Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Rain wins suit over unpaid drama fee

SEOUL, Aug. 8 (Yonhap) -- A Seoul court has ordered a TV drama production company to give unpaid appearance fees to Korean singer and actor Rain, court officials said on Monday.

The Seoul Central District Court ruled in favor of JYP Entertainment, Rain's management agency, in a lawsuit against the local drama production firm identified only by the initial "D," the officials said.

The production company was ordered to pay 360 million won (US$336,542) that it owed Rain for his work with "Fugitive: Plan B", which aired on a KBS channel last year, according to the court.

The agency filed the suit in April, alleging that the star had yet to receive part of his appearance fee as well as promised returns from the drama's success.

AEN20110808004400315_01_i.jpg

sshim@yna.co.kr

Source:yonhapnews.co.kr

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain wins his lawsuit against ‘Fugitive: Plan B’ production company

August 8, 2011

20101001_fugitive_2.jpg

Earlier this year, singer Rain filed a lawsuit against the production company of his KBS drama, ‘Fugitive: Plan B’, for failing to pay him a sum of $396,000 USD for his work with the drama.

On August 7th, the Seoul Central District Court ruled in favor of Rain. The justice department ordered the production company to immediately pay Rain the total sum, which was calculated according to his contract of $50,000 USD per episode.

The production company has revealed that they will not be appealing the decision and that they will make the payment as soon as funds are available.

Rain will be beginning his nationwide tour on August 13th before enlisting in the army at the end of the year.

Source + Photos: Star Today via Nate, allkpop

------------------------------------------------------------------

Pop star Rain, Richard Gere to do a project together

August 8, 2011

Source:http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/329948/pop-star-rain-richard-gere-do-a-project-together

ra_6.jpg

Hollywood actor Richard Gere with Rain. (Photo courtesy of Rain’s Twitter account)

MANILA, Philippines – Asian pop star Rain will be doing a huge project with Hollywood actor and activist Richard Gere in three years after completing his service in the Korean military.

Rain posted a picture of himself and Gere on Twitter and talked about the proposal.

“How happy I am. I can’t express it in words. There is a proposal for a big project so I met him. Please look forward in three years. With Mr. Richard,” the singer and actor tweeted.

The post has been met with positive responses from Rain’s fans who said that it would be a great honor for Rain to work with a known actor like Gere.

Rain did not elaborate on what project he and Gere will be working on although many are guessing that it would be a movie.

The singer has crossed over to Hollywood through the films “Speed Racer” in 2008 and “Ninja Assassin” in 2009.

The pop star has been busy working on a film and concerts and trying to do as many projects as possible as his military enlistment draws near.

Rain, 30, will be entering the military in the latter part of the year as part of the two-year compulsory service of all Korean men. No specific date has been announced regarding his enlistment.

As of now, Rain is completing his movie “Flight: Close to the Sun” with Shin Se Kyung.

On Aug. 13 and 14, he will kick off his farewell concert called “2011 Rain Tour: The Best Show” at the Busan Exhibition and Convention Center in Busan, Korea. This will be followed by concerts in Daegu on Aug. 27, Jeju Island on Sept. 3, Gwangju on Sept. 17 and Daejeon on Sept. 18.

The finale will be held on Sept. 24 and 25 at the Seoul Olympic Park Stadium.

Rain wins suit over unpaid drama fee

SEOUL, Aug. 8 (Yonhap) -- A Seoul court has ordered a TV drama production company to give unpaid appearance fees to Korean singer and actor Rain, court officials said on Monday.

The Seoul Central District Court ruled in favor of JYP Entertainment, Rain's management agency, in a lawsuit against the local drama production firm identified only by the initial "D," the officials said.

The production company was ordered to pay 360 million won (US$336,542) that it owed Rain for his work with "Fugitive: Plan B", which aired on a KBS channel last year, according to the court.

The agency filed the suit in April, alleging that the star had yet to receive part of his appearance fee as well as promised returns from the drama's success.

*quoted image*

sshim@yna.co.kr

Source:yonhapnews.co.kr

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain wins his lawsuit against ‘Fugitive: Plan B’ production company

August 8, 2011

*quoted image*

Earlier this year, singer Rain filed a lawsuit against the production company of his KBS drama, ‘Fugitive: Plan B’, for failing to pay him a sum of $396,000 USD for his work with the drama.

