Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

***I miss hearing things about RAIN. He's happy and healthy, that's all that matters. Well, there’s about the army that makes the celebrity so much more human. Aside of course from less make up and odd hairstyles. Wahhhhh..................all celebrity-soldiers are gathering together to make this project soon. Can't wait for this. :lol:

******************************************************************************************************

[Eng.trans][info] Rain's upcoming project as part of a support group

English translation by 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

attached to the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence.

뮤직비디오와 광고(CF)를 제작하는 영상 전문 프로덕션으로

이번에 국방부에서 진행하는 큰 프로젝트의 총괄 대행을 맡았습니다.

국방부 국방홍보원 소속 홍보지원대원인

비, 이동건, 이완, 임주환, 김재욱, 김지석, 유건, 박효신, KCM, 유승찬, 미쓰라진 등

연예사병을 출연시켜 드라마 형식의 뮤직비디오를 제작합니다.

A company which specializes in producing music videos and commercial films, has been

asked to assume overall responsibility for a new project the Defense Ministry has

proposed and to go ahead with the project.

The company will feature a support group packed with Bi (Rain), Lee Dong Gun, Lee Wan,

Yim Joo Howan, Kim Jae Wook, Kim Ji Seok, Yu Gun, Park Hyo Shin, KCM, Yu Seung

Chan, Mithra Jin, etc. belonging to the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of

Defence, in a drama-style music video .

Credit to benamoo http://cafe.daum.net/benamoo

***His smile just helped make my day so much better. :sweatingbullets:

12-03-01 Mnet - enews_Rain in Military

cedit momorumii / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

2%281%29.jpg

***Ye, they're a couple but only in this ad. :sweatingbullets:

World star Rain and Han Ji Woo sitting on a bed together!

1330594293654.jpg

World star Rain was captured with actress Han Ji Woo.

Recently on an online community board, a picture titled ‘Friendly Rain and Han Ji Woo’ was uploaded.

Sitting on a bed and wearing white clothes, Rain and Han Ji Woo are smiling at each other. They look as if they are a couple.

This picture was captured during a commercial shoot for a Chinese cosmetics advertisement JYJQ.

Netizens commented: “You look good together.” “Han Ji Woo looks so innocent.” “Handsome and pretty.” “You’re so pretty.”

Source: Xportsnews / korea.com

*** His facial expression here & the way his looks are cute. Rain looks different with & without fringe (bangs). He looks younger and exudes charm when he has bangs then he looks more mature without bangs. I think the difference in hairstyle makes a contrast in his image. RAIN looks better with bangs. :sweatingbullets:

11-03-02 Rain Couang new event

source : couang //cap by ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

cooo.jpg

Rain March's Calendar

(By Ratoka) - rain-cloud.co.kr/

1.png

2.png

6 Movie Ninjas Who Can Kill in Silence.

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/movie-lists/6-movie-ninjas-who-can-kill-in-silence/

Credit : Stephe - rain-cloud.co.kr/

There's something to be said for the art of ninjitsu. For all of its nefarious cinematic applications, it's really beautiful in its own way. No one makes for a more deadly assassin, with their silent approaches and unseen exits. Enjoy the quiet with a few stoic assassins like these 6 movie ninjas who can kill in silence.

Snake Eyes, “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra”

Snake%20Eyes.jpg

The ultimate in silent killing machines, Snake Eyes is no chatterbox when it comes down to swordplay and death-dealing. Sure, you might argue that he can’t actually talk so killing in silence might be easier for him than most, but he’s the one with the swords so you might want to just let that argument lie. His duel with Storm Shadow at Cobra’s base is a lesson in adrenaline-fueled quickness and skill, making for a great dueling scene as well as a showcase of his killing abilities in "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra."

Elektra, “Elektra”

Elektra.jpg

It’s sad to see any character played by Jason Isaacs die when it’s not the last few minutes of the film, but at least his death was at the hands of a ninja in “Elektra." Sure she turns into a softie when tasked with killing the father of a girl she made friends with but she never turns away from her talent for killing. Watch the true silent killer at work as Elektra takes out the super villain Tattoo with a nice neck readjustment.

Raizo, “Ninja Assassin”

ninja%20assassin.jpg

Bred for the life but not the blind obedience, Raizo is raised as an assassin but never shakes off his humanity. “Ninja Assassin” throws action at you until you’re bloated on killing and then forces more down your throat until you’re looking for fat pants in your closet. Proving not only his capacity to kill with a minimum of noise but his cleanliness, Raizo takes out an assassin at the laundromat and puts the body in a washer. Pretty handy, no?

Joe Armstrong, “American Ninja”

american%20ninja.jpg

This is a beautiful piece of camp that is probably responsible, along with G.I. Joe, for more nunchaku, swords and ninja masks on Christmas lists than anything else. Beyond the ninja-fest that is “American Ninja” you need to watch this film from start to finish just for the terrible lines uttered by everyone involved. After a quick bout of archery practice with Armstrong as the target, Joe takes out a pair of ninjas with nary a word thus making for a true silent killer.

Mazasuka, “Ninja”

ninja-movie-poster.jpg

Finally, a ninja who just isn’t all sweet and fuzzy. Mazasuka is filled with jealousy, rage and a desire to inflict harm upon anyone who gets in his way. With a mixture of cheese and fun, the action in “Ninja” is worth checking out at least once, especially for those of you who enjoy B-Grade acting. Mazasuka’s killing of one of the men tasked to find his two ex-friends through the use of a gaudy necklace as a strangling aid is pure ninja delight1

Cole, “Enter the Ninja”

Enter%20the%20ninja.jpg

A white guy with a serious mustache in a white ninja suit is all you need to know about “Enter the Ninja." To ask for anything more from a movie would be ridiculous and honestly a bit ungrateful. Cole deals out death left and right with the slowest, and dumbest death in the scene with the white suited villain who takes so much time to die that you might just be able to do a quick bathroom break before the scene is over.

Rain Fugitive Collage

*quoted image*

credit:as tagged

anjjo, Ahhhhh............Fugitive................it wasn’t long before RAIN provoked so much laughter from me in Fugitive. :lol::D

Hi willenette, here's some collages of Rain in ALTK, which are really focused on him, later, I hope I can find more of him with Shin Minah. I love his acting in this drama, with depth and he was the epitome of masculinity in all the scenes - :wub::)

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Eng.trans]Excerpts from Rain's soldier mates' response to their

acquaintances' letters.

