[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest Dreamweaver2

Well, i've just finished watching Ep.14. I have this random question which I don't know if I can ask in this thread or not. If not, plz nvm. ^.^

In the scene when JP spoted JD in the clothing store holding the shoes, do you guys remember the part when she turned back the shoe to see the price ? I would like to know the brand of the shoes if anyone of you know...because it doesn't make sense to me since the shoes are made in China and the price is 2 thousands smt.

It isnt USD2,000, I think.

2,000 dollars in Macau currency is roughly about USD250, which isnt expensive for the upper middle class and richer but pricey for a commoner.

It's funny, why do people think the price on bottom of shoe was real?

But, another question... when it is all said and done you know the kissing scene and the other drama that surrounds the two love birds JD and JP, do you think that JD will take Junpyo back? Wouldn't Junpyo have to offer some kind of explanation to Jandi about his actions? Will it be JiHoo who will find out the truth, like the incedent at the ski resort, and expose the truth to Jandi? Thinking about this kinda gives me a brain cramp... I don't think that I have been so obessed about a drama like this in my life!

This LJ of Volumes 31 & 32 of HYD reviews what happened after NY (Macau in this installment). It's beautifully written. I hope they do something like this in this version. I can see the picture we've been seeing of JD & JP on the beach, holding hands and she is wearing the necklace here. :)

... Damn, some of you guys are BRUTALLY mean when it comes down to Hyunjoong.

So lemme sum up what I'm about to say: If his acting is SOOOO bad that it makes you cringe, why do you still watch it. I'm sure BOF doesn't need your sorry eyes watching the drama, really.

Why can't people complain about an actor's work? In all honesty, I have a really hard time understanding what he wants to convey at times. If I hadn't read a lot of the manga and watched the J-version, I am not sure I would know who this Rui really is. I seriously feel he is the weakest link. But he is laughing all the way to the bank as he is raking in more than twice than what LMH & GHS are making these days in deals. I can't feel too sorry for the guy. :rolleyes:

Guest budibudi

So lemme sum up what I'm about to say: If his acting is SOOOO bad that it makes you cringe, why do you still watch it. I'm sure BOF doesn't need your sorry eyes watching the drama, really.

What makes me cringe is that people that literally squashes a person's hard work (despite how you feel about the person ability to act). Hyunjoong is trying -- don't take aspect away from him...

Do you want the director to bring Meteor Garden's Hua Ze Lei (if you think Hyunjoong is doing a bad job... LOL)

Embrace the Jihoo now because honestly, it could've been worse IMO.

Personally, Hyunjoong's acting isn't bad, considering singer-became-actor.

I’m usually a lurker here but wanted to say a few coins re: the YJ punching JP instead of JH. I thought it was because it seems out of character of JH to do punch JP not because KHJ is a bad actor. In HYD Soujiro had almost the same temper as Domyouji, so I had expected this.

Having said that.. I still think KHJ is a bad actor. Don’t get me wrong, I like him as an individual, I really loved him in WGM, thought he was a funny, adorable and had a chunkload of charisma - but as an actor, completely different story. Also I hate how people defending his bad acting because he’s a newbie. Some people are natural at this without having to have experience. Just an example - Lee Si Young and Kim Joon (although not on-screen as often as KHJ) seems to be more than capable, and aren’t they newbies? When I watch them on screen they are so natural, it’s a breeze to watch. BBF is a highly anticipated drama, along with this comes huge expectations, and of course, all the HJ fans (I included) should very well expect these criticisms, and accept them if they are true. I wished that KBS would have casted someone who had a bit more experience or if not, a better actor to play Rui. Ah well, bad or not, he seems to be doing very well, he’s the highest paid out of all the actor, which baffles me to no end.

To the poster I_broke_a_nail! I think it’s unfair to tell people not to watch BBF just because they think KHJ is a bad actor, I mean there’s more to the drama than JH, and what’s up with the JP has bad teeth? I never noticed this, I think his teeth are perfect. I’m sorry to say but I think it’s a bit “immature” to go as far as making fun of an actor’s face. As far as I know I don’t think people have been poking fun at KHJ’s appearance, we’re just critiquing his abilities as an actor, which I think is fair-game if you’re in a high-profile drama don’t you think?

