Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Guest tyty7_9

class="articletitle" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 33px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none;"Department of Defense States, "Rain has Met with Kim Tae Hee 3 Times'

The Department of Defense revealed that singer Rain has met with Kim Tae Hee 3 times.

At the news briefing, a spokesman stated, "After confirming with Rain, we have found out that he has met with Kim Tae Hee a total of 3 times, on November 23, December 2 and December 9."

At that time, he was out to finish editing and recording for his album in Seoul. He returned back to the base around 9-10 PM. Instead of riding the taxi back, Kim Tae Hee picked him and dropped him off at the front gate.

It is also true that he did not wear his uniform hat while out in public and that he did meet with someone other than what he was supposed to be doing while out of the base. He will be taking up these matters with the disciplinary committee sometime next week.

Source: 

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/18839/20130103/rain-has-met-with-kim-tae-hee-3-times.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the difference between going back to the base by a cab and a private car??? do the rules just allow him to be picked up and dropped bu a taxi driver only?...I wonder if the person who dropped him at the base was not KTH or his lover would give him trouble in the military???...

BTW, I hope their love will be stronger after all this ... I was happy to know that he finally has somebody... I am happy with whoever he chooses for his life because it's his life...he surely knows who makes him happy and who is the best for him.

Sammie277_x said:No disciplinary action is taken? I'm not sure that is a good idea because it is not only Rain but the entire entertainment soldiers benefits need to be re-examined. I can't help to think that all that talk he had about serving in the army like any other soldiers were just empty talk.

Guest tyty7_9

bi-rain-bat-ngo-khoe-anh-khi-con-o-viet-

About not wearing the hat, I saw may other solders did not wear hat from pics and cams, but why only Rain get punishments???...

Guest justblaqcloud

if he breaking the rules, then he should take responsibility for what he did & face it as a man, & apologize to the public, & i believe public will apologize him...
2007 world tour case, his company problem,etc..he succeed through all that tough period, & i believe this time he can too with support & love from us his CLOUD

tyty7_9 said: class="articletitle" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 33px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none;"Department of Defense States, "Rain has Met with Kim Tae Hee 3 Times'

The Department of Defense revealed that singer Rain has met with Kim Tae Hee 3 times.

At the news briefing, a spokesman stated, "After confirming with Rain, we have found out that he has met with Kim Tae Hee a total of 3 times, on November 23, December 2 and December 9."

At that time, he was out to finish editing and recording for his album in Seoul. He returned back to the base around 9-10 PM. Instead of riding the taxi back, Kim Tae Hee picked him and dropped him off at the front gate.

It is also true that he did not wear his uniform hat while out in public and that he did meet with someone other than what he was supposed to be doing while out of the base. He will be taking up these matters with the disciplinary committee sometime next week.

Source: 

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/18839/20130103/rain-has-met-with-kim-tae-hee-3-times.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the difference between going back to the base by a cab and a private car??? do the rules just allow him to be picked up and dropped bu a taxi driver only?...I wonder if the person who dropped him at the base was not KTH or his lover would give him trouble in the military???...

BTW, I hope their love will be stronger after all this ... I was happy to know that he finally has somebody... I am happy with whoever he chooses for his life because it's his life...he surely knows who makes him happy and who is the best for him.

justblaqcloud said: if he breaking the rules, then he should take responsibility for what he did & face it as a man, & apologize to the public, & i believe public will apologize him...
2007 world tour case, his company problem,etc..he succeed through all that tough period, & i believe this time he can too with support & love from us his CLOUD

class="art_title"Rain Under Fire for Bunking Off Military Duties

Rain Rain

Singer and actor Rain, who is serving his mandatory military service, has provoked controversy over the privileges enjoyed by star conscripts by taking unusually frequent holidays. The star attracted the latest unwelcome publicity after it was reported that he is dating actress Kim Tae-hee.

Rain began his service in October 2011 as an assistant instructor at a boot camp on the front line but was transferred to Seoul in March last year to serve in the Army's entertainment corps.

According to the Defense Ministry, Rain got 17 days off as a reward and took another 10 overnight vacation days since March. He spent another 44 days outside his military base on official business such as morale-boosting performances, recording sessions and dance practice for military events. In July, Rain spent four days at one studio in Gangnam.

That makes 71 days off since he was stationed at the entertainment corps. Adding the holidays he got while serving on the frontline, Rain had 94 days off base, or one-fifth of his 450 days of service so far.

