☆ 2 P M ★ Official Thread ☆

Guest touchtheskies.

Guest chopsticksandspoon
I know my Korean parents always criticise celebrities that they see on Korean shows or from what they read on the news. And I always tell them that they are human too, why criticise them so much for? And my dad (who has worked with celebrities before coz he was in the advertisement business) always says that they are in the public eye to be criticised. They know that with fame this comes, and it was their choice to choose this path so viewers have a right to criticise them. It's true, but I think this is more the general consensus in Korea.

Exactly. My Korean friends always tell me that the netizens are very powerful that even the government is afraid of them, of what they will say and might say, so the government is also careful. It's because the government serves the people and it's the people who put them in their position.

Same goes for celebrities. They are serving the people and the people are the one's who made them be where they are today.

There are some artists who wouldn't care, and just continue on with their music but typical idol groups are different, they need the public to live because the public feeds them.

As I have said, I think it's the difference in culture. He just wasn't accustomed to this kind of things. I just wish he didn't result to the easiest way out (for the people who hate him, not for his group, his fans and himself), which was to quit. I wish he could have taken the harder route and stayed with his group and his fans.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than the anti`s saying sorry I want the media and news people to translated what Jay said wrong to come out and say they are sorry for not getting their facts right and that they didn`t check to see what the english words written actually meant.. That is the one person or persons I want a sorry from!

Guest NaniSubs

We Hottest all should keep doing our constructive support for jay, but we should all stick together and WAIT TOGETHER. Wait for 2PM, JYP and Jaebeom. Checking up on this issue will be important and lets show Jay that he doesnt need to worry about not having enough support. Hottest and his family will show him plenty. Its all up to him and JYP now, so lets wait with an open heart, all of our hard work and support cannot go to waste. Hottest are the best, and lets take care of 2PM's place in the world.

edit: i cant help but still feel hollow inside :[.....

To those who said that Jay is not behaving like a leader by leaving, I have to disagree. How one leads his group is different from one to another. Not just it depends on the leader's personality, leadership has to take into accounts the group's dynamics and how they work as a team too. While qualities of a leader might overlap, individual characteristics won't be the same.

What he needs now is space and time, like some pointed, and I think that's the least we can do for him. He's safely with the people who love him for who he was, who he has become, and who he will be, unconditionally. I guess we can take comfort in that.

I also agree that JYP would have his own reasons to keep silent until now. I'd suggest we don't jump into wild assumptions and bombard him with more pressure than he obviously has had to deal with.

No more hate, we've had enough of those.

Thanks everyone for sharing what you did. <3

Guest gorjuzghurl

I don't really post here that much but when i saw that Dream Concert poster, i completely lost it. As i've said on my tumblr. That’s only Junho, Junsu, Nichkhun, Chansung, Wooyoung & Taec not 2PM. There are 7 members of 2PM & Jaebom is their leader.

Guest oshkoshbagosh18

2OD SUPPORT ONEDAY PROJECT

I know we are all having a hard time with Jay leaving and I cannot even express how i feel. Without leader Jay, 2PM will not be the same. They are a family. They are ONE. But as HOTTEST we are also sharing the same pain as the rest of the 2PM boys. They are probably having a harder time then all of us.

So as a HOTTEST and IAMS we also have to send them a some messages. We also have to show our support towards them. That we, IHOTTEST, won't give up on them and that we are always gonna be there for them. I know this might not help much, but it's the thought that it counts and at the fact that the boys love and support. We will be making a booklet with all the messages and send it to the boys as soon as possible. The DEADLINE for this project this Friday 11th of September, at 9:00PM EST. I hope that everyone can participate on this project too.

Please fill this out:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Message:[/b] (Please no more than 25 words)

[b]Country:[/b]

RULES (message)

- The message MUST be under 25 words

- Positive messages

- The message is towards the boys as a WHOLE

Hottest HAVE TO stay strong. Stay together. and SHOW our love and support.

- 2ONEDAY

if you want to participate click on link provided

http://www.2oneday.com/forum/index.php?sho...mp;#entry198727

Guest uh-ohxev

The Dream Concert poster absolutely killed me. I'm very upset that all these media outlets are taking him out of the shows, posters,etc. almost as if they're trying to erase the fact that he ever existed. I understand that they're doing this so that the whole subject can be dropped... but, I'm not ready for this... I think they're doing this way too fast. And if anything - if Jay finds out about this I think this will only add to his reasons of not returning to Korea... I'd feel pretty damn awful if less then a day after I leave the country, they try to erase everything about me... it's really painful to imagine...

