Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

rainyday293 said: Hello The Cloud. I'm a new member in this thread. Sorry for my bad grammar. I'm a HUGE FANS of Bi RAIN since 2004. I'm also a HUGE FANS of Kim Tae Hee. And I'm very happy that my wish Kim Tae Hee and Rain now in relationship! ^_____^ But, I'm very sad that media, article, netizen report false news about Rain. They forget that RAIN received SPECIAL COMBATANT AWARD. I have many thoughts to say but my grammar isn't good. But, I'm still THE CLOUD. FOREVER... Thank you very much anjjo, willenette, and other member that support RAIN. I'm very happy in this bad situation Rain still have a great fans like you all.  

[15-Jan-13][NSP News] Rain's requesting change of assignment has proved to be wrong.

Posted by memo-rain on January 16, 2013

allkpop.jpg

On the 15th, a news medium cited a military source as saying that Rain (his real name, Jung JI Hoon) had never requested change of assignment.

This official said, "Corporal Jung Ji Hoon only said 'It would be better to just serve on the front than to do it that way' while taking with officials. His comment was misinterpreted as what he would request change of assignment. Corporal Jung will be always faithful to his duties for the remainder (7 months) of his military service."

The Ministry of Defence side also dismissed the possibility of Jung's change of assignment, emphasizing the fact that an entertainment soldier is also a soldier, "Change of assignment will be available only when it is required as determined by commanders. Change of assignment is beyond soldier's control."
Before this, some news media cited one of Jung's closest aides as saying that he requested change of assignment in hopes of serving on the front, which attracted the attention.

Meanwhile, news headlines at the beginning of 2013 were heavily concentrated on Jung's dating actress 'Kim Tae Hee'. He violated the decree on military service in the process of dating with her while off the base for official military duties and was placed under a period of probation of seven days last 7th.

Source : http://www.nspna.com/news/?mode=view&newsid=55724
English translation by 화니

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Vid]15-01-13 Y-star News - Rain submits the letter of apology ('군규율위반' 비, 반성문 제출 '죄송하다')

Posted by memo-rain

----------------------------------------------------------

[01-16] 130115 ETN_Ent. Station_Singer with Blood Type O. Rain + Love Story MV

130115 ETN_Ent. Station_Singer with Blood Type O. Rain + Love Story MV

Credit: scorpiola // scorpiolabi1 @ youtube

1301152107260e4f0af07f22ed.jpg

willenette said:

Well I've noticed that many Koreans judge people especially their co-Koreans based on their blood type. I guess because it's important in Korean culture. Your blood type says a lot about your personality (at least that's what they believe).But, to some it matters, to others it doesn't matter. And like all of us should - you should be able to know your blood type just in case something happens and you're in the hospital. Type blood "O" is the best since you can donate your blood to any blood type. Thanks I'm "O" - For me, all of these blood type personality descriptions are all superstition.... It's kinda like other people being so into zodiac signs. I guess it's just a culture thing.

In the Korean movie, "My Scary Girl" (2006), one of the characters says: (Said in anger) "The blood type theory was once a part of the Germans' theory that white people were superior to other races. One Japanese scholar, who went to Germany to study, brought the blood type theory back to his country. Later on, the German people discarded the theory. The only people who believe the blood type theory now are the Koreans and the Japanese!" "What's your blood type?" When you first meet someone in Korea, you will often be asked this question. It became really popular that there are even many movies and dramas about this subject. Well, all of us are individuals in our own right. Every individual's genetic make-up is unique. Some believe that personality is influenced by blood type! There are best selling books "Eat Right for Your Type" and "Live Right for Your Type" authored by Dr. D'Adamo. You know, dear it's not only Koreans who have fascination with blood types, also Japanese people. 

:))

anjjo said:
rainyday293 said: Hello The Cloud. I'm a new member in this thread. Sorry for my bad grammar. I'm a HUGE FANS of Bi RAIN since 2004. I'm also a HUGE FANS of Kim Tae Hee. And I'm very happy that my wish Kim Tae Hee and Rain now in relationship! ^_____^ But, I'm very sad that media, article, netizen report false news about Rain. They forget that RAIN received SPECIAL COMBATANT AWARD. I have many thoughts to say but my grammar isn't good. But, I'm still THE CLOUD. FOREVER... Thank you very much anjjo, willenette, and other member that support RAIN. I'm very happy in this bad situation Rain still have a great fans like you all.  