On August 7th, the Seoul Central District Court ruled in favor of Rain. The justice department ordered the production company to immediately pay Rain the total sum, which was calculated according to his contract of $50,000 USD per episode.

The production company has revealed that they will not be appealing the decision and that they will make the payment as soon as funds are available.

Rain will be beginning his nationwide tour on August 13th before enlisting in the army at the end of the year.

Source + Photos: Star Today via Nate, allkpop

anjjo, thanks for posting this good news. Congratulations again, RAIN! He is richer now again.......that is a lot of MONEY! Surely, RAIN is worth this amount. But he worked hard for this drama. Poor them - (the Producers) that's what they get for failing to pay him. How can you not pay someone for their work? I'm happy that he won over this case again. I’m sure I read that right - "A Seoul court has ordered a TV drama production company to give unpaid appearance fees to Korean singer and actor Rain" - More power to him! :lol:

Hi bbly, here's the bigger version of that poster - :D

Rain Men's Uno Poster

2011-08-07

credit as tagged

*quoted image*

anjjo, RAIN makes my heart flutters with this picture. His facial expression is so intense. He was snapped with a pensive and sober expression here. I’m at a loss for words when I saw this photo. Such an eye candy. He’s DAZZLING here. He looks younger as time passes by. This man is timeless. Looks perfect for me. Love it! :lol:

Rain and Lee Na Young receive unpaid performance fee

110808_4e3f6605244ea.jpg

The production company for KBS’s drama The Fugitive plan. B will have to pay Rain and Lee Na Young’s unpaid performance fee which worth 6.5 hundred million won.

The Seoul Central District Court ordered the production company to pay 3.96 hundred million won to Rain. Rain, who played a main character in the drama, sued the company for the unpaid performance fee. The Court ruled, “According to the contract between Rain and the company, the company must pay Rain’s unpaid performance fee.” Rain was supposed to receive 50 million won per episode for 20 episodes, his performance fee was almost a billion won.

Lee Na Young also sued the company last December, and will receive 2.5 hundred million won. Lee Na Young was supposed to receive 20 million won for appearing on each episode and asked to pay her 4.4 hundred million won. However, Lee Na Young caused a loss to company by not appearing for the shoot and the court ruled for the company to pay her 2.5 hundred million won.

An official for the company said, “We will pay the first part later this month, and then we will pay the rest in September or in October.”

Source: Sports Seoul from Nate / korea.com

I love that picture Rain shared with us his fans. His eyes are so intense and I think it is very manly. blush.gif

bbly, every time I see some captures of him filming I remember my experience during FH & Fugitive. It's known that he's been here for a 10-day shoot of Fugitive here in my side. About FH, I was in Korea when FH was filming some part of the scenes and got to catch a 1st glimpse (my very first glimpse) of RAIN filming there. It was chaos since so many fans were there. But OMG – I’d do it all over again. :sweatingbullets:

11-08-04 Mentholatum_DM

2011-08-04

Source: vincet57@http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=7761&board_id=b_08042315284443&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

credit : cloud tw by sherrysss

*quoted image*

anjjo, I really love all the captures from his Mentholatum ad. How is it possible that one guy can look SO HOT all the time? :sweatingbullets:

Rain VIPS New EVENT

2011-08-05

credit: ratoka@ rain-cloud

source : vips

*quoted image*

anjjo, I really don't dig steaks but since RAIN is endorsing VIP - I'd want to try-out & dine in that resto, stand where RAIN stood, sit where he sat..... Sigh…..I don’t live in Korea….I couldn't do this. What a sad life. Why am I on the opposite side of the country? :)

Rain Wins Lawsuit Against "Fugitive: Plan B" Production Company

e_en_110808_01.jpg

After a pending lawsuit, Rain has come out victorious!

Singer Rain had filed a lawsuit against the company in charge of producing his previous drama "Fugitive: Plan B", which aired on KBS, earlier this year. The all-around entertainer alleged that the production company had failed to pay him $396,000 -- $50,000 an episode -- for his role in the drama.

