Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Latest Photos of Rain from Military Posted Online

by: thunderstix on Feb 27, 2012

5d639a4f160a5c5012e7d53d0760d01c_large.jpg

Rain’s latest photos from the military have somehow made its way to online communities. In the photos, Rain is seen wearing a beret and the Korean military uniform, seeming slightly slimmer than he was at the time of his enlistment. In particular, his playful facial expressions and relaxed look have sparked the most interest from netizens, as he looks both cute and sexy at the same time.

Netizens who saw the photos commented, “Rain’s appearance is always in his prime,” “He’s in the army but he still looks like a celebrity,” “Your facial expression is too sweet.”

Meanwhile, Rain joined the Korean Army last October and has been stationed as the main instructor at the bootleg camp. He’s recently been relocated to the National Defense’s Promotion Unit as a star promotional soldier, where he’ll be in charge of organizing and running special events for the military.

760fea650d203f695a7b80a1c9aa47f1_large.jpg

Credit : soompi news

***I feel happy that he looks healthy. Stay strong, RAIN! :sweatingbullets:

RAIN Excels in His Military Training

20120227_1330330996.jpg

Photo's of Rain wearing military uniform and on his military service has been revealed! Recently, Rain's back up dancers visited him and took several photo's and were revealed online.

Rain known for his masculine body did not fall short on his military training too and he is also quite popular among the soldiers for his exceptional achievements as a soldier. It was revealed that Rain can complete 72 Push-ups, 82 Sit-ups in 2 minutes and can run 3 km in less than 12 minutes and 3 seconds.

Also, Rain is said to be promoted for his skills and excellent performance in his training. Netizens commented, "He looks so cool", "He was born superior", "I miss him performing in on stage", "He looks so manly", "He sure is one of the best military soldiers".

Source : http://news.nate.com/view/20120227n28956?mid=e0101 / dailykpopnews

[Feb-21-2012] Rain spends a quiet time during his first vacation.

*quoted image*

Singer and actor Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon) is belatedly known to have returned to

his unit after spending his holiday without telling anyone besides a few people he's

known.

During the phone call with Sports Hankook, an official from the military unit said,

"Pte 'Jung Ji Hoon' has returned to his unit after 9 days and 8 nights of his vacation."

and " He used his vacation time, both 5 days and 4 nights' vacation granted 100days

after his enlistment and part of a vacation as a reward. It adds up to 9 days and 8 nights'

vacation."

Rain spent a quiet time even without the knowledge of his agent during the vacation.

It has been confirmed he spent most of his time taking a rest with his acquaintances

such as his close friend 'Baegka', etc.

People are watching his every movement and the burden he feels might be quite heavy,

therefore, it has been confirmed that he was reluctant to go out during the vacation.

One of his own aides expressed, "He was just an ordinary private soldier sending his

vacation. He ate things he likes and spent a lot of time resting at home."

Rain enlisted last October 11th, was selected as an ultra warrior doing outstanding work

with an excellent physical strength, and he got a 7 day and 6 night reward vacation.

He received a citation signed by the divisional commander when the presentation of

certificates took place in a recruit training center, which attracted the attention.

He has served in a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division as a teaching

assistant.

Credit to Sports Hnakook http://news.nate.com/view/20120221n03305

English translation by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

anjjo, I just want to comment about the picture/the beret. Berets have been a component of the uniforms of many armed forces throughout the world it's just that it has some unusual colors. In Korea, berets are mostly limited to the elite units. Also wondering why the color he's wearing is "green" because this is for the "Marine Corps". He should be wearing the "black" one since he's in the "Army". I read before that as of 2006, there have been several proposals within the Korean Ministry of Defense to replace the cap with a dark-coloured beret as the standard army headgear. Maybe what he's wearing is the current beret now. :sweatingbullets:

12-02-24[Cloud Notice]★ The news that Rain's made the rank of private first class and his position has been changed.★

Posted by memo-rain on February 25, 2012

*quoted image*

Hi, we're 8th term Cloud executive board.

The Defense Ministry has confirmed on the 24th (today) that Rain's position has been changed.

[The news that Rain has been selected as an entertainment soldier for The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence]

The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, has finally picked singer Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon), …, …, and…. as entertainment soldiers.

The selected soldiers will do morale support activities for ordinary private soldiers and do

promotional work for the national defense.

(The Defense Ministry Twitter)

Therefore, his unit will be changed to the Force Service Support Group belonging to the

Defense Ministry in March, and the decision on which program he hosts in the department will also be confirmed in March.

★ As his unit has been changed, his address your letters and gifts are sent to will also be changed. Thus, when gifts for him get to unit Key (열쇠부대) after he leaves, they could be discarded without being delivered to him. So, please be patient till his new address is confirmed.

[The news that Rain's made the rank of private first class - Congratulations!!!]

It's normal for soldiers enlisted last October to gain advancement on March 1st, 5 months after their enlistment, but military officials say that Rain's been selected as an ultra warrior in a recruit training center, which is why he made the rank of private first class a month ahead of time (February 1st), contrary to other soldiers.

(The followings are extracts from the original article.)

Rain has been selected as an ultra warrior after passing a test by doing more than 72 pushups and 82 sit-ups in two minutes, and by clocking less than 12m 30s in 3km sprint.

