[Drama 2009] Swallow The Sun 태양을 삼켜라

Guest yeohweping

Guest yeohweping

Sung Yuri will be acting in this drama instead of Queen Sun Duk.

Lee Na Young is just a rumor as the news reports were all amended to Sung Yuri instead.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sung Yuri Confirmed for The Land of Professionals

th_starnews_Random_20081125094110268b6.jpg

In a surprising turn of events, Sung Yuri who had been confirmed for Queen Seondeok has now instead been confirmed for All In 2 instead today.

Sung Yuri has been confirmed for All In 2 which will be known as The Land of Professionals. The male lead will be Ji Sung, last seen in New Heart.

The Land of Professionals is the sequel to All In which was shown in 2003 and featured stars like Lee Byung Hun, Song Hae Gyo, Ji Sung (am surprised he is in this) and Park Sol Mi. Director Yoo Chul Yong and screenwriter Choi Won Gyu will collaborate once again on this project, making this sequel highly anticipated in 2009. The story will revolve around 3 people who were born in Jeju Island.

No reason was given for the switch. But speculation is that either Sung Yuri felt she was incapable of playing Queen Seondeok or MBC decided to not take the chance since Queen Seondeok was their big budget saeguk for 2009.

The 20 episode drama is expected to air in June 2009.

source: coolsmurf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sung Yuri pairs Ji Sung in "All In 2"

th_hanfever_LOP_ji_sung_sung_yuri.jpg

After being dropped from her role as Queen Sun Duk due to overwhelming objections from the internal, Sung Yuri is now chosen as the female lead for "All In" second season, titled "The Land of Professionals" and will pair with Ji Sung in this new drama.

"The Land of Professionals" will consist of 2 male leads and 1 female lead with Ji Sung and Sung Yuri being confirmed at this moment. The first season of "All In" by Lee Byung Hun and Song Hye Kyo shown in 2003 achieved a record of over 50% in TV rating and as this drama is a collaboration between Director Yoo Chul Yong and Choi Won Gyu once again (from All In), the drama is one of the most anticipated in 2009. It will revolve around the dreams and love of 3 person borned in Jeju Island.

Ji Sung will play as Kim Jeong Woo, an illegitimate child of a hooligan and a fisherwoman, who grows up in an orphanage and has a very rebellious personality. Sung Yuri plays a talented conductor in an international level Orchestra, who received her education overseas. She is a career woman with resolute.

The director also said that the other lead actor will be selected from the current group of popular ones.

SBS drama "The Land of Professionals" consists of a total of 20 episodes and is scheduled to air in June 2009.

Although it is dubbed "All In 2″ but the storyline has nothing to do with "All In", just that it is using the same director and writer. Anyway, I think Sung Yuri is better off taking this drama as "Queen Sun Duk" may really prove too much of a challenge for her. Looking forward to her new drama.

source: hanfever

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All In gets a sequel

th_dramabeans_LOP_sungyuri_39.jpg th_dramabeans_LOP_jisung_1.jpg

After Sung Yuri was touted as the new Queen Seon-deok, then summarily dropped, she’s now being announced as the confirmed lead in the sequel to the uber-popular 2003 drama All In.

The original SBS series starred then-dating Song Hye-gyo and Lee Byung-heon and subsequently shot Song to bona fide stardom. (Sung and Song, incidentally, are said to also be good friends.)

The “All In 2″ series will bear the title 꾼들의 나라 (working title; Gamblers’ World or Workers’ World) and features as its male lead Ji Sung (New Heart) — who, by the way, was also in the original All In. The story features young natives of Seogwipo city on Jeju Island who strive to turn their hometown into an international destination.

The drama reunites original writer Choi Wan-kyu (who also wrote Gourmet, Jumong, Love Story in Harvard, and Heo Jun) and PD Yoo Chul-yong (of HIT, Sad Sonata) and will air in 24 episodes on SBS next June. It plans to begin filming in January.

source: dramabeans

Guest sang_woo_always

I'm so happy she's doing this

instead of the other one because

she'll be opposite JI SUNG!!!!! OMG,

I totally can not wait! I love them two.

finally they're pairing up! YES, a

drama to look forward to!

Guest Happy_Day

Wow.. I like the idea of JiSung and SungYuri. I think they could have great chemistry. Anyone which role she's playing, the rich careerwoman? And is this really a sequel to All In, or is it just being promoted as a similar drama?, like is JiSung playing the same character from All In?

I'm glad SYR pulled out of Queen SunDeok coz I don't think she's ready for a heavy sageuk yet.

Guest crybabytt

I'm happy Yuri got casted for this drama. I know she'll rock it :D.

Love the new pairing of Ji Sung and Yuri as well :wub: .

It's been awhile since I last watched All In. Looks like I'll have to go back and refresh my memory now.

I can feel the high expectation to the new leads of this sequel but I hope they don't get pressured so much. I don't feel any regret that Yuri wasn't able to get the role of Queen something... This is much and way better!!! :) That is what you call good karma.

Not sure if the Press Conference will be held on 22nd.

SBS드라마 '태양을 삼켜라'…22일 ICC제주서 '제작 설명회'

줄거리 및 제작일정 등 설명, 출연배우 대거 참석…팬미팅·팬사인회 예정

2008년 12월 21일 (일) 10:21:10 양미순 기자 jejuyang@hotmail.com

57312_62532_2237.jpg

'꾼들의 나라'에서 제목을 바꾼 SBS 수목드라마 '태양을 삼켜라'의 제작 설명회 및 팬미팅 행사가 오는 22일 오후 6시 제주국제컨벤션센터에서 개최된다.

이날 행사에는 '태양을 삼켜라'의 주연배우 지성, 성유리를 포함한 전광렬, 유오성, 조상구, 한지연, 김정태, 마동석 등의 출연자가 참석하고 SBS 드라마제작국 김영섭 총괄CP, 강철화 제작사 대표, 최완규 작가, 유철용 감독 등도 참석한다.

'태양을 삼켜라'의 밤 행사는 서귀포시민들에게 드라마에 대한 줄거리와 출연진 및 제작일정 등을 설명하기 위해 마련됐다.

설명회 이후에는 출연배우와 팬들이 만날 수 있는 시간을 마련해 디지털카메라나 휴대전화카메라를 이용해 스타와 사진을 찍을 수 있도록 배려하고 팬 사인회도 진행한다.

한편 내년 6월17일부터 9월4일까지 24부작으로 방영될 예정인 SBS 수목드라마 '태양을 삼켜라'는 제주도에서 태어난 젊은이들이 서로 다른 사랑과 야망을 통해 진정한 성공의 가치가 무엇인가를 깨닫고 서로 합심해 고향(서귀포시)을 위해 거대한 프로젝트를 완성해 나가는 과정을 그려낸다. <제주의소리>

<양미순 기자 / 저작권자ⓒ제주의소리. 무단전재_재배포 금지>

Source: http://www.jejusori.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=57312

Archived