That is more than twice the number of average holidays enjoyed by other troops from 2009 to 2012, and that is even before he has used the 28 days of regular holidays to which he is entitled.

The star also apparently left base frequently during the day, claiming he needed to practice for military events but returned by nightfall. The military says it has no record of such absences. "An entertainment troop member is required to be accompanied by a Defense Ministry staffer when leaving the base for official purposes," said a ministry spokesman. "But it is not possible to accompany them 24 hours a day, so conscripts often return to base alone."

This has led to mounting suspicion that Rain made up excuses to leave the base and see Kim.

Photos also show Rain outside base in uniform but without his military cap, which is a violation of Army regulations. The ministry pledged to investigate and take necessary action. It has now also launched a probe into holidays taken by 15 other entertainers currently serving with the corps.

The military has been relatively lax about allowing entertainment troops to leave the base even overnight due to a lack of facilities for them to practice.

This is not the first time this issue has surfaced. Singer Park Hyo-shin, who completed his service in September last year, received 74 days off and spent another 67 days off base overnight citing official duties.

Actor Lee Dong-gun, who completed his service in March 2012, got 90 days off plus another 27 days overnight on official duties.

According to Democratic United Party lawmaker Jin Sung-joon, the 32 conscripts in the entertainment corps who were discharged from November 2009 until September last year received an average 75 days off, 1.7 times more than other troops.

The ministry website and Internet portals have been flooded with comments criticizing the system. One woman sent a tweet to Defense Minister Kim Kwan-jin saying, "It makes no sense that I rarely get to see my boyfriend, who is serving his mandatory military service, but Kim Tae-hee gets to see her boyfriend all the time."

Rain's management company told reporters that he received no special privileges and would accept punishment for violating dress code regulations. A ministry spokesman said Rain has temporarily halted his duties and is "reflecting on his actions."

englishnews@chosun.com / Jan. 03, 2013 13:24 KST

I hope everything will be all right for Rain.
From what I read, most of netizen in korean feel sorry for Kim Tae Hee, beacause they think Kim Tae Hee deserve someone better (regarding family background, education and face). In their opinion Rain is not compatible with Kim Tae Hee who is known come from good family, with good education and have a good face. This pro contra also happen when Hang Ga In married his husband YJS and Lee Hyori dated his Boy Friend. I dunno, it seem that in Korea it really matter if a person with a good class date or married with people from the same class. Gahhh, I can't believe this kind of thing still happen in this world =___= Didn't they took a lesson from Prince Williams and Kate married??? =___=

Rain is Officially Off the Market Ladies…

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain-Dating-Coupang-Ad.jpg

By Janine Bower | January 3, 2013

Considering the rumors surrounding entertainer Rain and his

Kim Tae Hee, we’re pretty sure Rain’s got himself a new lady friend. Who knew that love could bloom so well in the military?

Rain’s military leaders sure didn’t… Now that his involvement with popular actress Kim Tae Hee has surfaced, many are wondering how Rain maintained a relationship throughout his military service. Rain was already criticized this year for how much free time he has had. Was some of that time used to date Kim Tae Hee?

News outlet Dispatch has a few answers. Hot on their trail, paparazzi claim that Rain has been friends with Kim Tae Hee since March of 2012, when Rain became an “entertainment soldier.” According to Dispatch, they started “officially dating” last September. Meanwhile, agencies to both of the stars have remained hush about the matter entirely, but still… Rain has had a lot of time on his hands to visit Miss Kim.

Rain-Kim-Tae-Hee-dispatch.jpg

Rain and Kim Tae Hee were spotted multiple times on the way to meet one another

Sidebar: There are a few conflicting reports about Rain’s off-days that shift some of the blame back onto the military. Some sources claim that many official publicity events for the army are classified as “time off” for their high-profile soldiers, an unfortunate detail to overlook during a scandal such as this one.

Do you think these dating rumors are relevant? Or is the military using Rain’s celebrity to their benefit? 

source : http://www.mtvk.com/blog-posts/rain-is-officially-off-the-market-la...

credit:memo-rain

class="content-title"American Box Office Hit Movie Producers Reveal Why They Cast Rain in Their Movies

January 4, 2013

American Box Office Hit Movie Producers Reveal Why They Cast Rain in Their Movies

Lana Wachowski reveals the reason why she cast Rain in her movies.