2012-02-28

5사단 열쇠부대 치면 연관 검색어로 치면 뭐가 나오는지 봐봐. 얘기하지 말라고 하셔서.

Do you happen to know which search word pops up immediately when you put the

keyword "열쇠부대 (unit Key)" in the search box?

I'll talk to you about this when I receive a certificate upon completion of my course of

training. Since we are ordered not to say anything about him (Rain) on the unit Key blog,

I can't bring myself to tell you the news.

참! 여기 5사단 열쇠부대에 비(정지훈)이 조교로 활동하고 있어. 멀리서밖에는 못봤는데 일단 후광 작렬이야.

완전 부럽. 나도 열심히 운동 좀 해야겠어.

Oops! Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) is serving as a teaching assistant in this unit Key attached to

the 5th Division. I just saw him from a distance, but he gave off an intense aura as if there

was a sort of halo of sanctity surrounding him. I really envy him. I'll work out hard like him.

밑층에 비가 조교로 있어 ㅋ 그래서 가끔 지나갈 때 봐.

Rain lives downstairs in my unit, and he serves as a teaching assistant..ke..So I can

sometimes see him whenever I pass by.

오늘 식당에서 비를 봤어. 잘생겼다! 키도 크고! 그래도 같은 사람인가봐~

식사를 아주 잘 하시더라구.

I saw Rain in the cafeteria today. Oh, he is very tall and handsome! It seems to be

obvious that he is no less a man than I am, though~ He was enjoying his meal very

much.

아직 조교는 아니지만 정지훈 조교님도 자주 봅니다.

I haven't been yet assigned to the teaching assistant team, but I see teaching assistant

'Jung Ji Hoon' (Rain) often these days.

가수비 있다 ㅋㅋㅋ 몇 번 봤는데 개 크고 개 잘 생김.

There is singer Rain in the unit where I serves..kekeke..I've seen him a couple of times.

He is tall and handsome.

여기서 가수 비를 봤어. 내가 급식당번인데 가수 비 김치 퍼줬다구.ㅋㅋㅋ. 나랑 별 차이 없더라..키랑 덩치랑 얼굴

빼면 별차이 없음..ㅋㅋㅋ

I saw singer Rain here. I gave me a helping of Kimchi when it was my turn to cook..

kekeke..There seemed to be little difference between him and me.

Excluding height, body, and face, there is little difference between him and me..kekeke.

나 오늘 '비‘(정지훈) 봤어요 비! 똑같이 생김. 등판이 장난이 아님.

I saw Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) today!! He looked as impressive in actuality as he did on TV.

He really looked awesome from the back.

내가 페북에 써달라는 거 뒤에다가 (좋은점은 비가 조교로 있다!) 라고 써줘 ㅋㅋ

Please post, "There is Rain who serves as a teaching assistant on the credit side", to the

message board of Face Book...keke..

일단 비도 우리 부대에 있었어.. 12중대 조교로 일하고 있는데 나는 10중대로 별로 마주칠 일이 없어서 지나가다

가 2번 봤지 ㅋㅋ 쓰다가 밥먹으러 나갔는데 또 봤엉 ㅋ

Rain serves in the same unit where I do. He serves as a teaching assistant attached to

the 12th Company, while I'm attached to the 10th Company, so we rarely run into each

other. But I saw him twice..keke..

Going to the cafeteria to eat meal while I was writing, I saw him again..ke..

어제 정지훈 이병을 바로 코앞에서 봤는데 걍군인이네요~~

I saw Rain at close quarters yesterday, and he was just a soldier~~

우리 훈련소에 비 있다.. 두 번 정도 봤어. 레알 그냥 눈 작고 키 큰 조교야.

Rain serves as a teaching assistant in the recruit training center where I'm trained.

I saw him a couple of times. He is tall and just a plain teaching assistant whose eyes are

small.

여기서 정지훈 (비) 조교로 있는데 키고 크고 생긴건 좀 잘 생겼더라

'Jung Ji Hoon' (Rain) serves in the same unit where I do, and he is really tall and

handsome.

Re-posted and edited by 프리지아님 (Freesia) @ benamoo

English translation by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

And...................Ijuksa...............just five minutes of watching RAIN in Ijuksa made my eyes light up. :lol:

About these soldiers' comments, we know that most of RAIN’s fans are made up of females, but there are a number of male fans as well. He's just so talented and he makes good music that's why even males like him. RAIN is just damn too irresistible even for the guys. Sometimes I wonder if they’re gay fans. Sorry, but sometimes I feel it’s kind of weird. A small kid is maybe alright – hehehe. He is popular with men and women of all ages. :lol:

***I posted here about his upcoming drama in MV format now that he's in a PR Dept. with other celebrities also there inside - I’m happy that he’s together now with other celebrities in this new Dept. Although he’s not close, doesn’t meet yet some of them but I’m sure they’ll be getting close there. :lol:

anjjo, Ahhhhh............Fugitive................it wasn’t long before RAIN provoked so much laughter from me in Fugitive. :lol::D

And...................Ijuksa...............just five minutes of watching RAIN in Ijuksa made my eyes light up. :lol:

Hi willenette, let's enjoy more of Rain's funny antics in Fugitive - :lol:

eef78097eda7f84bd4b83406b722445f.jpg

bae620549c0ad002b3508ad5a9534030.jpg

5206398935c4f43e1f70ab7ecb6a470b.jpg

and his unforgettable kissing scenes in Ijuksa :wub:

kiss8mx.jpg

kiss24ww.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Vid] Soar into the Sun Teaser

2012-03-03

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=321385&page=1&bbs=

CREDIT DC//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ha1dIiEOsg

3333.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

12-03-02 Soar Into The Sun clip in Samsung Smart Monitor CF

2012-03-03

CREDIT : DC//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

1111.jpg

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Vid] Soar into the Sun Teaser

2012-03-03

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=321385&page=1&bbs=

CREDIT DC//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ha1dIiEOsg

*quoted image*

--------------------------------------------------------------------

12-03-02 Soar Into The Sun clip in Samsung Smart Monitor CF

2012-03-03

CREDIT : DC//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting more captures both from his (2) dramas.....Finally..........I've seen again those passionate kissing scenes with SMA in Ijuksa.................How I loved that scene - hehehe. I like SMA. I'm happy to see some materials for his upcoming movie.....That teaser is quite long, huh? That Samsung Smart Monitor ad is really that smart for using some footages of the movie in their commercial. Love it! Very nice & cool! :sweatingbullets:

[Eng.trans] A little anecdote about what happened in a communal bath

for military soldiers.

