☆ 2 P M ★ Official Thread ☆

Guest touchtheskies.

Guest starlight5

Seriously, the only way to get a 7-member 2pm back now...

is if some amazingly rich, well-connected person pays for the 6 boys' contract termination & signs up all 7 of them, WHILE exposing the lies of jype..

& what are the chances of that?

Let Rain and j.Tunes take them in. That'll be a kick to the groin for JYP. Hehehehe...

I agree with most people saying this isn't about Jay going back to 2PM anymore, this is able clearing his name so he still has a chance to fulfill the dream he worked so hard for in Korea.

My God... if they release a video of Jay, I don't know what to say. It'll be so obvious they're holding a gun to his head, but I don't know what will happen after that. It's bombshell after bombshell.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Jay and i love the other 6 members but I hate JYP I know that everyone is upset here but if Hottest don't stick together then nothing will be accomplished if fans are drooping 2pm like that ripping up their albums you will not only hurt the 6 member but wasting their efforts that slaved months in too hoping that their supportive fans would like it....plus it gets you know where.....I am not trying to point fingers and say that hottest are wrong because believe me i am not and if you take anything I say or said to offense please forgive me....Personally I am very upset with way JYP handled everything trying to bash Jay's image so that no other company would pick him up it stupid and irrationally because bashed the 6 members image along the way........I am just saying that Please Hottest lets stick together because 2 hands is better then 1

Just went to insider2pm. It really does add up.

I can tell you that breach of confidentiality in the contract is the one of the biggest mistakes an artiste can commit. For those of you that mentioned Khun and Junho talking about it. This has been likely cleared with the management company and 8 years is the norm of all contracts at the moment. Seems that Jay was signed into the old 'slavery' contracts which are 10-15 years in the like of what Rain signed in the 90s and Boa in the 80s when she was 5 years old. These have unfair terms that one sided to the favour of the company. We must not forget when the investigations for slavery contracts were mentioned by the courts after TVXQ case last year, JYPE was an investigated party.

I am familiar with these contracts. The penalty to disclosure of any particular terms is a very serious one, plus Jay mentioned this on a platform to a friend (which is a terrible breach) that runs the possibility of cyber hacking. I would call it negligence and immaturity on his part. Teenagers have no clue how serious contracts can be and business people have no tolerance to the mistakes of youth.

Thats the shortfall.

But I agree on one thing thats been mentioned here by alot of posters: Its not that I do not support the 6. But I can't see how I can continue to profit a company that uses the lowest methods to destroy someones reputation and future just because they feel they can, use their helplessness against them, reduce consumers into beggers by playing their weakness and think HEY I'M JYPE, I CAN GET AWAY WTH ANYTHING.

Today's press con will be a disaster if they commit the same PR faux pas again. This company is so egoistic that it looks incompetent.

EDIT: If theres anyone from JYPE now reading into this forum and wants the best PR advice to help JYP settle this mess, here's how. Sack Choi Jung Wook, make it look like it was his personal grudge with Jay that caused him to make the solo decision to terminate Jaebums contract while JYP has been 'pleading' to give Jaebum a second chance. WIth the escalation of the matters and public opinion towards the company taking a drastic and violent turn, Jungwook decides to steps down for the sake of the company. JYP plays hero, regroups 2PM, brings Jay back for next album and below the table pay off Mr. Choi handsomely for taking the fall on his behalf.

World peace. the end.

Guest theblazenazn

But I agree on one thing thats been mentioned here by alot of posters: Its not that I do not support the 6. But I can't see how I can continue to profit a company that uses the lowest methods to destroy someones reputation and future just because they feel they can, use their helplessness against them, reduce consumers into beggers by playing their weakness and think HEY I'M JYPE, I CAN GET AWAY WTH ANYTHING.

P.S - If there's anyone whom the company should fear losing at the moment. Its Khun. If they are playing high handed with him and showing him that no one is indispensable to the company at the moment, they are possibly losing the only cash cow that is making their financial deficits now. One endorsement of his alone is probably worth 2-3 endorsements the boys are getting in Korea. Being from a wealthy family and with a guaranteed successful solo career in Thailand, he has nothing to lose if he walks out.

