Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

***Why is RAIN's name being dragged here, huh? Did I read this right? - "All PR agents shown in the broadcast, Sangchoo, Se7en, Rain, Lee Joon Hyuk, Kim Kyung Hyun, KCM and more, will be questioned on charges of going AWOL, drinking alcohol and using cellphones." - - ;)

Will Mighty Mouth′s Sangchoo and Se7en be Punished for Their Actions?

The Ministry of National Defense has shown it is planning to punish the shocking actions shown by PR agents revealed through In Depth 21, drawing attention to what punishments may be imposed on the agents in question.

A rep from the Ministry of National Defense said on June 26, "We have started an investigation on the problematic PR agents. If we find any wrongdoings, we will punish them according to military law."

It seems the Ministry will again be tightening discipline on PR units following the broadcast, which aired on June 25. In January, the Ministry had already written in stricter rules following the aftermath of Rain′s public relationship with Kim Tae Hee, as the public had pointed out Rain was doing what he shouldn′t be doing as a soldier in the paparazzi photos.

The punishments that may come to Mighty Mouth′s Sangchoo and Se7en, who were caught entering a massage parlor, has especially been drawing interest.

All PR agents shown in the broadcast, Sangchoo, Se7en, Rain, Lee Joon Hyuk, Kim Kyung Hyun, KCM and more, will be questioned on charges of going AWOL, drinking alcohol and using cellphones.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : enewsworld

I really worried about Rain. Only 14 days left. I read they will punish (if they proved to broke the rules) for 15 days. And so what about Rain? Please. Just this time i hope Rain didn't use his cellphone and drink alcohol. maybe the only rules his broke is not wearing his army uniform. But I really hope for the best for him. 

willenette said: ***Why is RAIN's name being dragged here, huh? Did I read this right? - "All PR agents shown in the broadcast, Sangchoo, Se7en, Rain, Lee Joon Hyuk, Kim Kyung Hyun, KCM and more, will be questioned on charges of going AWOL, drinking alcohol and using cellphones." - - ;)

Rain mentioned -

Who is the highest paid actor?

by Park Si-soo

2013-06-26

10-05(0).jpg

As is the case with ordinary salaried workers, TV stars tend to become tight-lipped when it comes to talking about income. But once a year ㅡ in September or October ㅡ the National Assembly offers a glimpse of what they try to keep secret during a parliamentary inspection of government and state-run companies.

The country’s biggest broadcaster KBS is state-owned, which means how much money it has paid to individual entertainers is disclosed during this scrutiny. The correspondent data of two other terrestrial broadcasters, MBC and SBS, is made public through an inspection of the Korean Broadcasting Association and other state bodies in the industry.

According to data revealed in recent years, actor Bae Yong-joon is the nation’s highest paid star. The 41-year-old was paid a whopping 250 million won ($217,000) in 2007 for appearing in each episode of epic drama “Taewangsasingi,” whose English title is “The Legend.” The drama was made up of 24 episodes, meaning he earned a staggering 5.7 billion won from it

skipped . . . . . . .

skipped . . . . . . .

Thirteen actors and actresses are excluded from the financial ceiling for their “outstanding” contribution to the successful export of soap operas to Japan, said a CODA spokesman.

The 13 stars were Bae Yong-joon, Jang Dong-gun, Lee Byung-hun, Song Seung-hun, Rain, Jung Woo-sung, Kwon Sang-woo, Won Bin, So Ji-sub, Choi Ji-woo, Lee Young-ae, Song Hye-kyo and Park Yong-ha.

Pls read its entirety @http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2013/06/386_138183.html

88fab56a215c0f52563f753acff797ff.png

credit:as tagged

Entertainment soldier system may be retired

By Nam Hyun-woo

130626_p04_entertainment1.jpg
Seven (Choi Dong-uk)
130626_p04_entertainment2.jpg
Sangchoo (Lee Sang-cheol)
The government is considering abolishing the system that allows entertainers to serve in the military performing for active servicemen, the Ministry of National Defense said Wednesday.

The move came after a TV program alleged two “entertainment soldiers” visited adult establishments while on duty.

“We plan to review the system of ‘National Defense Promotion Servicemen’ thoroughly from top to bottom,” a ministry official said.