2012-03-03

zzzzzzzz.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend serves at the same division as Rain, but they don't get assigned to the same

unit.

According to my friend, when he was trained in a recruit training center the last time, he

found Rain there.

Rain and he were trained in different places, but they took bathes in the same communal

bath. Coincidently, my friend washed himself all over right beside Rain.

Just then, Rain asked my friend to scrub off the dead skin on his (Rain's) back

and my friend did Rain a big favor.

Everywhere he went, my friend bragged about what he'd had a conversation with Rain

while scrubbing off the dead skin on Rain's back.

When my friend was even very loquacious about Rain's gorgeous body as if he rang his

own bell, I advised him, "Just do well yourself!"

Creidt to DC @ http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=321388&page=1&bbs=

English translation by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

c0047605_161859.jpg

Hi willenette, thanks so much for sharing the complete list of top 40 Korean celebrities in Korea. Earlier, I read only the partial list and I thought Rain is not included. I am not satisfied that he is only No. 13, but considering that he's now in his MS, I am already glad of the result. :lol:

Here's some training pictures of Rain in Berlin for the filming of NA, which was so difficult, making us remember how he earned his 0% fat body for the movie. :wub: . For the time being that we are waiting for Rain, I will try to post more pix of him in his different past acting projects - :)

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Source:RAIN Germany

Distributed by Warner Brothers

Picture by Jim Maidment

Jay-Rain-USA.com

I really suffered with Rain back then seeing him training so hard, but you can't help to admire his will and power to overcome a lot of things. I especially like the pictures of him in his training suit, working out.

***185cm tall? Really? I thought all along he's only 184cm, huh? Whatever..........RAIN is tall - hehehe. I'm sure these soldiers who start bonding with him will miss him when he gets out. RAIN will be completing his mandatory military service next year, July 10, 2013! Surely this day will be a delightful time for us fans who’ve waited two years. Even this early, I’m anticipating his discharge. :lol:

Soldiers Write Letters Home about Rain

by: xxxKrissKrossxxx on Feb 29, 2012

*quoted image*

Recently, various online community bulletin boards shared handwritten letters by Korean soldiers who served with popular singer Rain. In no time at all, the letters became quite the hot topic among netizens.

The soldier’s letters regarding Rain have been made public. The new recruits who had spent time training with Rain mentioned him in their letters. They had various things to say about the singer, but one common thing was that they couldn’t help but praise Rain.

“As a trainee, Ji Hoon hyung is a really kind and a nice neighbor, but outside he is a world star. Side by side, we worked together, had a meal together, and shared stories.”

“Ji Hoon hyung is just a soldier like the rest of us. But he is built better than most recruits. He is 185cm (6ft) tall.”

Netizens, who came across the letters written by the recruits, didn’t hesitate when they responded, “World star Rain, I knew you would be well adjusted to the military life hyung,” “Good to hear that Rain is just as friendly and hardworking out of the spotlight,” and “You must be entertaining the soldiers when you have a chance during downtime.”

Credit : soompi news

Hahahaha, no matter what, our Rain is a tall guy!

Thank you soooo much! I have never seen this one before. As willenette I think it is a shame that his face is covered but still it is a beautiful side shot of Rain.

[Eng.trans]What happened near a film set where Rain was filming a movie.

2012-03-04

스텝중 아는 사람이 있어

먼발치서나마 비느 영접하고파3박4일 조른끝에 촬영장소에 가게되었어

근데 혹시라도 비느에게 폐가 될까봐촬영장 가까이는 못가고 비느벤이 주차장에 있길래 비느보듯 만져보고 백밀러도 호호 불어 닦아주고혹시라도 비느체취라도 날까 싶어 코를 벌름거리고 있는데아 !!!!그런데~~~~바로 그 때~~~~~차문이 덜컹 열리는거야매니저들과 스타일 언냐들이 다 촬영 현장에 있길래당연 빈차라고 생각했는데!!!!!!내린 사람은 나름 아닌 비.느.님!!!!!!!!!.순간 스톱모션~~~~정적~~~얼마나 깜놀하고 민망하던지 눈만 껌벅이고 있는데비느가 먼저 "안녕하세요?" 하고 인사해주었어아 이사람아~~ 스탈 완전 무너진 이상황에 내가 안녕하겠냐고요"저 이상한 사람 아니고 팬인데요 왜 저기 안계시고.....""대본도 좀 보고 잠시 쉬려고....근데 구름???""네에 구름인데요"그랬더니 비느 씩 웃으며"아 그래요 고마워요"그러는거야

뭐가 고맙다는 것이었을까???ㅋㅋ

제정신을 차리고 가져간 간식을 내밀며"저 이거 가져 가서 드세요"" 고마워요 ^^"그때가 식사시간이 한참 지나서 배고플때라 그런지 비느 진심 조아라 하더라매니저가 왔는데도 손수 들고 가시더라는.....비느 긴다리로 성큼성큼 촬영장으로 가고 난 그자리서 정줄을 놔버렸더랬지뒤에 들은 말로는 촬영 내내 간식보따리 손에 꼭 쥐고 댕겼다더라....ㅋㅋ

I know someone who's in a camera team.

I had an opportunity to be on a film set after keeping asking the staff to watch Rain from

a distance though, but I was afraid that I would disturb Rain and I did not have the heart to

get near him (Rain).

I found Rain's car was in the parking lot, so I touched his car and breathed on his rear

view mirror and wiped it with the thought that I was seeing Rain.

Since I thought maybe I could sense his presence, I even took a deep sniff of the car.

Then, the door opened suddenly.

I thought the car would be empty, since there were his managers and stylists on the set,

but who should get out of the car but Rain himself!!! A stillness prevailed for a moment~~

~ Boy, was I embarrassed..

When I just blinked at him owlishly, uncertain what to do, he greeted me first, "Hello."

