Epilator Help?

Guest missbrokensmile

Guest missbrokensmile

I'm hoping someone who can read Japanese can help me ^^;

I bought this epilator from Japan and it doesn't come with an English manual, so I tried to find an English one on the net, but I couldn't find anything... :/

So I pulled up the product on the official site and tried to run it through a translator (haha XD) but it didn't work...

Can anyone help me?

I want to try and find out if you can use it on your upper lip, whether it says yes you can use it (somewhere on the site or manual) or at least, a warning telling you not to use it on your upper lip (so I don't do anything stupid XD). Or even better, maybe someone has used this product before and can tell me? Or any advice in general about epilators?

The model is here:

http://ctlg.national.jp/product/info.do?pg=04&hb=ES2011

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :D

Guest weedyasian

i cant read japanese but i use an epilator <:D makes hair grow back sofft and thin hehe my friends use it on their upper lip and they have no problem with it (: good luck!

Guest fanatic520

can you use epilators for your underarms? is it easy to use? i heard ppl use them for their legs but never on their underarms, is it b/c it hurts a lot?

Guest KateLove

can you use epilators for your underarms? is it easy to use? i heard ppl use them for their legs but never on their underarms, is it b/c it hurts a lot?

yeah! i want to know too!

& does it work like pulling your hair out completely so that there's no "shadow"

I get black dots on my underarms (so bad) & legs whenever I just shave.

It sucks.

Guest pink1e

Yes, you can use it on your underarms. It hurts just like when you start using it on your legs but you get used to it after a while and it doesn't hurt as much.

Guest miyomi

yeah but you have to make sure the skin is stretched out?sorry i dont really know how to explain it, :sweatingbullets: umm like if you're going to do the armpits, stretch your arm behind your head then do it, that way the tweezer thingie on the epilator wont pinch your skin,also i cant stress how important this is:EXFOLIATE, i learned the hard way b/c if oyu dont you get really gross ingrown hairs that look 2x darker than the shadow you normally get from shaving :crazy:

Guest weedyasian

lmao you can use them everywhere, for reals ;D and you dont get 5:00 shadows like shaving

(= i have friends who shave their arms and its like ew man at least use an epilady

its easier to stretch out the skin

& move the epilator in the opposite direction the hair is growing in & move it slow so youll get everything

O.O

btw, you should spend enough money for a really good ones cuhz they work better than the cheap 50 dollar ones. i thnk mine is like 100-150. works great (:

Guest chimerical.

it looks pretty small..as if it were made for small areas

i would try using it on my lip if it were me

Guest missbrokensmile

Oooh! Thanks a lot you guys :D I'm kind of scared to use it on my face, but I'll give it go... maybe XD I'll try my legs or underarm first though (haven't actually used it yet XD) The rotator-head-thing moves so fast ^^;

Last question (hopefully), does anyone know what this says? I ran it through a translator and part of it says 'do not use for face' but I'm not sure since the translation didn't really make all that much sense ^^;

顔・外陰部およびその周囲、太もものつけ根などには使用しない。

痛みの増加や、肌を傷つける原因になります。

You can use it on your underarms I tried but wouldn't recommend it. It hurt like hell and it bled a little wherever it pulled hairs out, but that's just my experience and I have sensitive skin (I couldn't handle the pain because for me it was 10x the pain on my legs when I tried it the first time). The secret is to hold your skin tight because it hurts less when your skin is really tight.

And you don't need the more expensive one mine was $60-$70 and works just fine really.

Also that one is actually made for your bikini line.

Guest missbrokensmile

Thanks for all the tips!

I've read around an epilator thread and they all say to not use it on your face because you'll get these red dots... But I've waxed my face before and nothing happened... So, do you think it'll be alright if I use the epilator on my face?

• 1 year later...
Guest bonsaitea

i pretty much only use the epilator on my underarms. But i occasionally use it on my legs and other places.

It hurts when you have thicker hair, like the pits. It never hurts for me on my legs. I think most asians should have a easier time waxing/epilating their legs.

^ Yeah lol unfortunately not the case for me either.

MakeupAlley is a good beauty reviews site.

I found this helpful:

This review is for the Braun Silk Epil Xelle.

Since I've read many detailed reviews, I'll try to limit mine to some tips/tricks that I've learned over the past two years I've used this device.

Maintaining flat, taut surfaces is key when using this epilator. Getting flesh/skin stuck in this thing is NOT fun. If there's a way to stretch the skin around, say, a bone, in order to get a flat surface, try to do it.

Also, proper pre-exfoliation and post-moisturization (ingrown/irritation prevention--especially for the bikini area), is a vital part of having successful epilating sessions.

I'll divide this into body parts--arms, armpits, legs, chin, and front + back bikini areas. Yeah, front and back. Lock your kids in the basement for that one: It's a heck of a ride.