The official said the ministry will question officers to check whether the program’s allegation was true or not. The investigation will take up to one week.

“If the allegations are true, the ministry will strictly punish them according to relevant regulations,” he added.

SBS TV’s investigative journal broadcast Tuesday that singer Seven (Choi Dong-uk, 29) and Sangchoo (Lee Sang-cheol, 31) visited a massage parlor, a place offering illicit sexual services, at around 3 a.m., on June 22.

According to the program, six entertainment servicemen, including the two, were on an official tour at a military base in Chuncheon, Gangwon Province, on June 21. After their performance, the soldiers went out to drink and eat at 10 p.m., the official curfew time they must obey.

They went back to a motel after a one-hour drinking-session, and the two sneaked out around 2:30 a.m. and visited the massage parlor.

According to the official, the basic principle of such servicemen’s accommodation is that they lodge in the barracks. But if they cannot, they are allowed to spend nights outside the barracks.

When reporters for the program asked whether they were entertainment soldiers, the two attempted to take away microphones and dodged questions.

In the program, a military official from the ministry said that it is “regretful” and explained Choi and Lee visited the parlor for “knee therapy.”

All able-bodied Korean men are subject to about two-year mandatory military service. And to promote soldiers’ morale, the military has been allowing celebrities to serve as entertainment soldiers touring bases.

The latest case of slack discipline among entertainers serving in the military came after nationwide criticism that celebrity soldiers were treated preferentially compared to ordinary conscripts, as top singer Rain (Jung Ji-hoon, 31) was embroiled in a controversy that he took leave too often to pursue a romance with top actress Kim Tae-hee in January.

After the love story surfaced, many critics complained that Jung was able to enjoy his private life while ordinary soldiers remained confined to their barracks. He then faced seven days of disciplinary action for having private contact while on official military duty.

The latest case fanned harsh criticism of all entertainers serving in the military.
A netizen said, “If ordinary conscripts committed the same offence, they would be dragged to a military court and face heavy punishments. It is outrageous that they forgot their position as military servicemen; but the ministry only protects them.”

namhw@ktimes.co.kr,

[27-June-2013][Jungang]Will Rain again be in the grips of a scandal over slack military discipline?

Public information services support soldiers' (hereafter referred to as entertainment soldiers) violation of the military service regulations in a manner and their visiting a massage parlour, are controversial, which is having a negative effect on singer Rain (his real name, 'Jung Ji-Hoon') who has 2 weeks ahead to leave the military.

SBS report said on the 25th that entertainment soldiers had stayed in a motel after their performance, used their cell phones, and drank with their casual clothes on. Particularly, some entertainment soldiers were spotted entering a massage parlour which is an adult entertainment venue.

There are Rain, KCM (his real name, 'Kang Chang-Mo'), 'Kim Kyung-Hyun' from group 'the Cross', Seven, Sangchu from 'Mighty Mouse', etc. who are currently serving in the military public information support service.

In particular, when news of Rain's dating actress 'Kim Tae-Hee' got out last January, his receiving preferential treatment by the military had been surrounded by controversy and that's why he got into trouble once. He was placed under a probation period of one week because he took off his hat while being out and he personally met 'Kim Tae-Hee' about three times while returning to his troop.

However, with only about two weeks to go before his discharge scheduled for the 10th of next month, Rain has been embroiled in controversy again. Rain as a sergeant with little time left in the army, can't possibly avoid being criticized for having been negligent towards his junior soldiers.

When slackened discipline in the public information support services has stirred up controversy, Defense Ministry is said to be investigating the relevant soldiers.

Credit to Daily Jungang http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=025&aid=0002272053

English translation by 화니.

cocomhe said: @willenette i am sure the most excited will be KTH and it will be tears of joy for him because they miss each other very much :x

anyeong everyone ^^ I just read a mention in Rain Indonesia's twitter which said that Rain is niminated on World Music Awards - More Asian Favorite, mind check their facebook pages http://www.facebook.com/officialwmaII looking for Rain in official wma's web but didn't find him, wonder they put him in what nomination actually
regarding se7en issue, i don't see Rain and Se7en's even is the same. 