What with my joy and shyness, I was speechless for a while, but I nerved myself to start

to talk, "I'm not the kind of person to act weir. Why aren't you there right now?"

Rain said, "I tried to read the script and take a rest... Any way, are you a Cloud?"

"Yes, I am. I'm a Cloud." and he grinned, "Oh. Is that right? thank you."

What made him thank me??? keke..

Giving him some snacks I prepared, I told him, "I've bought some snacks for you.

Please eat them between meals." and he said, "Thanks a lot^^ "

It was almost mealtime and maybe he was hungry, so he surely was happy that he

received the snacks as he carried it himself even though there was his manger.

While he was walking with long steps towards the film set, I felt distraught, just stopping

there and rooting to the spot.

It later turned out he clutched the snacks in his hand as he filmed the movie..keke..

Credit to DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=321394&page=1&bbs=

English trasnaltion by 화니@http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=8368&board_id=b_08042315221786&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Date mentioned Q1 2012, if this is true, this movie will be released before March, 2012 ends, maybe third or last week. I hope this film will be a real box office hit. :)

Rain Soar into the Sun

2012-03-03

cap by ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

gg7.jpg

gg8.JPG

[special article] He's in the Army now, but not out of sight: Rain's commercial ads & projects shine on.

2012/03/03

photo225630.jpg

- Written by: Stephe Thornton, Cloud USA Managing Editor ^@@^

Earlier this month, on February 11, South Korean singer, actor, and mega-entertainer Rain (a.k.a. ROK Army Private First Class JiHoon Jung) completed four months of service in the Republic of Korea military. In those four months, he has established himself as a serious super soldier at one of the toughest training camps (near the DMZ), as more physically fit than recruits ten years his junior, and as a loyal squadron leader and top sharpshooter of the 5th Division. No one can say he has used his celebrity and taken the easy road when it comes to doing his duty for his country.

Rain has never taken the easy road at anything. He's always taken the one he knew was right, worked very hard, and weathered whatever storm it may have entailed.

According to the Defense Ministry, the latest on Private FC JiHoon is that, after earning a spot as an Assistant Training Officer back in mid-December (with his excellent marksmanship and superior physical accomplishments during basic training), he is now being transferred from the Infantry to the Defense Media Agency and will serve the remainder of his compulsory duty as a PR agent.

photo225628.jpg

Although he'd wanted to serve his entire two years as an Ordinary Joe, this is a good thing for several reasons. First, Rain's God-given stage talents won't have a chance to get rusty (as if that could ever really happen!). Second, with Shinhwa's Andy Lee and actor Lee Joon-ki recently discharged, and actor Kim Ji-seok-I, actor Lee Dong-geon, and actor Lee Wan approaching their discharge dates, the DEMA was about to be pretty short of capable acting recruits for radio, TV, and live programing and events for the troops. So, Rain handing in an application along with singer Kim SungWon, actor Kim Jae-wook, and actor Im Joo-hwan - and the four of them being chosen for the job-makes perfect sense.

Rain can instill morale with the best of them. Just ask the soldiers he's been serving with for the past four months. And he had to have felt bad at the possibility that some DEMA programs might be shut down without the proper entertainment help. Of course, he would decide to go where he was needed the most.

For his fans, it seems like forever since he enlisted at the Uijeongbu 306 Reserve Troops Station on October 11, 2011. The time is passing terribly slowly towards his July 2013 discharge date, but there are bright spots that continue to shine in Rain's temporary absence. Those bright spots are the projects he did in advance.

You see, Rain is a very smart cookie. So in addition to using the bulk of 2011 to bid us a fond farewell with his The BEST Rain Asia concert tour, Rain The Best Show Korea national tour, his live charity concerts for Japan, and Last of The Best free street concert in Kangnam-gu, as well as completing filming for his upcoming Korean summer blockbuster movie 비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이 ("Soar into the Sun"), the man bulked up on new sponsors in a major way. Which wasn't very hard to do, seeing as companies were practically beating his door down for a shot at pairing his name and face-and body-with their product. And who could blame them?

photo225627.jpg

From the time of his April 2002 career debut to the present, Rain has been a successful brand ambassador and model for top fashion, electronics, media corporations, and consumer products galore, in Korea and across Asia. CJ One, Nikon, Hyundai, KB Bank, LG, Pizza Hut, Pepsi, Samsung, Pantech, Clinic Clear, The City of Seoul, BMW, and AFLAC are only a few.

He has been a fashion plate for Louis Vuitton, Calvin Klein, Giordano, DOHC, André Kim, Jeremy Scott, and a slew of other designers. He has graced the covers of Esquire, Men's Uno, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan, ELLE, MovieWeek, Filmax, Kung-Fu, and well over one hundred other magazines, several times over. Photographers have said that when it comes to photo shoots, Rain always gives them exactly what they need. They never come away from a project lacking.

To name all of his affiliations would make this article more than a mile long. So we'll only mention some of them here, starting with his current product sponsors.

2011 - Present

J.VJQ Skincare (China). Rain joined forces with J.VJQ in March 2011 and became a new face for V•Onface for four years. This commercial spot began airing last month, in January 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SlxGL6lS-Lw

MENtholatum Skincare for Men (China). Rain also signed with Mentholatum China in March 2011, and before we knew it, the OcHyPo campaign (Oil. Control /Hydration /Power.UP) came out of the gate sizzling.

Haechandle (해찬들). Under parental giant and longtime sponsor CJ E&M. Any problem can be solved with red pepper paste!

VIPS, Korea's No. 1 Steakhouse (빕스). We love VIPS. We love steak.

Coupang (쿠팡) . South Korean social commerce firm Coupang is a massive buying service, one of Korea's largest, that offers just about anything a consumer would want to purchase, but at amazingly exclusive discounts daily. The CFs, starring Rain and Kim Tae-hee, hit the scene almost a full month after Rain's enlistment.

Adidas. Adidas went all in with Rain around the spring of 2011, and it was impressive indeed. Here are Rain and actor Yoo SeungHo ruling the winter and bringing the heat.

Anchor Ice Beer. For Hainan Asia Pacific Breweries, under the Heineken International umbrella. Drink up!