I mean that poster may become "2PM" (I say it in quotes, because it's not really 2PM without all the members -.-)... I just can't imagine it. It's completely just... I don't even know.

I hate seeing the poster that way though. I'm scared to even see that performance... it's going to be so weird... and God, I am waiting for an official statement from JYP... I want to hear about the other members. How they're doing... I want to hear about 2PMs future! I just need some real news...

Guest leannetots

when i found out about jaebeom leaving korea this morning i didn't want to believe it , but after reading all these comments , not to mention that letter from his friend and the youtube message from another friend , i started crying so much . and reading about his arrival at the airport was REALLY heartbreaking . now i'm okey though , because i just have this feeling that he'll be back in korea — maybe not soon , maybe not in months , but he'll be back (=

i mean , he's a great leader , and if he sacrificed so much for his dream , i really doubt he'll just give up on it .

anyways , jaebeom needs a little time away from it all . when things clear up and calm down , i'm sure he'll be back . and of course , his fans will be waiting with open arms ^-^

It's cyber bullying. I agree. I wish there were cyber bullying laws in Korea just like the U.S.

i agree with Scherzando. Times like this makes me feel tempted to quit Kpop Fandom. I rarely see haters in America have as much power as haters in Korea. Message to the rest of 2pm members.. Please stand up for Jaebum and put those haters in their place.

well I look this up and it says they enforce new laws of cyber bullying

this was last year of Nov..

South Korea on Thursday started enforcing a new law aimed at curbing the country's notorious cyber bullying by preventing Internet users from hiding behind false IDs.

Under the "Internet real-name system," the country's major portals and news media websites will be compelled to record the real IDs of users when they post entries.

Portal operators will be obliged to disclose personal information such as names and addresses of cyber attackers when their victims want to sue them for libel or infringement upon privacy.

"From today, users will be asked to give their real name and social security number before being allowed to write their postings," said a spokesman of Daum, one of the country's top portals which boasts of 38 million users.

Cyber bullying has become a social issue in South Korea as many celebrities often fall victim to abuse and malicious attacks.

Many Internet users, taking advantage of anonymity, have made a hobby of writing malicious messages on websites, accusing celebrities of sex scandals or having plastic surgery, experts said.

TV star Jeong Da-Bin and pop singer Yuni reportedly suffered cyber bullying before they committed suicide earlier this year.

South Korea's top portal operators such as Daum and Naver, along with 33 others, are subject to the new regulation.

South Korea is one of the world's most wired countries, with nearly a third of its 48 million population having access to high-speed Internet.

I don't know it's the official law in korea...but they should

make it official though..

Guest splendidlure

^How come the article doesn't say what the punishment is for cyber-bullying in Korea? Is it a federal crime or what?

Exactly. My Korean friends always tell me that the netizens are very powerful that even the government is afraid of them, of what they will say and might say, so the government is also careful. It's because the government serves the people and it's the people who put them in their position.

Same goes for celebrities. They are serving the people and the people are the one's who made them be where they are today.

There are some artists who wouldn't care, and just continue on with their music but typical idol groups are different, they need the public to live because the public feeds them.

As I have said, I think it's the difference in culture. He just wasn't accustomed to this kind of things. I just wish he didn't result to the easiest way out (for the people who hate him, not for his group, his fans and himself), which was to quit. I wish he could have taken the harder route and stayed with his group and his fans.

What? Even the government is afraid? That makes me so mad. Yes, the government's job is protect and serve the people.

Obviously this is ruining many people's lives with so many celebrities committing suicide, then it's the government to the protect the people and enforce some laws. I agree. I feel kind of disappointed in Jaebum since all my life in America, we've been taught how to deal with bullies ever since kindergarten, so I kind of thought he would be stronger than this. If Yunho can survive an anti-fan poisoning, why couldn't Jaebum survive this? :(

Guest xmickeyx

Why doesn't someone create a main youtube site (possibly youtube.com/supportjaypark) and create a video & Hottests can attach video replies? That way its more organized and we can show jay that we support him!

Guest Aesthetic_Chinese

Why doesn't someone create a main youtube site (possibly youtube.com/supportjaypark) and create a video & Hottests can attach video replies? That way its more organized and we can show jay that we support him!

good idea we should do this instead. someone want to make the account?

i think that is a really good idea.

Guest RAISON:dream

As for me.. I don't really have much concerns for the girl that released Jay's myspace comments, honestly... when I first saw it I just laughed it off, I mean hello, first of all (just to reiterate a little bit), it was years ago and that was when Jay was totally unfamiliar of the place, much less with it's language, culture and people. He grew up the American way, how can people be so narrow minded and not consider that? C'mon people, be honest. Especially the western men, I believe that most of you do think in one way or another that Korea/Japan/China/other Asian countries are gay. It's the cultural differences.. Even some of my friends, they think the same, too. And I'm Asian, living in an Asian country. I even had online Korean friends that think the same.