[국방홍보원 홈페이지]

[The website of the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence]

http://www.dema.mil.kr/

- It's possible to watch and listen to the live coverage → You don’t need to be a

member.

- The method to enter for an event designed to deliver snacks to soldiers hosted by "Hard Tack & Astral Candy" (건빵과 별사탕) which is one of military radio programs.

(Airtime : 6:00pm~7:00pm)

1)Sending each of your stories via SMS # 0967 while radio personalities are on the air. (The extra fee for the service is ₩ 50)

2) Writing a story on its board (Users will have to have a personal login to write)

http://www.dema.mil.kr/web/home/starcandy?skin_type=S&menu_seq=1393&mod_id=board_1964&pseq=0

- Writing encouraging words to 'the support group' (홍보지원대원) helping do promotional work for the national defense.

( Users will have to have a personal login to write)

*quoted image*

[국방홍보원(홍보지원대)트위터]

[The twitter of the support group belonging to the Defense Ministry]

@demaclub

[위문열차 공식 트위터]

[The official twitter of "Train to Provide Comfort to Soldiers"(위문열차)]

@kfn_train

Under the name Cloud, we'll continue to do support activities for our artist Rain doing his best in everything.

Please give him your interest and support.

Thank you.

source : http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=4570&board...//http://memo-rain

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Feb-25-2012]Shouldn't Rain start his overseas tour by the military command?

Nothing's definite yet though.

*quoted image*

Singer Rain in the midst of his World Tour before his enlistment.

-Focusing on Rain-

The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, revealed on the 24th that

they picked singer Rain, music group 'The Untouchable's member 'Kim Sung Won',

actor 'Kim Jae Wook', and actor 'Im Joo Howan' as entertainment soldiers.

Rain who served in a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division as a teaching

assistant after his enlistment last October, asked the Publicity Department to allow the

change of his position, and then he passed the final interview on the afternoon of the

23rd.

The selected soldiers will start working on military TV and radio, and will visit each of army

bases to give a morale-boosting concert every week beginning March 1st. They are

expected to contribute minimizing a vacuum caused by the recent discharge of both

singer Andy (Lee Sun Ho) and actor Lee Joon Ki.

And now the Publicity Department are more likely to let world star Rain come to the

forefront of the publicity work - most probably they'll let him visit overseas armed forces

installations to help boost soldier morale, which attracts great attention.

Publicity department officials say, "A couple of concerts are scheduled to promote

friendship with foreign countries including Vietnam in early March this year."

And they added, "Nothing has been decided yet regarding whether Rain plans to attend

the event, schedule, location, etc. but I personally think he deserves to attend."

Meanwhile, Rain's seniors 'Kim Sung Won', 'Kim Jae Wook', and 'Im Joo Howan' who

have served in a military band belonging to the 28th Division, an engineering battalion

belonging to the 5th Division, and in a unit belonging to the 23rd Division, respectively,

will transfer to the The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence the way he

does.

Credit to Edaily http://news.nate.com/view/20120224n17623

***Rain will be relocated starting next month to a different department where television programming and radio broadcasts are provided in the military, which I'm sure he'll be comfortable being in. Such lucky soldiers to have joined RAIN performing on-stage soon. His relocation to PR Dept. is perfect for someone who is a super star like him. Rain, good luck! :lol:

[Pic]Rain with soldier in Military

Posted by ratoka@ memo-rain on February 27, 2012

*quoted image*

cr http://twitpic.com/8pdcit

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Eng.trans]Excerpts from Rain's soldier mates' response to their

acquaintances' letters.

2012-02-28

5사단 열쇠부대 치면 연관 검색어로 치면 뭐가 나오는지 봐봐. 얘기하지 말라고 하셔서.

Do you happen to know which search word pops up immediately when you put the

keyword "열쇠부대 (unit Key)" in the search box?

I'll talk to you about this when I receive a certificate upon completion of my course of

training. Since we are ordered not to say anything about him (Rain) on the unit Key blog,

I can't bring myself to tell you the news.

참! 여기 5사단 열쇠부대에 비(정지훈)이 조교로 활동하고 있어. 멀리서밖에는 못봤는데 일단 후광 작렬이야.

완전 부럽. 나도 열심히 운동 좀 해야겠어.

Oops! Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) is serving as a teaching assistant in this unit Key attached to

the 5th Division. I just saw him from a distance, but he gave off an intense aura as if there

was a sort of halo of sanctity surrounding him. I really envy him. I'll work out hard like him.

밑층에 비가 조교로 있어 ㅋ 그래서 가끔 지나갈 때 봐.

Rain lives downstairs in my unit, and he serves as a teaching assistant..ke..So I can

sometimes see him whenever I pass by.

오늘 식당에서 비를 봤어. 잘생겼다! 키도 크고! 그래도 같은 사람인가봐~

식사를 아주 잘 하시더라구.

I saw Rain in the cafeteria today. Oh, he is very tall and handsome! It seems to be

obvious that he is no less a man than I am, though~ He was enjoying his meal very

much.

아직 조교는 아니지만 정지훈 조교님도 자주 봅니다.

I haven't been yet assigned to the teaching assistant team, but I see teaching assistant

'Jung Ji Hoon' (Rain) often these days.

가수비 있다 ㅋㅋㅋ 몇 번 봤는데 개 크고 개 잘 생김.

There is singer Rain in the unit where I serves..kekeke..I've seen him a couple of times.