Rain, appointment not possible

photo275201.jpg

Rain's re-appointment of post won't happen.

A source at the Ministry of National Defense said that Rain would remain as a celebrity soldier or the remaining 7 months or so at the army and that re-appointing him was impossible.

He won't be able to be sent to the frontier nor would he be able to change positions within the camp. Rain had hoped to serve his remaining time as a normal soldier and not a star.

Rain was put on probation for 7 days for the charges of having met Kim Tae-hee on personal affairs when he was on duty. He wrote a statement saying, "I am sorry to my fellow public relations team. I am sorry to have caused trouble for my wrong deeds. I will continue the rest of my duty in silence".

Source : isplus.live.joinsmsn.... ( English )

Translation : Hancinema

January 18, 2013

Singer Rain to walk with citizens in military event

Singer Rain will break his silence and appear at a military event over the weekend as he seeks to restore his tarnished image after being disciplined for dating a top TV actress during service, military officials said Friday.

The singer, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, was grounded in his unit earlier this month as punishment for dating actress Kim Tae-hee during military service. The 31-year old now serves in a media broadcast unit, which promotes the military, in order to fulfill his mandatory military duty, required for all able-bodied South Korean men.  

As the one-week probation period ended on Tuesday, Jung's unit decided to send him to a military event hosted by the Capital Defense Command (CDC), as he regretted his misconduct and is ready to fulfill his duty, officials said.

"Jung has had enough time to contemplate his violation of the service rule," an official at the Capital Defense Command said. "He will show his new image by participating in the security awareness event along with Seoul citizens."

On Saturday, Jung will walk a 5-kilometer route near the presidential office with other soldiers and Seoul citizens to commemorate an assassination attempt by North Korean commandos against late President Park Chung-hee, the father of incoming President Park Geun-hye.

Thirty-one North Korean soldiers infiltrated the capital city on Jan. 21, 1968 to attack Park's residence, but their attempt ended in failure, leaving 26 killed and 66 wounded. The CDC said the event is aimed at raising security awareness among public. (Yonhap News)

credit : Korea Herald

Guest fantast1k1

Thanks for all the updates and awesome gifs!

I was browsing on YouTube and I came across "Rain Is Coming" special on MBS.

Watching Rain recount his childhood and teenage years in poverty was heartbreaking. ESP. The part where he was hungry...he would only drink boiled hot water coz there's no tea...and regretting that the only thing he can offer his dying mom was a seaweed soap :(( :(( :(( then Rain promise his mom to never go hungry ever again...waaaaaahhhh!

I really hope Rain found what he's looking for in KTH. And KTH is one lucky woman :x

[12-01-19][sports Seoul] Rain appears at his first official event for the first time after

his probation period, "It’s great to be here"

55%280%29.jpg

Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon) serving in the army appeared at his first official event for the first time after his probation period.

Rain participated in 'the 1st Love Of Country Walkathon With Seoulite' in Seoul Kyungbok High School on the morning of the 19th and briskly greeted people. “Loyalty. Hello, this is Coporal 'Jung Ji Hoon' belonging to the Ministry of Defence."

Rain who looked so manly in his uniform and green beret, briefly stated his feelings about his participation in the event with a comparatively serene expression, "It’s great to be here at the event structured to look back upon '1.21 Attack' which happened 45years ago when the armed agents infiltrated into the Blue House and to bring the security for the country to people's attention. I'll be walking with citizens of Seoul as best I can."

This event was going to run for about 3 hours from 12:30pm, but started thirty minutes late due to unavoidable circumstances. Soldiers, their families, citizens of Seoul, etc. walked about five kilometers, following the roads, from Kyungbok High School to Samchung Park.

Recently, Rain violated the decree on military service in the process of dating with actress 'Kim Tae Hee' while off the base for official military duties and didn't wear his beret as regulated during his leave and that's why he was placed under a period of probation of one week.

Source : http://news.nate.com/view/20130119n04782?mid=e0102

English translation by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

-----------------------------------------------------

[13-01-19][Osen] Rain appears at his first official event, looking thinner than

before, "I'll do my best"

11%2837%29.jpg

22%289%29.jpg

Singer Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon) made an appearance at an official event for the first time after he was placed under probation, looking thinner than before.

