☆ 2 P M ★ Official Thread ☆

Guest touchtheskies.

Guest happylove00

the MV is awesome!

very different from what the idols groups are doing now...

they really proves that they are at a different level as compared to other idols groups...

though is 1:59PM, i still gives them all my love because I know they work hard!!!

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far those people who don't like the song have similar comments that

- background music is too soft

- rapping part feels off

As for the background music, I think it is expected that people will not like it because it is very opposite to the trend nowadays.

Let's compare it to other hit songs recently:

Ring Ding Dong from Shinee has very strong beats that resemble African folk music.

Muzik by 4Minute is the load of autotunes

GDragon's Heartbreaker and Breathe rely a lot on powerful techno beats.

Even 2PM's own songs Tired of waiting, which is on top of various online chart right now, is overloaded with autotune.

What is the conclusion? The Korean public right now favors heavily manufactured songs with complicated beats and autotunes. JYP is obviously ignoring the taste of the public and chose Heartbeat over the more popular Tired of Waiting as the title song. I think he wants to say something through this choice of title song. It's like a statement against the kind of music that is popular right now. I feel that unlike the other companies, JYPE tends to experiment a lot more boldly, and that is why its artists' music is always trendsetting.

Example:

GOD: meaningful ballads (dance pop was popular at that time)

Park Ji Yoon: unique dance pop (when ballads were dominating the pop scene)

Rain: American R&B/ dance pop (at that time no one has done this genre)

Wondergirls: catchy bubblegum pop (set the stone for the invasion of girl bands)

2PM: funky pop (10 out of 10) -- the type that has been extinct since NRG

beastly trendy dance tunes (Again and Again/ I hate you)

And now they came back with a totally different genre: soft background music, soft beats, whispering-like rapping, slower melodies.

JYPE's artists have always captured not only their fans but the public in general.

No one in Korea don't remember the touching song "Ja jang myeon" by GOD

Everybody in Korea imitates Park Ji Yoon's "Coming of age ceremony" on variety shows all the time'

Rain:.. no need to talk more about the world star. His song "Bad guy" has been on Mnet Heroes segment for way too many times

Wondergirls: do I even need to tell you how popular they are?

2PM: beast beast beast. Everyone now wants to be beastly.

I have to applaud JYP for always bringing something new to the Kpop world full of trend-followings.

Guest fleurdelis_kay

i see a lot of ppl complain abt the song not being catchy enough..

well for me i like how JYP is being experimental with 2pm

if all songs are suppose to be 'catchy', 2pm will not be able to grow..kpop will be stucked with ppl obsessing over cute dance and repetitive music

as for the MV, i love it so much

the dance is weird but at least when i watch music shows, 2pm stands out from the rest of the idol groups

i agree with someone who pointed out that 2pm is like the next 'god'

if i remember correctly, 'god' was in a class of their own..i dont see them being compare with other groups like HOT/Sechkies

and just like 'god', 2pm is one of the rare groups who mixed ard with both boybands and girlgroups in front of camera

Guest ephedrinity

to everyone who likes the MV, i guess... we just have differing sartorial tastes.

to be very honest, i hated every single part of the MV, right down to the hairstyles (well except Wooyoung's cauz damn the boy looks good ^^). the choreography was good right till the introduction of the pseudo-cheerleading pyramid (it was so random), but the whole time i was watching the MV i was thinking, "why so messy?" and the moves weren't sharp enough for my liking. to me, this is a far cry from the body of work that they have done in the past... idk. but i still love this song so much. i feel that JYP's brave move of selecting a song that is not attuned to the tastes of the Korean populace in general is paying off :-) this song is different, and different in a good way.

looks like 2PM is going to shine with this new song. i still have reservations on the choreography and artistic direction though

The MV grows on you after watching for the 3rd 4th time. At first, I honestly didn't like it and felt awkward watching it, but it's not that bad anymore. I love the end.