[27-June-2013][News1]Rain'll leave the army on July 10th as scheduled.

credit:화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

456135_article.jpg

While Sangchu and Seven went to a massage parlor, Rain went straight to the lodging.

Singer Rain (his real name, Jung Ji-Hoon), who is the senior of entertainment soldiers Seven (Choi Dong-Wook) and Sangchu (Lee Sang-Cheol), is going to be discharged from military service on July 10th as scheduled.

Defense Media Agency officials said on the 27th, "Sergeant 'Jung Ji-Hoon' is expected to be discharged from military service on July 10th as scheduled." and "No specific changes have been made to the plan yet."

Recently, it has been revealed that Sangchu and Seven went to a massage parlor, which has even made Rain the subject of criticism. Rain participated in a concert in Chuncheon city with the two.

Rain's excessive outing for dating his lover 'Kim Tae-Hee' was controversial last January, and thereafter, he was placed under a probation period of one week by reason of his being in breach of military rules.

As Sangchu and Seven has caused the scandal this time, the issue that shows Rain was willing to date 'Kim Tae-Hee' and take a risk of violating the miltary rules, has once again come to the fore.

Some netizens are laying the blame on Rain, responding to Sangchu and Seven's scandal, "Rain should have been set an example for his juniors 'Sangchu' and 'Seven' to follow", "What will Sangchu and Seven learn by watching Rain manage his juniors poorly?", etc.

It is rumored that Rain dated 'Kim Tae-Hee' on the 21st when Sangchu and Seven went to a massage parlor, but the rumor has been found to be untrue.

The Defense Media Agency side expressed, "Corporal 'Jung Ji-Hoon' went straight to the lodging immediately after he just had dinner in a restaurant. He is very careful in everything not to cause trouble because the discharge date is not far off."

Credit to News1 http://news.nate.com/view/20130627n21075

English translation by 화니

well this issue regarding military duty is really a Big Deal in South Korea, from my friend there it's something that we can joke about regarding their intense situation with North Korea, so any scandal like this is hurting the nation, perhaps that's the main reason why Korean People take a big buzz about it, as international fan I believe it's the best for us to not give any comment regarding this issue, let's just wait and see and hoping the best for RAIN. :)

willenette said:
anjjo, Defense Information Service official has confirmed that RAIN is scheduled on July 10 to be discharged & so far there is no specific changes.It came out just today, June 27. I still respect Se7en. I still hold Se7en accountable for his own actions. – I admire you as a person, being a fan RAIN that you don't condemn Se7en of what happened causing some negative reaction again for RAIN from other people. I expressed my apologies for the recent incident that Se7en did especially with the immediate attention that has caused RAIN. This has been a hot topic amongst the netizens. As much as I love RAIN, Se7en is also one of my BIG MEN in my heart.....you know this, dear. Sorry......Up to now, there's still no comment from YG but Sangchu’s management agency, YMC Entertainment has already commented in his behalf & confirmed that Sangchu had indeed visited a massage parlour in search of a massage, but said he had visited the wrong sort of massage parlour by mistake. - hahaha. Isn't this cool?  :))

anjjo said: willenette said:
anjjo, Defense Information Service official has confirmed that RAIN is scheduled on July 10 to be discharged & so far there is no specific changes.It came out just today, June 27. I still respect Se7en. I still hold Se7en accountable for his own actions. – I admire you as a person, being a fan RAIN that you don't condemn Se7en of what happened causing some negative reaction again for RAIN from other people. I expressed my apologies for the recent incident that Se7en did especially with the immediate attention that has caused RAIN. This has been a hot topic amongst the netizens. As much as I love RAIN, Se7en is also one of my BIG MEN in my heart.....you know this, dear. Sorry......Up to now, there's still no comment from YG but Sangchu’s management agency, YMC Entertainment has already commented in his behalf & confirmed that Sangchu had indeed visited a massage parlour in search of a massage, but said he had visited the wrong sort of massage parlour by mistake. - hahaha. Isn't this cool?  :))

anjjo said: class="art_title"Defense Ministry to Audit Entertainment Corps

Source:chosun.com / Jun. 27, 2013

The Defense Ministry has embarked on an audit of the entertainment corps after a series of misbehaviors by the coddled stars in its ranks made headlines. The ministry is reportedly considering an end to assigning celebrities to exclusive entertainment duties.