He is tall and handsome.

여기서 가수 비를 봤어. 내가 급식당번인데 가수 비 김치 퍼줬다구.ㅋㅋㅋ. 나랑 별 차이 없더라..키랑 덩치랑 얼굴

빼면 별차이 없음..ㅋㅋㅋ

I saw singer Rain here. I gave me a helping of Kimchi when it was my turn to cook..

kekeke..There seemed to be little difference between him and me.

Excluding height, body, and face, there is little difference between him and me..kekeke.

나 오늘 '비‘(정지훈) 봤어요 비! 똑같이 생김. 등판이 장난이 아님.

I saw Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) today!! He looked as impressive in actuality as he did on TV.

He really looked awesome from the back.

내가 페북에 써달라는 거 뒤에다가 (좋은점은 비가 조교로 있다!) 라고 써줘 ㅋㅋ

Please post, "There is Rain who serves as a teaching assistant on the credit side", to the

message board of Face Book...keke..

일단 비도 우리 부대에 있었어.. 12중대 조교로 일하고 있는데 나는 10중대로 별로 마주칠 일이 없어서 지나가다

가 2번 봤지 ㅋㅋ 쓰다가 밥먹으러 나갔는데 또 봤엉 ㅋ

Rain serves in the same unit where I do. He serves as a teaching assistant attached to

the 12th Company, while I'm attached to the 10th Company, so we rarely run into each

other. But I saw him twice..keke..

Going to the cafeteria to eat meal while I was writing, I saw him again..ke..

어제 정지훈 이병을 바로 코앞에서 봤는데 걍군인이네요~~

I saw Rain at close quarters yesterday, and he was just a soldier~~

우리 훈련소에 비 있다.. 두 번 정도 봤어. 레알 그냥 눈 작고 키 큰 조교야.

Rain serves as a teaching assistant in the recruit training center where I'm trained.

I saw him a couple of times. He is tall and just a plain teaching assistant whose eyes are

small.

여기서 정지훈 (비) 조교로 있는데 키고 크고 생긴건 좀 잘 생겼더라

'Jung Ji Hoon' (Rain) serves in the same unit where I do, and he is really tall and

handsome.

Re-posted and edited by 프리지아님 (Freesia) @ benamoo

*** What do you think? Does RAIN could pull off the military look? RAIN’s playful facial expressions had sparked the most interest from netizens, as he looks both cute and sexy at the same time in this picture. The middle picture is speechless – what a cutie hehehe. Ye, Rain’s appearance is always in his prime, he’s always adorable. I feel happy that he looks healthy.

I anxiously await your return, RAIN! I miss you! :sweatingbullets:

About the comments of these soldiers, RAIN is also quite popular among the soldiers for his exceptional achievements as a soldier. :lol:

***I'm thinking about his JVJQ CF............When you see those still cuts & you don’t know that those captures are from his CF you’d think this is a drama. :sweatingbullets:

Hi willenette & bbly, looking at the poster above of the movie "Soar Into the Sun, posted by jinijung, we can surmise that this seems to be an official international one as it is done in English. More so, it is noticeable and it is indicated below the phrase "Theatrical Release Spring 2012". I think its producer CJ E&M had changed its former plan and move its release to an earlier date by spring which could be by this coming March (last 2 weeks) to May 2012. All I can say is let's wait and see :lol: or maybe Rain's new position as an entertainment soldier has something to do with it, since he can promote (?) the movie already. :)

You are totally right, dear! I totally missed that fact. The poster is in English. I am sure that CJ is planning something international with the movie.

Hi bbly, about his recent picture, I think he gained back his weight compared from the those ones we saw during the Graduation Ceremony. And of course, I love it more. :sweatingbullets:

I love his chubby cheeks so much more too than seeing him all skinny. blush.gif

Hi willenette, here's some collages of Rain in ALTK, which are really focused on him, later, I hope I can find more of him with Shin Minah. I love his acting in this drama, with depth and he was the epitome of masculinity in all the scenes - :wub::)

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

credit:as tagged

---------------------------------------------------------------

*quoted image*

I wrote this once here: I love Rain's acting in ALTK, his potrayal of Kang Bok-goo, his manly image but the ending and some points in the story in the last episodes just didn't make sense to me and the ending really depressed me. And that makes me feel bad as Rain's acting is A+++++ here. Just look at his face!!! I still remember with goose bumps the scene in the hospital where he cries sitting beside his brother admitting what he did to Eun-suk and admits his feelings for her. A heart-wrenching scene!

That picture looks toooo cute, thanks for sharing!!!

[27-Feb-12][KpopStarz]Rain seems to be enjoying his time serving in the military

2012-02-29

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/5611/20120227/rain-military-time-serving-bi-fun.htm

Rain seems to be enjoying his time serving in the military

9007.jpg

Singer Rain's photos during his time in the army is catching a lot of attention.

Recently a photo of Rain in the military was posted online.

In the revealed photo, Rain is smiling cutely while wearing his uniform. In another photo, he is posing cutely with a finger held up to his lips.

Netizens who saw the photos commented "so cute yet manly", "he looks happy", "he looks really cute in the uniform", and etc...