I seriously can't believe that they couldn't just laugh it off and be considerate, but then again there's the cultural differences; and why would antis be considerate and understanding when they're... well, antis? They could've settled it the easy way. Jay did his part—he made a public apology, he took a bow. That was even the Korean way of apologizing. If the netizens/whoevertheyare were mature, they should've just accepted his sorry heart, and lived on. But no, they had "hurt" hearts and didn't forgive. I was just... shocked that the netizens/whoever would be "hurt" so much that they had to make a petition for Jay suiciding. If he should suicide because of what he had said, which was probably merely said out of longing for the place he grew up to, then some of my Korean friends and other guys should, too? That's just, wow.

The thing is.. I can see that he was very sorry for it and when he keeps on apologizing again and again over and over... it's too much and it's heartbreaking.

One Day/2PM/2AM isn't my main fandom, but I've been around the Korean Entertainment for years now and yes, I knew about them since their pre-debut. I honestly think all their voices and songs are awesome, and when I say I all, I really do mean all. I don't "stalk" them but I like them. Heck, I can't believe I cried when he posted his goodbye at the fancafe and was on his way to Seattle ^^;; I just hope that he does return, because 2PM is truly not 2PM without Leadja ♥ People can only be so harsh, but they're human and they have conscience too. I hope if anybody was really offended by Jay, he/she would forgive and understand him, so that no one will be left wounded and heartbroken, and so that we could go on with our lives (and FAND♥M!).

Let's pray for Jaebom to have a nice, relaxed getaway at the place he loves with his friends and family. It's good to hear that he's having a great time, gosh he really needed that, and so much more.

Sorry for making a novel but going on, about the VIDEOS PROJECT IDEA:

Support JAEBOM [Group] @ YT

^ That's a YT group.. yeah. It was made by LJ people, but I think other people can join! I also have an idea, though.. what if we include in our support videos clips of us apologizing (in as many language as we can) for the netizens that have hurt him? Yeah I said that they have conscience and all but.. can they really apologize? Will they even think of apologizing? I think if we do that in behalf of them.. Leadja's heart will be touched and... well, he'd love us more lololol. I think if we do that, it will show that we are even willing to go down our levels and take a bow for him, it shows that we really love him.

I don't think that I'm up for being the organizer though, but 2OD Forums already has the videos project.., maybe us soompiers could make a collaboration with them? In that way when it reaches Jaebom, he'd be reminded that majority of his international fans can be seen at 2OD and! Soompi's 2PM thread. IDK he might even visit us here and say thank you XD *is thinking too much*

*edit // Ugh he's apologizing to his mother as well. TT_______TT </3 JAEBOOOOOOOOOOOM :((

Guest bamitsannalyn

hello, i'm usually a silent reader on this thread. but this whole jaebum situation is just breaking my heart. I hope that jay is happy, and is relaxed with his family back in seattle. I support his decision.

I'm not sure if this has been shared yet, but there is a video of jay arriving in seattle, its kind of blurry but you can see jay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VidGD-rNRyE

The netizen who uploaded the video said, “He started crying when he saw his mother. His mother held his face and wiped his tears away. At the baggage claim, he kept saying sorry to his mother.”

Poor jay. But at least hes back home with his family and friends. I hope that he can rest there and that his mind is at ease.

I support jay in his decision, and I hope that something good can result from this.

^How come the article doesn't say what the punishment is for cyber-bullying in Korea? Is it a federal crime or what?

I do not believe it is a federal crime, especially since the Choi Jin-Shil Law hasn't been passed as of yet. However, anyone can take a legal stance by suing and getting each and every one of the netizens uncovered (which really isn't that hard in Korea). It's been done before, and it can easily be done again.

To those who say Jay is not being a leader by leaving 2PM;

One of the reasons Jay left was because he thought he was an obstacle in the way of his fellow members getting the spotlight they've worked for.

Remember that boycott? Well, as everyone knows, it was because of Jay. They were jeopardizing 2PM's future as a group because of these myspace comments.

This may have not been Jay's original dream, and he's worked hard too, but you guys should know Jay by now - he cares about his members and puts them before himself. The first sign of a true leader.

He knew that these boys have been working with him and that they were just finally getting their first taste of fame. And for him to be possibly "ruining" that, how do you think he must have felt?

He sacrificed himself and his dreams for the team, in a sense. If that's not leadership, I don't know what is.