I am glad to it was rumoured to be him to try to negotiate a life line for Jay.

Today's press con will be a disaster if they commit the same PR faux pas again. This company is so egoistic that it looks incompetent.

Sorry to cut your post but I agree with everything you said there. I can't bring myself to support this company anymore. I love the other 6 but I just can't deal with JYPE anymore. They've become so shady.

I sensed that JYPE hates who Nichkhun is but loves him because of the money he brings in. Khun's charm was his ability to shine on Variety shows but cut down on it. I think they are prepping & grooming Taecyeon to the permanent Most Popular member so Khun does not that much power over them anymore and all will be good for is promotion in Thailand which is under their control.

I would also like to ask What's Next?? Why do I feel like Jay will never step foot in Korea and be a celebrity again maybe cuz JYPE has a breach of contract clause over his head. It will be devastating to never hear from him again. I think the 7 member 2PM will never happen now that his contract is terminated but still hope he show his talent and 4 years of training at a new company & with a Solo career.

Only about 16 more pages on this Soompi thread before the 2PM turns into whole new thread. It's just sad. I don't want leave of this behind. What happened, what JYPE did, and Jay should be remembered.

*Their fan cafe members are still dropping every second.

329,000 (Past Total Active Member #, Not just Main page Paid members count) - 274,414 = -54,586 Active Members

top of the page

2sbmp05.gif

DIVA DIVA DIVA DIVA!

17dzjd.gif

Guest SkipBeat!

I hate to say it but 2pm is dead. Not because Jay left, but because of all the drama caused by Jay leaving. There are too many rifts in the fandom to be healed, because half the fandom is leaving and the otther half hates the half that is leaving. If no one in the fandom can get along, 2pm won't have any fans left and without fans they are dead. It's sad that this whole situation has snowballed.

I won't go into the what-ifs and the rumor mongering but I will say this, Jay is human and humans make mistakes so maybe he did do something or he didn't but you can't rule out the possibility just because he's Jay. Also it wasn't right for JYP to reveal it. At the same time JYP is made up of humans who make mistakes, so it isn't right for people to threaten to kill JYP or burn things or destroy things that don't belong to them.

Lastly, funnily enough about a month ago on 2ONEDAY there was a translation of someone's cyworld or something saying about how Jay's leave was finalized. This person had also talked about how Sunmi's departure from the Wonder Girls a few days before it happened. So maybe it has been in the works for awhile

Just went to insider2pm. It really does add up.

I can tell you that breach of confidentiality in the contract is the one of the biggest mistakes an artiste can commit. For those of you that mentioned Khun and Junho talking about it. This has been likely cleared with the management company and 8 years is the norm of all contracts at the moment. Seems that Jay was signed into the old 'slavery' contracts which are 10-15 years in the like of what Rain signed in the 90s and Boa in the 80s when she was 5 years old. These have unfair terms that one sided to the favour of the company. We must not forget when the investigations for slavery contracts were mentioned by the courts after TVXQ case last year, JYPE was an investigated party.

I am familiar with these contracts. The penalty to disclosure of any particular terms is a very serious one, plus Jay mentioned this on a platform to a friend (which is a terrible breach) that runs the possibility of cyber hacking. I would call it negligence and immaturity on his part. Teenagers have no clue how serious contracts can be and business people have no tolerance to the mistakes of youth.

hi kabler, i was just wondering if you have any knowledge of the repercussions of Jay's fallout with jype in relation to any future career paths he may have with other management companies in korea? would companies be relunctant to take him on and bring on the wrath of jype? could there be some clause in his contract that wouldnt allow him to pursue a career in korea right away? would this scandal follow him throughout his career and make sponsors reluctant to take him on?

sorry for all the questions. but you can see his passion for singing and dancing on stage and even when he talks about it. he shines when he performs...at this point, im wanting to hang onto any possibility of just seeing him back on stage doing what he loves.

sorry for cutting your post.