On August 7, the Seoul Central District Court ruled that the production company must immediately pay Rain the sum in its entirety.

From the end of the company, it stated that the payment would be made as soon as the necessary funds are available with no appeal on the verdict.

Credit : KBS World

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/program/program_musicnews_detail.htm?No=15676

anjjo, I really love all the captures from his Mentholatum ad. How is it possible that one guy can look SO HOT all the time? :sweatingbullets:

Hi willenette, right dear, he is SO HOT that he can be the apple of our eyes like this - :wub:

PhotoFunia-6f923d.jpg

FUNNYWOW_2de1a74539291502.jpg

FUNNYWOW_ccc3816e16fc8814.jpg

FUNNYWOW_4577e58f4d7a58d9.jpg

or subject of fan arts - :w00t::lol:

PhotoFunia-6f978f.gif

PhotoFunia-6f8d6b.jpg

PhotoFunia-6f8612.gif

credit:지훈홀@rain-cloud.co.kr

or cuddly Rain Flight Close to the Sun teddy bears :D

credit : rainstorm

c0047605_559314.jpg

c0047605_5585756.jpg

c0047605_5591018.jpg

such an inspiration, isn't he? :wub::lol:

Incheon Isles Lure Soap Fans with Film Sets, Beaches

Aug. 09, 2011

Source:http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/08/09/2011080901006.html

Locally produced TV dramas have given Korea's tourism industry a boost for many years, with the three islets off Incheon's Yeongjong Island coming into sharper focus in recent years thanks to fans of Korean dramas such as "Full House," which features Rain and was partly shot on location there.

"I started to like Korea after watching 'Full House' when it was televised in Japan," said Japanese student Mayu Ohohyama, referring to the romantic drama that aired on KBS in 2004. "It seems like I'm dreaming now, as I can see the set of the drama in real life."

2011080900869_0.jpg

Mayu decided to visit Sido after being attracted to the country by the popularity of Korean dramas in Japan. When she found that singing K-pop songs at karaoke bars no longer quenched her thirst for Korea's pop culture, she signed up as an exchange student at Kyungwon University in Korea. Of course, this also afforded her many opportunities to travel the country and visit its wealth of beaches, festivals, historic sites and film sets.

Mayu and her Japanese friend chose Sido for their latest excursion after falling for the main character played by singer and actor Rain in "Full House." They took a ferry at Sammok wharf on Yeongjong, then hopped along the islets of Sindo, Sido and Modo, which are connected by a bridge but look like a single land mass when observed from afar.

2011080900869_1.jpg

Sido, once known for its traditional goby fishing, has since become a tourist hot spot after pictures of its beautiful beach and soft sand flashed around Asia via the TV drama.

A ten-minute drive by car from Sindo wharf took the two excited Japanese visitors to a wide beach on which stands a white two-story house. It was their first time here, but they had seen the house many times before.

2011080900869_2.jpg

"The second most popular TV drama after 'Winter Sonata' was 'Full House,' said Mayu as she entered the house. The soap, which also stars Song Hye-kyo, was a huge hit in Japan. To leave a lasting memory among tourists and fans, the producers left it furnished with props to look just as it did when the drama was filmed.

In front of the house lies the beach that is associated with many scenes from the soap. As the tide was out, mud flats sprawled before Mayu and her companion, while families and couples busied themselves digging out crabs and clams.

Another set for the soap "Sad Love Story" (2005) lies nearby, but the Japanese were unable to enter because it was shuttered for repairs. Instead, they relaxed while taking in the views from the woods behind it and snapping photographs.

In Modo, an islet inhabited by only 70 households, they enjoyed Baemikkumi Beach and its unique sculpture park, where around 100 pieces of surrealistic art are displayed on the theme of eroticism.

Ferries to the islands run every hour at Sammok wharf.

Incheon Isles Lure Soap Fans with Film Sets, Beaches

Aug. 09, 2011

Source:http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/08/09/2011080901006.html

Locally produced TV dramas have given Korea's tourism industry a boost for many years, with the three islets off Incheon's Yeongjong Island coming into sharper focus in recent years thanks to fans of Korean dramas such as "Full House," which features Rain and was partly shot on location there.