Directors, writers and producers Andy Wachowski and Lana Wachowski, who are siblings, were invited as guests on the January 3 episode of the MBC variety show, “Golden Fishery.”   Despite being the producers behind many box office hits including “The Matrix,” it was their first time appearing on a talk show of any kind in their lives.

On air, Lana Wachowski highly praised Rain and shared why she cast him in the film, “Speed Racer.”  She commented, “When I saw his performance videos and his movie, ‘I’m a Cyborg, But That’s Ok,’ I became mesmerized by his charm.”

Rain has so far been in two of Wachowski’s movies- “Speed Racer” and “Ninja Assassin.” 

Meanwhile, “Cloud Atlas” which is co-produced by the Wachowski’s and Tom Tykwer, will premiere in Korea on January 9.  The movie cast includes Bae Doona, Tom Hanks, Hugh Grant, Halle Berry, Susan Sarandon and Jim Sturgess.

Rain3.jpg

Source:soompi

-------------------------------------------------------------

13-01-03 tvN E News - e-NEWS_Rain and Kim Tae Hee's dating scene

Posted by memo-rain

Rain and Kim Tae Hee are ‘Destined’ for Each Other?

20130104_rainkimtaehee_fortune.jpg

Rain and Kim Tae Hee‘s compatibility has been revealed.

A fortune teller looked at their marriage compatibility on Y-STAR‘s ‘Goonggoomta‘, and revealed, “Looking at the compatibility based on their birth dates, Rain and Kim Tae Hee were destined for each other. The pair are a perfect pair in which Kim Tae Hee can fill in the lacking parts for Rain, who was born with an ambitious nature. It’s only natural that you are attracted to someone who can fill where you’re lacking.

On the same episode, the fortune teller predicted that Jessica will be the most active Girls’ Generation member in 2013, and suggested that Yuri should enjoy her activities this year with more leisure.

Source: TV Daily

[13-01-04][star] "Disciplinary action against a soldier addresses only the tail end of the issue. Rain’s conduct is not the core of the larger problem."

The Year of the Snake has barely begun, and celebrity Rain (real name 'Jung Ji Hoon) is already facing trouble. Aside from the fact that his romantic relationship with the beautiful star 'Kim Tae Hee' has been exposed to the public, he is now scheduled to be referred to the military disciplinary committee for charges of violating the decree on military service.

There are mainly two issues that the Defense Ministry finds problematic about Rain’s conduct. The first is that he did not wear his hat as regulated during his leave, and the second is that he met privately with 'Kim Tae Hee' while off the base for official military duties. Those who have served in the Korean military will probably agree that being caught for violating the hat regulation is virtually a matter of bad luck. It is the kind of violation that can end up with varying consequences depending on the commanding officer: one could end up getting punished with a confinement in the guardhouse or the matter can be passed over with only a rebuke.

Although being hatless is considered an infringement of the regulations of the decree on military service, to put this into perspective, even wearing the military’s padded inner wear for cold weather (which Korean soldiers refer to as the "kkalkkalyi") while on leave in the winter is, strictly speaking, a violation of the regulations. Granted, a soldier going on a date with one’s girlfriend every Sunday while away from the barracks for official duties is a case that other ordinary rank and file soldiers would find enraging.

If the soldier in question has been dating while on official leave or holiday, then this ought to be protected as a matter of privacy. However, for a soldier to enjoy a date while out on official military duties and moreover to be dating out and about in the middle of downtown in Gangnam is the kind of practice that would deeply aggravate ordinary army soldiers, for whom the only pleasure they usually have to look forward to on a weekend is a visit to a religious service outside the barracks to receive the complementary Choco Pie cookie every Sunday.

The Defense Ministry has announced that a disciplinary committee will be held in the service support troop in which Rain is serving to take measures regarding Rain’s violation of the military service regulations in a manner that will ensure fairness with other soldiers. On first sight, this seems to be a fair action. The Defense Ministry also explained that it intends to prepare special disciplinary guidelines to address the issue oflaxity in service discipline among entertainment soldiers (public information services support soldiers). Again, this may also initially appear to be a reasonable measure.

However, what it amounts to is addressing only the surface of the problem by disciplining a rank and file soldier. On two occasions, this reporter had the opportunity to make regular appearances on radio programs hosted by entertainment soldiers in the Defense Agency for Public Information Services.

