doo! Let's go to school" (2003), "Full House" (2004), "A Love to Kill" (2005) and others also proved he was a talented actor. "Speed Racer" (2008), "Ninja Assassin" (2009) and "The Prince" (2014) allowed him access to Hollywood and he became a world star representing Korea.

We look back on Rain's past.

photo819013.jpg

[1998] Rain when he was in Fan Club

photo819014.jpg

[2003] Rain in "Sang Doo! Let's go to school"

photo819015.jpg

[2004] Rain at the 15th Seoul Gayo Awards

photo819016.jpg

[2005] His first exclusive concert

photo819017.jpg

[2006] His debuting movie "I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK"

Spoiler

photo819018.jpg

[2007] Jumping and flying, he's the best on stage

photo819019.jpg

[2008] Press conference for Hollywood movie "Ninja Assassin"

photo819020.jpg

[2008] Interview for "Speed Racer", he used to have sexy long hair

photo819021.jpg

[2009] The whole country was all about "Rainism"..."I'm gonna be a bad boy~"

photo819022.jpg

[2010] A classic, "The Song To Hold You Back"

photo819023.jpg

[2010] Drama "The Fugitive Plan B", they met their life partners

photo819024.jpg

[2010] Rain at the closing ceremony of the Guangzhou Asian Games

photo819025.jpg

[2011] Rain at his concert before joining the military

photo819026.jpg

[2011] Rain right before being admitted

photo819027.jpg

[2013] He's back as a man

photo819028.jpg

[2014] "My Lovely Girl" his comeback drama

photo819029.jpg

[2015] Rain on Psy's stage

photo819030.jpg

[2016] "Please Come Back, Mister", who knew?

photo819031.jpg

photo819040.jpg

[2017] The birth of 'the couple of the century'

photo819039.jpg

We can't wait to see their offspring

Source : www.sportsseoul.com/n...

Translation : Hancinema

Spoiler

• Like 1

*** RAIN will have a FM in Japan on April. This will start on April 27, titled:  “The Confession”. This will be in three cities. 1st day in Aichi Theater in Nagoya. April 29/30  will be in Osaka Orix Theater. May 5 in Saitama Omiya Sonic City. Can't wait! :lol:

17-02-14 Rain @ twitter

16583318_382287298810169_972385324573392

RAIN JAPAN FANMEETING 2017

“ The Confession ”

월드스타 RAIN
전국3개 도시에서 JAPAN FANMEETING 개최 결정!!

올해 1 월 약 3년만의 컴백으로 '최고의 선물'을 출시한 RAIN.
지난해 봄 일본 공연 이후, 약 1년만의 일본 방문이 되는 이번 팬미팅은
일본 각지의 팬을 RAIN이 직접 만나러 갑니다!!

4 월 27 일 (목) 나고야 아이치현 예술극장 대 홀에서의 공연을 시작으로
4 월 29 일 (토) · 30 일 (일) 오사카 오릭스 극장, 
5 월 5 일 (금 · 휴) 사이타마 오오미야 소닉시티 대 홀 공연까지
전국 3개 도시, 전체 6회 개최할 예정입니다.

RAIN은 오랜만의 일본 팬들과 함께 할 특별한 시간을 위해
팬들의 기대에 부응할 수 있도록 이번 팬미팅 준비에 박차를 가하고 있습니다!!

기대해주세요!!

http://www.promax.co.jp/info/2017/RAIN_JAPANFM2017/index_k.html

credit : memo-rain

*** IDK what date/part RAIN will appear but TODAY, Feb 15 is the 1st day of Good Neighbors concert. You may watch it via Naver TV Good Neighbors Channel. This is open to the public with guests RAIN, Haha, Solbi, Lee Bung So, etc. It's going live on air to start at 11-1pm. :lol:

Rain to kick off fan meetings in Japan

Rain will be holding fan meetings in Japan, according to his agency Tuesday.

“Rain will hold six fan meetings in three different cities,” Rain Company said. “He’s trying to make the upcoming events more meaningful for fans.”

The meet-and-greet events, titled “The Confession,” will take place in Nagoya, Osaka and Saitama from April 27 to May 5.

(Rain Company)

Rain, 34, released his latest single “The Best Present” on Jan. 15. The latest release was a serenade to his wife Kim Tae-hee, who he married last month.

The newlyweds are currently in Los Angeles after attending the 59th Grammy Awards there Sunday.

Rain will release a new album in March.

By Jie Ye-eun (yeeunjie@heraldcorp.com)

***Actually, not only for the couple that I’m interested to see but many stars who were married that I know of.....Like Jang Dong Gun’s kid &Wonbin. :lol:

Netizens vote on celebrity couple's babies they most look forward to!

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain_1487185404_af_org.jpg

Netizens made their votes for the celebrity couple's babies they most look forward to!