Taec is as sexy as ever :D

Guest haiphuong

fleurdelis_kay & Max23

I completely agree with 2 of you. I saw some comments on allkpop that they want 2PM to become like A&A/ I Hate You music style. Autotunes are good cause it makes the songs more catchy and I like it too but singers have to change to new styles when they comeback. "Tired of waiting" and "Crazy about you" are very good songs and they are in my fav playlist since they released but these 2 songs are kinda similar to "I Hate You". It would be very tired if we hear autotunes in every songs in an album.

About their outfits and hair styles: Well. At the first time I saw the MV, I didn't like Jun Ho & Khun's ponytails much but I kept on replaying it thousand times and I found it's ok. It's not cute but it has charisma. Taec's hair reminds me of Lee Min Ho (I don't know why). I can't deny that Chan Sung is the most handsome here

Woo Young is the main vocal with Jun Su made me a little surprised cause I always thought it would be Jun Ho. I have to admit that Woo's voice is very suitable for the song: soft like the whisper while Jun Ho's voice is strong and high (sometimes I found his voice is higher than Jun Su :) )

The scenes I love the most are:

- Taec's rap part.

- Chan Sung's appears behind Taec and begins his part.

- Woo's chorus part @02:28: This might be not a special scene to most of you but I love it the most. I've never seen Woo, Chan and Taec are sexy like that. Smoky eyes is not a new trend now but I love it. I put it on my eyes everyday when I go to work and people say that I'm look more mystery :P I do that as a way to remember them everywhere I go.

Finally, the dark concept. Most of the fans complained that there are too much dark concept at this time but does "A&A" and "I Hate You" have dark concept too? Those 2 MVs were out for quite long time. I think JYP has his purpose to make this MV also in dark concept. He might want this concept is one of 2PM's trademarks, just like "beast". They can be colorful in the CF, the TV shows... but dark on stage. That's their charm :)

Anyway, like or not like, that's depend on each person's taste. Above are just my opinions and I wanna share with you guys. I'm looking forward to what JYP would say in Golden Fishery. I'm so scared.

Guest jjoanne

my opinion of the video:

this video is EPIC. why? well... because... it's not something you find in your everyday kpop music video.

and what can i say... i love when things are different. :]

the first time i saw it, it was kind of weird to take in, but the second time, i saw the beauty in it.

although, i am pretty sad that Jay is still not there... i mean, i would've loved making animations of his sexy and awesome self, and he would've make this video even more EPIC than it already is.

but overall, the guys worked hard and they delivered amazingly. the video was nicely done. it has a different quality than the rest, i wonder who directed it, major props to that person.

the choreography, i see it more as theatrical rather than something to dance along with, and it fits the feeling of the song. the pyramid was put there to show off their skills that they're known for. trying to balance it, at first it looks odd but then it's easy on the eyes.

i can do without the apple hair on Khun and Junho... but Taec looks hot in the mv.

i love Chansung's rap! it's so different, he has a special flow for raps lol i actually didnt know it was him until i saw the mv lol

and i love how Wooyoung's soul leaves his body at the end... i was like "woa did you see that?!" awesomeee.

Junho and Junsu show off their vocals pretty well... Junsu seems to have gotten better at dancing, but then again, this dance is not as complicated as the past ones.

overall, i loved the video. i'll be watching it on my ipod quite a lot ;]

wow. well said. you know what? you have said all the things i felt about this freaking song and mv. In additonal, I love how taec did his rap and put the heart into his body. I'm glad wooyoung is having more parts including the chorus. I think he did a great job. sorry for being lil biasd because woo young is my 2nd fav after jay. well, 2pm totally rules kpop now. i'm downcounting to jay's comeback.

jyp you impressed us with your music but do not disappoint me with your lies. you gonna bring jay back.