What makes me cringe is that people that literally squashes a person's hard work (despite how you feel about the person ability to act). Hyunjoong is trying -- don't take aspect away from him...

your second statement is a little unfair. people are entitled to express their opinion, just like you are. for me personally, I'm not fond of his acting at all. I tend to find myself to fast forward his scenes. I am watching because of something/someone else. hence why other people are still watching despite *cringing* at another actor's acting.

but yes, i do agree at some extent that people [myself included] have been a little unfair towards him. actually, I think he's getting better as of late. I really think my first impressions of the JiHoo-portrayal were quite detestable, that I'm having a hard time bringing myself to re-like the character.

and honestly, it doesn't help when I read that his fans are *allegedly* asking for him having more screentime, thus BOF producers adhering to it...? it just doesn't sound right to me. *shrugs shoulders*

Guest Dreamweaver2

what is the purpose of putting jihoo's gay chinese friend on the show? does anyone have any ideas? thank you.

I remember from previews that at some point, JiHoo carries JanDi piggyback to friend's house and JunPyo watches from his car. Based on clothing, think this may occur at beginning of Ep15 when they return to the friend's house. (Remember, 14 ended with JiHoo and JanDi sightseeing and earlier, JunPyo had learned that they had checked out of the hotel but not yet left Macao.)

Not sure if anyone said this, but maybe that random extra day/night's stay at (c'mon, people, definitely gay - not there's anything wrong with that ;) ) friend's house was way to set up another scene where JunPyo tracks down JiHoo and JanDi and then has to endure seeing them together?

personally i like hyunjoong's acting. he's good for the role. Yes he's a little stiff but that's part of the character...i think. he's supposed to be this sweet, charming, handsome Prince Charming with a dark past. I think he's doing very well at his role.

oh and props to Beom (YJ) oppa for punching MinHo (JunPyo). He really needed that. As much of player as YJ is he still knows how to respect a woman. Yay Yj (Beom) oppa!

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Did anybody else notice that the piggyback scene was not in Ep. 14? Will that be in Ep. 15 then?

Because maybe at the beginning of 15 they will have that, if not it could be one of those scenes that didn't make it into the final episode.

Just read the posts above me.

And BTW, does anybody have the latest NG subbed? I can't really understand what they are saying.

- Kyu

so another liveblog i don't them for ep 1 -6 sry. i'll post the next few in a couple of hour

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

OMG, thank you :w00t::w00t: ! I came home after what has to be the worst working Friday ever only to see this. I laughed so hard. It's hard now for me to think about those episodes without thinking of your post. Keep them coming, your blogger is just great.

Guest sandybabe88

in my opinion, i think jd and jp ending up together would be the only way for the series to end. if jp were to fall in love with jk, his mom wins, re-asserting that money is the most important thing, and solves all problems. in the beginning jd was unable to answer jp when he asked if there was anything money can't buy. i think jd not answering was deliberate, because figuring out that money cant buy love was an important lesson jp is learning. he has already learned that money can't buy the sense of family he has learned from jd, as well that money can't solve his heartbreak, in fact it has become the sole factor to the reason behind his heartbreak. also, in ep. 4 when jp flipped out over the hotel pics, and drove off in a craze, yj and wb were saying they havent seen jp this hurt since his sister got married. i think this is setting up that perhaps his sister too loved someone, yet had to marry someone arranged by family. that is why i feel the sister will be a key person to help these two.. especially when she had said to jd that their mom thinks the shinhwa heir needs no friends,money solves everything etc..

p.s i know someone said why cant there be a real f4.. but havent we all at one time experienced a little f4 in our lives?

the wb in our life, that is cute and makes us laugh, but somehow there's nothing in common.. the yj that is a playboy and makes us fall but leaves us disappointed. the jh who is perfect on paper, but we cant get beyond seeing him as"just a friend".. and lastly the jp who we would never have imagined ourselves with, yet cant see ourselves without?

:)

Guest lyptika

In one of the previews there was a scene of JH singing and playing guitar in the streets of Macao with a crowd of people watching. I wonder which song he will perform :D *anticipating*

In one of the previews there was a scene of JH singing and playing guitar in the streets of Macao with a crowd of people watching. I wonder which song he will perform :D *anticipating*

Wild guess - "Because I'm stupid". That would be just too weird. :lol:

Guest marjorie<3

your second statement is a little unfair. people are entitled to express their opinion, just like you are. for me personally, I'm not fond of his acting at all. I tend to find myself to fast forward his scenes. I am watching because of something/someone else. hence why other people are still watching despite *cringing* at another actor's acting.

but yes, i do agree at some extent that people [myself included] have been a little unfair towards him. actually, I think he's getting better as of late. I really think my first impressions of the JiHoo-portrayal were quite detestable, that I'm having a hard time bringing myself to re-like the character.

and honestly, it doesn't help when I read that his fans are *allegedly* asking for him having more screentime, thus BOF producers adhering to it...? it just doesn't sound right to me. *shrugs shoulders*

i agree with her its jst fair to express each views abt the actors ... i also did that fast forwrd thing when it comes to jihoo parts he is my fave in ss501 but here i dunno i cnt like him enough but in taiwan version i always waits for hua ze lei parts maybe he acting "too cold" over jan di the PD shud let us feel even ji hoo is a quiet type but when it comes to jan di his expression shud changed like more sweet expressions moments more smiles for jan di alone.

anyways but i dnt complete agree to all that his acting is that bad maybe he cud improve but so far is acting is ok for now as for fans request for more ji hoo role maybe bcuz they r not satisfied wid his screenin time as well as acting i gues, coz even thou an actor appeared short scene HE CAN BE NOTICEABLE IF HIS ACTING IS GREAT LIKE WOO BIN even thou he has short lines but when he acted in fighting scenes and the scene in Macau which he had more lines than before the audience immediate noticed him and applaud him , dats what im trying to say even hyun joong will hav more screen time or short screen time it doesnt matter as long as he will act his best he will still "shine" no matter what ^_^

Guest t1ff13 izZ m33h

Do you want the director to bring Meteor Garden's Hua Ze Lei (if you think Hyunjoong is doing a bad job... LOL)

Embrace the Jihoo now because honestly, it could've been worse IMO.

QUESTION

- Is Han Chae Young coming back to the drama? Jihoo needs some loving ... =(

I totally agree with you!!!! I think Hyun Joong is doing a great job portraying a quiet character with a dark past. He has yet to open up his love to Jan Di...which we will see in the upcoming episodes because Hai Ming (Ji Hoo's friend) said that Ji Hoo looks at Jan Di like how he looked at Seo Hyun before.

p.s i know someone said why cant there be a real f4.. but havent we all at one time experienced a little f4 in our lives?

the wb in our life, that is cute and makes us laugh, but somehow there's nothing in common.. the yj that is a playboy and makes us fall but leaves us disappointed. the jh who is perfect on paper, but we cant get beyond seeing him as"just a friend".. and lastly the jp who we would never have imagined ourselves with, yet cant see ourselves without?

:)

Sorry to cut your post.... this part made me smile. It's so true. While reading it I was naming people I know. :lol:

Guest betchay

This scene came across as childish, immature and slapsticky. Also, it broke the momentum of how rotten he felt inside after he dumped JD; he was at the point of breaking down when he saw her at the shop. Besides, I am sure there would be more than just one pair in the shop, making it unrealistic for them to be fighting over a pair of shoes.

Agreed.... the scene was cute but wrong timing.

It really did break the momentum when JP became so childish over the shoe.

To think that they just broke up. :(

Hyun Joong is doing an excellent job. :wub:

Perfect Ji Hoo sunbae... :sweatingbullets::D

Guest dreampryncezz

This has probably been discussed already, but I just wanted to say it again b/c I just just came to the realization after I rewatched episode 12.

JP's mom was talking to her husband (at least I assume it's her husband because she called him "honey")

JP's mom: I'll take responsibility for it. Therefore you shouldn't say a word, do you understand? Right now, what isn't important is you or I. Are you going to throw Shinhwa away like this? How could your father--honey? Honey?

Phone hangs up

JP's mom: His (the father) condition isn't good. Get Jun Pyo.

My analysis:

1. I feel like she wants to control JP because she's power hungry.

2. She uses the same controlling method on her husband: "your father..."

3. His father is not dead! "you can't say a word"

See...that conversation is so off. It has to be some ploy

Guest eternitygoddess

Is this necessary? I mean honestly. If anyone saw how his personailty was in We Got Married, you'd know that he's acting EXTREMELY well as Ji Hoo. The character he is playing is supposed to be the ideal prince charming and he pulls it off with tremendous skill. I think anyone can pretend to be a tantrum-child like Jun Pyo, but to be someone reserved and observative is more complex. I think Hyun Joon has a harder role to interpret because Ji Hoo is austic and so reserved in his emotions.

:blink: :blink:

BOOYAH! Regardless of what people think, Hyun Joong is a key to $$$ and BOF staff members know this. He's gotten so many deals and promos already. Plus, his mad raving fans have been so vocal about giving him more air time and seeing more of him in episodes obviously speaks to what majority wants. Keep the Ji Hoo love comin'.

It only serves to damage the credibility and quality of the drama when you cast someone not on the basis of his acting skill, but rather to appease his rabid fans so they can squeal over his face on tv.