In 2005, I appeared once a week on a radio program hosted by 'Lee Min Woo'. In 2010, I also appeared once a week on a radio program hosted by 'Lee Joon Gi' These engagements gave me an opportunity to gain some insight into the daily routine and hardships experienced by entertainment soldiers. In 2005, among the entertainment soldiers, 'Hong Gyeong Min' was discharged from active military service, while 'Yun Gye Sang' and 'Park Gwang Hyeon' had just been assigned to the public information support services. 'Hong Gyeong Min', as expected for a sergeant near the end of his service, showed a more relaxed demeanor, while 'Yun Gye Sang' and others who had just been assigned were more rigid with military discipline.

At the time, such soldiers could only apply to the position of an entertainment solider after serving around six months in the first-line troops. In other words, these entertainers had to first spend a full six months as a private in the first-line troops before beginning their service as an entertainment soldier.

This was surely enough time for them to experience the hardships and challenges of being an ordinary rank and file soldier. The entertainment soldiers’duties consisted of participating in various events morning and evening as well as standing guard in the barracks, and they did not even get a chance to properly rest on holidays. Every holiday, they would be called upon to serve at this or that event. It is often the case that entertainment soldiers would be called upon to work for private affairs of the military officers.

Being ordered to serve as an MC or sing at the weddings of the relatives of military officers was pretty much taken for granted. During the time he served in a subordinate unit, 'Yun Gye Sang' was even required to show up at the opening of a meat restaurant run by a relative of a military officer. Of course, not all officers engage in such practices. In the case of 'Lee Min Woo', while he was in a subordinate unit, the commanding officer at the time not only strictly ordered that Lee should not receive special treatment because he was a well-known entertainer but also that he should not be subject to demands for gossip because of his celebrity status.

Thanks to this, 'Lee Min Woo' was able to spend his six months as a private without any mishaps. When I returned to work in military broadcasting after 5 years, the conditions experienced by entertainment soldiers had not changed much in the meantime. If anything, the conditions became even more difficult. Above all, there are now too many tasks for which the entertainment soldiers are mobilized. There has been an increase in the number of radio and TV military broadcasts, and they also need to appear in films and musicals, and the various scheduled events have multiplied manifold.

Since there has been an increase in the uses for entertainment soldiers, there are cases in which instead of selecting them after six months in their home unit, the appointment is already internally decided during the training of new soldiers. In truth, the quota of soldiers assigned to the military public information support service is not large. It consists of only around 20 soldiers. This includes many in technical posts. Therefore, the number of entertainers is itself very small. Under these circumstances, there are many cases in which entertainment soldiers are assigned to the military band and used for various events.

There have even been instances in which plans were already set for entertainers who are scheduled to enter military service in the near future. It is of course up to the discretion of the Defense Ministry how they use their human resources. Nonetheless, since the officers are often lacking in consideration and troop support is insufficient, the practice has been to exploit the services of the entertainment soldiers as much as possible and then offering some consolation in the form of vacations or leaves.

This is the reason that entertainment soldiers often receive a greater number of leave days compared to ordinary rank and file soldiers. The reason that Rain had to leave the base was to complete stage practice and music recordings, since the military base did not have the necessary facilities for this work. Moreover, the reason that he was assigned to be working off base during the evenings and holidays rather than during the ordinary work schedule is also because he was ordered to fulfill all his work duties during the weekday schedule on top of working to complete the stage-related requirements during the extra hours.

Working overtime in this manner has been the case not only for Rain but for the majority of singers who became entertainment soldiers. In other words, the work that should have been completed within the bounds of the military was forced on the entertainment soldiers to be performed in their extra private capacities. The entertainment soldiers were not even accompanied by officers when on leave during the day or overnight. Is it really proper to fault only the soldier iflax in discipline becomes a problem when leaves are given during the day or overnight without the supervision of an accompanying officer?

The Defensive Ministry explained that according to the special disciplinary guidelines for entertainment soldiers, when a soldier of the public information support services isaway from the base, he will be accompanied by an officer and that performance practices should be completed before 10 PM at which time the soldier will return to the base. The Ministry also explained that the head of the Defense Agency for Public Information Services, who manages the public information support troops, will directly report on a monthly basis to the commander of the service support corps of the Defense Ministry, who is the commanding officer.

We can deduce that the obverse of this is that up to now, the soldiers were not accompanied by officers and their performed activities were not reported in detail. This recent incident has made the position of the entertainment soldier even gloomier while the work has become even more taxing. Nothing has really changed in the system while the soldier is the one who is being exploited to death. It is true that Corporal 'Jung Ji Hoon' ought to be penalized for going on dates while he should have been on official military duty. However, the more serious problem is that the other systemic problems have not been addressed aside from the disciplinary action against the individual soldier.