The Span of His Career

Luxury leather goods brand MCM was smart enough to jump onto the Rain train around 2009, and has been on board since. Renowned jeweler and watch manufacturer Cartier is another luxury brand that benefited from Rain as its spokesmodel, in 2010. One-stop shopping and hotel conglomerate Lotte Duty Free and Rain have had a most fruitful relationship that we've watched grow for years.

photo225626.jpg

For the two years that Rain was the face of the "back to nature" skincare line Nature Republic (March 2009 to March 2011), some of the most amazingly beautiful ads and commercial spots filmed on location in Australia and Jeju Island graced television, the Internet, and shops all over the world.

One of the longest affiliations Rain has had is with wireless telecommunications corporation SK Telecom. Their relationship has spanned the whole of his career, with one of the earliest commercials showing Rain dancing on the side of a very busy street in polka-dotted pants in 2002, and the latest one (shown below) filmed during the wee morning hours in the summer of 2010 in Yokohama, Japan.

For all the billions of won (₩, KRW) in phone sales racked up during Rain's reign, he should have free phone service for life, we say.

Waiting for Rain, with Rain

Even with world star Rain in the military for the next seventeen months, his fans are as active as ever and haven't slowed their support of him.

His official fan club The Cloud, based in South Korea, has become quite diverse with thousands of members in Korea, Japan, China, the U.S.A., Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Canada, the U.K., Mexico, the Philippines, Argentina, the United Arab Emirates, Peru, Singapore, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina, Denmark, Germany, Indonesia, Macao, Thailand, Vietnam, and Italy. Beyond The Cloud, Rain's extended nation of fans touches every continent, hundreds of countries, and isles in between-Micronesia, Malta, and the Faroe Islands, to name a few-and includes men, women, and children from every walk of life.

photo225625.jpg

The great thing is that this passionate fan base doesn't have to wither and go completely dry from lack of Rain as it waits for the man to return to civilian life. Thanks to the projects he left in his stead, every now and then, something new not yet seen pops up and surprises us. That is so like JiHoon Jung-always thinking ahead, always planning for the care and feeding of his family, dependents, fans, and career.

As Hollywood actor and Speed Racer star John Goodman told the Media about his South Korean cast mate in 2008, "He's so talented and he works so hard… He's like the hardest working man in show business…"

Dear John, we wholeheartedly agree.

We have Rain's past and present endeavors to back that up.

- Stephe @cloudusa.wordpress.com / CloudUSA.org

Images: courtesy of J.VJQ, Mentholatum China, MCM Worldwide, AllAdidas

Graduation image: credited to Jep8 @YShwarang, Key Unit Cafe @Daum

Additional Sources: 대한민국 국방부 (Republic of Korea Ministry of National Defense), eNews World, Star News

Videos credited as tagged

Source : cloudusa.wordpress.co... ( English Korean )

Re-posted from:http://www.hancinema.net/special-article-he-s-in-the-army-now-but-not-out-of-sight-rain-s-commercial-ads--projects-shine-on--39544.htm

Guest MeiChan-

AIGO.... T.T I rly luv him LOL he was fat in old days BUT nw noone can resist him -melt-

Oppa Hwaiting!!

Release Date mentioned Q1 2012, if this is true, this movie will be released before March, 2012 ends, maybe third or last week. I hope this film will be a real box office hit. :)

Rain Soar into the Sun

2012-03-03

cap by ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I had the same thought when seeing this on the movie thread. If it is released this month, I hope we see soon some trailers.

And yes, I hope so too it will be a blockbluster.

update [Fan act]12-03-04 Tweet about Rain

2012-03-04

credit: ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

Rain and Baegka in an Italian restaurant yesterday

*quoted image*

I didn't know that Rain is still on vacation. Until when is his vacation?

Nice reading some fan accounts after all about him, although I wish he was seen with someonelse than Baekga. :rolleyes:

[special article] He's in the Army now, but not out of sight: Rain's commercial ads & projects shine on.

2012/03/03

That is true and what can I say: luckily for us! ;) How horrible would that be to have nothing at all from him.

I had the same thought when seeing this on the movie thread. If it is released this month, I hope we see soon some trailers.

And yes, I hope so too it will be a blockbluster.

I didn't know that Rain is still on vacation. Until when is his vacation?

Nice reading some fan accounts after all about him, although I wish he was seen with someonelse than Baekga. :rolleyes:

That is true and what can I say: luckily for us! ;) How horrible would that be to have nothing at all from him.

Hi bbly, I know it is impossible for us to go to SK to watch the movie, but let's pray hard that Soar into the Sun will be a great success.

The tweets doesn't have any dates on it so the fan accounts might have happened during Rain's recent vacation which he spent sometime with his BFF as previously reported. :lol:

Clouds won't miss Rain so much, besides the ads, there's a huge photo materials of him, like these caps from FH - :wub:

c0047605_864159.jpg

c0047605_86830.jpg

c0047605_861398.jpg

c0047605_861957.jpg

c0047605_862571.jpg

and for dear willenette, caps of Rain's beautiful fingers from Fugitive -

2ccb92cc1c6f93a104188d0c1e97ee4f.jpg

f565766da6afee1ec759b20a0888edb0.jpg

d5fd7856f869b77455dae3e2a54ef207.jpg

ad73f9251700f11fb790dc60dce1c823.jpg

131a833f8fa3798fe8a293346e2399a4.jpg

e4438e3104dd353b1f846772cdc89e3a.jpg

and from Nature Republic -

d62be86d31e91b7dfd0d193be26333cf.jpg

Source:as tagged

-------------------------------------------------------------

[synopsis][spoiler-ish] Soar Into The Sun on KOBIZ.

2012-03-05

Here is the synopsis to Rain’s upcoming Korean blockbuster movie 비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이 (Soar into The Sun) on the Korean Film Biz Zone, the online film news site for KOBIZ, a government-supported (but self-run) affiliate of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. This is not really a movie spoiler, but a certain revelation could be seen as spoiler-ish to some, so if you don’t want to know anything more about the plot than you already do, skip it and watch the movie. KOBIZ had to have been given the nod to release this, so we’re bringing it to you.

(Shades of Top Gun: “Maverick” hotdogs himself into deep trouble, rule-breaker “Maverick” and by-the-book’er “Ice Man” clash and have no love for each other, “Maverick” is totally smitten with strong, capable female (we’re praying for the lovebirds to have some “Take My Breath Away” afternoon delight), beloved character bites the dust (a.k.a. Maverick’s “Goose” moment), the enemy makes a Big Move… So great! We love it!)