Guest chopper!

i LOVE the MV. downloading it on my ipod for sure. it's so strange and new, but they look like zombies from micheal jacson's thriller! LOL

i'm loving the dark concept. it's so hot, and woo young's flip! -dies- but i do feel as though that could've been jay's flip, but, woo young executed it well <3

i think JYP is trying to bring something new to the kpop scene through a very popular group as 2pm. it's good, and i'm totally loving the song. heartbeat is catchy, and i feel like dancing XD

& he also knows what the fans want, 'beasts!!' ^^

but sadly, if jay comes back, we'll be seeing him at the next promotion. i doubt jype has the money to make a new song and mv with jay in it at this point of the economy. i guess for the next few months, i'll have to deal with 6 membered 2pm );

Most of us don't get the term of apple stem hair style,right? An idea to share with you here, in my country ppl who are above 8 years old don't do hair like younger children expect the insane ones. This hair style matches the song concept... the insanity of loosing heart and soul. Where is the heart of 2PM? ** sigh **

I don't care of the new MV.

What I want is this finally...

Park Jin Young speaks up officially about 2PM JaeBum for the first time on MBC Golden Fishery.

On Golden Fishery aired on 11th November, Park Jin Young said, “If JaeBum comes back, he will return as part of 2PM of course. It will not be a solo comeback.”

MC Kang Ho Dong then asked, “Do you have to send JaeBum off to America in such a rush?” and Park Jin Young replied, “When JaeBum’s case was exposed, it was put under great criticism. And when he returned to the States, suddenly public opinion was ‘Was there a mistranslation?’ and that he did not do any wrong. The answer is in between.”

He continued, “Even though it was not like it is a mistake, it was not like it wasn’t a mistake as well. Someone who is responsible for part of the culture or has nothing to do with our culture should not be receiving the criticisms.”

“JaeBum is not a bad child. Back then he was going through a tough time and was not motivated at all. He even said to me ‘If it is not Park JinYoung’s song, I am confident of success’. But I like it that he does not lie. JaeBum has been changing and the JaeBum now is very different from the JaeBum then. The JaeBum back then had caused hurt to many Koreans, but the JaeBum now is very embarrassed by what he has done and does not want to burden the group as the leader so he has decided to leave. If it’s me I would have done the same.”

EDIT

Kang Ho Dong then asked, “As the company, shouldn’t you stop him?” Park Jin Young said, “He did wrong, and on his own he thought that he did wrong. If you care about JaeBum, I think that public opinion and fans should leave him to be. He will know that everyone cares, but leave him to be for now.”

Lastly, he said, “The thing that I can do is be help as a dance and song teacher to help him keep his standards as a singer up during this resting period. When he is willing to return on to the stage, I will help him willingly. If JaeBum is to return, he will return as 2PM and not solo. JaeBum, the other members and myself will not want a solo comeback.”

K bites http://sookyeong.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/...-return-as-2pm/

Guest eebaboya

i actually really love the MV. yes, some parts did made me laugh, but overall, it was beautiful. Adored the heartbeat dance during the chorus and junsu looks mighty SEXY doing that move. Gosh. yay, more air time for wooyoung!

Guest marshed

(more later!)

We all want Jay to return and we're waiting for him, but please do not belittle the other boys' efforts in the song and MV. Boycott or no boycott, I think the other boys (whom, may I remind you, have done absolutely nothing wrong) deserve this much respect from the fans. Let's try not to hurt the 6 of them too much while we await Jay's return.

On another note, I did like the MV and thought it was a refreshing change from the usual Kpop MVs we get these days. The apple hair on Junho and Khun really needs some getting used to though, but the boys are looking good in general. And the whole puppet dance concept is really a nice touch, albeit not something new. Let's hope the best for their comeback performance tomorrow :D

Guest PUNKB*TCH

This MV blew me awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay and I'm still not back home yet. Seriously, this is an edgy new side of 2PM and I'm glad, so so so glad they did this.