Rain participated in 'the 1st Love Of Country Walkathon With Seoulite' held in Kyungbok High School, Jongro-gu, Seoul, on the 19th, which was his first official event after his probation period.

On the day, Rain started to talk, "Loyalty! Hello, this is Jung Ji Hoon." And he sketched out the event briefly and gave a brief greeting, "I'm honored to be with citizens of Seoul. I'll do my best."

He looked more thinner than before, showing a serene expression on his face while crowds of reporters and fans swarmed around to see him. In particular, he was very unforthcoming about what had happened and rushed off to carry out his duties faithfully.

Source : Osen : http://news.nate.com/view/20130119n04630?mid=e0102

Photp credit http://rain-cloud.co.kr/board/view.asp?mstSeq=25&bcmSeq=5&seq=54234&page=1&searchType=title&searchStr=

English translation by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr.

[01-20] [Channel A]13-01-19 Rain @ Love of country Walkathon

[Channel A]13-01-19 Rain @ Love of country Walkathon with Seoulite

SOURCE : http://news.ichannela.com/3/all/20130119/52437816/1

http://memo-rain.ning.com/video/ ... athon-with-seoulite

---------------------------------------------------------

[01-20] [mbn News]13-01-19 Rain @ Love of country Walkathon with Seoulite

[mbn News]13-01-19 Rain @ Love of country Walkathon with Seoulite

source : http://mbn.mk.co.kr/pages/news/newsView.php?news_seq_no=1291453

---------------------------------------------------

[01-20] 13-01-19 SBS - News 8_Rain @ Love of country Walkathon

13-01-19 SBS - News 8_Rain @ Love of country Walkathon with Seoulite

all credit:ratoka@Rain Legend

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Singer Rain joins fans in hiking "infiltration route" used by N. Korean commandos in 1968
2013/01/19

By Kim Eun-jung

SEOUL, Jan. 19 (Yonhap) -- Conscripted K-pop star Rain, joined by hundreds of fans, hiked the route used by a group of North Korean commandos to infiltrate the capital city 45 years ago on a failed mission to assassinate then President Park Chung-hee.

On Jan. 21, 1968, 31 North Korean armed agents infiltrated into Seoul after slipping past the heavily guarded inter-Korean border. They were stopped several hundred meters from the presidential Cheong Wa Dae, and all but one were shot to death.

The Army's Capital Defense Command organized Saturday's hiking event to raise anti-North Korean security awareness among Seoul citizens. The 31-year-old K-pop star, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, walked the 5-kilometer "infiltration" route, along with 1,600 people, many of them his fans.

AEN20130119003200315_02_i.jpg

"I'm honored to participate in this event," Jung said, executing a military-style hand salute. "I will do my best to commemorate the event."

Jung was conscripted into the Army in late 2011 for 21 months of mandatory military service. The hiking was his first outing after he was reprimanded earlier this month for dating a top TV actress while on official duty.
The singer now serves as an "entertainment soldier" for an Army unit that provides TV and radio programming aimed at promoting the military. He is scheduled to be discharged from active service in July.

Surrounded by a pack of reporters and his fans, Jung was asked various questions about his military life and relationship with actress Kim Tae-hee. He avoided answering most of the questions.

ejkim@yna.co.kr

Source:.yonhapnews.co.kr

January 22, 2013

Lee Hyo-ri and Lee Sang-soon are No.1 couple

22105533.jpg

Celebrity couple Lee Hyo-ri and Lee Sang-soon were picked among netizens as the most durable-looking pair.
An online survey was conducted by a PR company promoting the American film “Silver Linings Playbook.”

The question asked was “Which couple looks as if they could go long distance?” After the two singers, came another set of Lees: actors Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jung. They shared second place with fellow actors Yoo In-na and Ji Hyun-woo.

Meanwhile, Hallyuwood’s latest couple singer Rain and actress Kim Tae-hee were ranked third.

Lee Hyo-ri and Lee Sang-soon are in their third year together and on Jan.17, the two were spotted at the concert of mutual friend and singer Kim Dong-ryul who is one half of the duo Verandah Project, to which Lee Sang-soon belongs.

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily