[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest darcyausten86

Intervention thanks for that cute gif

i agree snow is more romantic...

if you think about it, its harder to stay in snow than in rain...

and that was so sweet it shows of how serious is junpyo to jandi..

darcyausten86 from your username i can say that your a pride and prejudice fan, and so am i..

i read somewhere that yoko kamio(author of hyd manga) based her story on pride and prejudice of jane austen..

it says that : The Japanese manga Hana Yori Dango by Yoko Kamio, in which the wealthy, arrogant and proud protagonist, Doumyouji Tsukasa, falls in love with a poor, lower-class girl named Makino Tsukushi, is loosely based on Pride and Prejudice.

I am a hug P&P fan. I didn't know HYD was loosely based on the novel, until I saw the Taiwanese version two years ago and I noticed some moments that remind me of the book. That's why I love HYD so much. I'm just glad Rui is not like Mr. Wickham. :P

I might have jumped the gun with my judgment of JanDi as a character. i was (unreasonably, I suppose) expecting a more Makino-like performance where she was more dignified and less childish. I'm rather tired of the overdone '"tough korean girl" cliche. What attracts me most about Makino's character was that she was very polite and dignified even when lashing back at the bullying. She rarely ever forgot her polite speech even when telling Domyouji to cut his crap. She also wouldn't shove food down her throat in the cafeteria.

Makino in the J-drama was dignified and somewhat mature, but in the manga, she's crazy. Or at least, crazier than in the J-drama. I think this version's a more accurate portrayal of manga-Makino. In the manga, Makino called Domyouji's mom some rude names. xD I liked that scene. Manga-Makino was also very girly imo.

I like this version. If it were the same in every drama, wouldn't people NOT watch it? o_o

Guest Screen Name
No one ever heard of "Bros before hos" or "friends b4 girls"? lols. it's the same as boys over flowers.
Your examples are trash. Doesn't fit the media. Thanks for your retarded joke though. Bye.

Guest silverwingz

Sang Sang Plus Season 2, Episode 39 (090113) ~ 'Boys Before Flowers' Cast (KBS2 Drama)

Guests: Kim Hyun Joong (SS501), Kim Bum, Goo Hye Sun & Ahn Suk Hwan

i'm not sure if you guys know this or whether it's been mentioned here before,

but some of the cast of this drama are appearing in this variety show this Tuesday.

Guest hopesofgreen

I am a hug P&P fan. I didn't know HYD was loosely based on the novel, until I saw the Taiwanese version two years ago and I noticed some moments that remind me of the book. That's why I love HYD so much. I'm just glad Rui is not like Mr. Wickham. :P

A few years ago when I watched the other versions, I noticed the similarities too! I told my friend and she thought I was just stretching it and relating everything to P&P (my favorite book!). Then I read that it was loosely based on P&P and I totally proved her wrong. :D

As for if this version will include Jandi's male friend, I read that it does and that it will be played by Kim Hyesung. I might be wrong since I don't know how credible it is.

Guest huangsy

Boys Before/Over Flowers means that the boys are more gorgeous than the flowers. Yeah, it can be lame...but overall, the title's cute.

actually the Korean title is literally "flowers-than-man/men/male"

something got to give and gets lost in translation, so the closest would be Boys Over Flowers or Boys Before Flowers.

After a while, it is a matter of semantics.

I dont know any Japanese but perhaps "yori" means 'than' too ?

Anyway, if the Korean title has kept faithful to the manga title, dont nitpick on it and fault the translation to English, which is largely for the benefit of those here who dont understand Korean.

Sometimes though as a thread starter, I could have use any version of English title I want but for the sake of those who search the Official Thread or internet, for the searchers convenience, I just follow what is most official or popular.

Guest sennorita

To those who have a Facebook account and are interested... I have a huge favor to ask. :sweatingbullets:

I made a Boys before Flowers fan page (in Facebook) and (is promoting the page) asking for support. The page is currently a work in progress.

Please feel free to add photos, comments, videos, notes and etc. If you'd like to become page admins kindly PM me through SOOMPI.

The page is Kdrama 2009: Boys over Flowers | 꽃보다 남자 (Kkot-bo-da Nam-ja).

Thanks a many and much. A nice weekend to everyone.

I joined your fan page =). Just cause i'm on fb alot anyways... well not alot, but yeah... and i'm such a fan of BOF! <3

MiyuKanata09 :o

I love your sig! <3

Which image is that from where Goo Joon Pyo is whispering to her and she's smiling?

>.<

Guest pallycute

Sang Sang Plus Season 2, Episode 39 (090113) ~ 'Boys Before Flowers' Cast (KBS2 Drama)

Guests: Kim Hyun Joong (SS501), Kim Bum, Goo Hye Sun & Ahn Suk Hwan

i'm not sure if you guys know this or whether it's been mentioned here before,

but some of the cast of this drama are appearing in this variety show this Tuesday.

Where is Lee Min Ho?? Is he not join this show??

I really hope Min Ho participate in this show... <_<

Guest silverwingz

Where is Lee Min Ho?? Is he not join this show??

I really hope Min Ho participate in this show... <_<

no he's not. only the 4 people i mentioned are guests.

for download links and more information on the show, you can go to the thread. there is a link in my siggy.

Guest elise0605

in ep2, GHS acts better than ep1

Ho is funny and entertaining

Bum is nice

HJ acts more impressive but a bit hard (especially he is bad at moving his eyes, the expression by eyes is still inconvincing)

Ah, maybe it's me, but while reading the manga, I've always envisioned Rui to be awkward and out of place. I haven't seen the other 2 version of HYD, but as far as I'm imagined it, i think Rui starts off really well. I don't think he's suppose to be suave or anything... he's suppose to be introverted, just within a world comfortable for himself and some soft spots.

Guest lovenlight

whew ~~ :sweatingbullets: I did post msg on thw main forum board...

Anyway..I heard that Junpyo will straight his hair for (only for a short time period)for Jandi. If that's right I wonder how he will look like..

Let's guess..here's some Ex.

and pray for Jihoo to get his beauty back..look so tired and his hair..hmmmm make him look more tired. he was called God once(who rules beauty) back in few month before We've got married.

Enjoy! have a great weekend.

http://tvzonebbs.media.daum.net/griffin/do...amp;pageIndex=1

ahhhh I like korean version!!! hahahahah Normally for Meteor Garden, even for Taiwan or Japan version, I always love for RUI's role! But for korean version is different! I'm starting to like Doumyouji Tsukasa! hahaha butttttt in the same time, I still love RUI! I think Hyun joong acts well! and I love when he smiles! so cuteeeee!!!

But, for Makino, I still like Taiwanese/Japanese version better.

I love korean F4!~!!! they are all handsome, good looking and charming!

and also shizuka! I love korean's shizuka too!!! prettttttyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Guest baileimei

I joined your fan page =). Just cause i'm on fb alot anyways... well not alot, but yeah... and i'm such a fan of BOF! <3

MiyuKanata09 :o

I love your sig! <3

Which image is that from where Goo Joon Pyo is whispering to her and she's smiling?

>.<

(^-^) thank you [very much]. we'll be updating the page as soon as we can get our hands on pics, news, vids and so on.

Guest swtanjel012

im starting to fall for joon pyo. def the korean cast is better looking. his looks remind me of meteor garden's jerry yan