Some soldiers in the corps reportedly drank alcohol until midnight after a performance in Chuncheon, Gangwon Province on June 21. They included Lee Sang-cheol, known as Sangchu, and Choi Dong-wook, a pop star more commonly known as Se7en, who left their motel at 2:30 a.m. and were caught visiting an adult massage parlor.

In an investigation they testified that they went to get a massage because their knees and back hurt but left when they realized it was a brothel. A military spokesman promised they will be strictly disciplined.

In January, pop star Rain was grounded for just a week for a string of violations including regular trysts with his girlfriend, actress Kim Tae-hee while on official duty.

Since then, the Army implemented special guidelines to manage personnel, but its effectiveness is constantly being called into question.

Defense Minister Kim Kwan-jin apologized for the latest misbehavior of celebrity soldiers at the National Assembly's Defense Committee on Wednesday. The social media were abuzz with censorious opinion. One Twitter user wrote, "Seeing the erratic behavior of celebrity soldiers makes me feel that those who served the country diligently were stupid after all."

Roundtable: Most Intriguing News of 2013… So Far

(willenette " It's their life and we have no right to invade it. Not our business.)

The year is only half gone and already we’ve had many incredible news stories to talk about. Whether it be dating scandals, slips of the tongue, or unthinkable collaborations, what piece of news shocked you or caught your attention the most so far this year?

(skipped unrelated.....)

Shweta: I’d like to extend it further to just the mass numbers of celebrity weddings and couple reveals that have been going on this year. We were lucky to find out about a handful of celebrity relationships before this year. Now it seems like relationship are getting outed all the time or at least speculated. What I find most interesting about this is the increase in prevalence of tabloid culture (at least from our perspective as international fans), the kind of responses people have to different couple relationships, and what those responses show about cultural perceptions. Be it Baek Ji-young, Sunye, Lee Min-jung, Kim Tae-hee, Kim Min-hee, etc., it seems like women get most of the bashing when a couple is “outed” or about to get married.

Most responses are not necessarily anger towards the female celebrity for taking their partner off the market or not being good enough, it’s more criticism towards them for dating X-person: Lee Min-jung is an idiot for dating Lee Byung-hun, Baek Ji-young is a richard simmons and dating advantage of Jung Suk-won, Kim Tae-hee is stupid for dating Rain who is already in trouble, and so on. It’s like the public is blaming the women for deciding to date whomever they do date or marry.

source : seoulbeats

willenette said: anjjo said: Hi willenette,  much have been reported about this topic, some write-ups proclaiming that Rain is again in another scandal which I don't like to post anymore plus rumours and hearsays in some blogs.  Really, when I read things like those, I am in low spirit the whole day. As of now, we, his fans have peace of mind with the news that his discharge will push through as planned and I hope without any more hassle. [-O<   I am very sorry for Se7en and though I am not his fan, I like him for being a friend of Rain and I am not judgmental at all.  I believe that he is a victim of circumstances, he should have been cautious as he is old enough to know the rules and the consequences of his actions.  Anyway, here is an article that mentions Rain -

class="articletitle"Best Abs In Kpop: The Hardest Decision of Your Lives

June 28, 2013

Abs, abs, abs, abs galore! We may love our K-pop boys for their voices or dance skills, but we all cannot deny that their abs are a huge reason we drool, cry, desire, lust, and need. In general, Korean men are slim figured. I am stating that fact based merely on my personal observation of Korean men, but I think it's safe to say most are on the thinner side of the spectrum. When you work that body out with tons of gym time and hours learning choreography, the results will be 6 to 8 packs, defined triceps and biceps, V-shaped cut obliques, and a whole lot of chocolate ab goodness. Let's take a look at the best bodies in K-pop and you tell us whose body does it for you!

skipped   .   .   .    .     .

skipped   .   .   .    .     .

81599.jpg

Rain. During his "Ninja Assassin" days. Enough said.

skipped    .     .     .    .     .

pls read more @http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/32839/20130628/choi-shi-won-jay-park-taec-changmin-2am-dalmation-simon-psy.htm