"I started to like Korea after watching 'Full House' when it was televised in Japan," said Japanese student Mayu Ohohyama, referring to the romantic drama that aired on KBS in 2004. "It seems like I'm dreaming now, as I can see the set of the drama in real life."

*quoted image*

Mayu decided to visit Sido after being attracted to the country by the popularity of Korean dramas in Japan. When she found that singing K-pop songs at karaoke bars no longer quenched her thirst for Korea's pop culture, she signed up as an exchange student at Kyungwon University in Korea. Of course, this also afforded her many opportunities to travel the country and visit its wealth of beaches, festivals, historic sites and film sets.

Mayu and her Japanese friend chose Sido for their latest excursion after falling for the main character played by singer and actor Rain in "Full House." They took a ferry at Sammok wharf on Yeongjong, then hopped along the islets of Sindo, Sido and Modo, which are connected by a bridge but look like a single land mass when observed from afar.

*quoted image*

Sido, once known for its traditional goby fishing, has since become a tourist hot spot after pictures of its beautiful beach and soft sand flashed around Asia via the TV drama.

A ten-minute drive by car from Sindo wharf took the two excited Japanese visitors to a wide beach on which stands a white two-story house. It was their first time here, but they had seen the house many times before.

*quoted image*

"The second most popular TV drama after 'Winter Sonata' was 'Full House,' said Mayu as she entered the house. The soap, which also stars Song Hye-kyo, was a huge hit in Japan. To leave a lasting memory among tourists and fans, the producers left it furnished with props to look just as it did when the drama was filmed.

In front of the house lies the beach that is associated with many scenes from the soap. As the tide was out, mud flats sprawled before Mayu and her companion, while families and couples busied themselves digging out crabs and clams.

Another set for the soap "Sad Love Story" (2005) lies nearby, but the Japanese were unable to enter because it was shuttered for repairs. Instead, they relaxed while taking in the views from the woods behind it and snapping photographs.

In Modo, an islet inhabited by only 70 households, they enjoyed Baemikkumi Beach and its unique sculpture park, where around 100 pieces of surrealistic art are displayed on the theme of eroticism.

Ferries to the islands run every hour at Sammok wharf.

anjjo, thanks for sharing this article. Lucky those fans (especially Japanese fans) who were able to make a tour of some drama location sites in Korea especially FH. :lol:

Guest Lovless

I love rain!!!! I have a huge poster of him in my room wearing loose pants and you can see his abs because he's half naked :wub: and its really cute and not so sexy type because you can see his goatee and hair line on his tummy LOL :w00t:

I would love to have that huge poster of Men's Uno in my country, wow!!!!!

I hope the typhoon doesn't cause too much damage. This year, or better summer Korea is really facing a lot of problems.

[08-09] 11-08-09 Mnet Wide Ent News_Girl's Day Mention Rain

credit : DC // RATOKA @ YT

My link

Richard Gere suddenly meets Rain why? "I'll wait until you're discharged"

20110809170929738.jpg

While it has been revealed that Richard Gere and Rain are preparing for a later "World Project", it turns out Richard Gere showed interest and contacted Rain first.

It was recently told to News N that, "When Richard Gere visited Korea, he called Rain and arranged a meet". Richard Gere carefully asked Rain if he would like to be in a movie together.

However, Rain answered, "No thank you" because of his military service at the end of this year. He politely rejected Richard Gere's offer but Gear told him, "I'll wait until you are discharged".

Their meeting was first let known by Twitter. Rain posted, "How happy I am~ I was offered to be in a project that doesn't even make sense to me right now. So I met him~ wait for me in 3 years...with Mr. Richard Gere" and uploaded a picture he took with him.

Meanwhile, Rain is looking forward to join the army in October and he is now preparing for his last national tour.

Source : movie.daum.net/movieI... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

*quoted image*

While it has been revealed that Richard Gere and Rain are preparing for a later "World Project", it turns out Richard Gere showed interest and contacted Rain first.

It was recently told to News N that, "When Richard Gere visited Korea, he called Rain and arranged a meet". Richard Gere carefully asked Rain if he would like to be in a movie together.

However, Rain answered, "No thank you" because of his military service at the end of this year. He politely rejected Richard Gere's offer but Gear told him, "I'll wait until you are discharged".