This is the BEST synopsis we’ve seen to date, and we’re doggone excited about this movie. Just don’t let “TaeHoon” soar into the sun, okay? Argh. We’re begging! :)

— written by Stephe @Cloud USA ^@@^

(caps by Cloud USA.)

kobizsoarsynopsis2_cusa1.jpg?w=497&h=297

kobizsoarsynopsis1_cusa1.jpg?w=497&h=267

credit:Stephe@rain-cloud.co.kr

2012/03/03

*quoted image*

Earlier this month, on February 11, South Korean singer, actor, and mega-entertainer Rain (a.k.a. ROK Army Private First Class JiHoon Jung) completed four months of service in the Republic of Korea military. In those four months, he has established himself as a serious super soldier at one of the toughest training camps (near the DMZ), as more physically fit than recruits ten years his junior, and as a loyal squadron leader and top sharpshooter of the 5th Division. No one can say he has used his celebrity and taken the easy road when it comes to doing his duty for his country.

Rain has never taken the easy road at anything. He's always taken the one he knew was right, worked very hard, and weathered whatever storm it may have entailed.

According to the Defense Ministry, the latest on Private FC JiHoon is that, after earning a spot as an Assistant Training Officer back in mid-December (with his excellent marksmanship and superior physical accomplishments during basic training), he is now being transferred from the Infantry to the Defense Media Agency and will serve the remainder of his compulsory duty as a PR agent.

*quoted image*

Although he'd wanted to serve his entire two years as an Ordinary Joe, this is a good thing for several reasons. First, Rain's God-given stage talents won't have a chance to get rusty (as if that could ever really happen!). Second, with Shinhwa's Andy Lee and actor Lee Joon-ki recently discharged, and actor Kim Ji-seok-I, actor Lee Dong-geon, and actor Lee Wan approaching their discharge dates, the DEMA was about to be pretty short of capable acting recruits for radio, TV, and live programing and events for the troops. So, Rain handing in an application along with singer Kim SungWon, actor Kim Jae-wook, and actor Im Joo-hwan - and the four of them being chosen for the job-makes perfect sense.

Rain can instill morale with the best of them. Just ask the soldiers he's been serving with for the past four months. And he had to have felt bad at the possibility that some DEMA programs might be shut down without the proper entertainment help. Of course, he would decide to go where he was needed the most.

For his fans, it seems like forever since he enlisted at the Uijeongbu 306 Reserve Troops Station on October 11, 2011. The time is passing terribly slowly towards his July 2013 discharge date, but there are bright spots that continue to shine in Rain's temporary absence. Those bright spots are the projects he did in advance.

You see, Rain is a very smart cookie. So in addition to using the bulk of 2011 to bid us a fond farewell with his The BEST Rain Asia concert tour, Rain The Best Show Korea national tour, his live charity concerts for Japan, and Last of The Best free street concert in Kangnam-gu, as well as completing filming for his upcoming Korean summer blockbuster movie 비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이 ("Soar into the Sun"), the man bulked up on new sponsors in a major way. Which wasn't very hard to do, seeing as companies were practically beating his door down for a shot at pairing his name and face-and body-with their product. And who could blame them?

*quoted image*

From the time of his April 2002 career debut to the present, Rain has been a successful brand ambassador and model for top fashion, electronics, media corporations, and consumer products galore, in Korea and across Asia. CJ One, Nikon, Hyundai, KB Bank, LG, Pizza Hut, Pepsi, Samsung, Pantech, Clinic Clear, The City of Seoul, BMW, and AFLAC are only a few.

He has been a fashion plate for Louis Vuitton, Calvin Klein, Giordano, DOHC, André Kim, Jeremy Scott, and a slew of other designers. He has graced the covers of Esquire, Men's Uno, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan, ELLE, MovieWeek, Filmax, Kung-Fu, and well over one hundred other magazines, several times over. Photographers have said that when it comes to photo shoots, Rain always gives them exactly what they need. They never come away from a project lacking.

To name all of his affiliations would make this article more than a mile long. So we'll only mention some of them here, starting with his current product sponsors.

2011 - Present

J.VJQ Skincare (China). Rain joined forces with J.VJQ in March 2011 and became a new face for V•Onface for four years. This commercial spot began airing last month, in January 2012.

MENtholatum Skincare for Men (China). Rain also signed with Mentholatum China in March 2011, and before we knew it, the OcHyPo campaign (Oil. Control /Hydration /Power.UP) came out of the gate sizzling.

Haechandle (해찬들). Under parental giant and longtime sponsor CJ E&M. Any problem can be solved with red pepper paste!

Coupang (쿠팡) . South Korean social commerce firm Coupang is a massive buying service, one of Korea's largest, that offers just about anything a consumer would want to purchase, but at amazingly exclusive discounts daily. The CFs, starring Rain and Kim Tae-hee, hit the scene almost a full month after Rain's enlistment.

Adidas. Adidas went all in with Rain around the spring of 2011, and it was impressive indeed. Here are Rain and actor Yoo SeungHo ruling the winter and bringing the heat.

Anchor Ice Beer. For Hainan Asia Pacific Breweries, under the Heineken International umbrella. Drink up!

The Span of His Career

Luxury leather goods brand MCM was smart enough to jump onto the Rain train around 2009, and has been on board since. Renowned jeweler and watch manufacturer Cartier is another luxury brand that benefited from Rain as its spokesmodel, in 2010. One-stop shopping and hotel conglomerate Lotte Duty Free and Rain have had a most fruitful relationship that we've watched grow for years.

*quoted image*

For the two years that Rain was the face of the "back to nature" skincare line Nature Republic (March 2009 to March 2011), some of the most amazingly beautiful ads and commercial spots filmed on location in Australia and Jeju Island graced television, the Internet, and shops all over the world.

One of the longest affiliations Rain has had is with wireless telecommunications corporation SK Telecom. Their relationship has spanned the whole of his career, with one of the earliest commercials showing Rain dancing on the side of a very busy street in polka-dotted pants in 2002, and the latest one (shown below) filmed during the wee morning hours in the summer of 2010 in Yokohama, Japan.