The online survey was carried out on portal site DC Inside from February 9 to 13 with 4,779 participants in total. 

SEE ALSO: Kim Tae Hee amazes with her stunning beauty in 'Cellcure' pictorial

The celebrity couple to gain the most votes was Rain and Kim Tae Hee. The two received 41% of the votes, equalling 1,964 votes. The second most look forward to are the babies of Ahn Jae Hyun and Goo Hye Sun who received 37% of the votes. Musician couple Jo Jung Chi and Jung In came in third by gaining 3% of the votes. 

In response to the results, netizens commented, "I think their baby will look a lot like Rain", "I look more forward to Won Bin and Lee Na Young's baby", and more. 

Which celebrity couple's baby are you most looking forward to seeing? 

• Like 1

[instructions][English ordering] How to purchase Rain’s limited snapback hat on Gmarket.

Cloud cover by Stephe, Managing Editor

Hi, all! R.A.I.N. Company has put the snapback hat Rain personally designed for fans on Gmarket, and the limited online sale started a few hours ago at 8 PM Sunday night (February 12)! For those of you who might want one, here is what you need to know:

•  The English language order page is HERE: → http://bit.ly/2lv64zQ

•  The hat price is $29.oo USD. Gmarket’s quoted international shipping price is around $30.00 USD, give or take. (We know… steep!)

•  As I understand it, the sale will last for as long as the hats last. Quantities are limited.

For anyone who is not familiar with shopping on Gmarket and is having problems following the order process, I’ve made screenshot instructions from when I put in my personal order. I hope it helps! Please see those below:

(CLICK images for larger view)

cusa1b

cusa2b

cusa3b

cusa4b

cusa5b

I wasn’t registered at Gmarket and have never bought anything there before, so it was a complete surprise when the entire process went fast and easy-peasy for me. I had no problems whatsoever, a breath of fresh air!

So, now I wait (international delivery is from 5 to 15 business days) to see how the shipping of my Rain goodies goes.

Praying that it goes well.

Stephe @ cloudusa.blog / CloudUSA.org

*** There’s an event for The 10th International Beauty Artist Expo on April 6/7/8 in Korea & RAIN is one of the guests. He will appear on the 6th at 8PM. :lol:

[10th IFBC] 2017.4.6 The 10th International Beauty Artist Expo in Korea with RAIN

qu.jpg?width=750

3659995297_bB5YoU8W_KakaoTalk_20170213_1

http://www.ifbc.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=board3&wr_id=302

credit : memo-rain

Rain’s Agency: “Nothing Has Been Fixed For His Comeback Yet”

20170217_Rain%E2%80%99s-Agency_-Nothing-

But he will be making a comeback soon!

It was previously reported that Rain would release a new album in this upcoming March.

However on February 17, the singer’s agency made an official statement: “Nothing has been fixed for Rain’s comeback yet. He is currently working hard on his new album. We will announce the detailed schedule on our official homepage.”

Meanwhile, anticipation is on the rise for the concept that Rain will take on for his new album after his marriage with actress Kim Tae Hee.

source : hellokpop

*** This is NICE since I’m sure this will reveal some information about their years of dating before getting married. I hope after this they will just live their married life quietly. Can they? I guess this won’t be possible since they are superstars. BTW, I guess we can buy copies of this magazine via e-Bay or online Korean shopping site such as Gmarket. We can also purchase on YesAsia. :lol:

Rain and Kim Tae Hee to travel to Italy for a photoshoot

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain_1487263167_af_org.jpg

Newlywed couple Rain and Kim Tae Hee will be heading off to Italy for a photo shoot on February 23.

According to BAZAAR magazine on February 16, though a specific concept has not been selected yet, "the couple will be going for a romantic approach for their photo shoot in Italy."

The two tied the knot last month after dating for five years in Seoul and spent their honeymoon in Bali.

They are currently spending time in the States, and recently attended the '59th Grammy Awards' on February 12.

• Like 1

Music and Marriage: A Fan's Debacle

20170219_seoulbeats_rain_kim_tae_hee.jpg

Real-life romances have always been able to draw out the best and the worst in K-pop fandoms. It’s a little strange, in all honesty: K-pop idols are constantly asked about their ideal types to their exes, yet K-pop fans have had a tendency to stay hyper-vigilant to even the slightest interaction between their bias and someone of the opposite gender. Fandoms are protective at their best, and possessive at their worst.

To a degree, it makes sense. Quite a bit of K-pop’s appeal comes from how frequently idols will interact with their fans and build an idol-fandom relationship. This can gain intensity, to be completely honest, evolve into something that’s not always healthy. Marriage, in particular, has always been a difficult subject to really approach within the K-pop community: there’s a sort of unavailability that the fans can take badly to sometimes, as something that cuts through the boyfriend/girlfriend fantasy that K-pop creates.