EDIT: i like your plan for world peace.

hi kabler, i was just wondering if you have any knowledge of the repercussions of Jay's fallout with jype in relation to any future career paths he may have with other management companies in korea? would companies be relunctant to take him on and bring on the wrath of jype? could there be some clause in his contract that wouldnt allow him to pursue a career in korea right away? would this scandal follow him throughout his career and make sponsors reluctant to take him on?

It really boils down to the terms of the contract but this I can tell you. Unfair terms cannot stand in the laws of the court so even if the terms are agreed upon by two parties at time of signing, when a court case happens and these terms are brought up, it will automatically not be able to stand.

One example of such terms. If Jay is an entertainer and his talent in singing and dancing and entertaining is essentially his rice bowl, even if in the contract that he signs, it says in the event that his contract is being terminated, he will not be able to join another company or do any of these activities/ promote in Korea for x no of years, this term will not stand. Why? Because if that is the persons only skillset for survival, no company has the right to curtail these means and when it goes to court, the x no. of years enforced will be thrown out as its deemed an 'unfair' clause.

Not many entertainers and businesses know this as they are so afraid to consult lawyers and also the intimidation of legal fees. All that said you need to find a good lawyer first as many lawyers sometimes do not go against big companies for the sake of residual businesses that might get affected due to the 'power' of some of the company's shareholders but the young hungry upstarts will fight the case. Its instant fame overnight for them.

This I will not worry for Jay.

Sometimes do you think uproar of fans along with antis both are what caused the conclusion together? Yeah.

On another note, I will sit around for those hours to roll by when they discuss the issue at the conference. Who's staying up with me!?

Gawd, someone share some 2pm happy moments in here.

Is anyone here gonna go to the meeting today? I'm not begging JYP to bring Jay back anymore. If anything I could ask for is that I hope JYPE will come clean about Jay's termination contract. I hope there will not be something like he can't sign with other companies within 5 years just like some of the rumors I heard.

Guest wildbunny_19

sorry to cut your post short, but where can i find the full clip of this .gif? :P

I saw a gif like this gif a bunch of times and always wondered where the full clip to it was.

So I'd like to know also :P

Thanks Vee for the link ^_^

Guest Stephy18

Is anyone here gonna go to the meeting today? I'm not begging JYP to bring Jay back anymore. If anything I could ask for is that I hope JYPE will come clean about Jay's termination contract. I hope there will not be something like he can't sign with other companies within 5 years just like some of the rumors I heard.

I know that 2 reps from 2OD and 3 from 2pmalways are going to the meeting and will report to us international fans with what goes on in the meeting so just wait a few hours to hear the news. I'm also very curious and scared to hear how the meeting went.

Guest le_maiii

k2bp7d.jpg

It's kind of small to read... but. . .

I know he's not really saying this but: "Not because you have the power, but because I am so weak and too far away..." Jaebeom, you are NOT too far away. I'm as far as you and I am doing EVERYTHING I can to possibly defend you and your name and your reputation. I'm a nobody compared to who you are. And if I can do something. . . YOU can do something. We have so much faith in you.

----

Edit:

DANGIT. ): my pictures didn't work... aish, I'll look for some other ones (:

Guest ELF_Hottest

which is the way for all 7 ? when will these things be finish? why JYP did like that? etc. a lot of questions appear in my head....i luv all 7 n never think that they betrayed Jay, i still support them, oppas hwating!!!

Guest ana_ari_007

Hottest, I just want to say as an international Cassie with a band she loves also going through a challenging time. I want to encourage you to stick together. Whoever is doing a boycott, it's working. As consumers, as listeners and as supporters of great music and even more fantastic artists like 2PM, the power to make or break any musician is in the hands of the people.

Who has the money?

JYPE and any talent agency only have money because of their clients and the consumers of their clientele's products! It's a business folks. Come on! Show 'em what you got. Hang in there and keep supporting them (all members of 2pm - none of this 6pm stuff - they are 2pm). Don't hold back and press onwards.

There has to be a change. As fans and as humans we can all make a difference. This too will pass but the only way we can see the light at the end of the tunnel in all these difficulties - is look at all the good things that are happening now.

What time is it?

That's right.

Archived