Their meeting was first let known by Twitter. Rain posted, "How happy I am~ I was offered to be in a project that doesn't even make sense to me right now. So I met him~ wait for me in 3 years...with Mr. Richard Gere" and uploaded a picture he took with him.

Meanwhile, Rain is looking forward to join the army in October and he is now preparing for his last national tour.

Hi willenette, thanks for sharing this article. I realized now that Rain had lost many opportunities and projects due to his impending enlistment. He is so humble and polite to reject Richard Gere's proposal. Knowing all his accomplishments, how I wish there can be an exemption in the military duties in his country, but being aware of him to be so nationalistic, assuming that he will be given such privilege, I think that he will not accept it. I just hope that like us his fans, Richard Gere can also wait. :D

Here's another news related to this -

Richard Gere personally offered a movie role to Rain

Aug 10 2011

b529df9837c9f76e2041e1df1313cbb3.jpg

A few days ago, Rain updated his fans of his recent meeting with Hollywood actor Richard Gere and revealed that his next activity might be a Hollywood movie project.

Recently, the two met as they prepared for the "World Project" and it was further revealed that it was Richard Gere who showed interest in the Korean singer-actor and decided to contact Rain first. The source who shared the news went on saying that, "When Richard Gere visited Korea, he called Rain and arranged a meeting," further revealing that he carefully asked Rain to be in a movie project together.

Rain, who is currently in talks of a possible military enlistment some time this year, politely declined the offer and explained that he is due to enter the service. Despite the rejection, Richard Gere then replied, "I'll wait until you are discharged."

As of the moment, Rain's management refused to share any details of his upcoming project as nothing has been finalized yet. He is rumored to be enlisting by October, but his agency clarified that there is no exact date as there are plans of a nationwide tour before that.

Do you agree with this new partnership? What do you think of Richard Gere's offer?

Source: Newsen, www.koreaboo.com

Hi willenette, thanks for sharing this article. I realized now that Rain had lost many opportunities and projects due to his impending enlistment. He is so humble and polite to reject Richard Gere's proposal. Knowing all his accomplishments, how I wish there can be an exemption in the military duties in his country, but being aware of him to be so nationalistic, assuming that he will be given such privilege, I think that he will not accept it. I just hope that like us his fans, Richard Gere can also wait. :D

Here's another news related to this -

Richard Gere personally offered a movie role to Rain

Aug 10 2011

*quoted image*

A few days ago, Rain updated his fans of his recent meeting with Hollywood actor Richard Gere and revealed that his next activity might be a Hollywood movie project.

Recently, the two met as they prepared for the "World Project" and it was further revealed that it was Richard Gere who showed interest in the Korean singer-actor and decided to contact Rain first. The source who shared the news went on saying that, "When Richard Gere visited Korea, he called Rain and arranged a meeting," further revealing that he carefully asked Rain to be in a movie project together.

Rain, who is currently in talks of a possible military enlistment some time this year, politely declined the offer and explained that he is due to enter the service. Despite the rejection, Richard Gere then replied, "I'll wait until you are discharged."

As of the moment, Rain's management refused to share any details of his upcoming project as nothing has been finalized yet. He is rumored to be enlisting by October, but his agency clarified that there is no exact date as there are plans of a nationwide tour before that.

Do you agree with this new partnership? What do you think of Richard Gere's offer?

Source: Newsen, www.koreaboo.com

anjjo, ye, this Korea requirement really sucks - many stars not only RAIN had lost many opportunities because of this. RAIN has no choice but to reject the offer - Like you, how I wish as well that there will be exemption to the rule - But, only (3) factors could only do this for RAIN, which these things are not applicable to him like : - those who suffer from medical problems, did not finish middle school, or hold foreign permanent residency. Now, even Olympic medalists and gold medalists from the Asian Games are already included, unlike before where they were exempted. This was revised due to negative public sentiment. Many claim that military service is a sacred duty that no man should be exempt from. Thanks for posting this article. I’m curious what's this could've been about. :mellow:<_<

*quoted image*

First of all I am very proud reading that Richard Gere specifically asked for Rain and offered him a project together. But I am very, very sad that Rain turned the offer down due to his MS. I agree with you all that at times like this you really question the sense behind this, when a young man can't fulfill his dream or do something good, achieve something bigger, because he has to serve. I am sure Rain is very sad himself as well! I hope after his MS, Mr. Gere really does the project with him.