They've grown up from the 'beastly' image and it would've been boring, unoriginal, and not so unique if they just kept with it IMO. It's so different. I love how they're not jumping the bandwagon with an all power-dance, charming-the-camera kind of concept. They've created an aesthetic piece of art and I'm not over-exaggerating because that's how I really feel about this MV compared to their previous ones.

2PM, with or without Jay, still has my support and love 100%.

Finally..OMG..I knew it He will be back as Laedja Of 2PM forever... :wub:

Huah..I feel little goosebumps when I read asth post one. ^_^ thx to asth

OMG I really can say a thing right know..Iam So exicted...hahahahaha :P

well God Already hear what we pray all this long right?? :D:lol:

Sorry for my bad grammer. :rolleyes:

Park Jin Young speaks up officially about 2PM JaeBum for the first time on MBC Golden Fishery.

On Golden Fishery aired on 11th November, Park Jin Young said, “If JaeBum comes back, he will return as part of 2PM of course. It will not be a solo comeback.”

MC Kang Ho Dong then asked, “Do you have to send JaeBum off to America in such a rush?” and Park Jin Young replied, “When JaeBum’s case was exposed, it was put under great criticism. And when he returned to the States, suddenly public opinion was ‘Was there a mistranslation?’ and that he did not do any wrong. The answer is in between.”

He continued, “Even though it was not like it is a mistake, it was not like it wasn’t a mistake as well. Someone who is responsible for part of the culture or has nothing to do with our culture should not be receiving the criticisms.”

“JaeBum is not a bad child. Back then he was going through a tough time and was not motivated at all. He even said to me ‘If it is not Park JinYoung’s song, I am confident of success’. But I like it that he does not lie. JaeBum has been changing and the JaeBum now is very different from the JaeBum then. The JaeBum back then had caused hurt to many Koreans, but the JaeBum now is very embarrassed by what he has done and does not want to burden the group as the leader so he has decided to leave. If it’s me I would have done the same.”

EDIT

Kang Ho Dong then asked, “As the company, shouldn’t you stop him?” Park Jin Young said, “He did wrong, and on his own he thought that he did wrong. If you care about JaeBum, I think that public opinion and fans should leave him to be. He will know that everyone cares, but leave him to be for now.”

Lastly, he said, “The thing that I can do is be help as a dance and song teacher to help him keep his standards as a singer up during this resting period. When he is willing to return on to the stage, I will help him willingly. If JaeBum is to return, he will return as 2PM and not solo. JaeBum, the other members and myself will not want a solo comeback.”

OWH~~ ok so Mr.JYP is going to allow him back AS 2PM~!! Jae!! Come back now..please..Baby~ come back to us..Why isn't he coming back yet? geez...not to bash him or anything..but I think Mr.Park has really got alot up in his sleeves..sounds very caring..but somehow..do I sense fake-ish? but then again..at least now I know that Jae can come back as 2PM..what's 2PM without Jae right? for now I'll just satisfy my soul with 1.59PM..but still Jae..Baby~! Honey~! come back to us..Amen~ God Bless Your Little Heart

We all want Jay to return and we're waiting for him, but please do not belittle the other boys' efforts in the song and MV. Boycott or no boycott, I think the other boys (whom, may I remind you, have done absolutely nothing wrong) deserve this much respect from the fans. Let's try not to hurt the 6 of them too much while we await Jay's return.

Please don't judge me. You don't know me, I didn't give my reasons & that's not what you said, thanks.

Guest chimeraspunk

I can easily get angry at JYP's statement. WHAT TOOK HIM SO LONG HONESTLY. And most of it was repeated anyways. And I have a feeling he might not bring jay back anytime soon because of this -> "If you care about JaeBum, I think that public opinion and fans should leave him to be. He will know that everyone cares, but leave him to be for now.”

But its great to hear that he might be training right now. ->“The thing that I can do is be help as a dance and song teacher to help him keep his standards as a singer up during this resting period."