For all the billions of won (₩, KRW) in phone sales racked up during Rain's reign, he should have free phone service for life, we say.

Even with world star Rain in the military for the next seventeen months, his fans are as active as ever and haven't slowed their support of him.

His official fan club The Cloud, based in South Korea, has become quite diverse with thousands of members in Korea, Japan, China, the U.S.A., Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Canada, the U.K., Mexico, the Philippines, Argentina, the United Arab Emirates, Peru, Singapore, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina, Denmark, Germany, Indonesia, Macao, Thailand, Vietnam, and Italy. Beyond The Cloud, Rain's extended nation of fans touches every continent, hundreds of countries, and isles in between-Micronesia, Malta, and the Faroe Islands, to name a few-and includes men, women, and children from every walk of life.

*quoted image*

The great thing is that this passionate fan base doesn't have to wither and go completely dry from lack of Rain as it waits for the man to return to civilian life. Thanks to the projects he left in his stead, every now and then, something new not yet seen pops up and surprises us. That is so like JiHoon Jung-always thinking ahead, always planning for the care and feeding of his family, dependents, fans, and career.

As Hollywood actor and Speed Racer star John Goodman told the Media about his South Korean cast mate in 2008, "He's so talented and he works so hard… He's like the hardest working man in show business…"

Additional Sources: 대한민국 국방부 (Republic of Korea Ministry of National Defense), eNews World, Star News

Re-posted from:http://www.hancinema.net/special-article-he-s-in-the-army-now-but-not-out-of-sight-rain-s-commercial-ads--projects-shine-on--39544.htm

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing all these compilation of articles about RAIN. Really so good that even if he's in the army right now we still could get to see & read some news about him. :lol:

Hi bbly, I know it is impossible for us to go to SK to watch the movie, but let's pray hard that Soar into the Sun will be a great success.

The tweets doesn't have any dates on it so the fan accounts might have happened during Rain's recent vacation which he spent sometime with his BFF as previously reported. :lol:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Thanks dear for posting some of these captures from his drama & CF where we could get to see his slender & shapely fingers. About this fan account, I think you're right - this happened probably during his last vacation. :lol:

Rain Anchor Beer billboard

Credit as tagged / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

fffffff.jpg

12-03-04 Rain mentholatum billboard

credit as tagged // mentholatum weibo / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

men.jpg

[Eng.trans]Excerpts from Rain's soldier mates' response to their acquaintances' letters.

English translation by 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

-10중대 1소대 훈련병들 답장-

-The response of recruits in the 1st Platoon attached to the 10th Company -

내가 훈련받고 있는 곳에 비있다 ㅋㅋ 지금까지 두 번 정도 봤다.

There is Bi (Jung Ji Hoon) in the unit where I serves..keke..

I've seen him a couple of times.

비가 언제 떠날지 모르겠네 ㅠㅠ 요번에 다른 중대 수료하고서 연예병사로 빠진다고 언제 떠날지 모르겠어 ㅋㅋㅋ

난 코앞에서 비의 미소를 받기롱~

I don't know when Bi (Rain) is going to leave ㅠㅠ They say he'll transfer to a different department in which he will serve as an entertainment soldier.

He ever smiled at me right under my noise~

비는 중대가 틀려서 우리 훈련은 담당안하고 가끔씩 밥먹으러 나갈 때 봐,

근데 나는 딱한번 봤다..

Rain and I serve in different companies, so he isn't in charge of breaking in new recruits

including us, but sometimes my mates see him whenever they go for meals.

I just saw him once.

5사단 신교대에 비(정지훈) 있다.

There is Bi (Jung Ji Hoon) in a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division.

---------------------------

-10중대 3소대 훈련병들 답장-

-The response of recruits in the 3rd Platoon attached to the 10th Company -

나 그리고 비봤다 말도 했다..

I saw Bi (Rain) and even talked to him.

비 정지훈이 여기서 생활하고 있다

사진이랑 실물이랑 많이 다르긴 한데 참 훈남이다..

지금까지 세 번 봤는데 연예인이라고 별꺼 없는 것 같다..

오늘 날짜는 2월 25일이다..

Bi (Jung Ji Hoon) is serving here.

I think his picture is quite unlike him, but he is a man of great charm.

I've see him twice, and I think there is no great difference between celebrities like him and ordinary people. Today is February 25.

난 여기서 비도 보고 조교들도 착하고 좋아 ㅋㅋ

I see Bi (Rain) and teaching assistants here, and they are good-hearted guys...keke.

이곳에 월드스타 비가 있어요..밥먹고 나오면 정지훈이 족구하고 있어요 ㅋ

There is world star Bi (Jugn Ji Hoon or Rain) here. Oftentimes, I see 'Jung Ji Hoon' playing

foot volleyball when I come out of the cafeteria building after meal..ke..

우리 부대에 비있다..ㅋㅋ 열쇠부대에서 보고 싶으면 니도 입대해라

There is Bi in the same unit as me,,keke..If you want to see him in unit Key, you should

try to join the army for yourself.

나 비 (정지훈)하고 같은 건물에서 밥먹어. 신기해 악 ㅋ

I eat in the same building as Bi (Jung Ji Hoon).. Amazing! Wow! ke..

참 그리고 우리 부대에 정지훈이랑 써니힐 남자 있다..

둘 다 봤는데 정지훈은 실물 역시 진짜 쩔더라 ㅋ ㅋ

바로 코 앞에서 질리도록 보고 있다..

Ah!, there are Jung Ji Hoon and pop group SunnyHill's member in my unit.

I've seen both of them, and Rain looks as impressive in actuality as he does on TV..

keke..I've seen him too many times, before my very eyes.

비 밥먹을 때 정면으로 한번 제대로 봤었음..역시 연예인이긴 하더라..

I looked Rain straight in the face when he had a meal. He's just the celebrity.

-------------------

-12중대 3소대 훈련병들 답장-

-The response of recruits in the 3rd Platoon attached to the 12th Company -

비는 뭐 티비랑 비슷해 어깨 개넓음 ㅋ ㅋ

Rain looks as impressive in actuality as he does on TV.

He has very broad shoulders..keke..

비조교님은 사람 많이 오는 날은 모습 안보이시니까 절대 못볼 꺼고..