We should just respect and accept Jay's decision. Only time will tell.

Guest Ready4theWorld

Hello All,

I've never posted in this forum before and I'm relatively new to the knowledge of k-pop. I hate that my first post here is about this sad event. I recently got into 2pm's music and shows via youtube and just like the rest of you I am saddened to hear about Jaebom's situation. Like the rest of you I will continue to support 2pm and Jaebom in their future ventures. This was a loss for the group and fans that was unnecessary. As fans we must come together and show our support to both parties. Remember that everything happens for a reason.

Peace & be well....

Guest xmickeyx

As for me.. I don't really have much concerns for the girl that released Jay's myspace comments, honestly... when I first saw it I just laughed it off, I mean hello, first of all (just to reiterate a little bit), it was years ago and that was when Jay was totally unfamiliar of the place, much less with it's language, culture and people. He grew up the American way, how can people be so narrow minded and not consider that? C'mon people, be honest. Especially the western men, I believe that most of you do think in one way or another that Korea/Japan/China/other Asian countries are gay. It's the cultural differences.. Even some of my friends, they think the same, too. And I'm Asian, living in an Asian country. I even had online Korean friends that think the same.

I seriously can't believe that they couldn't just laugh it off and be considerate, but then again there's the cultural differences; and why would antis be considerate and understanding when they're... well, antis? They could've settled it the easy way. Jay did his part—he made a public apology, he took a bow. That was even the Korean way of apologizing. If the netizens/whoevertheyare were mature, they should've just accepted his sorry heart, and lived on. But no, they had "hurt" hearts and didn't forgive. I was just... shocked that the netizens/whoever would be "hurt" so much that they had to make a petition for Jay suiciding. If he should suicide because of what he had said, which was probably merely said out of longing for the place he grew up to, then some of my Korean friends and other guys should, too? That's just, wow.

The thing is.. I can see that he was very sorry for it and when he keeps on apologizing again and again over and over... it's too much and it's heartbreaking.

One Day/2PM/2AM isn't my main fandom, but I've been around the Korean Entertainment for years now and yes, I knew about them since their pre-debut. I honestly think all their voices and songs are awesome, and when I say I all, I really do mean all. I don't "stalk" them but I like them. Heck, I can't believe I cried when he posted his goodbye at the fancafe and was on his way to Seattle ^^;; I just hope that he does return, because 2PM is truly not 2PM without Leadja ♥ People can only be so harsh, but they're human and they have conscience too. I hope if anybody was really offended by Jay, he/she would forgive and understand him, so that no one will be left wounded and heartbroken, and so that we could go on with our lives (and FAND♥M!).

Let's pray for Jaebom to have a nice, relaxed getaway at the place he loves with his friends and family. It's good to hear that he's having a great time, gosh he really needed that, and so much more.

Sorry for making a novel but going on, about the VIDEOS PROJECT IDEA:

Support JAEBOM [Group] @ YT

^ That's a YT group.. yeah. It was made by LJ people, but I think other people can join! I also have an idea, though.. what if we include in our support videos clips of us apologizing (in as many language as we can) for the netizens that have hurt him? Yeah I said that they have conscience and all but.. can they really apologize? Will they even think of apologizing? I think if we do that in behalf of them.. Leadja's heart will be touched and... well, he'd love are more lololol. I think if we do that, it shows that we are even willing to go down our levels and take a bow for him, it shows that we really love him.

I don't think that I'm up for being the organizer though, but 2OD Forums already has the videos project.., maybe us soompiers could make a collaboration with them? In that way when it reaches Jaebom, he'd be reminded that majority of his international fans can be seen at 2OD and! Soompi's 2PM thread. IDK he might even visit us here and say thank you XD *is thinking too much*

*edit // Ugh he's apologizing to his mother as well. TT_______TT </3 JAEBOOOOOOOOOOOM :((

Can we attach our own videos?

Guest xdaisiesx3

Honestly guys - I know that in the public, it's known that Jay decided to leave 2PM, but do you actually think that's the truth? The entertainment business doesn't work that way. He doesn't have a choice of leaving or not - it's all up to the boss - which in this case, was JYP himself. He's the one who sent Jay out of 2PM, because at the end, it's all about money. Keeping him in 2PM would not benefit the group, knowing how Korean netizens would be if someone disturbed their pride. They wouldn't forgive and forget-- that history would follow the group until the end, which means no profit ($$), which is why JYP probably decided to make him leave. I guess we should be thankful that he wasn't banned from Korea, since Yoo Seungjoon is, still to this day.

Jay Park, fighting. And if you ever do come back as our leader of 2PM, we will be more than ecstatic.

Archived