Photo Credit: Online Community

credit: scorpiola@rain-cloud.co.kr

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Remembering Rain in his first Hollywood Movie Speedracer

c0047605_961822.jpg

c0047605_962669.jpg

c0047605_995222.jpg

c0047605_96924.jpg

c0047605_7595943.jpg

c0047605_11265021.jpg

c0047605_153946.jpg

c0047605_6461392.jpg

Fanart Rain picture

source : https://twitter.com/#!/82rain/status/174689123238555648/photo/1 / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

1%288%29.JPG

2%288%29.JPG

[Eng Trans]12-02-24 KFN TV - Rain Changes to Entertainment soldier

Translated by : 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

Cr-ratoka-rain-cloud.co.kr/

[English translation]

~0:14

The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, have revealed that they've picked 4 soldiers, including first-class private 'Jung Ji Hoon' known on the stage as Bi (Rain), as a support group to help do promotional work for the national defense.

0:17~0:26

Pop group Untouchable's member 'Kim Sung Won', actor 'Kim Jae Wook', and actor 'Im Joo Howan', including Bi (Rain), have been picked as a support group to help do promotional work for the national defense.

0:27~0:30

They underwent an oral test and took the performance test on the 23rd after passing through the documentation.

0:31~0:39

They've been finally selected after being approved by the Defense Ministry, and they'll transfer to the support team attached to the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, beginning next month.

0:40~

Then, they'll start working on military TV and radio, and will help do promotional work for the national defense, visiting each of army bases to give a morale-boosting concert, etc.

Top 40 Korean Celebrities of Korea Forbes Magazine

Finally, Korea Forbes Magazine made the ranks of top 40 Korean celebrities in Korea. How Korea Forbes magazine made it?

Well, they collected the data of celebrities the most browsed on portal site. From there, Korea Forbes magazine decide top 100 Korean celebrities that ever showed in many variety shows, drama, film, and sports.

Then, Korea Forbes magazine check the income of those celebrities. They calculate it until they got top 40 Korean celebrities of Korea Forbes Magazine.

Do you want to know who are they? Check this one out.

1. Girls’ Generation (Singer)

2. Park Jisung (football player)

3. Kim Yuna (Ice Skater)

4. Lee Seunggi (Singer)

5. 2PM (Singer)

6. Yoo Jaesuk (MC)

7. Lee Chungyong (football player)

8. 2AM (Singer)

9. Chu Shinsoo (baseball player)

10. Kang Hodong (MC)

11. Lee Hyori (Singer)

12. Yoon Siyoon (Actor)

13. Rain (Singer)

14. Park Chuyoung (football player)

15. Shin Mina (Actress)

16. Super Junior (Singer)

17. Wonbin (Actor)

18. Hwang Jungeum (Actress)

19. Kim Hyesu (Actress)

20. Go Hyunjung (Actress)

21. Dongwon Kang (Actor)

22. Lee Daeho (baseball player)

23. Park Taehwan (Swimmer)

24. Lee Nayoung (Actress)

25. Donggun Jang (Actor)

26. Shin Sekyung (Actress)

27. Lee Kyungkyu (MC)

28. Big Bang (Singer)

29. Lee Minjung (Actress)

30. Kyungjoo Choi (golfer)

31. 2NE1 (Singer)

32. Hyunbin (Actor)

33. Bae Yongjoon (Actor)

34. Moon Geunyoung (Actress)

35. Lee Minho (Actor)

36. Han Hyojoo (Actress)

37. Kim Taehee (Actress)

38. Park Chanho (baseball player)

39. Park Myungsoo (MC)

40. BEAST (Singer)

Forbes Magazine is the magazine for the famous people. The people who can show in the Forbes magazine is really famous and not all of the people can emerge within.

Credit : http://www.asianstarnow.info/top-40-korean-celebrities-korea-forbes-magazine/71/?replytocom=21

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, when I saw your post I remember also NA.............How I missed that Hollywood movie of RAIN played as the leading character in that film. Look at that long hair - it was the same hair that we used to see in NA. The only difference is the "wild hair" he had in that movie. Wild hair means he’s a badass. And it means you better get out of his way because he’s on a mission. Either that or it just looks cool. The wild hair means he doesn’t care about wearing those awesome hats anymore – hehehe. :lol:

In case you find time again, please post some NA captures here............. :D

Stars born in 1982 take over

20120229_1330475109.jpg

The beauty and looks of celebrities born in the year 1982 have become an issue.

Several pictures of celebrities appeared online recently with the title "The best stars born in 1982, Year of the Dog".

In the pictures are Han Ga-in, Song Hye-kyo, Son Ye-jin, Lee Joon-ki, Lee Min-jeong, Hyeon Bin, Rain and many more who were born in the year 1982.

It seems that the one other thing they have in common besides the fact that they are actors and actresses, is that they are all very handsome and pretty.

Those who have seen this say, "The 1982's stars are the best", "It seems like their fame will go one for a while", "All of them are good looking" and more.

Han Ga-in is currently in the MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon" and Lee Joon-ki is looking forward to coming back to screens with a movie soon. Hyeon Bin and Rain are currently in military service but they were very well known for their varied performances before that.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Although the movie wasn't my case at all and I didn't like Rain's hair during the promotions, still I feel so proud of him as this was his first breakthrough into the US market as an actor.