Since teaching assistant Bi (Rain) never lets it show when many visitors come to the unit,

you will never be able to see him.

Credit to Key unit cafe (blog)

Re-posted and edited by 프리지아님 @ 비나무 http://cafe.daum.net/benamoo

*** In Korea they have tradition called "White Days" on March 14th. That's when it's payback time, and the girls are expected to return the favour. They give chocolate, candy, etc to their BFs. This is mostly celebrated by single ladies. Japan also celebrates this… :lol:

12-03-05 Rain Coupang Sweet White Day event

source : coupang // cap by ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

1%281%29.jpg

Hi willenette, thanks so much for sharing the complete list of top 40 Korean celebrities in Korea. Earlier, I read only the partial list and I thought Rain is not included. I am not satisfied that he is only No. 13, but considering that he's now in his MS, I am already glad of the result. :lol:

anjjo, here are the criteria Forbes used last time, and I guess they’re still using this one: (there’s also a visibly underestimation of overseas popularity and recognition so I think Forbes is just showing its bias here-.) :D

1 – the most-searched names on South Korea’s Internet portals

2 – the celebs’ annual income and donations to charity

3 – number of endorsements

4 – mentions in Korean and international media

5 – the number of magazine cover appearances.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Gah, so much prettiness for the eyes to feast on...Thanks dear for posting them. :sweatingbullets:

Hahahaha, no matter what, our Rain is a tall guy!

Thank you soooo much! I have never seen this one before. As willenette I think it is a shame that his face is covered but still it is a beautiful side shot of Rain.

bbly, height seems like a big issue in anything. Every time I see group photos of celebrities, I looked at how tall they are but when I read an article mentioning about their heights I never really listened to who was shorter than who. It’s not just Korea; all over the world height is extremely important if you want to be considered truly beautiful. But what I’m trying to say is that maybe talent plays a bigger role then we realise. Every time we see pictures of our idol then we see him in person, we sometimes, gah…….he’s not that tall after all. Let’s not forget that most useful yet dishonest technique – “photoshop” - Maybe my interest comes from growing up in a society that favours height. Taller people especially girls only need don a little lipstick to be labelled sexy. Am I alone in thinking this? The 1st time I saw RAIN in person I loved what I see – I saw how tall he is! When you’re not tall the only compliments you’ve ever gotten is 'cute' and that’s about it.- hehehe. :lol:

update [Fan act]12-03-04 Tweet about Rain

2012-03-04

credit: ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

Rain and Baegka in an Italian restaurant yesterday

*quoted image*

anjjo, every time I read some message from Twitter I missed RAIN. Wondering why during his vacation leave, didn’t RAIN even go online & visit his Twitter, huh? He could have sent some tweet messages in case he wanted to. :unsure:

2012/03/03

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

2011 - Present

The Span of His Career

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, this is a great article about Rain. He is a good ambassador for his country. The truth is that Rain has earned his place with effort among the many artists in Korea. Rain had achieved great and amazing things in his 10 years of career for himself and his country. :lol:

Rain Soar into the Sun picture

source : http://twitpic.com/8sa5ym / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

3.jpg

Clouds won't miss Rain so much, besides the ads, there's a huge photo materials of him, like these caps from FH - :wub:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Unfortunately it is for us impossible to go to SK for the movie, so let's pray that it is loved and watched by all different of people not only Rain-fans.

Ok, thanks dear! So if there is no date, you are right it might have been during his last vacation.

Yes, Clouds won't "miss" Rain too much thanks to fans like you, willenette and all the other wonderful fans who keep on updating and writing about Rain. blush.gif

bbly, height seems like a big issue in anything. Every time I see group photos of celebrities, I looked at how tall they are but when I read an article mentioning about their heights I never really listened to who was shorter than who. It’s not just Korea; all over the world height is extremely important if you want to be considered truly beautiful. But what I’m trying to say is that maybe talent plays a bigger role then we realise. Every time we see pictures of our idol then we see him in person, we sometimes, gah…….he’s not that tall after all. Let’s not forget that most useful yet dishonest technique – “photoshop” - Maybe my interest comes from growing up in a society that favours height. Taller people especially girls only need don a little lipstick to be labelled sexy. Am I alone in thinking this? The 1st time I saw RAIN in person I loved what I see – I saw how tall he is! When you’re not tall the only compliments you’ve ever gotten is 'cute' and that’s about it.- hehehe. :lol:

That's funny as in my country people think of height not like that. Of course you shouldn't be too tall or too small. But usually, women who aren't tall are considered more attractive (except for models of course looool).

anjjo, here are the criteria Forbes used last time, and I guess they’re still using this one: (there’s also a visibly underestimation of overseas popularity and recognition so I think Forbes is just showing its bias here-.) :D

1 – the most-searched names on South Korea’s Internet portals

2 – the celebs’ annual income and donations to charity

3 – number of endorsements

4 – mentions in Korean and international media

5 – the number of magazine cover appearances.

anjjo, this is a great article about Rain. He is a good ambassador for his country. The truth is that Rain has earned his place with effort among the many artists in Korea. Rain had achieved great and amazing things in his 10 years of career for himself and his country. :lol:

Yes, Clouds won't "miss" Rain too much thanks to fans like you, willenette and all the other wonderful fans who keep on updating and writing about Rain. blush.gif

Thanks willenette, for this info. Knowing how the Korean showbiz press works, I believe only very few of its releases, very lucky are the stars with very good agencies and publicists. :unsure:

I agree with you, Rain's achievement today had been the fruits of his hard work, effort and talent. :wub: As of now even if he is in his enlistment, I think no Korean celebrity can equal what he had attained.

bbly, truly indeed, Rain is fortunate to have fans like all of US.. :D But then, let us not forget the sources of the updates which we share thru our posts, specially Ratoka, 화니, huhuhuhu, scorpiola, to name a few, all the sites focused on Rain, contributors at rain-cloud. co. kr (Clouds' official website) and all kpop links. Without their untiring endeavors to supply current news about Rain, we will terribly miss him. :) Thanks so much to them with all my gratitude and appreciation for their effort and for allowing us to re-post their searches about our beloved Rain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

110410 Rain @ Sepang F1

2012-03-06

credit as tagged//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

1%283%29.jpg

3%281%29.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A full House Collage

2bb5c3da649c869f161dee734aeda97a.jpg