Arms: I fear I don't epilate these areas enough for the pain to dissipate to the point where that, and time invested in epilation, is worth the end result. If my arm hair were coarser, this would be a different story, but mine is just fine enough so that I can shave it and not deal with horrible stubble. Since the skin on this area is rather taut on its own, epilating my arms is a breeze--I just have to watch out for the elbow crease, as well as the beginning parts of my armpits.

Armpits: I managed to figure out a way to epilate these without the aid of an additional set of hands. This sounds a lot more complicated than it is--I just suck at writing detailed explanations of physical motions. I raise my arm into the air, and then bend my elbow, place my thumb on top of my shoulder and grasp the armpit skin closest to my chest. I then use my ring and little fingers to extend the skin on the top part of my armpit upward, and my index and middle fingers to rotate the lower armpit skin outward toward my chest. I then epilate the skin using my left hand, use an extremely light touch, and go as slowly as needed. In the beginning, I used the "starter" head on this area, as the pain was nothing short of excruciating--and it didn't help that when the hairs came out, there was often a bit of blood involved. Now? I use the normal epilation head and barely feel a thing. I knew I had to push through that initial pain as my armpit hair is very dark and coarse--and just not worth the trouble of dealing with "close shaves" and stubble returning after eight hours. My epilator paid for itself simply by using it on my armpits.

Legs: GO SLOWLY. You're just going to have to go back over the same area twice if you don't. Epilate this area in bright light. I often use a finger on my opposite hand to remember the last area I epilated, as I don't like wasting time pecking for the hairy areas. You might have to move the epilator in different directions for some of the difficult/short hairs--I've adopted a sort of circular motion I do for this, where I lightly and slowly rotate the epilator over a small patch of skin. Be careful around the knees and the back of your leg behind the knee; I always use the rotating head guide for the knees, and have just managed to handle using the flat (I forget the name of it) guide for the back of my legs. Try to straighten your legs as much as possible for both areas.

Chin: This is one of those "go slowly and stretch the skin over bone" areas. I haven't been able to epilate any other parts of my face without extreme irritation, so I don't bother.

Front bikini area: This is a brutal area to epilate. At this point, I've managed to consistently remove hair from pretty much everything other than the labia majora. How did I get to that point? Just bearing with the pain and getting through it, doing as much as I could in each session. Sometimes that was just an inch. Sometimes? I actually used the pain sensations to my advantage, and did as much as possible because I stopped feeling anything other than throbbing numbness.

It's just too difficult to epilate some areas of the pubic hair, as the hairs grow in several different directions on top of having to deal with looser skin. Because of this, I tend to stick to the coarser hair, and just shave or wax the rest. Initially, I started with the "starter" head, but can actually use the normal head now on many part of it. I often don't, however, as it's far easier to grab skin with that one. I never use anything other than the roller attachment--again, the skin issue.

I'd highly recommend tackling this area in sections, which means planning the epilation around times when you'll be ok with uneven hair lengths. This is definitely a "stretch the skin" area--don't be afraid to explore the best ways for you ("flat plain," not "hills and valleys"), and don't be afraid to look like a bloody idiot in the process. I've pulled some Cirque du Soleil maneuvers, especially when I'm Manifesting Destiny and moving toward the...

Rear bikini area: Please ensure you're comfortable with 1) general epilation pain, 2) stretching/smoothing your skin/flesh and 3) your muscle flexibility, before attempting to epilate the anus and perineum. For me, this isn't even a pain issue (the hairs back there are fine)-- I simply lack room for error. Most of the time, I'm epilating solely by touch, so I move v e r y slowly, and always use the "starter" head.

While epilating, let your intuition guide you--if you're nervous, stop. If there's intolerable pain, stop. I won't lie--I've pushed through some tear-inducing pain while using this thing on my armpit and pubic areas. But I know my thresholds, and I'm also a bit insane. When my nerves become rattled by, say, grabbing some flesh in the epilator, I take a break or sometimes stop altogether. Dealing with apprehension of pain + shaking hands is just an accident waiting to happen.

My epilator is by far, by far, the best beauty device I've ever purchased. Once you learn your comfort levels while using it, the pleasures of epilated skin eclipse the pain + effort req

• 1 month later...
Guest leejunkified

The link you provided says it's for the armpits and bikini line.

Oooh! Thanks a lot you guys :D I'm kind of scared to use it on my face, but I'll give it go... maybe XD I'll try my legs or underarm first though (haven't actually used it yet XD) The rotator-head-thing moves so fast ^^;

Last question (hopefully), does anyone know what this says? I ran it through a translator and part of it says 'do not use for face' but I'm not sure since the translation didn't really make all that much sense ^^;

顔・外陰部およびその周囲、太もものつけ根などには使用しない。

痛みの増加や、肌を傷つける原因になります。

This says not to use on face, genitalia or on your butt. It hurts a lot and you might damage your skin.

If I were you, I´d try it first on the places it´s meant to be for, and if you see it´s too much then... I dunno, get the epistick thingie from a soompi seller?

Archived