The most recent marriage, and probably one of the most well-received, was K-pop legend Rain’s marriage to veteran actress Kim Tae-hee. Fans were delighted over the union, and were happy to give their blessing and good-wishes for both Rain and Kim Tae-hee. On the other hand, when U-Kiss’s Eli announced on his Instagram that he was married and that he and his wife were expecting a child, the public and U-Kiss fans were thrown into absolute uproar and quite a few U-Kiss fans left the official fan base. Eli avoided the public eye for quite a while, until recently coming onto shows and talking about his newborn son, Minsu, and life as a married man.

So ultimately, when comparing Eli and Rain, what triggers such a difference in terms of their fan base reaction? How do these things affect their future? A lot of it seems to be related to age and perceived maturity, their images, and the image of their spouse.

When comparing Rain and Eli, one of their biggest differences is their age: Eli is currently 25, in a K-pop boy group, and has acted in a few shows. Boy groups also tend to favor younger target audiences, and their marketability it based on the boyfriend-fantasy. He also hasn’t yet completed his compulsory military service, which is often considered the period where Korean males really mature. While he might not even need to serve, as an American citizen, he is free to promote U-Kiss however he wants without dealing with a hiatus period. This actually could hurt his image, not only as a Korean male can he not do his duty to the country of his past, but he also isn’t afforded the chance to escape the public eyes.

Meanwhile, Rain is 34 years old, a solo artist and distinguished actor, and he was a well-distinguished within the military for being an excellent soldier. As a solo artist, he is allowed to pursue more independence with his music and image, without having to worry about any specific role or dynamic to fit into. He’s also ben active to longer, and his fans have grown with him over time. He isn’t just targeting a young audience, he has an older adult audience and a younger one that he can cater to.

Despite the fact that Rain had to perform his compulsory military service and was forced to go on hiatus, his time away allowed him to disappear from the view of the public eye. His younger fans may have moved onto newer, flashier groups, which could also have freed Rain from any of the more possessive fans that he may have had. Also, time away from the public eye allowed him to reconstruct his image.

Image is the first impression of K-pop, and is what really attracts or turns away fans. Image is not just created through promotions, but also through public appearances, personal fan accounts, and through social media. The more “visibility” a K-pop idol has, the more fans become invested, and the more positive the image is, the more favorable the idol appears to the public and to the fans.

Rain’s and Eli’s images are vastly different. It’s not just because of their careers, but also in how they approached their image maturation. Rain took on a more masculine, mature image after completing his mandatory service, while Eli’s big image change was the revealing of his marriage and his wife’s pregnancy. He adopted a favorable family-man attitude — a smitten husband to his wife and a doting father to his baby boy. While Rain’s image allows him more versatility as a musician, Eli’s image really constrains him as a family man, and only a family man. He didn’t have the same advantage of a hiatus to grow out of the ‘K-pop boy group member’ image, into something more developed and independent with regards to his career.

At the same time, their spouses are vastly different in terms of their public images. Kim Tae-hee is a well-loved Korean actress with a long career and is even called the “Nation’s Goddess”. she’s cultivated a positive image for herself through her career. There’s a familiarity to her that fans could feel more comfortable about.

Eli’s wife was a racing model and is eleven years older than Eli. Meaning, she doesn’t have a well-cultivated image nor the familiarity Kim Tae-hee has. The only frame of reference for fans is the fact that she was pregnant with Eli’s child. There are some that could accuse her of being too old for Eli, or being a predator, preying on the innocence of a younger man.

20130405_seoulbeats_kim_tae_hee.jpg?resi

Most importantly, the approaches in revealing the marriages played a major role in the responses of their fans. With Rain and Kim Tae-hee, there was a level of transparency in their relationship; it was public knowledge that they were in a relationship, and when they chose to get married, their agencies came forth with official statements. But with Eli and his wife, he announced it on Instagram, after a whole year of marriage, revealing that they had been dating for five years, and breaking this revelation of their incoming baby. Marriage, in general, is a surprising event. With a strong idol-fanbase relationship cultivated, it was entirely possible that fans felt betrayed by this lack of transparency.

It would seem that the biggest problem is the perceived lack of maturity, which bleeds into their image. Their image will attract their target audiences, resulting in differences in terms of their behavior: older, mature audiences will respond to things in a mature manner, while younger, immature audiences will respond to thing in an immature manner. But regardless of maturity or immaturity or age, the one constant in K-pop is that K-pop is inherently inconstant — there are always new groups debuting, new scandals coming out, scandals forgotten, and new audiences to target.

Despite all the perceived drama, Rain’s and Eli’s careers will be fine. Given time, there isn’t much a K-pop idol can’t bounce back from. And while their popularity might be where it was before, at least they’ll have the two loves of their life: their wives, and their fans.

(Images via: Instagram, Lua Entertainment, NH Media, Coupang, KSIlbo.)

source : seoulbeats

• Like 1