Fanart Rain picture

source : https://twitter.com/#!/82rain/status/174689123238555648/photo/1 / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

[Eng Trans]12-02-24 KFN TV - Rain Changes to Entertainment soldier

Translated by : 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

Cr-ratoka-rain-cloud.co.kr/

[English translation]

~0:14

The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, have revealed that they've picked 4 soldiers, including first-class private 'Jung Ji Hoon' known on the stage as Bi (Rain), as a support group to help do promotional work for the national defense.

0:17~0:26

Pop group Untouchable's member 'Kim Sung Won', actor 'Kim Jae Wook', and actor 'Im Joo Howan', including Bi (Rain), have been picked as a support group to help do promotional work for the national defense.

0:27~0:30

They underwent an oral test and took the performance test on the 23rd after passing through the documentation.

0:31~0:39

They've been finally selected after being approved by the Defense Ministry, and they'll transfer to the support team attached to the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, beginning next month.

0:40~

Then, they'll start working on military TV and radio, and will help do promotional work for the national defense, visiting each of army bases to give a morale-boosting concert, etc.

Thanks for sharing the clip and the translation!

Stars born in 1982 take over

*quoted image*

The beauty and looks of celebrities born in the year 1982 have become an issue.

Several pictures of celebrities appeared online recently with the title "The best stars born in 1982, Year of the Dog".

In the pictures are Han Ga-in, Song Hye-kyo, Son Ye-jin, Lee Joon-ki, Lee Min-jeong, Hyeon Bin, Rain and many more who were born in the year 1982.

It seems that the one other thing they have in common besides the fact that they are actors and actresses, is that they are all very handsome and pretty.

Those who have seen this say, "The 1982's stars are the best", "It seems like their fame will go one for a while", "All of them are good looking" and more.

Han Ga-in is currently in the MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon" and Lee Joon-ki is looking forward to coming back to screens with a movie soon. Hyeon Bin and Rain are currently in military service but they were very well known for their varied performances before that.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

I thought that SHK was born in 1981. Anyway, I hope that at least for our Rain the success continues.

Top 40 Korean Celebrities of Korea Forbes Magazine

Finally, Korea Forbes Magazine made the ranks of top 40 Korean celebrities in Korea. How Korea Forbes magazine made it?

Well, they collected the data of celebrities the most browsed on portal site. From there, Korea Forbes magazine decide top 100 Korean celebrities that ever showed in many variety shows, drama, film, and sports.

Then, Korea Forbes magazine check the income of those celebrities. They calculate it until they got top 40 Korean celebrities of Korea Forbes Magazine.

Do you want to know who are they? Check this one out.

1. Girls’ Generation (Singer)

2. Park Jisung (football player)

3. Kim Yuna (Ice Skater)

4. Lee Seunggi (Singer)

5. 2PM (Singer)

6. Yoo Jaesuk (MC)

7. Lee Chungyong (football player)

8. 2AM (Singer)

9. Chu Shinsoo (baseball player)

10. Kang Hodong (MC)

11. Lee Hyori (Singer)

12. Yoon Siyoon (Actor)

13. Rain (Singer)

14. Park Chuyoung (football player)

15. Shin Mina (Actress)

16. Super Junior (Singer)

17. Wonbin (Actor)

18. Hwang Jungeum (Actress)

19. Kim Hyesu (Actress)

20. Go Hyunjung (Actress)

21. Dongwon Kang (Actor)

22. Lee Daeho (baseball player)

23. Park Taehwan (Swimmer)

24. Lee Nayoung (Actress)

25. Donggun Jang (Actor)

26. Shin Sekyung (Actress)

27. Lee Kyungkyu (MC)

28. Big Bang (Singer)

29. Lee Minjung (Actress)

30. Kyungjoo Choi (golfer)

31. 2NE1 (Singer)

32. Hyunbin (Actor)

33. Bae Yongjoon (Actor)

34. Moon Geunyoung (Actress)

35. Lee Minho (Actor)

36. Han Hyojoo (Actress)

37. Kim Taehee (Actress)

38. Park Chanho (baseball player)

39. Park Myungsoo (MC)

40. BEAST (Singer)

Forbes Magazine is the magazine for the famous people. The people who can show in the Forbes magazine is really famous and not all of the people can emerge within.

Credit : http://www.asianstarnow.info/top-40-korean-celebrities-korea-forbes-magazine/71/?replytocom=21

anjjo, when I saw your post I remember also NA.............How I missed that Hollywood movie of RAIN played as the leading character in that film. Look at that long hair - it was the same hair that we used to see in NA. The only difference is the "wild hair" he had in that movie. Wild hair means he’s a badass. And it means you better get out of his way because he’s on a mission. Either that or it just looks cool. The wild hair means he doesn’t care about wearing those awesome hats anymore – hehehe. :lol:

In case you find time again, please post some NA captures here............. :D

Hi willenette, thanks so much for sharing the complete list of top 40 Korean celebrities in Korea. Earlier, I read only the partial list and I thought Rain is not included. I am not satisfied that he is only No. 13, but considering that he's now in his MS, I am already glad of the result. :lol:

Here's some training pictures of Rain in Berlin for the filming of NA, which was so difficult, making us remember how he earned his 0% fat body for the movie. :wub: . For the time being that we are waiting for Rain, I will try to post more pix of him in his different past acting projects - :)

00000007.jpg

4823d12749808&filename=10.jpg

00000014.jpg

00000013.jpg

00000012.jpg

00000011.jpg

00000010.jpg

00000009.jpg

00000016.jpg

00000008.jpg

ljq84.jpg

ercw5.jpg

20080513_1b5434bab8bdf7003773mipxmr3oupyf.jpg

Source:RAIN Germany

Distributed by Warner Brothers

Picture by Jim Maidment

Jay-Rain-USA.com

Although the movie wasn't my case at all and I didn't like Rain's hair during the promotions, still I feel so proud of him as this was his first breakthrough into the US market as an actor.