At the time of the Yeonpyeong naval battle, there was an incident in which a photo of Jin-Wook Lee, who was serving as an entertainment soldier, was circulated on the internet showing him on a date near Hongik University. This caused uproar in the public information support services. Around the same time, there was much upset when it was exposed that another entertainment soldier gave a performance while ona leave citing family reasons. This incident was quietly covered up without arousing external exposure. Even then, the systematic problems were not corrected and only the individual entertainment soldiers were caught. The core of the problem is not Rain’s conduct, but the practices of the officers.

Source : Star News http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2013010410314134593&type=1&outlink=1

English translation by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

[13-01-04] The ‘Outrage’ Over ‘Jung Ji Hoon's ‘Special Privileges’ and the Issue of ‘Human Rights’

1%2889%29.jpg

▲Musician Rain (‘Jung Ji Hoon') hosting the '2012 Noble Military Family Awards' ceremony.ⓒ News 1

2%2854%29.jpg

▲Singer Rain (Private First Class ‘Jung Ji Hoon'), wearing civilian clothes, gave a congratulatory performance along with an external dance team at the 9th Comrades in Arms Marathon held in the Han River Citizens’ Park in Yeoui-do, Seoul on the 15th of last September. The event, which was hosted by the Defense Agency for Public Information Services, drew the participation of 5,100 people including active enlisted Korean soldiers, members of the US Armed Forces in Korea, military officers and ordinary citizens. It is likely that ‘Jung Ji Hoon', as an entertainment soldier, fulfilled his orders to perform at such events without a word of complaint. ⓒ News 1

[Opinion]

The shocked reactions of the entertainment media and the Defense Ministry following rumors of a romantic relationship between ‘Jung Ji Hoon' and 'Kim Tae Hee'

[Mediaus] The Defense Ministry appears to be quite galvanized by the surprising news. At the break of the new year, it was exposed in the news media that ‘Jung Ji Hoon' (stage name "Rain") who is currently serving as a corporal in the Korean military, is in a romantic relationship with 'Kim Tae Hee', one of the top celebrity stars of this generation. The internet has been enflamed by the news. After the exclusive report was released by "Dispatch," a media outlet claiming to specialize in entertainment and celebrity news, related contents have continued to top the search word rankings under varying key words, and there have been a deluge of follow up reports that are almost too many to be numbered.

The news gave rise to various controversies. Though the special report from "Dispatch" focused only on the fact that the two celebrities were dating, the news stoked discussion of problems in unexpected direction. The time and location in which ‘Jung Ji Hoon', who is referred to as an entertainment soldier, met with his date 'Kim Tae Hee' emerged as the problematic issue. Soon, the number of leave days Jung received from the military was disclosed. Even details regarding where he was while on leave was widely exposed.

Comments abounded comparing the number of Jung’s leave days to the number received by Hyeon Bin, who served in the Marine Corps, and finally the Defense Ministry announced that it would convene a disciplinary committee for the referral of ‘Jung Ji Hoon'. 'Kim Min Seok', a spokesperson for the Defense Ministry and a former reporter on military affairs for the daily newspaper Joongang Ilbo wrote an official opinion piece stating that "Though Corporal ‘Jung Ji Hoon' was sent off base for practices (for the performance of new songs) as part of his official military duties, it is true that he engaged in private meetings on the way back, and such private contacts can be regarded as a violation of military regulations" and clarified his position that ‘Jung Ji Hoon' should receive disciplinary action. In addition, even the most miniscule details have been circulated regarding Jung’s violation of the military regulations.

Not only has the dates on which he met with 'Kim Tae Hee' become a matter of public knowledge, it appears that even details about whose car he rode and where he went are all becoming problematized. Since the reaction of the press has become so heated, the Defense Ministry has been scrambling in an attempt to assuage public opinion by expressing the position that it will use this opportunity to rectify its policies regarding entertainment soldiers.

The Defense Ministry claims that henceforth all entertainment soldiers will be accompanied by officers when away from the base, and will be absolutely required to return to the barracks before 10 pm. That the most fervent interest imaginable has been aroused by this news of a romance between Rain and 'Kim Tae Hee', and that the press has been rushing to spew reports on the hot item is quite as expected.