And I still maintain that Jay did not commit a mistake. Just because people could not accept it, doesn't mean it is a mistake. People just fail to consider context. And I find it so rude and insensitive that they did not consider his feelings then. And proceeded to blame him. Makes me sooo mad! How can they do that to him!

Seriously, netizens need to grow up. The korean society should be concerned. Not about jay but the online abuse. The netizens were like a big immature mob, bullying him. Some thing needs to be done about this. Something proactive. Before more lives are affected and ruined.

Lastly, I love the MV. I love Heartbeat. Everything is awesome, but clearly is imperfect because it lacks the awesomeness that is Jay. I actually find the semi-rap kinda cool. It expresses their frustration well. Taec's part sounds agonizing. And honestly WOOYOUNG'S PART SOUNDED CRAZY. Like he has gone mental. It sounds haunting.

The whole concept is very manly and mature. The songs feel heavier, the choreography (besides the weird cheerleading-like pyramid) is more artistic, the fashion is less frivolous unlike their previous looks and more bold and manlier. I feel the whole concept kinda mirrors what they've been through for the past 2 months and how much they've grown from the incident.

Im proud of the boys for persevering though. They did superb. I can't wait for their comeback! (: We've all been missing them for too long. Its heartwarming to see them receive so much love. I hope the public learns their lesson, and welcome Jay back with an open heart. Sincerely, and no hypocrisy. They better treat our leadja right when he's ready to come back!

Guest marshed

Please don't judge me. You don't know me, I didn't give my reasons & that's not what you said, thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I am not in a position to judge you as a person. But given that this is a forum where not everyone knows everyone else, my comments were based on your words "I don't care of the new MV". To me, at least, this felt like something very cold to say. But like you said, if you meant something else rather than "I don't care about what the rest do if Jay is not around", well then, good for you.

Guest chimeraspunk

Hey guys, I think this is a better article in interpreting JYP's words from http://sookyeong.wordpress.com.

I felt better after reading this..

Park Jin Young’s words:

“If you all care about JaeBum, fans and public opinion should leave him alone. It will be of help to give JaeBum some time. During this time when JaeBum rest, what I can do is to meet him in Seattle as singer and dance teacher to make sure that he does not rust as a singer. And I will help him out if he wants to return to perform on stage again.”

“He really loves the other 6 2PM members. So if he returns, he will of course return as part of 2PM. To comeback solo, JaeBum himself and the 2PM members will not want it.”

And about the MySpace incident which had caused an outrage in the Korean society, “I feel that the criticisms for JaeBum’s case has been exaggerated. There was even a petition for suicide.. But to say that he is escaping back to the States is exaggerated mistranslation, I want to say that he left without doing any wrong. If I was him, I would think the same. ‘Even though it was not a mistake, I would not be able to continue promotions coolly’.”

“For someone who does arts, he also plays the role of connecting cultures. It is wrong to criticise other people or culture. It was wrong of Jaebum to use such an expression. JaeBum was not a bad child. He was a very good kid. Only that back then it was very tough for him. He was very much unmotivated back then. He even said ‘If it is not Park Jin Young’s song, I have confidence to do well’. But JaeBum is not one to lie. And he still does not. And that is the most important thing. JaeBum has been changing and the Jaebum now is not the same as the JaeBum then.”

“Before he changed, he did caused hurt to the Korean society as a whole, I cannot deny that it was a bad expression made by him. JaeBum knew that it was his mistake and told me he cannot go on stage anymore. So as not to cause burden/harm to the rest of the members, he decided to leave for the States, if I’m JaeBum I’d do the same.”

c: Newsen

Guest petiteange22

just listened to heartbeat, and watched the mv.

i love the dance! the choreography's pretty good!

i'm sorry but i don't like the song much (chorus is okay but the semi-rap(?) not so). the verses and the chorus sound kinda disjointed to me. *gets bricked and bashed*

looking forward to their comeback performances though!

Archived