Thanks for sharing the clip and the translation!

I thought that SHK was born in 1981. Anyway, I hope that at least for our Rain the success continues.

Hi bbly, about SHK, he's also 82rs...........she's older from RAIN by just months.................... :lol:

Hi willenette, thanks so much for sharing the complete list of top 40 Korean celebrities in Korea. Earlier, I read only the partial list and I thought Rain is not included. I am not satisfied that he is only No. 13, but considering that he's now in his MS, I am already glad of the result. :lol:

Here's some training pictures of Rain in Berlin for the filming of NA, which was so difficult, making us remember how he earned his 0% fat body for the movie. :wub: . For the time being that we are waiting for Rain, I will try to post more pix of him in his different past acting projects - :)

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Source:RAIN Germany

Distributed by Warner Brothers

Picture by Jim Maidment

Jay-Rain-USA.com

Hi anjjo, about the Forbes Top 40, I wonder is it accurate? I don't think it is. Maybe Forbes shows its bias. Last year, Girls Generation knocked figure skater Kim Yuna off the #1 spot, and this year they retain it. I was a little disappointed in the list, but at the same time I was surprised also. Like I was searching for Se7en's name there - The way that the fickle Kpop industry works is, "out of sight out of mind". Remember that he stayed in US for a period of time. My first thought when I see the list is: RAIN should rank higher! B2ast had a great year, but didn't earn that much money or showed up anywhere enough to be higher than some below them. I've seen the reality of K-pop artist who needed to sell their tickets free everywhere in order to fill up seats and everything. JYJ are lucky that they are doing well in dramas and musical but they're in the list. Suju's rank is not surprising. The reason they are placed at 16 is because they don't do CFs in Korea, unlike the people/groups above them. This list is really just a popularity/income ranking of celebrities in Korea. :lol:

Thanks dear for posting some captures here of NA. I really appreciate your effort to always somehow grant my request. Mwahhhhh..... :lol:

***185cm tall? Really? I thought all along he's only 184cm, huh? Whatever..........RAIN is tall - hehehe. I'm sure these soldiers who start bonding with him will miss him when he gets out. RAIN will be completing his mandatory military service next year, July 10, 2013! Surely this day will be a delightful time for us fans who’ve waited two years. Even this early, I’m anticipating his discharge. :lol:

Soldiers Write Letters Home about Rain

by: xxxKrissKrossxxx on Feb 29, 2012

92fd8db8698d92a7735b5b7953b5c01a_large.jpg

Recently, various online community bulletin boards shared handwritten letters by Korean soldiers who served with popular singer Rain. In no time at all, the letters became quite the hot topic among netizens.

The soldier’s letters regarding Rain have been made public. The new recruits who had spent time training with Rain mentioned him in their letters. They had various things to say about the singer, but one common thing was that they couldn’t help but praise Rain.

“As a trainee, Ji Hoon hyung is a really kind and a nice neighbor, but outside he is a world star. Side by side, we worked together, had a meal together, and shared stories.”

“Ji Hoon hyung is just a soldier like the rest of us. But he is built better than most recruits. He is 185cm (6ft) tall.”

Netizens, who came across the letters written by the recruits, didn’t hesitate when they responded, “World star Rain, I knew you would be well adjusted to the military life hyung,” “Good to hear that Rain is just as friendly and hardworking out of the spotlight,” and “You must be entertaining the soldiers when you have a chance during downtime.”

Credit : soompi news

Duth_Lady, thanks for posting this photo here. You know, my 1st time to see this picture, you're so sweet. Such a cute side profile although the face is a bit covered by his hand. What a cute pose as well. :lol:

Soldiers share their thoughts about RAIN

10724-m1f98uw6sp.jpg

Rain who is currently doing his mandatory military service has been receiving a lot of compliments from the other Korean soldiers who served with him.

Some letters written by the soldiers regarding Rain have been shared on various online websites. The letters became a hot topic among netizens recently. The soldiers have been praising Rain in their letters for his good and respected attitude in the army.

“Ji Hoon hyung is a really kind and nice neighbor, but outside he is a world star. During the training, we worked together, had meal together, and shared stories”, “Ji Hoon hyung is just a soldier like the rest of us but he is built better than most recruits”

cr: soompi / gokpop

Glad to hear that Rain is doing really well and being a respected sunbae in the army!

Rain Fugitive Collage

*quoted image*

anjjo, I’ve seen so many RAIN’s collages but never yet any of his hand collages. Have you seen one? RAIN has beautiful, slim hands. I hope someone in his kind soul could make collages soon or in case you find one please share them here. The clear skin complexion of his hands is as beautiful as his flawless skin.... Gosh…….that time I was able to shake his hand IDK why I felt so shy to look at it. This man lacks absolutely nothing. He’s just a totally pretty package. Wahhhhh…..forget the hands, I want to live with a body like RAIN - hehehe. Gotta give credit where is due, dear. :sweatingbullets:

12-02-25 [Cloud Notice]Receipts and expense accounts for the food support event for Rain in celebration of Valentine's Day.