Ever since the news cycle has become enslaved to the internet portal culture, the media have been engaged in an exhausting competition to draw the most clicks by generating so-called "spot news"contents, and this is a problem that must be addressed by reforming the press media environment as a whole. However, it remains a baffling task to decipher the attitudes of the anonymous masses who are expressing their rage in response to the news, and to understand the causes and the targets of their anger.

To begin with, ‘Jung Ji Hoon' himself should not to be faulted regarding the number of leave days he received from the army. The granting of leaves is the responsibility of the Defense Ministry in charge of the entertainment soldiers, and a matter of military policy. Although for quite a while now there have been disgruntled comments about the leave days given not only to Ji-HoonJeong but to the majority of entertainment soldiers, the military has not taken any measures to address the issue for a long time.

The reason is simple. It is because these entertainers are following such a routine in their military service to meet the requirements of the Defense Ministry itself. The manner in which the military of the Republic of Korea holds the youth of this country hostage has not fundamentally changed in the course of the last several decades.

Under the unconditional imperative of "duty,"the military without exception imposes a halt on the progress of our youth. At some point, entertainment soldiers began to function as a means for the military to sugarcoat the violence of this system.

Military service by celebrity entertainers is exploited to serve two strands of logic, the first of which is to give the impression that "even a famous celebrity serves in the military just like us." The other effect is to point out that "celebrity entertainers demonstrate how the contemporary military allows soldiers to fully utilize their talents during service." Celebrity entertainers are thus mobilized and utilized by the military in a manner different from those of ordinary soldiers.

In the military, where a strict system is followed when issuing rewards and penalties for merits and demerits, ‘leaves’are the virtually the only form of compensation available to be offered to soldiers who have been thus mobilized and exploited.

Psy, who was ordered to re-enlist in the military because he committed the violation of giving a musical performance during the period of his alternative service, disclosed during a chat on a talk show the irony that it was during the period of his second military appointment that he was forced to give the greatest number of performances, and that as compensation for the performance work, the military unit provided him with various amenities.

It is the same case for ‘Jung Ji Hoon', who since entering the military service has had to appear in various military posters and public information videos, perform in musicals, and even give shows at the Yeosu Expo for the reason that the Expo was considered a national event. That the military granted ‘leaves’ as a compensation for this extra service is in itself an inevitable practice within the military system and it is more of a structural problem that cannot be especially criticized in this individual case alone.

In other words, the problem of the leaves given to Jung is to be considered not so much the personal responsibility of the solider but rather a problem of systemic inconsistency within the military of the Republic of Korea. Moreover, it is possible to question whether the aspects of this case that the Defense Ministry rushed to address as problematic are really beyond the boundaries of the conduct that ordinary soldiers generally engage in during vacation or leave.

Following the uproar, the fact that Jung rode in a car provided by an acquaintance on the way back to barracks, and that he met privately with a person during leave has been pointed out as violations of military regulations, and in response the Defense Ministry claimed that it will take "measures to ensure fairness with other soldiers."

If such is the case, then does the military intend to equally penalize, as in the case of Jeong, all the other active duty soldiers who are bent on finding ways around garrison zone regulations and other military regulations to quench their youthful desires during their leave or vacation? This is not a persuasive stance.

Rather, the aspects of this controversy that should be regarded as really important are the issues of an individual’s privacy and ther public’s lack of sensitivity regarding the human rights of celebrity entertainers. If we are to be consistent with the logic that soldier ‘Jung Ji Hoon' should not be treated as an exception to the case of any other soldier, then it should also be accepted that the human rights of a celebrity entertainer must not be violated as an exception to the universal rights of any other citizen.

The relationship between ‘Jung Ji Hoon' and 'Kim Tae Hee' is an entirely private matter, and even though discussions about the two have proliferated in a space rife with all sorts of titillating rumors about others’ private lives, there is a limit that should be respected, and the two should be entitled to the protection of their privacy.

The progress of the relationship of ‘Jung Ji Hoon' and 'Kim Tae Hee' and whether they meet or part is not merely a constitutive property of the entertainment news media and the public ought not to be allowed to rip apart and expose their relationship; such a matter of privacy should not be violated.