First of all I am very proud reading that Richard Gere specifically asked for Rain and offered him a project together. But I am very, very sad that Rain turned the offer down due to his MS. I agree with you all that at times like this you really question the sense behind this, when a young man can't fulfill his dream or do something good, achieve something bigger, because he has to serve. I am sure Rain is very sad himself as well! I hope after his MS, Mr. Gere really does the project with him.

Hi bbly, like you, I really hope & wish that this project will push-through after his MS. :sweatingbullets:

I love rain!!!! I have a huge poster of him in my room wearing loose pants and you can see his abs because he's half naked :wub: and its really cute and not so sexy type because you can see his goatee and hair line on his tummy LOL :w00t:

Lovless, welcome to RAIN's thread............. So nice to know that we love & adore the same man - hehehe & that you own a huge poster of him in your room, wow! RAIN really has toned abs. It’s jaw-dropping…..RAIN has one of the best bodies in industry. He really looks fit. :lol:

Hi bbly, like you, I really hope & wish that this project will push-through after his MS. :sweatingbullets:

Yes, hopefully! We would have something to look forward, that would be great.

[Aug-12-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter_Leaving for Busan.

profile_normal.jpg

29rain Ji hoon jung

ㅎㅎ 이제 비행기타러가여 부산으로 ...

8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Haha..Now I'm boarding the plane to Busan.

Source : http://twitter.com/#!/29rain

English translation by rain bird.

Photo

rain23812abcabc.JPG

Cr-rainy - rain-cloud.co.kr/

Rain poster at Xintiandi

I was in Xintiandi today, a place where our prince likes to go to have his Xiao Long Bao and ice coffee whenever

he's in Shanghai, and guessed what, I saw him^^

hahaha, I mean a huge poster of him^^

UNO_XTD2%281%29.JPG

There was a large group of Korean tourists. I felt so happy seeing them all getting excited and taking out their

cameras to take a good shot of our prince and themselves^^ You can see their reflections from the glass

entrance^^ Made my day!

uno_at_XTD%281%29.JPG

Credit : huhuhuhu - rain-cloud.co.kr/

[Aug-12-2011] A photo that presents Rain and 'Park Seul Gi' together in a friendly way at Haeundae beach in Busan city.

2011081215513391475_1.jpg

'Park Seul Gi', a broadcaster, expressed herself delighted when she met world star Rain (his real name, 'Jung Ji Hoon')

'Park Seul Gi' released a self photo that presents Rain and her together to the public via her Metoday blog at around 3:44 pm on August 12th, writing a post, "Rising Star (a section featured in a TV program) with Bi oppa (Rain)!" and "We're trying to answer any questions about himself at Haeundae beach here (in Busan city). Aren't you envious of me?"

In the picture, Rain is seen giving his charismatic charm to the fullest with black sunglasses, while 'Park Seul Gi' who is excited to meet him is holding up the V sign with a big grin on her face beside him.

Netizens responded to the post, "I know she'd enjoy the meeting." "I can't wait to go now." "Wow! I envy her!"

"I think 'Ji Hoon' oppa (Rain) is so uptight." “There’s so much I want to know about him."

Meanwhile, Rain'll release his own digital single 'Busan Girl' at midnight on August 16th.

Credit to Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20110812n16548

English transaltion by rain bird.

Rain poster at Xintiandi

I was in Xintiandi today, a place where our prince likes to go to have his Xiao Long Bao and ice coffee whenever

he's in Shanghai, and guessed what, I saw him^^

hahaha, I mean a huge poster of him^^

*quoted image*

There was a large group of Korean tourists. I felt so happy seeing them all getting excited and taking out their

cameras to take a good shot of our prince and themselves^^ You can see their reflections from the glass

entrance^^ Made my day!

*quoted image*

Credit : huhuhuhu - rain-cloud.co.kr/

For sure they can feel proud of having such a big poster of Rain outside of Korea.