Posted by memo-rain on February 25, 2012

Receipts and expense accounts for the food support event for Rain in celebration of Valentine's Day.

-카드, 포장재료 영수증_솔라씨 3통 영수증 :

Receipts for cards and packing materials_Receipts for three boxes of Solar Seeds.

-하트솔라씨, 수제초코릿재료_우체국영수증:

Receipts for heart-shaped Solar Seeds and the ingredients to make chocolates_Post office receipts.

-페레로로쉐 영수증_포장재료 영수증 :

Receipt for Ferrero Rocher_Receipts for packing materials.

-간식영수증_아티제영수증_선임초코렛영수증

Receipt for snacks_Atisee Receipt_Receipts for chocolates for his senior soldiers.

source : http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=4571&board...

repost by ratoka @ memo-rain

*quoted image*

I'm really so proud of Clouds. The name Cloud & the official colour "silver" are really suited to RAIN. – because “Behind every Cloud is a silver lining” - Silver/Grey symbolizes security, reliability, & intelligence. RAIN is secured every time his Cloud is with him, he could always rely on them, Cloud always know what to do for RAIN. Well, talking about colour, all fanclubs in Korea have their own color, I'm sure you know this. – JYP Entertainment released the official 2PM lightstick, where you don’t get one colour but many colours. It’s beautiful, it’s like rainbow. SE7EN has distinct 7-shaped lightsticks. Do you think the hype about a colour worthwhile to a fandom? You know, when it comes to RAIN’s concerts, I really love looking at those lightsticks. It looks so awesome yet so intimidating whenever RAIN fills up a venue. :lol:

*quoted image*

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Se7en confirms that Boom was as popular as Rain in his high school years

February 27, 2012

*quoted image*

Boom and Anyang Arts High School alumnus Se7en revealed, “Boom was as popular as Rain when we were in high school.”

On SBS Power FM’s Boom’s Young Street Radio Show that aired on February 24 on 107.7MHz, DJ Boom asked Se7en, “What do you remember about me in my high school years?” Se7en responded, “Charismatic violet hair covered by a wig.”

He said so because at that time, Boom was two years senior to Se7en and participated in the group ‘Nuclear’ at that time. He dyed his hair violet so he had to cover his hair up with a wig when he came to school.

Boom requested, “Please tell honestly how popular I was at that time.” Se7en replied, “There were only two people who were popular among my friends, especially girls. Those two were Lee Min Ho (a.k.a. Boom) and Jung Ji Hoon (a.k.a. Rain). Their popularity was split exactly down the middle, it was neck and neck.”

Se7en gave a good laugh by saying, “However, Boom’s popularity lasted for only a year when the group ‘Nuclear’ was disbanded.”

Boom’s Young Street airs every night at 8 on 107.7MHz SBS Power FM.

* Source: TV Report//en.korea.com

Every time I look at this pictures of him now I feel happy because I could see he's well-adjusted now with military life. Unlike that day he was enlisted I could see sadness in his eyes. I’m sure that time when he was enlisted RAIN didn’t want his entrance into service to attract attention, and wanted to go carry out his duty quietly. I'm sure he'll return safely in good health. :sweatingbullets:

When I saw this article about what Se7en said, how I missed their tweet to each other. Such a cute conversation on Twitter! Se7en & RAIN always write cute and hilarious tweets. Their senior/junior relationship is so sweet. Big bro RAIN and little bro Se7en. Se7en is also a sweetheart! He has nice relationships with so many stars! You know that I love both of them! Se7en’s always so sweet and friendly. Those tweets were warm-hearted messages between friends. Their relationship seems very nice nice. :lol:

***Have you seen the fanart I posted here, that 1st picture where his hair was an "affro" - Remember he was wearing this kind of hairstyle during one of his concerts, right? When I saw the fanart again, I laughed out loud - "Nah, watta HAIR!" - Do you think was that a bad hair day for RAIN? Was he fooled by his hairstyle that time? – hehehe. He seriously needs to fire his stylist who styled his hair like that. You know, hairstyle is very important to celebrities. I find it was quite a strange hairstyle. Maybe RAIN wanted to have different look that time - But that just ruined my fantasy. That hairstyle did not do him justice. He looked weird. Hehehe....still love him. What do you think , anjjo, bbly?

anjjo, I’ve seen so many RAIN’s collages but never yet any of his hand collages. Have you seen one? RAIN has beautiful, slim hands. I hope someone in his kind soul could make collages soon or in case you find one please share them here. The clear skin complexion of his hands is as beautiful as his flawless skin.... Gosh…….that time I was able to shake his hand IDK why I felt so shy to look at it. This man lacks absolutely nothing. He’s just a totally pretty package. Wahhhhh…..forget the hands, I want to live with a body like RAIN - hehehe. Gotta give credit where is due, dear. :sweatingbullets:

***Have you seen the fanart I posted here, that 1st picture where his hair was an "affro" - Remember he was wearing this kind of hairstyle during one of his concerts, right? When I saw the fanart again, I laughed out loud - "Nah, watta HAIR!" - Do you think was that a bad hair day for RAIN? Was he fooled by his hairstyle that time? – hehehe. He seriously needs to fire his stylist who styled his hair like that. You know, hairstyle is very important to celebrities. I find it was quite a strange hairstyle. Maybe RAIN wanted to have different look that time - But that just ruined my fantasy. That hairstyle did not do him justice. He looked weird. Hehehe....still love him. What do you think , anjjo, bbly?