For anyone who has suffered the hardships of active military duty, it is understandable that the idea of ‘Jung Ji Hoon' receiving "special privileged treatment"would arouse outrage. However, the crux of the matter is to whom this anger should be directed, and it appears that many people have completely misidentified the culprit. The real problem is not soldier Jung’s personal conduct but the policy of Korea’s Defense Ministry which has assigned a special status to celebrity entertainers within its enlistment system, and the benighted system which reflects the belief that the abuses of our outdated mandatory enlistment system can be just barely diluted in the public’s consciousness by generalizing from cases of such special treatment.

Also, we should reflect on whether our strong conviction that Jung should not receive privileged treatment is perhaps out of balance with our willingness to violate the universal human rights to which even celebrities ought to be entitled. In reaction to the double pressure of distorted practices of entertainment driven journalism and the undiscerning consumers of such journalism, the Defense Ministry is hurrying only to cover up the controversy in a manner that will deflect its own responsibilities.

In the movie "A Sweet Life," the character of 'Lee Byeong Heon' ,who is subject to a revenge for a reason he cannot fathom, finally shrieks out an appeal to 'Lee Byeong Heon' saying, "Why are you doing this to me? When all I’ve done is worked like a dog for you?" It seems that soldier 'Jung Ji Hoon' may feel just the same way at this moment.

Source : Media News http://www.mediaus.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=30765

English translation by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

J.lee2 said: It's hard to argue with  'korean netizen' , they will make a big deal out of it whether we like it or not because he is a celebrity soldier.They think it's unfair for the ordinary soldier who had served/serving the MS equally without special treatment such as long leave/ vacation like most of the rumored celebrity had.MS in Korea has always been an extremely sensitive social issue  >.<
IMO the best way to solve it is He & his Fans  should  just accept whatever punishment the Ministry will give and  he should make a public apology to clear his name, and his  fellow celebrity soldier's  dignity bec it's not just about him and his lovelife we are talking here but his & the rest of the celeb soldier's  reputation.
OT: Funny thing now is that... i had to check KTH's thread too to look for latest  news.LOL

Guest _fallen_

^not a Rain fan im more of a Kim Tae Hee fan but i really feel bad for the guy right now..glad that some media are standing up for him.. I hope he and KTH can weather all this trials now..

On the lighter note i think i will have to watch full house now ive long downloaded the series but never had the time to watch it :D

Rain to Face Disciplinary Committee Next Week

Source | 2013/01/04

photo271438.jpg

The Defense Ministry on Thursday said it confirmed that singer and actor Rain bunked off military duties to meet his girlfriend, actress Kim Tae-hee. The ministry said it considers this a violation of military regulations and will put him in front of a disciplinary committee.

Rain, who is serving in the Army entertainment corps, left his military base citing official duties on Nov. 23, Dec. 2 and 9 to work on a song for a military event at a recording studio in Gangnam. On all three occasions Rain met up with Kim between 9 and 10 p.m. after working on his music.

Kim apparently drove him back to his base in the ministry compound every time, and Rain reported back at around 10:30 p.m.

"It is true that there was contact on the way back", ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok said. "Contact for private purposes can be seen as a violation of regulations".

Rain has raised eyebrows by taking 94 days off base, or one-fifth of his 450 days of service so far, more than twice the number of average holidays enjoyed by other troops from 2009 to 2012, and that even before he has used the 28 days of regular holidays to which he is entitled.

They included 25 overnight stays at the studio. "We phoned his studio each time to confirm that he was sleeping there", a military official said. "To our knowledge, he did not sleep outside of the studio".

According to the spokesman, the ministry believes Rain committed only four violations -- failing to wear his military cap in public and meeting Kim on those three occasions. "An entertainment corps disciplinary committee will convene next week and take necessary steps", he said. He added that Rain is unlikely to serve time in jail but could have his holidays revoked.

The ministry said Rain admits his offenses and told his superiors that he would take time to "reflect upon his actions".

In response to the public outcry, the ministry has also decided to come up with a new set of rules that compel entertainment corps soldiers to be accompanied by senior officers when leaving their base and to return by 10 p.m. after practicing their routines.

"We will bolster measures so that the entertainment corps will not face any more criticism over special privileges", Kim said. "This will include steps to curb excessively long vacations".

Some critics are calling for the corps to be dismantled, but the military is not willing to go that far. "Entertainment corps members often work weekends and even use up their holidays to practice for military performances or to appear on Army broadcasts", said one official. "It definitely helps boost troops' morale, so it's better to strengthen rules than to dismantle it".

Source : english.chosun.com/si... ( English Korean )//hancinema