Hi willenette,one of my pastimes is to visit many websites dedicated to Rain, but never have I seen a collage centered on his hands and even his kissable lips. I have watched two (2) videos featuring his lips but none of his hands. Like you, I admire his hands, long, sturdy, and shapely, too. I feel that it had been a waste that he don't know how to play any musical instruments with them, be it piano, guitar or any stringed one. coz I know that he could have been a skilled talent if he learn those. If you notice, the only musical instrument he played was the tambourine :lol: which he used to accompany him in some of his performances at his recent "The Best" concerts. I hope that later I can find collages of his hands and surely I'll post it immediately. :D

About his hairstyles, you know, I love him with short hair,but hate the long ones that he sported in Speed Racer and NA. As a concert artist, I think it is just proper for him to be a trendsetter and introduce different hairdos for the excitement it will will elicit from fans and imitators. :lol: Yeah, my friend, his hands are only secondary, it will always take a backseat whenever his body is involved. :lol: BTW, I like his hair in these photos below - :wub:

c0047605_6164511.jpg

c0047605_0333512.jpg

As for now, let me share some pics from I'm a Cyborg, But It's Ok, his first Korean movie that earned him a Best New Actor Award and directed by world-acclaimed Director Park Chan Wook

Take note of the last pic, can't help myself rolling with laughter, so funny :lol: and ugly :vicx: don't kill me dear, am just joking. I know he attacked his role in that movie seriously, that's why Dir. PCW had so much belief in him.

photo25662.jpg

photo25661.jpg

photo25654.jpg

photo25651.jpg

untitledvq0.jpg

20061201175420.875.0.jpg

20061201175032.121.0.jpg

20061201190804.721.0.jpg

2006120117260311201fu9.jpg

img248827492.jpg

cyborg.gif

newsen5.jpg

osen.jpg

c0047605_15494882.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mar-01-2012]Rain and 'Han Ji Woo' are spotted cozying up.

20120301150613_1_rstarlhy.jpg

Singer Rain and actress 'Han Ji Woo' are spotted cozying up.

A picture entitled "Rain and 'Han Ji Woo' warmly pose for a picture" has recently been

posted on the message board of an online community.

It captures the moment of the couple's being photographed sitting on a bed with their

white clothes on while filming a JVJQ commercial. (JVJQ is a prestigious cosmetics brand)

In particular, they create an atmosphere of warmth and geniality with an expression of

excitement on their face, which excites people to envy.

Meanwhile, netizens responded to it, "Inwardly, I think they look so good together."

"Oh no~ I cannot ever imagine such a thing !" "I experience mixed feelings of jealousy

and enviousness.", etc.

Credit to Daily Hankook http://news.nate.com/view/20120301n09230

English translation by 화니@rain-cloud

Hi willenette,one of my pastimes is to visit many websites dedicated to Rain, but never have I seen a collage centered on his hands and even his kissable lips. I have watched two (2) videos featuring his lips but none of his hands. Like you, I admire his hands, long, sturdy, and shapely, too. I feel that it had been a waste that he don't know how to play any musical instruments with them, be it piano, guitar or any stringed one. coz I know that he could have been a skilled talent if he learn those. If you notice, the only musical instrument he played was the tambourine :lol: which he used to accompany him in some of his performances at his recent "The Best" concerts. I hope that later I can find collages of his hands and surely I'll post it immediately. :D

About his hairstyles, you know, I love him with short hair,but hate the long ones that he sported in Speed Racer and NA. As a concert artist, I think it is just proper for him to be a trendsetter and introduce different hairdos for the excitement it will will elicit from fans and imitators. :lol: Yeah, my friend, his hands are only secondary, it will always take a backseat whenever his body is involved. :lol: BTW, I like his hair in these photos below - :wub:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

As for now, let me share some pics from I'm a Cyborg, But It's Ok, his first Korean movie that earned him a Best New Actor Award and directed by world-acclaimed Director Park Chan Wook

Take note of the last pic, can't help myself rolling with laughter, so funny :lol: and ugly :vicx: don't kill me dear, am just joking. I know he attacked his role in that movie seriously, that's why Dir. PCW had so much belief in him.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo, so, even you has not also seen those collage using his hands, huh? But, dear, why haven't you seen those lips collages - there's one, I've seen one, I've also seen the one you mentioned in the video. About the musical instrument, yes, we always see him playing the tambourine but you forgot that he knows to play a bit of guitar, right? :D

Thanks for posting these Arena photos - I love it, too! You know that when he first cut his hair short I had a hard time getting used to it but gradually I learned to love it as long as there's a little "bangs" - hehehe (just to cover the forehead -hehehe) These photos you posted are very nice - I also love the hair colour, the kind of blonde, which made him look so gorgeous. u, I also didn't like that long hair in SR & NA - I love long hair for him it's just that it's not parted at the middle, you know what I mean, huh? Like in FH, I love it like that. :sweatingbullets:

Also, thanks for posting set of captures from Cyborg. Yes, that last photo - (just don't want to repeat what you said -hehehe) bbly might throw stones at both of us..... :lol: